As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Miniphalla] These Rolling Green Hills - Game over - Simulation terminated - Zot Wins

• Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have plenty thick skin when I can fairly respond to it. If you wanna say im dumb and don't understand game theory fucking say it to me out in the open.

That's all I ask. :P

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have plenty thick skin when I can fairly respond to it. If you wanna say im dumb and don't understand game theory fucking say it to me out in the open.

I think the next thing you run should be "Phalla Theory: The Mini"

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The game will start in one and a half hours, giving day 1 a full 24 hour run

PM's will be sent out between now and then and there will be no rhyme or reason for it

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    The game will start in one and a half hours, giving day 1 a full 24 hour run

PM's will be sent out between now and then and there will be no rhyme or reason for it
    Shutting up now. Good luck and have fun guys!

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Well, I don't exactly know all the context because I didn't read the proboard after the game ended (and I died early in the actual game), but quite frequently you can't say things out loud.

I mean, the mafia can't ever (in a normal Phalla) go "OK, Orange Soda has to have some inside information because all the suspects he just posted were correct!" That would be silly :lol:. Some things just can't be said publicly, but it doesn't mean the person saying them is trying to insult someone behind their back or whatnot.

That being said, B:L is mean and everyone should kill him as soon as they can :P.

Hurray for game starting!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ok I am now getting PM's begging for me to increase the player limit

If the player base promises to protect me since if I do that I will basically be hijacking the next main slot, which no one else seems to have something for anyway, then I will do it to proper game size.

Thorgot may eat me though

Opinions please

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    kime wrote: »
    I mean, the mafia can't ever (in a normal Phalla) go "OK, Orange Soda has to have some inside information because all the suspects he just posted were correct!" That would be silly :lol:. Some things just can't be said publicly, but it doesn't mean the person saying them is trying to insult someone behind their back or whatnot.

True. I can post really angry sounding stuff I understand. But there is a line.

Take SmugglyMcWeed in the newbie phalla. He crossed a line of how not to post. You can't go around insulting people in such a dickish way. That isn't to say you can't say stuff like:

"Look Zellpher you are either the worst mouthpiece in the HISTORY of phalla or a baddie."

I mean I call people "fucking tools" and "fucking idiots" and "fucking baddies" all the time, but I try not to make a personal attack on someone that goes beyond the scope of these games.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

If the player base promises to protect me since if I do that I will basically be hijacking the next main slot, which no one else seems to have something for anyway, then I will do it to proper game size.

Opinions please

Do it! Do it!

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Even though I could conceivably be added if the player size were to be upped, I honestly think it sets a bad precedent if you're able to skip the Main game line like this just because you're super awesome and everyone wants to play and the people in front don't have their shit together. The people maintaining the list should just keep going further down the line kicking doors down until they find someone who's ready IMO.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Opinions please

I wouldn't risk it without getting the go ahead before hand.

Danger always comes from not doing that.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I personally wouldn't do it. It states pretty bluntly in the Sign up thread that to run a main you must sign up for it. Even though the first few people up may not be ready, someone in the 10s and 20s could be, and by just jumping in line, its not really fair to them. I agree with what Spectrum said, I think it sets a bad precedent and will allow more people to skip the list in the future.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Opinions please

While its tempting to say "Do it for the lulz!1!" I'd rather not see this phalla get shut down before it even begins.

So yeah I'd get the go ahead before hand.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If Thorgot isn't getting back to you, and the next person on the list doesn't care and/or is unresponsive, you should do it. Doooo eeeet!

Edit: If you're worried, you can always ask Thanatos for permission. Not that I advocate disturbing mods frequently, but this once should be okay, and could head off any troubles.

El Skid on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

True. I can post really angry sounding stuff I understand. But there is a line.

Take SmugglyMcWeed in the newbie phalla. He crossed a line of how not to post. You can't go around insulting people in such a dickish way. That isn't to say you can't say stuff like:

"Look Zellpher you are either the worst mouthpiece in the HISTORY of phalla or a baddie."

