As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We Hold No [Chat]er

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    you ever have one of those days where you visit your family for your brothers birthday, get roped into unloading your other brothers car from college, get roped into making a chicken for dinner (why....) and then place it on the wrong part of the counter because apparantly thats where the upstairs toilet drips whenever somebody flushes it?

and somebody just flushed it right after I took the damn thing out....

Man, I'd just leave. I'd just walk the fuck away.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    SQUIRREL!SQUIRREL! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    You could just serve it and see if anybody notices. Did particulate matter from the cieling fall on it? You can call it parmasean cheese.

SQUIRREL! on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    you ever have one of those days where you visit your family for your brothers birthday, get roped into unloading your other brothers car from college, get roped into making a chicken for dinner (why....) and then place it on the wrong part of the counter because apparantly thats where the upstairs toilet drips whenever somebody flushes it?

and somebody just flushed it right after I took the damn thing out....

Man, I'd just leave. I'd just walk the fuck away.

I did, I don't live there any more....

but everytime I visit I get roped into helping out somewhere..... mostly because my other brothers are lazy shits most of the time.

My grandmother does the same thing, every time I visit she'll have some boxes to be put in the attic or something to move.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    @Squirrel. holy shit! D: That has to be pretty terrible!

One time, a dude called the cops on me as I was drilling out his deadbolt. The cops got there, I showed them my paperwork, and the dude was expelled from the property.

I really hate my job.

SQUIRREL! on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    knee not goof today. This might be a problem as I'm meant to be in Uni in a couple of hours. Time for the multiple painkillers, I think.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    knee not goof today. This might be a problem as I'm meant to be in Uni in a couple of hours. Time for the multiple painkillers, I think.

I had to read this sentence many times before I realized that was a typo.

SQUIRREL! on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Squirrel, is the 3d version of Up! really that much better?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I haven't seen the regular version, but I can tell you that it's seamlessly integrated into the film and adds, no pun intended, quite a bit of depth to everything.

SQUIRREL! on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I haven't seen any 3d films in a while, but the commercials (not specifically for up) really turn me off.

"Wooooaah, the fire's coming right at us"

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I haven't seen any 3d films in a while, but the commercials (not specifically for up) really turn me off.

"Wooooaah, the fire's coming right at us"

It's not gimmicky like that. It's mostly used to show the scale, add a sense of danger to the adventure scenes (danger the characters are in, not the audience), and really show off the beauty of the whole thing.

SQUIRREL! on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    woohoo! My abstract for a methodology conference has been accepted.

Now to work out what the hell I'm going to say.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    That does sound neat.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Feel so much better now that I've emptied my bladder.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So, I was going to Google this Antichrist movie with Willem Dafoe, so I typed in "antichrist" and the first fill-in-the-blank google gave me was "antichrist obama." I decided to see where this went.

Bwahahahaha

SQUIRREL! on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The only 3D film I’ve seen was about jungle insects, at some place in Strawberry Square. It was cool.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So, I haven't told my friends yet, but I have made a decision to not make the move. Instead, I'm developing a more sustainable plan that will take advantage of the circumstances I'm currently in. It means tolerating shitty old Alaska for another year, but I believe my life will be all the better for it.

But man, my friends are going to hate me.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Man, there have been so many claims for the Antichrist. You’d think people would stop trying, like they’ve pretty much given up on trying to predict when the end of the world will occur.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So, I haven't told my friends yet, but I have made a decision to not make the move. Instead, I'm developing a more sustainable plan that will take advantage of the circumstances I'm currently in. It means tolerating shitty old Alaska for another year, but I believe my life will be all the better for it.

Given what you were saying yesterday, this seems like the best decision for you. I know for you Alaska sucks, but you are pretty secure job-wise and financially at the moment, and it's probably too much of a risk at the moment to leave that without more extensive planning.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2009
    Well, after 2000 they'd have to wait until 2222 for a number people would react to.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    Man, there have been so many claims for the Antichrist. You’d think people would stop trying, like they’ve pretty much given up on trying to predict when the end of the world will occur.

