As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fuck Gobots and Transmorphers, this thread is about Transformers [NSF56k]

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    man I have these free movie tickets I got from gamestop but there's nothing I want to see

do I really have the balls to go see transformers again

the giant clanking balls?

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I found it drags a loooooooooooooooooooooooot more the second time through. (That's what she said)

The running in the desert to Optimus scene takes forever cuz you know when it ends and what's coming but it still won't end ever.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    why the fuck is an evangelion movie hitting theaters on the 17th?

Weaver on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Uh. What?

august on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    holy crap
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/evangelion10/
    how did I not know about this

Antimatter on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Also I am hella psyched for Daybreakers

Look at this cast: Ethan Hawke, Willem Dafoe, Claudia Karvan, Michael Dorman, Vince Colosimo, Isabel Lucas, Sam Neill

Weaver on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh, that's just Rebuild of Evengelion part 1. I didn't know it was going to be released in theaters over here though.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    More Human Alliance Bumblebeeness.
    HABumblebee2sm.jpg

Click picture for higher res.

Schide on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    this movie is really a lot of fun and I am not surprised it is making a lot of money

like the forest scene and GIVE ME YOUR FACE are worth the price of admission alone

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Schide wrote: »
    Oh, that's just Rebuild of Evengelion part 1. I didn't know it was going to be released in theaters over here though.

For the past few years, the bigger anime films (non-Ghibli, mind you) tend to get really limited theatrical releases when they hit domestic DVD here.

Honestly, most anime films are only in like three cities, tops. The really big names like Ghost in the Shell: Innocence, or Jin-Roh, or maybe Evangelion 1.0, get wider limited releases, and arthouses nation-wide can pick them up (though good luck to get a place close to you). Disney tends to get Ghibli films in much wider release, but still not as wide as a "normal" film.

EDIT: List of theatrical showings. Pretty fucking limited engagements.

NOW BACK TO TALKING ABOUT TRANSFORMERS YOU INGRATES.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I kind of hope that Evangelion movie plays near me

I'd see it because I am a gigantic weeaboo loser

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    holy crap
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/evangelion10/
    how did I not know about this
    You son of a bitch

YOU SON OF A BITCH

YOU'D BEST GO SEE THAT MOVIE

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    goddammit Anno

you make Evangelion a million times but do you once get Gainax to look at FLCL and do more of that?

YaYa on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fuck me there's a showing in Houston

I live in Texas

But like more than a three hour drive from Houston

I can't really spare the time to drive three hours for anime

Even if it's Eva

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    is Spike Spencer still voicing Shinji

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Harrier wrote: »
    Fuck me there's a showing in Houston

I live in Texas

But like more than a three hour drive from Houston

I can't really spare the time to drive three hours for anime

Especially since it's Eva

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well hey Evangelion has giant robots...sort of...so it's no big deal to talk about it in here, I'd suspect. Er, except for the whole being an anime thing, as I hear that sort of thing is frowned on in general.

If you're a fan of NGE Rebuild is worth seeing but otherwise...it's more of the same, really, with some differences thrown in. Well, so far at any rate.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    YaYa wrote: »

YES.

HE IS STILL TERRIBLE.

LIKE THE REST OF THE SHOW'S DUB.

WAIT FOR THE DVD RELEASE, WATCH IT SUBBED.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    yeah, the one thing about that trailer I really noticed is that the voices sounded pretty bad

Misato especially

it's no Disney Miyazaki dub, that's for sure

speaking of which, I can't wait to see Ponyo

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I always liked Misato's english VA

and Asuka's

the rest were bad

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Now listen up, all of you.

It's cool that you're all talking about anime. I like anime too. I think it's pretty cool.

But I know the dark roads that anime discussion in SE++ invariably leads to.

And I will not have that sort of thing going on in my Transformers thread!

3movief045.jpg

That is what I think of your discussion of Evangelion in my Transformers thread!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well hey now that you've brought up Devastator and all,

Constructicons.jpg

Makes you wonder what they could build.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »

YES.

HE IS STILL TERRIBLE.

