As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Futurama - Bender's back, baby!

• Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I love Bender speaking Spanish awfully

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Listen, I like TAS.

But going from Luke fucking Skywalker to a VA for a Batman cartoon over a decade is a massive down step in your career. It'd be like if Pacino went from Michael Corleone to Cheerios commercials.

Well, Pacino is now doing Vittoria coffee commercials...

-Loki- on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Athenor wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    oh god, contradictions from just 3 episodes ago :(

What, the eyephone?

Good lord. This show has continuity, but it isn't BSG or anything. The joke was more important, and I love seeing people throw out their cell phones flippantly.

Also, this might explain why Hermes hasn't been in many of the episodes so far, in a big role.

no, the robot who was recycling himself because of all the problems with this model.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    that aside, great episode.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    D'awwww.

Couscous on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You are referencing Flexo recycling himself? It fits, especially with the end of the ep.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "Those aren't swan boats, those are swans"

"oh. Well that explains these boat eggs"

ronzo on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That was probably my favorite episode for the season so far. If only for the repeating robot gag.

SOMEONE SAID HOWITZER! BLAM BLAM BLAM!

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So wait, Bender's a Cylon? Or he would be, if his backup copy wasn't borked?

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    Commander 598Commander 598 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    fffffff missed the first 4 min.

fffffff missed the first 19 minutes.
    alcohol

Commander 598 on
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, best episode of the season. They've been getting better and better. I think this one was also better because it wasn't all over the place like the previous episodes.

I expect next week to be amazing.

Geod on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I want a baby Bender now.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gyral wrote: »
    That was probably my favorite episode for the season so far. If only for the repeating robot gag.

SOMEONE SAID HOWITZER! BLAM BLAM BLAM!

Straight out of the movies.

And episode 3.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Finally, they are back to perfect form, with the extremely minor exception of Billy West Fry voice sounding a bit too much like Lars

Computer Terminal: "Identity confirmed. Also, you have a rectangular mass in your colon."

Hermes: "That's a calculator. I ate it to gain its power"

-later-

Hermes: "Addition never solved anything!"

also, background gags
    an "Adobe Photo Shoppe", made of adobe

Bender's tequila is called José Servo

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You are referencing Flexo recycling himself? It fits, especially with the end of the ep.

yeah... but mom wouldn't have issued a notice of all the problems. she'd have just killed them all.

edited for properness.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's really refreshing to see that they can still do heartwarming scenes just fine.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, awww the bureaucrat isn't purely bureaucratic. Yay Hermes.

Also: "Enough about your promiscuous mother, Hermes!" remains one of the funniest lines in the show's history.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Actually, if you want a continuity error? Bender claims he's 4 years old in one of the early (3000-3004) episodes. Unless Hermes put on a ton of weight really fast since having a kid, that just seems out of line.

Athenor on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    By the way, on topic: Hannukah Zombie is Mark Hammill, isn't he?

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Actually, if you want a continuity error? Bender claims he's 4 years old in one of the early (3000-3004) episodes. Unless Hermes put on a ton of weight really fast since having a kid, that just seems out of line.

I don't see why that isn't possible. Especially if he just got done being an olympic class limboer. Turning to desk jockey probably removed any exercise from his daily life.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dammit! That got me thinking too much about it... why the fuck was Bender ever a 'baby' robot? Damn you Futurama!

I did like seeing the Beholder bureaucrat in the lobby though. Hehe.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ugh, I hated, HATED the start of this episode, with the Sithal war and all that shit. Very, very unfunny.

But the rest more than made up for it. Barring the start, that was easily the best this season and pretty damn close to a return to form.

Dranyth wrote: »
    Dammit! That got me thinking too much about it... why the fuck was Bender ever a 'baby' robot? Damn you Futurama!

Bender was also a baby robot in Teenage Mutant Leela's Hurdles. But not in Mother's Day. I guess it doesn't really matter.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Joolander wrote: »
    Finally, they are back to perfect form, with the extremely minor exception of Billy West Fry voice sounding a bit too much like Lars

Computer Terminal: "Identity confirmed. Also, you have a rectangular mass in your colon."

Hermes: "That's a calculator. I ate it to gain its power"

This was the best.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »

Well, bender turned into a baby during the Teenage Mutant Leela Hurdles. But yeah, it doesn't make much sense, esp when we see him "born" already big.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anyone else think the Star Wars reference in the beginning was actually meant as an indirect reference to
    Vader building C3-P0 in the prequels, which would be a nod to the viewers acknowledging the scope of this retcon?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited July 2010
    No.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, that is definitely an overreach.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, that is definitely an overreach.

In that case, it's a quite a coincidence that they would reference the prequels and steal a plot point from them in the same episode.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bender was born twice. Hey, it makes more sense than some of the apologetics for the Bible.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Couscous wrote: »
    Bender was born twice. Hey, it makes more sense than some of the apologetics for the Bible.

Earth was created twice in the bible.

...Bender is a metaphor for the creation of earth!

Nappuccino on

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ADDITION NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING

tyrannus on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The explanation for baby bender is that we never see what happens in the machine only Bender exiting it

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Good ep. Though I called it way, way early. Like, file cabinet early. Seeing the computer terminal on the desk later on only confirmed it.

Also, the pile of bears. Awesome.

Houn on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Excellent ending.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This episode was great. Zoidberg and his ink escape was wonderful.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    DasBootDasBoot Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Overall a fine episode. The Mom's Friendly Robot Company QA robot death squad goons gunning each other down did drag after a couple of iterations, but nothing as bad as the Susan boil. My favorite bit was when after getting out of the train tunnel Bender's legs had broken in half and he just threw them away and grabbed another pair out of his torso

DasBoot on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Little Game Blog - http://profundospielen.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DasBoot wrote: »
    Overall a fine episode. The Mom's Friendly Robot Company QA robot death squad goons gunning each other down did drag after a couple of iterations, but nothing as bad as the Susan boil. My favorite bit was when after getting out of the train tunnel Bender's legs had broken in half and he just threw them away and grabbed another pair out of his torso

The howitzer joke was amazing though.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

yeah, it really made the repetition worth it

ronzo on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Every time you see the kill bots in action it makes more and more sense how Zapp Brannigan defeated them

override367 on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ronzo wrote: »

yeah, it really made the repetition worth it
    Even after all the repetition, that one blind sided me. It was good.

Arrath on