Options

[PHALLA] Okami - Game over, Orochi victory!

• Options
    KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Stupid forums. I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to get this darn page to load....

Looks like people are voting for Erich Zahn. I'll go with that.

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Aaaannnd now I'm caught up and leaving my vote the way it is.

I'll also throw myself out there since no one else ever will.

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Vote closed about 10 minutes ago; waiting on Harry Potter for narration.

Darian on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You all fell into my trap, by the way.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Erich Zahn wrote: »

which was? vote for you?

man, you got us good... nice one. :?

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    psolms wrote: »
    Erich Zahn wrote: »

which was? vote for you?

man, you got us good... nice one. :?

UAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You know what would be the worst thing?

If Samurai and Erich Zahn merged into one.

Just oh gosh!

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Faynor wrote: »

Just oh gosh!

dont speak that possibility. you might accidentally will it into existence.

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    psolms wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »

Just oh gosh!

dont speak that possibility. you might accidentally will it into existence.

Too late, we've already compared notes.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    ShiranuiShiranui Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sakuya lay dying. There was nothing that could be done; her vitality had been tied to the Guardian Sapling, and without it, she was unable to maintain a physical presence in the world. The villagers gathered around her as she rested atop the hill, where the majestic tree formerly grew.

"I have been thinking," she murmured softly. The villagers fell completely silent. Even the trees seemed to hold their breath, as the wind stopped rustling through their branches.

"Long ago, Shiranui and Nagi defeated Orochi. All eight of his heads did they strike down. And yet he arose again, all eight heads again living. How could this have happened?

"I have studied the beast these past days, watched as it fought the very gods that keep this place safe. And though its heads numbered eight, I sensed another power within it, one tied to all of the heads, yet dependent on none.

"I believe this to be his very essence, his anger personified. This, as well as his heads, must be destroyed if we are ever to be eternally free of his curse.

"I regret that I am unable to stay with you," she whispered, her voice becoming ever fainter. "I must... rest..."

She dissolved into a hundred particles of light that drifted upward slowly, like a brilliant swirl of fireflies. Then she was no more.

The villagers were heartened to learn that the gods had felled another of Orochi's heads, but again they had suffered for it. Seven remained among the gods and those who fought alongside them, while there were four yet to be defeated to slay Orochi. Dark days, indeed.

The dead:

Erich Zahn - Sakigami's Apprentice
    garroad_ran - Lesser Spirit
    Gorilla Salad - Eighth Head of Orochi
    Gumpy - Sakuya
    oaklore - Itegami, the God of Blizzard

Shiranui on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ooooOOOOoooo

Good shot, whoever killed me! And none of you would have been any the wiser except for them!

/ooooOOOooo

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    OOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOO

Well, huh. Now I feel kinda bad for trying to kill Gumpy all those times.

oooOOOoooOOOooooooooooo

Jaenther on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The remaining players:

Arkas
    Darian
    Dunadan019
    dunedainjedi
    Faynor
    Keika
    naporeon
    psolms
    warban
    Zandracon
    Zellpher

Shiranui on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That's, what, two heads left? And 11 of us? I think that means we still have a chance.

Are all the gods pretty much dead? Seriously, soooo many teals have been sent to their doooom.

Edit: I'm an idiot. That was even bolded. A super idiot.
    Seven remained among the gods and those who fought alongside them, while there were four yet to be defeated to slay Orochi.

So our aim has to be pretty good. We're also looking at a big bad beyond the eight heads. Eep.

Faynor on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So basically its a 9 headed snake boss not 8.....

Does the network have a list of people still not confirmed at this point or are we going to end up bandwagoning with day 1 accuracy?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    ArkasArkas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    If there is a guard still in the game I will personally deliver some delicious smackdown upon them

That is two network heads we have lost which is terrible

!Naporeon

This was from the start of yesterday. It sounds like Gumpy was the seer, and knowing that now I can't help but wonder if he had a lead but didn't have a way to tell us since all the mouthpieces keep dying.

I know it's a bit weak, but we have a decent track record so far of trusting the voting patterns of dead specials, so I'm going with !naporeon for now.

If anyone's got any other leads, please don't hold back. We will need amazing luck to simply make it past today. Assuming the mafia have four kills, we have to hit one with the vote and kill a second with the vig (who is hopefully still alive) in order to make it in to tomorrow.

Arkas on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well ain't that the most interesting thing

Gumpy on
  • Options
    oakloreoaklore Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ooOOoooOOOooo

Looks like you have a few leads.

OOoooooooOOOoooo *etc etc*

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Arkas wrote: »
    Gumpy wrote: »
    If there is a guard still in the game I will personally deliver some delicious smackdown upon them

That is two network heads we have lost which is terrible

!Naporeon

This was from the start of yesterday. It sounds like Gumpy was the seer, and knowing that now I can't help but wonder if he had a lead but didn't have a way to tell us since all the mouthpieces keep dying.

I know it's a bit weak, but we have a decent track record so far of trusting the voting patterns of dead specials, so I'm going with !naporeon for now.

If anyone's got any other leads, please don't hold back. We will need amazing luck to simply make it past today. Assuming the mafia have four kills, we have to hit one with the vote and kill a second with the vig (who is hopefully still alive) in order to make it in to tomorrow.

Wouldn't they only have three kills? Or am I being dumb, and should go take a nap?