LIKE THE REST OF THE SHOW'S DUB.

WAIT FOR THE DVD RELEASE, WATCH IT SUBBED.

prissy

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    hey schide, going to get the G1 repaint of ROTF Mixmaster?

Antimatter on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    So, yesterday I bought the first TBP and the rest of the issues of All Hail Megatron

holy shit this is fantastic what the hell

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Now listen up, all of you.

It's cool that you're all talking about anime. I like anime too. I think it's pretty cool.

But I know the dark roads that anime discussion in SE++ invariably leads to.

And I will not have that sort of thing going on in my Transformers thread!

3movief045.jpg

That is what I think of your discussion of Evangelion in my Transformers thread!

kaneklapqo6.gif

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited July 2009
    hey schide, going to get the G1 repaint of ROTF Mixmaster?

Maybe if I eventually find it on clearance or something, but I wasn't really looking into getting many repaints for RotF toys. Besides, I have those Constructicons all normally displayed as Devastators, so Mixmaster wouldn't really fit in by himself.

RotF Legends Devastator would probably go with them though. I wonder if they'd do a green repaint of that...

Schide on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Blank
    Hey Blank
    AHM Errors wrote:
    All Hail Megatron (as published to date) has some odd discontinuities with the preceding storylines. These may or may not be resolved by the contemporaneous Maximum Dinobots series, various Spotlights or issues 13–16, which are an extension of the original 12-issue plan for the series; in the meantime, the following changes stand out as incongruous:

Unexplained redesigns
    • The three Seekers have traded in their top-of-the-line F-22 jet modes for the much older and technically inferior F-15 jet modes. Shane McCarthy had promised that an explanation for this would be provided at some point, but to date, this hasn't happened. While it's possible they chose to emulate the older and more common F-15...
    • ...Astrotrain has also traded in his previous Earth-based alternate mode. Instead of transforming to a very common American diesel freight locomotive as seen in Devastation, he now turns into a steam locomotive, the last of which were retired from common use circa 1965.
    • Ratbat is also in on the backdating action, trading in his contemporary MP3 player alternate form for a cassette tape—a recording media which has virtually disappeared from the public eye.
    • Hot Rod has traded his Dodge Viper mode for his G1 cartoon mode. This is explained at the end of Maximum Dinobots, when he got smashed by Scorponok. It's likely he got repaired and a new altmode was scanned for him.
    • Various other Earth-based Autobots are in new bodies as well, such as Prowl, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, who are in forms based on their Universe toys. Sunstreaker's new body was at least explained by the end of Maximum Dinobots, but no in-story explanation has yet come for Prowl or Sideswipe. Oddly enough, Ironhide, Ratchet and Bumblebee retain their E. J. Su-designed bodies instead of their Universe toy designs.
    Ignored technology
    • The series does not yet mention the previous plot point of Ore-13/Ultra-Energon. Though it is the original reason for the Decepticons' unusually strong interest in Earth, and subsequently Megatron's only reason for staying on Earth after putting down Starscream's rebellion, it has yet to get any kind of closure.
    • At the end of Revelation, the Autobots controlled both the all-knowing Magnificence and the powerful Pretender technology. Neither seems to be accounted for.

