As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer 40,000] ... And I say "Space Wolf? That's my wife!"

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    OH FUCK, SPACE HULK IS AT MY HOUSE!

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KublaKhanKublaKhan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    KublaKhan wrote: »
    Well we did take down every superheavy but one of the warhounds by the end of the game. However it cost us far more to do that then it cost them to loose them. My buddy went on ebay and got a bag of 36 old style fire dragons off ebay for apocalypse games, 36 fire dragons in 6 falcons with the flying formation (that also upgrades the pulse lasers to lances). That was a good way to punish superheavy spam (easily tank down 2 warhounds a turn and not loose a guy), but he just moved to france so I need to deal with that stuff myself now :)

Cameron! Good to see you back! Did Ben move to france?!

I wanted to go that Apoc game but I went to the Comic-con here instead :P

Want to get a game in this weekend?

Ya Ben moved to France for business school, but he'll be back around during summers and whatnot.

The Apocalypse game was great, but there will be another soon enough, probably later in September, get that Plagueblade or whatever it's called done... or at least assembled, I have yet to see anyone use the giant flamer template in a game and I really want to see it roast some orks.

I'm up for a game, but I'm in Quebec for most (but not all of the weekend), I'll let you know.

KublaKhan on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SPACE HULK CAME

IT WAS LIKE TWO HOURS AGO BUT STILL WOOOOOOOO

SJ on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    OH FUCK, SPACE HULK IS AT MY HOUSE!
    DID YOU LOCK YOUR DOOR? WHO KNOWS WHAT IT MIGHT BE DOING TO YOUR DOG RIGHT NOW!

So, it looks like this thread is drawing to an end. I'd suggest people take a look at the OP once more, and make recommendations about what needs to be changed/added for the next one.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    In case anyone is lamenting the lack of Space Hulk sitting on your doorstep, the more extra items on the order, the longer it's taking to ship, according to GW.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't know about changing anything in the OP, but I think it's time to get a nice title thought up for the new thread.
    My suggestion is "Tau men and a baby".

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Warhammer 40K: Space Hulk raped Tim's dog

Mongrel Idiot on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Warhammer 40K: Space Hulk raped Tim's dog
    Oh hey would you look at that; it's nearly new thread time too...

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Space Hulk raped Tim's dog
    Come on, we don't know that for sure.
    That could have been anyone's dog.

Dayspring on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    In my quest to find more powerclaws that would befit a proper warboss on a warbike I came across the following image. Now I started playing Inquisitor way back when it first came out but have long since lost track of the models and rules. but I do remember the models were quite a bit larger than standard 40k models.

That being said I'm not sure if proportionately these would work on a warbike mounted boss without really ramping up the size of boss the warboss and the bike. (Not necessarily a bad thing but might lead to even more conversions to adjust the bike)

The other question, am i getting in over my head in terms of chopping apart a miniature like this? IIRC all the inquisitor models are solid pewter.

Worst case scenario i might be able to recreate these powerclaws on my own but i was thinking if i could easily harvest these and they weren't too big it might save me alot of trouble. (Also consider my recreations would probably be nowhere near the detail of these.)

The end result might be worth all the effort though, i just don't know if these claws would be TOO big.
    m1184311_99111399033_INQKriegerMain_445x319.jpg

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dayspring wrote: »

hrrmmm

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    and who is to say it was rape? Lets face it... Tim's dog is kind of a slut

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    honey nut cheerioshoney nut cheerios __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Should I get Space Hulk before it sells out Y/N?

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Do you want to play Space Hulk Y/N?
    Space Wife? That's my wolf!

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Thunderhammer? I just met her!

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    honey nut cheerioshoney nut cheerios __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Do you want to play Space Hulk Y/N?

Y

very very Y

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Should I get Space Hulk before it sells out Y/N?

I dunno, maybe?

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

It's cool I called my house and told my Batman game to keep an eye on Space Hulk. The sound of stormbolters and batarrangs could be heard blocks away.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm getting worried here. I've got confirmation from Fed-ex that they delivered Space Hulk to my door. Normally if no one is there they leave the package with the apartment managers where it sits nice and safe nestled with other packaged under the watchful eyes of the managers.

But according to the delivery tracking they left it sitting on my doorstep. All manner of horrible things might happen to it, worst of all it being spirited away.

Not happy :(

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The guys at Battlefoam need to make a foam insert that goes into the Space Hulk box so everything can sit nice and snuggly in there.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nax wrote: »
    and who is to say it was rape? Lets face it... Tim's dog is kind of a slut

Did you see what she was wearing, she had it comming IMO. Btw nax i saw pete's upside down sniperfex and they look sharp btw sorry i made it in late, library kept me over due to short staffing (god damn flu) 2 people are down.

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    In my quest to find more powerclaws that would befit a proper warboss on a warbike I came across the following image. Now I started playing Inquisitor way back when it first came out but have long since lost track of the models and rules. but I do remember the models were quite a bit larger than standard 40k models.