Man, June 6, 2006 [6/6/(0)6] was an embarassment. Everywhere, people kept on theorizing it was the end of the world for like.. a month beforehand. There was even a top of the fold headline article about it in the local paper. What the christ, people?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Given what you were saying yesterday, this seems like the best decision for you. I know for you Alaska sucks, but you are pretty secure job-wise and financially at the moment, and it's probably too much of a risk at the moment to leave that without more extensive planning.

This is exactly what I was thinking, but damn it feels good to "hear" someone else say it. :)

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2009
    They have the internet in Alaska?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    They have the internet in Alaska?

You see, it's more like a series of tubes...

Thank you Senator Stevens.

SQUIRREL! on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You will both die horribly at my hand.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    1 January, 2013 is gonna have a lot of people deeply disappointed.

stilist on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wow that hugging thread is.. weird.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Just like those billions of potential children.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I'll be so happy once we pass that threshold. I think that's the last one, right?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nothing like waking up to two BNP seats to make you want to go back to bed and pretend it's all a big nightmare.

:sigh:

They got another one? Where?

:(

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Just like those billions of potential children.

:lol:

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I'll be so happy once we pass that threshold. I think that's the last one, right?

Pftt. Doomsday prophecies never die. Look at the Jehova's Witnesses.

SQUIRREL! on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Wow, this was one awful match of Gang Garrison.

My teammates were standing around the spawn area as the enemy players were (successfully) stealing the intel right above them.

Prof, let's share Alaskan Republertarian stories.

I was once talking a to a teacher of mine about a law that was being considered that would require pregnant women to be tested for STDs, and would you guess what this teacher said in response?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Wow, this was one awful match of Gang Garrison.

My teammates were standing around the spawn area as the enemy players were (successfully) stealing the intel right above them.

Prof, let's share Alaskan Republertarian stories.

I was once talking a to a teacher of mine about a law that was being considered that would require pregnant women to be tested for STDs, and would you guess what this teacher said in response?

I have to be honest, STD controversy isn't something I'm very well-versed in. I'm sure it was something heartless pertaining to women sleeping around before marriage, though.

Most Alaskans I know will tell you one of two things:

The really bad ones will tell you that homosexuals are evil satan-spawn. No exaggeration.
    The "nice" ones will tell you that the devil influenced a homosexuals young life in the form of rape or other serious harm and that homosexuality is the manifestion of the subsequent demon posession.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    No, it was just the general "The government shouldn't be controlling people like that, big government etcetera"

Yeah. Where I live, there seems to be at least one church every two square miles.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Sometimes I forget that Alaska's actually a US state. You should start a secessionist movement and then run like the fucking wind.

SQUIRREL! on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    What we should do is pretend to start a secessionist movement, and then lock the door when all of the crazies run out. I saw it in a sitcom, once.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SQUIRREL! wrote: »
    Sometimes I forget that Alaska's actually a US state. You should start a secessionist movement and then run like the fucking wind.

There is a secessionist movement. It sounds something like this:

"Even though just about everything we have is in thanks to federal money, we loathe the federal government for telling us what to do, so we wish to secede, despite the fact that we would all probably suffer a depression that would make would make the current economic crisis look like a goddamn profit boom."

Actually, our Republicans talk a lot like this too.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    But you can't have Government comin' in here and Controlling the People, that ain't right, I mean, and when you get down to it, and such all that we Alaskans know what Independence and Patriotism means, do you think those big city liberals do?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SQUIRREL! wrote: »

There is a secessionist movement. It sounds something like this:

"Even though just about everything we have is in thanks to federal money, we loathe the federal government for telling us what to do, so we wish to secede, despite the fact that we would all probably suffer a depression that would make would make the current economic crisis look like a goddamn profit boom."

Actually, our Republicans talk a lot like this too.

Who knew that Alaska was basically frozen Texas.

I mean, who knew besides Alaskans. Who knew among people that mattered, I guess.

SQUIRREL! on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Of course, this place is also a bountiful Paradise filled with threeping slubdegullions and eternal day, but you wouldn't know it from the populace.

Nerdgasmic on
This discussion has been closed.