As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA] - Timeline - Greed / Anarchy Victory

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Varcayn wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    I think Burnage should be our "if he gets voted out on Day x" example instead of kime. No need to be giving anyone ideas :P.

I go with the examples I'm given. :P

But fair enough, I'll make up a name in future.

Haha, I'm just kidding. I barely care about being voted off in a normal game, but in this one I get to keep playing :P! (I still think evil Burnage should be used :twisted:)

LightRider, you are also my goal to kill.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Julius CaezureJulius Caezure Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Going to need some time to noodle this out, but !signup

Julius Caezure on
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    You couldn't kill me in a thousand timelines.

LightRider on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    LightRider wrote: »
    Watch me get the one vig in the game who kills people permanently. Watch me!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I didn't sign up for this!

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !sign up

Zandracon on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    its a main!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sign me up!

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    kime wrote: »
    LightRider wrote: »
    Watch me get the one vig in the game who kills people permanently. Watch me!
    I'll be watching you alright.

Watching you die night after night! Forever!

LightRider on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh god

Rend on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I can't resist a game like this. Eventually I hope to figure out how it works, too.

Bremen on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm convinced that this is Varcayn's attempt to hurt Blarney's spreadsheets.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm convinced that this is Varcayn's attempt to hurt Blarney's spreadsheets.

I think I'm going to have nightmere's about trying to read and analyze these spreadsheets. Making them? Ouch.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The way I see it... we want to have the vote counts relatively close each day, unless a mafia is being eliminated. This may prove to be a useful tool for networking (public seering) and providing lots of village second chances.

EDIT: Also, I don't think spreadsheets are gonna be that big of a problem, really...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Signup. Oh dear.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Crazy awesome maybe.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dang, this looks complicated... I'm soooo in!

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Signup!

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sign me up too

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !This one would most certainly like to advance the knowledge of our culture.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm in!

Zellpher on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What the hey

Delmain on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !Holy crap.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !Sign up

Arasaki on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !Sign up.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !Serious Brain Damage.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I say we all vote for 1 persone day one so that they get an insurmountable 50-0 vount count and can never change it and are permanently stuck at day 1.

lets do it to Kime!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I say we all vote for 1 persone day one so that they get an insurmountable 50-0 vount count and can never change it and are permanently stuck at day 1.

lets do it to Kime!

This sounds like an amazing idea. But I <3 kime. :(

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2009

lets do it to Kime!

I don't think it works that way. If you get voted out on Day 1, then on Main Timeline Day 2, you will be on Day 1. On Main Timeline Day 3, you will be on Day 2. Basically, if you get eliminated from the Main Timeline on Day X, then when the Main Timeline is on Day Y, you will be on Day Y - X. The timeline mechanic will probability be useful for changing the vote to set up network heads and verified players only to a limited extent, since causality cannot be overturned for special abilities (as far as we know right now). Being killed by a vigilante or the mafia means that you cannot return to the Main Timeline - you are effectively dead, but can still affect the game through the Alternate Timeline voting.

Of course, my understanding could be flawed and what I've stated does not actually hold.

Ah, hell. I !sign up. I've invested enough thought in the game already.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    the way I understand it is that if Kime gets a 50-0 vote for him day 1, he'll be back at day 1 again but the vote will still be 50-0 so he'll die again and go back to day 1 again unless he can get 51 people to vote for someone else.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    the way I understand it is that if Kime gets a 50-0 vote for him day 1, he'll be back at day 1 again but the vote will still be 50-0 so he'll die again and go back to day 1 again unless he can get 51 people to vote for someone else.

If you look at the example in the OP, after Player 2 becomes the vote leader for Day 1, it will be as if he was eliminated on that day - when everyone else is on Main Timeline Day 3, he will be on Alternate Timelines Day 2. Player 2 doesn't just get forced to stew in Day 1 forever, he's simply one day behind in the Alternate Timeline.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This... this is brilliant. I don't understand it at all, but it's brilliant.

This is heavy. Sign me up, Doc

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    From what I gathered by the clarifications, it was stated that the day by day votes stack, meaning that all fifty votes on Kime would remain on that day forever. Thereby guaranteeing that he would be stuck on Day 1 forever, as the permanent vote leader.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    NionNion Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !sign up

We haven't even started and I'm already confused.

Nion on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »
    From what I gathered by the clarifications, it was stated that the day by day votes stack, meaning that all fifty votes on Kime would remain on that day forever. Thereby guaranteeing that he would be stuck on Day 1 forever, as the permanent vote leader.

Well, it would certainly guarantee that he would be eliminated from the Main Timeline on Day 1, yes. I'm arguing that, based on the example, that someone voted out on Day 1 would continue to progress in the Alternate Timelines, one day behind the Main. I'm sure we'll get clarification about this in the morning.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !Sign up for awesome shenanigans, please!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Finals are over (as of last week), so I shall !sign up as a college graduate.

Which officially makes me a Scientist.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »

lets do it to Kime!

I don't think it works that way. If you get voted out on Day 1, then on Main Timeline Day 2, you will be on Day 1. On Main Timeline Day 3, you will be on Day 2. Basically, if you get eliminated from the Main Timeline on Day X, then when the Main Timeline is on Day Y, you will be on Day Y - X. The timeline mechanic will probability be useful for changing the vote to set up network heads and verified players only to a limited extent, since causality cannot be overturned for special abilities (as far as we know right now). Being killed by a vigilante or the mafia means that you cannot return to the Main Timeline - you are effectively dead, but can still affect the game through the Alternate Timeline voting.

Of course, my understanding could be flawed and what I've stated does not actually hold.

This understanding of events is accurate. That said, as players retain their special abilities when moved back in Time and as there are abilities that can move people through the Timeline at will, your equation to determine a person's day is not guaranteed to be accurate for everyone at all times, but barring such interference it will hold.

Vote stacking implies if you get sent back to Day 1 to cast a new vote it is counted in addition to your previous vote(s) for Day 1, not instead of. From a mechanics (or theme) standpoint the daily votes are unique in how they are treated by the Timeline. There will only be one Day 1 vote victim at a time. If you get sent back to Day 1 you can use you vote to try to change (by switching him with someone else) or sustain his fate, but you will not be voting for an additional new victim.

Varcayn on