That being said I'm not sure if proportionately these would work on a warbike mounted boss without really ramping up the size of boss the warboss and the bike. (Not necessarily a bad thing but might lead to even more conversions to adjust the bike)

The other question, am i getting in over my head in terms of chopping apart a miniature like this? IIRC all the inquisitor models are solid pewter.

Worst case scenario i might be able to recreate these powerclaws on my own but i was thinking if i could easily harvest these and they weren't too big it might save me alot of trouble. (Also consider my recreations would probably be nowhere near the detail of these.)

The end result might be worth all the effort though, i just don't know if these claws would be TOO big.

The claws are the wrong scale and are far too large to work on a 40k model. For reference, an Inquisitor Warboss is probably just a smidge larger than a 40k Carnifex.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I've currently got an upside down fex on my desk... though, he does not have his arms yet :P

Been reading up about what units might be fitting for a Tau Recon force, and I think I have a really cool idea.
    Since its an escalation, the force will start out small, and as it grows, unit would be added in that would be logical reinforcements for them. Like Pathfinders calling for a Skyray :)

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Im coming up with lots of cool ways to give away a space hulk box at the shop this weekend :)

alqadim on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ok... I need a Citadel Battle Mat. Like.. need one. Unfortunately, they are discontinued by Games Workshop, and I cannot find one online anywhere. I would be greatly indebted to someone who could help me find one

Nax on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    http://www.zuzzy.com/: these guys have a couple of mat types for sale, but they are a bit more expensive than the GW ones.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

The claws are the wrong scale and are far too large to work on a 40k model. For reference, an Inquisitor Warboss is probably just a smidge larger than a 40k Carnifex.

From what I remember, the arms on that Inq Model are modified Gahzskull arms...

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I've currently got an upside down fex on my desk... though, he does not have his arms yet :P

Been reading up about what units might be fitting for a Tau Recon force, and I think I have a really cool idea.
    Since its an escalation, the force will start out small, and as it grows, unit would be added in that would be logical reinforcements for them. Like Pathfinders calling for a Skyray :)

I did that with my Armored Company. Starting with sentinels, then increasing in heavy armor.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    alqadim wrote: »
    Im coming up with lots of cool ways to give away a space hulk box at the shop this weekend :)

Of course you would do it the ONE WEEKEND OUT OF THE ENTIRE YEAR that I am out of town.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok... I need a Citadel Battle Mat. Like.. need one. Unfortunately, they are discontinued by Games Workshop, and I cannot find one online anywhere. I would be greatly indebted to someone who could help me find one

if you cant find one i know how to actually build a sectioned battle table i can help u if need be.

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    http://www.zuzzy.com/: these guys have a couple of mat types for sale, but they are a bit more expensive than the GW ones.

I know of a few other mat types (though, I didn't know of those, and they seem pretty sweet), but I need the official GW one :P I <3 it so much

Nax on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Next thread title should be: "In the Grim Darkness of the Grim Dark There is Only GRIMDARK." Also whoever gets it should post as much terrible 40k fanart that they can find.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The guys at Battlefoam need to make a foam insert that goes into the Space Hulk box so everything can sit nice and snuggly in there.

Funny you should mention that.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    DragonPup wrote: »

Funny you should mention that.

Bought.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Picking up Battlefoam's kit for Space Hulk. http://battlefoam.com/catalog.php?category=66

I was punching out all the bits and seperating the minis in the 3rd edition set, and wondering how to store this monumental pile of "stuff." Looking forward to actually playing the game this weekend.

etoychest on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    etoychest wrote: »
    Picking up Battlefoam's kit for Space Hulk. http://battlefoam.com/catalog.php?category=66

I was punching out all the bits and seperating the minis in the 3rd edition set, and wondering how to store this monumental pile of "stuff." Looking forward to actually playing the game this weekend.

Ditto. I was worried about painting the models then having to stick them in the box to fly about.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    etoychest wrote: »

Ditto. I was worried about painting the models then having to stick them in the box to fly about.

Exactly. These scupts are some of the most intricate GW has put out, and being plastics I'm a bit concerned about having the "hood ornaments" on some of the termies in particular being snapped off just through regular wear and tear. Hopefully the foam will help delay that for a little longer.

etoychest on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Lictor? I didn't even touch her!

That foam looks intriguing, I wonder how much it would be to ship to the UK.
    p.s. my space hulk showed up today
    p.p.s. it is awesome

Dayspring on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Lictor? I didn't even touch her!

That foam looks intriguing, I wonder how much it would be to ship to the UK.
    p.s. my space hulk showed up today
    p.p.s. it is awesome

I lot. The shipping rates overseas are insane.

The new title should be Space Hulk related.

Warhammer 40k: Space Hulk, I'm just big boned.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Boo to that!
    Oh well, looks like i'll be tipping it all into a shoe box as usual.

Dayspring on