As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoX] In Bizarro World, Defenders Get Buffs

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    /chan_join channel

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    RMH03RMH03 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Underscore! there we go thanks

Edit: or not:(
    What am I doing wrong now, for gods sake
    /chan_join "penny arcade"

RMH03 on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    /chan_join Penny Arcade (capitol letters?)

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    OK this is starting to take the Piss.
    I've searched for the channel and found it, but when i click join channel in the search box nothing seems to happen. I've righ clicked chat and it's still not listed, WTF.

RMH03 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    What is your character name or global alias?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    char name is boneslash

RMH03 on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Are you using a trial or is it a paid account? Maybe trials are not allowed to join channels.

Renzo on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    no full paid acount, I don't seem to be able to reply to you either, i'm going to try logging out and back in.

OK that seems to have done the trick, kind of wish I'd try'd that an hour ago now

RMH03 on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Glad you got sorted out at least now haha.

I got my tanker up to 21 now, I'll be checking out Champions beta tonight but after it shuts down I'll probably hop onto CoH again.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ok so there's a fix up on test for the bugged Mastermind power in the Reichsman SF, so would anyone care to try this thing one more time once it hits live, just to see if this makes it any more fun at all?

Aso they finally fixed the bomb issue in MA:
    Removed powers from Destructible Object mission objectives that harmed or affected players in some way. These objects should simply explode upon reaching 0 health and have no secondary effects like buffing or debuffing players or causing damage to either enemies or players.

Narbus on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2009
    I guess I could run it again

I guess

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    RMH03 wrote: »
    no full paid acount, I don't seem to be able to reply to you either, i'm going to try logging out and back in.

OK that seems to have done the trick, kind of wish I'd try'd that an hour ago now

Just an fyi, sometimes you will see the whole global channel system just go down and not be able to type in the channel or anything. It happens here and there. Also sometimes when it goes down it will remove your Penny Arcade channel from your chat tab so you have to re-add it to the left side. If it seems like you are not being listened to that might be why.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So I got invited to an architect mission last night. The guy just wanted extra people along in order to bump up the number of minions spawned or something. He and one other guy who both had summoned imps just mowed through them all while the rest of us stayed at the entrance.

Not too comfortable having done that, but it only took me from 5 to 10; which I have done a zillion times already and don't miss doing yet again.

Also, getting the architect edition for the free content pack is a good deal. Compared to buying the content pack by itself and subbing for another month you save five bucks.
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Just an fyi, sometimes you will see the whole global channel system just go down and not be able to type in the channel or anything. It happens here and there. Also sometimes when it goes down it will remove your Penny Arcade channel from your chat tab so you have to re-add it to the left side. If it seems like you are not being listened to that might be why.

Good to know, but that isn't what was causing the problem this time. Don't know what it was, but the chat system was still up.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've been flirting with cleaning house and really coming back to CoX. It would be nice to actually hit 50 with a character. I think I have a 33 somewhere on Champion. I'd be in no hurry...but I dunno. What do PA's do for fun on Virtue?

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    We drink, mostly. And some cow tippin'.

Renzo on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I've been flirting with cleaning house and really coming back to CoX. It would be nice to actually hit 50 with a character. I think I have a 33 somewhere on Champion. I'd be in no hurry...but I dunno. What do PA's do for fun on Virtue?

Make out parties, jokes about my Mom, sitting around on 50s running or jumping in circles with our travel powers and occasionally teaming.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    FYI, underscores in commands do nothing. /chanjoin and /c_h_a_n_j_o_i_n are the same thing.

Scooter on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2009
    Narbus wrote: »
    Ok so there's a fix up on test for the bugged Mastermind power in the Reichsman SF, so would anyone care to try this thing one more time once it hits live, just to see if this makes it any more fun at all?

Aso they finally fixed the bomb issue in MA:
    Removed powers from Destructible Object mission objectives that harmed or affected players in some way. These objects should simply explode upon reaching 0 health and have no secondary effects like buffing or debuffing players or causing damage to either enemies or players.

I'll try it again. I think most of us have a MM if anyone wants to bring theirs.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Energy/energy sweet knock-back goodness.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The best analogy I can think of is playing in a soccer game and repeatedly and deliberately kicking the ball out of play. Every time they reset, you get the ball and kick it back out of play. You're not helping your team because what you're doing is pointless, you're not hurting your opponents because what you're doing costs them nothing in regards to the larger game being played. All you're doing is making it harder for everyone to have fun. Now imagine you're playing this game of soccer with someone and you are unable to simply kick them off the team.
    Suddenly the death threats don't sound like they're that much of an over-reaction, hunh?
    Energy/energy sweet knock-back goodness.
    Only if you're the one doing the knocking back...

Actually, I'm fine with knockback. Properly applied, it's great. But, I can understand, especially in the old days, why a rooted stone/stone tanker would get so damn pissed.

GungHo on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Most of Energy/Energy is single target though, so unless you are spec'ing for the knock-back it isn't that much of an issue. Plus it is the best way to get hostiles out of your face as a Blaster.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I totally forgot about my energy/energy I had played way back.

I wonder what server that one is on. D:

Also, I should be around tonight hero side, let's team. Anyone?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I am game, but I need food first.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hey hey hey, if I make a lowbie in Virtue what are the chance I get to play with you guys? My SG on Champion does nothing but farm and do SFs now and I have the urge to grind a guy.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Trus wrote: »
    hey hey hey, if I make a lowbie in Virtue what are the chance I get to play with you guys? My SG on Champion does nothing but farm and do SFs now and I have the urge to grind a guy.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Finally get some mission time in and my computer wants to chug through the whole thing. I actually rubber-banded three times on the first mission.

Sorry GG.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2009
    I have the urge to grind a guy.

Is that so

Tube on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Is that so

http://instantrimshot.com/

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Is that so

http://instantrimjob.com/

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    so uh

this is pissy I know

but, I already got my city of heroes to launch with the villain skin

is there any way to obtain the city of villains program icon without having a copy of plain ol' villains

I know it makes no difference, but I want my game to clearly show my allegiance with evil

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Right click properties change icon. I see four icons to choose from, one of which is city of villians.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    am i to understand that this means that you are playing this again, shoe?

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Fallout wrote: »
    am i to understand that this means that you are playing this again, shoe?

well I got a copy of the good vs. evil pack for 2 dollars so yeah for a month at least

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Right click properties change icon. I see four icons to choose from, one of which is city of villians.

thank you sir

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    sweet

tell me when you play and i will get you some levels if you want

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If you guy's see Ghost ingame tell him he needs to check his private messages on the boards.

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I need to kill 15 rikti for the plasma weapon part regarding the aura mission. Then I have to fight the earth things or whatever.

I got all the freakshow I needed so far.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I need to kill 15 rikti for the plasma weapon part regarding the aura mission. Then I have to fight the earth things or whatever.

I got all the freakshow I needed so far.

Just go to Crey's Folly. Kill 15 monkies then 15 swarms, done.

Scooter on
This discussion has been closed.