I mean I call people "fucking tools" and "fucking idiots" and "fucking baddies" all the time, but I try not to make a personal attack on someone that goes beyond the scope of these games.

Words still hurt...:cry::lol:

Zellpher on
  • Options
    Julius CaezureJulius Caezure Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I am not experienced enough to have a legitimate voice in this...but my gut says it would be bad form to hijack the main unless everyone on the current list okays it.

Julius Caezure on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

That being said, B:L is mean and everyone should kill him as soon as they can :P.

Kime you are wrong because you're not smart enough to know advanced particle physics.

Don't contact Thanatos, we can just work it out amongst ourselves. I'd say keep it a mini, but if thorgot gives the ok then change it to a main.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    B:L can't be the prettiest princess until he has learned Advanced Makeup Theory and has a certificate proving it.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    B:L can't be the prettiest princess until he has learned Advanced Makeup Theory and has a certificate proving it.

We industry professionals call it "Advanced Cosmetology", and I believe you'll find my credentials in order.

Studying under the finest prettiest princesses of Moscow:

cosmetology.png

• Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    B:L wrote: »

We industry professionals call it "Advanced Cosmetology", and I believe you'll find my credentials in order.

cosmetology.png

Rejected.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Rejected.

twinkle.giftwinkle.giftwinkle.giftwinkle.giftwinkle.giftwinkle.giftwinkle.giftwinkle.gif

twinkle.gifI'LL SPARKLE YOUR FACE. twinkle.gif

twinkle.giftwinkle.giftwinkle.giftwinkle.giftwinkle.giftwinkle.giftwinkle.giftwinkle.gif

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Thanatos wrote:
    I really couldn't care less about how you guys want to determine who gets to run their games when, as long as there aren't any problems or significant complaints.

Ok lad's, Thorgot has given the :^:, so The game will start a tiny bit later as I prepare things for those people who are now going to be playing.

Assemble a team to love Thorgot immediately

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Rejected.

twinkle.gifI'LL SPARKLE YOUR FACE. twinkle.gif

1217594701909.jpg

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I was already in, but I'll go ahead and assert that everyone in this game loves thorgot.

Delmain on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

So happy

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Delmain wrote: »
    I was already in, but I'll go ahead and assert that everyone in this game loves thorgot.
    :^::^::^::^::^:

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think that all good specials in the game should be named thorgot or some variation of!

Thorgoguard
    Thorvig
    Seergot

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

cosmetology.png

That's not Russian, B:L. I think you're lying about your makeup credentials. :(

Kay2 on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hurrah for 40 person minis!

Burnage on
  • Options
    GnershGnersh Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    All posts must be made in Klingon. Inactivity is tasty.

Gnersh on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    !This Phalla is based on the song Acoustic Kitty by John Mann

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    That's not Russian, B:L. I think you're lying about your makeup credentials. :(

It's Russian in Czech.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    B:L, I demand that you use your amazing skills to further the Phalla beauty contests!
    B:L is the official stylist of the prettiest princess competition!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Rainfall wrote: »
    B:L, I demand that you use your amazing skills to further the Phalla beauty contests!
    B:L is the official stylist of the prettiest princess competition!

Yes B:L must make us all pretty princesses.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I said I thought 40 is too high, but times change. Terminate worship immediately!

Also that PM was from a while ago, which is why I suggested Gumpy PM Thanatos.

When I asked him "do you care how big miniphallas are?" in an IM in January he didn't respond, and I never followed up.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Rainfall?

RAINFALL IS EVIL.

Burnage on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    All Prettiest Princess contests will be decided by way of wet t-shirt comparisons

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    All Sluttiest Princess contests will be decided by way of wet t-shirt comparisons

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Boobies.

Fixed it for you guys!

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    All Prettiest Princess contests will be decided by way of wet t-shirt comparisons

I'm down with this.

This concludes the chauvinistic bastard section of my post.

So when does this officially start?

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    All Sluttiest Princess contests will be decided by way of wet t-shirt comparisons

Is there a difference?

The_Reflection on