Unexplained continuity glitches
    • The Decepticons have seemingly abandoned their usual carefully planned infiltration protocol where they attempted to manipulate humanity into wiping themselves out. This is in accordance with Escalation and Devastation where it is repeatedly said to have been thrown out of the window. Unlike before however, the Decepticons don't seem bothered that Megatron's thrown out their strategy this time.
    • Previous robot encounters such as the publicly broadcast Transformers battle and Grimlock stomping through the countryside are briefly hand-waved away as the work of the now-defunct Machination. Yet Air Force representatives also state that they thought the giant robots were a hoax, which makes little sense considering that a news station filmed them and the Air Force has seen them fighting the Reapers. Worse, the people of New York react to the Constructicons by thinking they're part of a movie being filmed, rather than going "Oh no, the Machination is back!"...
    • In Stormbringer, Jetfire said Cybertron was healing itself, but that it would take hundreds of years. Apparently what he meant was one year, since the Autobots (and a swarm of Insectithings) have been hanging out on Cybertron without special shielding, and haven't died yet. Much later in issue 7, the explanation given was that the storms coincidentally died down just as the Autobots arrived on Cybertron, and that living on the planet now merely causes them pain, but evidently not enough pain for them to complain about or even mention in the six previous issues. Okay then.
    • The Great War is apparently about the Matrix of Leadership though it had no bearing on Megatron's rise to power in Megatron Origin, and nobody ever mentioned it as a motivation (or barely at all) until #6 of All Hail.
    • Energon was once considered a rarity, believed to exist only on Cybertron, with Ore-13/Ultra Energon being the closest thing found, and Cybertronians instead had to resort to artificial derivatives or "foul local brews", yet now Kup is able to quickly acquire a ship full of the stuff.
    • Bombshell was created a year ago, though featured as a plot point in Spotlight: Blaster's flashback sequences. Kickback also had a minor cameo in Megatron Origin. (Much like Blaster and Bluster, this must be... Sitback! Evidently his cousin.)
    • Soundwave's speech patterns have returned to the cartoon-inspired pattern from Megatron Origin, after a stint of fluent internal monologue in his Spotlight, as well as in Maximum Dinobots.
    • During Furman's run, Starscream, the Seekers and the Triple Changers were little more than an Infiltration unit, with plenty of guys much higher-up in the command structure (Banzaitron being the head of the Secret Police and everything, for one), but now it seems Megatron has little command structure beyond the aforementionned Seekers and Triple Changers, along with a few other characters from seasons one and two of the original cartoon.
    • Verity Carlo and Jimmy Pink are nowhere to be seen.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    sooooooo
    New ROTF Arcee with feet
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/mystery-arcee-images-168059/

Remember Mammoth Nemesis Prime from the Universe toyline? He's apparently been redeemed and has been given the Black Convoy body. That's pretty neat.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/alternators-10/alternity-convoy-super-black-bio-168068/

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That's probably the FAB Arcee. It looks...not really much better than the deluxe Arcee. Arcee from the first movie toys was better than any of them anyway. She has a beret.

I have that Universe Nemesis Prime redeco from Big Convoy. I transformed him back to mammoth mode yesterday in fact. One of the most annoying transformations out there, and I can never get him to fit quite right. I want an Alternity Prime something though, why do they have to be so expensive. :(

Schide on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hey speaking of Devastator.

He sure is a chatty cathy

Seriously that shit is why almost all of my TF's get the batteries taken out.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That's frenzy_rumble, the customizer if you didn't know. He's sure to make some amazing RotF Devastator custom that puts that thing to shame, eventually.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    swoop is awesome, guys

he's easy to transform and badass looking

that's a bitchin' combo

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh i know, I remember his devastator and seeing it go for the ridiculous price it did.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'd have no problem forking over $100 for a massive Devastator combiner ...

But not that one. Shitty paint job, horrible scale (I completely understand the toys not being in scale, even within their own class. But when it's a combiner set, and Mixmaster completely fucking dwarfs Long Haul? That shit's ridiculous. I don't even care about the fact that there's no individual robot modes. The lack of scale and effort just ruin it for me.

But whatever custom that comes out of that will sure as hell look better in combined mode. Wonder if he's just do a more accurate paint job, or give it a roughed-up 'battle damaged' look as well. Also, High Tower needs cables of some kind.

I'm still gonna pick up Legends Devastator though.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    aren't legends the itty bitty ones?

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2009

yeah
    legends devastator is still taller than leader megs

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

yeah

that's hilarious

does that mean it's going to cost as much as a leader then?

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2009

yeah

that's hilarious

well, legends are four or five bucks
    there's seven of them in the set
    ergo, one would assume it costs thirty-five at most, not counting tax

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

yeah

that's hilarious

well, legends are four or five bucks
    there's seven of them in the set
    ergo, one would assume it costs thirty-five at most, not counting tax

bitchin

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
This discussion has been closed.