As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Solicits for March

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Hensler wrote:
    Normally, I'm against retcons and restoring the status quo - but in this case, I'll accept an evil Tony Stark if it somehow gets rid of the shitty care turns he took and the Extremis stuff as well.

And the 2007 goal for Spiderbooks is to get Peter back to a lighter state, supposedly writing out Mary Jane, Aunt May and all the crap that takes away from the core of the character. Kind of like what we needed Ultimate for 5 years ago (or has it been longer?). The black suit will probably just be a catalyst towards these goals.
    Lighter meaning less weighed down by supporting characters or lighter meaning more light-hearted?

"My marriage is over, yipee!"

Honestly, I don't see why he can't be fun and married. Elongated Man and Sue were proof that that works. Besides, if people want an unmarried Spider-Man they can just read Ultimate.

I love Ralph & Sue. What're they doin' these days? Still globetrottin', solvin' mysteries, and being happy and married I bet.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Furu wrote:
    The solicits for Back in Black worry me. I rather not see pre-Clone Saga 90's "There is only the Spider"-Man come back.

Also, two Iron Men? The plot thickens.

I always figured that the way they would explain Iron Man's doucheness is that it isn't really Stark, but some villain with some sort of control over Stark. perhaps controlled by someone behind the scenes.
    Well, they've brought back Onslaught, maybe they decided it was time to redo "The Crossing" too.

Look I said it many times before when we first heard who was leading the pro reg side of Civil War, and I will say it again.

The current Iron man is in fact Marvel Team up's Iron Mania, Wiki it if you want to know more.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    "I love Ralph & Sue. What're they doin' these days? Still globetrottin', solvin' mysteries, and being happy and married I bet."

That the best post anyone* on this forum has ever made.

Anyone not named Hensler.

Hensler on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Furu wrote:
    The solicits for Back in Black worry me. I rather not see pre-Clone Saga 90's "There is only the Spider"-Man come back.

Also, two Iron Men? The plot thickens.

I always figured that the way they would explain Iron Man's doucheness is that it isn't really Stark, but some villain with some sort of control over Stark. PErhaps controlled by someone behind the scenes.
    I always thought it would be a good way to re-introduce Loki into the 616 Marvel U. He uses deceit to get the heroes to fight each other and weaken their forces substantially. Plus, he gets his own Thor clone.

When does Thor relaunch, anyway?

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    that is actually something i like about ultimates, that loki is just a goddamn tricky motherfucker

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dex Dynamo wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    Hensler wrote:
    Normally, I'm against retcons and restoring the status quo - but in this case, I'll accept an evil Tony Stark if it somehow gets rid of the shitty care turns he took and the Extremis stuff as well.

And the 2007 goal for Spiderbooks is to get Peter back to a lighter state, supposedly writing out Mary Jane, Aunt May and all the crap that takes away from the core of the character. Kind of like what we needed Ultimate for 5 years ago (or has it been longer?). The black suit will probably just be a catalyst towards these goals.
    Lighter meaning less weighed down by supporting characters or lighter meaning more light-hearted?

"My marriage is over, yipee!"

Honestly, I don't see why he can't be fun and married. Elongated Man and Sue were proof that that works. Besides, if people want an unmarried Spider-Man they can just read Ultimate.

I love Ralph & Sue. What're they doin' these days? Still globetrottin', solvin' mysteries, and being happy and married I bet.

:|

:cry:

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CowbombCowbomb Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    I don't know, Millar's Sonic the Hedgehog wasn't horrible.

Fucking yes. :^:

Cowbomb on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Servo wrote:
    that is actually something i like about ultimates, that loki is just a goddamn tricky motherfucker

Well, he won't be once Thor splats him.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Spotted via a GameFAQs posting, here's the FF#544 solicit if you haven't already seen it yet. If you wanna see the spoilerish cover that goes with it, click on the forthcoming link.

[spoiler:3d75b6e8c1]FANTASTIC FOUR #544
    by Dwayne McDuffie & Paul Pelletier

Cover by Michael Turner! In the aftermath of “Civil War” comes “Reconstruction,” the beginning of a stunning new era of fantastic adventure! With Reed and Sue taking a leave to work out their marital problems, it’s up to Ben and Johnny — and two new auxiliary team members — to carry on the fight!