Zandracon on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Shit. I will say that I think I killed oaklore with a special attack. I certainly targeted him. The narration doesn't really make it clear, though.

I'm a bit shocked that Erich wasn't evil, since I'm a vanillager, and it's a bit counterproductive to implicate good guys unnecessarily at this point. Still, I volunteer to die, if it means we don't accidentally bandwagon a good special.

And honestly, I don't see how good can win, unless literally every single one of the remaining good guys is a decently powered special.

naporeon on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That's your defense? I'm a vanillager but I'm willing to die? I'm not sure I buy that, naporeon.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    That's your defense? I'm a vanillager but I'm willing to die? I'm not sure I buy that, naporeon.
    Where do you see a defense there? I certainly didn't intend to make one, at least not insofar as diverting the vote is concerned.

If we don't have a legit lead, it makes strategic sense to kill me with the vote, so that we don't accidentally kill a good special. I encourage it, in fact.

I was given a guard when I was magentaed the other day, though, so anyone who can convince me that they're on the side of the village can have it. Likewise, I still have my second special attack (yesterday was the first time I'd used one), so if you do not make a compelling point, I might just point it at you.

naporeon

naporeon on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Naporeon does not really make sense right now, but that might be the painkillers.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Zellpher wrote: »
    Naporeon does not really make sense right now, but that might be the painkillers.
    What's not making sense?

I have no idea how many good specials remain, but I am not one, so it's better to off me than one of them, if we're just picking one of us at random. That must make sense.

As for the other items:
    • I received a blessing from Rao the other night, when I won the magenta vote. It gave me one block, to be used at my discretion on anyone who isn't me. I'm open to discussion as to who this should be used on, but as I have no real leads, it will probably go to waste.
    • As a vanillager, I started with one elemental "special attack", and received another in the narration a few days later. I used one last night (on oaklore, unfortunately), but I still have one. I am inclined not to use it, as I haven't been very active in this game, and I'm not sure I should risk offing any of the remaining goods.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well, I suppose I should vote since the forums are being sort of laggy for me.

Naporean seems to be the only lead from Gumpy's vote. I feel sort of uneasy because I'm not sure if he's pulling an Erich Zahn, or if he really does feel that his lack of proof means the best thing to do is to die since he's only a vanillager. Even though numbers are really important right now. Blagh.

And I suppose I will vote myself for Rao, for lack of a better idea what to do with it.

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    naporean, assuming we have good specials left, you are right. this is a better choice than going over posts and vote analysis and such.

but, since its close to close and the forums are being terrible, today we will have to settle for this type of thing.

psolms on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Naporean and Dunadan019 before the forum has another seizure

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Naporean then, but I would rather thing Someone Zandracon would just be as good as a throw away vote as borning villager. Guy Is too dam quite, (as allways)

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    A goodie pointed to naporeon. Good enough for me, but if we're bringing up how quiet people are, dunedainjedi hasn't voted/posted for the last 3 days....

Keika on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Keika wrote: »
    A goodie pointed to naporeon. Good enough for me, but if we're bringing up how quiet people are, dunedainjedi hasn't voted/posted for the last 3 days....
    To be fair, he was running his own phalla during that time.

naporeon on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So....I'm still alive. Damn

What's going on in here?

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Keika, isn't this the second time -- at least -- that you've been late for a vote?

If I had any better info, I would've used my special attack on you.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah... I've been late pretty much every night in both phallas I've been part of this week. I post when I'm on. There's a difference between being late and not posting/voting at all.

Way to defend your fellow baddie. :^:

Keika on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

You implying you're evil?

Arkas on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Reading comprehension FTL.

edit: For anyone else who can't figure it out, I meant that dunedainjedi and naporeon are in cahoots.

Keika on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Reading comprehension FTL.

edit: For anyone else who can't figure it out, I meant that dunedainjedi and naporeon are in cahoots.
    Casting aspersions on someone else's reading comprehension because they can't decipher your ambiguous, poorly phrased nonsense? Have you been drinking, Keika?

Of course, you also don't seem to grasp that what you're saying right now is going to implicate you, when I'm shown to be a vanillager in...well, whenever the narration is posted.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I suppose it's only fair to point out that the vote actually closes in 10 minutes.

I was just, you know, hopin Keika might say something incriminating.

Arkas on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Funny you should ask, naporeon, but yes, I have been drinking... gotta love a good rum and coke. :P

If you show up as non-evil, then I was wrong. I'm just going off what my gut tells me, and what my gut is telling me is that it's incredibly suspicious that dune shows up not 5 minutes after I call him out, and then you jump right in to defend him.

@Arkas: It's difficult to say incriminating things when I'm not a criminal.

Keika on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Vote closed.

Shiranui on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Funny you should ask, naporeon, but yes, I have been drinking... gotta love a good rum and coke. :P

If you show up as non-evil, then I was wrong. I'm just going off what my gut tells me, and what my gut is telling me is that it's incredibly suspicious that dune shows up not 5 minutes after I call him out, and then you jump right in to defend him.

@Arkas: It's difficult to say incriminating things when I'm not a criminal.
    Hahaha...my gut told me you'd had a couple. Heh.

As for your reasoning, fair enough. But I was playing in Dune's phalla, and I'm pretty sure that's why he's been busy. Of course, I don't know if he's good or bad here, just that I'm a good 'lil vanillager.

naporeon on