32pgs, FC..........$2.99[/spoiler:3d75b6e8c1]

http://previews.diamondcomics.com/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=23&s=213&ai=35682

Owenashi on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Can't quite make out the cover.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    saint2e wrote:

[spoiler:19f09cf7b8]Johnny, Ben, Storm, and Black Panther[/spoiler:19f09cf7b8]

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Blackjack wrote:
    saint2e wrote:

[spoiler:c1e5f13dd0]Johnny, Ben, Storm, and Black Panther[/spoiler:c1e5f13dd0]
    :x

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Blackjack wrote:
    saint2e wrote:

[spoiler:a5ac236715]Johnny, Ben, Storm, and Black Panther[/spoiler:a5ac236715]

1 word: Eugh.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    saint2e wrote:
    Blackjack wrote:
    saint2e wrote:

[spoiler:dedc01e1a4]Johnny, Ben, Storm, and Black Panther[/spoiler:dedc01e1a4]

1 word: Eugh.

Pretty much, yeah.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited December 2006
    b...but dwayne mcduffie!

i'm excited and confident

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    They're being billed as auxiliary members, so I would guess they'll be swapped in and out as demand dictates.

But, yeah. Eugh. Even with McDuffie writing I can't see how these two would slot into the FF. It just seems utterly random.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    what other married couple would they use?

northstar and puck?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Servo wrote:

northstar and puck?

There was a rumor going around of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.

While that would have been really, really cool (I love Jess and Luke), it wouldn't really make any sense, since Jessica is so anti her-in-costume.

Plus the whole "ran away with daughter to Canada" thing.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    [spoiler:e6b6e8b484]I've never liked the FF and frankly I've always found the 616 Reed and Sue to be quite boring, particularly Reed. [/spoiler:e6b6e8b484]

Welcome change for me.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Aw, fuck, now I have to add FF to my pull list. Thanks a lot, Marvel. :x

:(

:|

:roll:

:D

I'm such a Marvel whore. My poor, poor wallet. :oops:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    [spoiler:17db6dae41]I've never liked the FF and frankly I've always found the 616 Reed and Sue to be quite boring, particularly Reed. [/spoiler:17db6dae41]

Welcome change for me.

Im not the only one? Awesome.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    Servo wrote:

northstar and puck?

Why does it have to be a married couple? Is it in their charter to always have one in the team?

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Wolverine and... oh wait, all his girlfriends die.... :(

Malkor on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    If anyone wants to see a larger image of the new FF, newarama has it here.

werehippy on
  • Options
    SnoogySnoogy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm confused. Didn't we already know that Blackpanther and Storm were joining the FF, or was that just someone's wild conjecture?

Snoogy on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    For fuck's sake.

HEY THAT NEW FF WRITER IS BLACK WE BETTER SHOEHORN SOME BLACK PEOPLE INTO THIS BOOK

Furu on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Furu wrote:
    For fuck's sake.

HEY THAT NEW FF WRITER IS BLACK WE BETTER SHOEHORN SOME BLACK PEOPLE INTO THIS BOOK

Man, why is it always about race with you people? :x

I kid, I kid. :P

[spoiler:025a8b2c11]...for the most part. :|[/spoiler:025a8b2c11]

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    If by "you people" you mean Marvel then yeah, I'm with you. D:

Furu on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Black folk write like this, white folk write like this.

Malkor on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I woulda loved Ms.Marvel and Cyclops/Medusa.

It'd be fun to have 2 members with absolutely NO connections to each other let alone to Ben and Johnny.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The current Iron man is in fact Marvel Team up's Iron Mania, Wiki it if you want to know more.

I can't find anything about this on wiki or google.

august on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Furu wrote:

Uh, yeah, that's what I meant. [spoiler:3d80bc6070]No it's not.[/spoiler:3d80bc6070]

Look at it this way: BP and Storm are going to be written by a writer you approve of. Isn't that good news?

YES. I need more Ms. Marvel in my life. Too bad she has to be in Mighty Avengers.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    august wrote:
    The current Iron man is in fact Marvel Team up's Iron Maniac, Wiki it if you want to know more.

That's because it was misspelled. The short version is [spoiler:ddef8c1bef]Iron Maniac is Iron Man from a universe where Avengers' Disassembled never happened. The Avengers stayed together and were killed, along with most other heroes by some random new bad guy in space. The FF are left alive, as is Iron Man and as they try and pick up the slack, Reed gets increasingly power hungry until he takes over the world. Iron Man goes moderately crazy, kills Johnny (while getting heavily scarred), and is sent to our reality by Reed.[/spoiler:ddef8c1bef]

As to whether or not Iron Man is actually Iron Maniac
    [spoiler:ddef8c1bef]I didn't read the last issue of Marvel Team Up, but I was under the impression that Iron Maniac is killed after killing Freedom Ring, or whatever that gay hero's name was. Beyond that, he'd need some serious re-constructive surgery to pass for 616 Tony.

Also, and the final strike against it, Marvel can burn in hell if the big secret behind their "relevant mainstream event" is an evil twin/doppelganger.[/spoiler:ddef8c1bef]

werehippy on
  • Options
    SnoogySnoogy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Isn't the whole idea behind CW that all of the responcibility for it rests with the heroes? I mean isn't that the damned stated point of all this? If they cop out now because they couldn't write Tony's position as relateable I will muttermutterkillmutterblood

Snoogy on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    werehippy wrote:
    august wrote:
    The current Iron man is in fact Marvel Team up's Iron Maniac, Wiki it if you want to know more.

That's because it was misspelled. The short version is [spoiler:a255fe2476]Iron Maniac is Iron Man from a universe where Avengers' Disassembled never happened. The Avengers stayed together and were killed, along with most other heroes by some random new bad guy in space. The FF are left alive, as is Iron Man and as they try and pick up the slack, Reed gets increasingly power hungry until he takes over the world. Iron Man goes moderately crazy, kills Johnny (while getting heavily scarred), and is sent to our reality by Reed.[/spoiler:a255fe2476]

As to whether or not Iron Man is actually Iron Maniac
    [spoiler:a255fe2476]I didn't read the last issue of Marvel Team Up, but I was under the impression that Iron Maniac is killed after killing Freedom Ring, or whatever that gay hero's name was. Beyond that, he'd need some serious re-constructive surgery to pass for 616 Tony.

Also, and the final strike against it, Marvel can burn in hell if the big secret behind their "relevant mainstream event" is an evil twin/doppelganger.[/spoiler:a255fe2476]

It'd be awesome if that was revealed as what happened, and Caps response was "That is the most contrived, ill-planned and hastily slapped together piece of crap explanation I have EVER heard. And I'm from the 40s."

And then Tony punches Iron Maniac, and it's Doop. And Tony just looks around all sheepish because it really was him, and he looks like even more of a dick.
    wwtMask wrote:
    Furu wrote:

Uh, yeah, that's what I meant. [spoiler:a255fe2476]No it's not.[/spoiler:a255fe2476]

Look at it this way: BP and Storm are going to be written by a writer you approve of. Isn't that good news?

YES. I need more Ms. Marvel in my life. Too bad she has to be in Mighty Avengers.

D: Iron Man's "Superdicks".

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    wwtMask wrote:

D: Iron Man's "Superdicks".

Yeah, though most of them aren't really being assholes. I doubt they'll even be bothered with chasing down unregistered supers. However, the fact that I either dislike or don't know much about more than half of the lineup overrides my current infatuation with Carol Danvers.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Guys

it is pretty obvious Tony Stark is not the Iron Man in Mighty Avengers

Furu on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    [spoiler:7aa3df5074]Director Hill.[/spoiler:7aa3df5074]

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    [spoiler:45393e500e]Ted Kord.[/spoiler:45393e500e]

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dex Dynamo wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    [spoiler:37c9d7bf7f]Ted Kord.[/spoiler:37c9d7bf7f]

Hey. HEY. You cut that out this instant.

[spoiler:37c9d7bf7f]We all know that Hawkeye is in there.[/spoiler:37c9d7bf7f]

wwtMask on