As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Japanimation] Mahjong: Putin, Papa Bush & Pope vs Hitler for fate of the world.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Klyka wrote: »
    "Stealth Momo" is the bests Saki character.
    Fixeds

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    "Stealth Momo" is the bests Saki character.
    Fixeds
    Stealth Momo ganbaru~su, yo!

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ergandar wrote: »
    Sora no Manimani ep3: so good.

Epic misunderstanding scene to start off had me bustin up. Then the other girl who likes him asks him if the rumours are true, and they censor her with animal noises :lol:. This show has great facial expressions, Mihoshi's frustrated reaction to the student body president's antagonism was delightful.

Nice stargazing scene. This might be the first show to feature an obligatory stargazing scene in each episode. They really manage to strike a nice balance between the comedy and the more emotional scenes.

More people need to hop on the bandwagon. It doesn't even have any fanservice, so it's safe for you guys who don't like that stuff.

Edit: well played, Heatwave. I was going to do one with Makoto's face on the sign, but I got frustrated and gave up.

I've been on this bandwagon for a while now. The show has expert comedic direction--its the zany astronomy-infused lovechild between Nodame Cantabile and Yankee-kun to Megane-chan.

Though I checked it out and was a bit turned off after the first few minutes and haven't gotten back to it, that description sounds enough to convince me to give it another shot.

Slicer on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Some real stealh weeaboo shit in here.

I'm off anime until I finish Avatar, the most anime non anime anime ever.

Of course I'm over halfway through with that.

Then I finish Baccanno! or however you spell it. Then I finish Dub Note. Should get me through to fall.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    is a good show

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    has Toph
    :winky:
    Is what he meant to say.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    has Toph
    :winky:
    Is what he meant to say.
    :winky: [tiny]yes i know i'm ruining the show by not spoiling this[/tiny]

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »
    That's Dorohedoro, according to a channel I frequent. Dunno, but I'm looking through it, and it looks interesting.

This is great.

For some reason I find the concept really refreshing.

And the first panel here made me laugh way too hard

26.jpg

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    reading right to left or left to right,i have no clue what's going on there

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    SpectreSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bleach filler question:
    If all the swords are getting physical forms, what's going to happen to Kenpachi's? He doesn't even know it's name, right?

Spectre on
    gst+spectre.png
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is Fairy Tail good? I like stupid shonen for the most part so I want to like it. Read some chapters, maybe as far as 10, and I am really not hooked at all. Plus it doesn't help that I thought Rave Master was pretty meh.

So what is the verdict? Does it get more awesome? I will prolly give it til 20 or 30 to see...

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Saki 08
    Not liking this Fake Akagi guy already - the whole stats play will blow up in his face quite fast it seems. Meanwhile, looks like the real one is out there picking fights with scums and yakuza goon-

hey wait a minute here

Joking aside, blergh. Wasn't expecting much, didn't get much. The whole bit with the president could have been done 4 or so episodes ago (there was even some discussion about this exact character developement before!) and apart from Kazekoshi's motivations we learned appropriately nothing else. Filler that could have been spent better and without meaningless discussions.

At least ep9 bring us the beginning of the finals. Don't know if it was the intent but we've heard so little about the fourth school that I'm expecting some surprises from their side. At least one suspense is done right!

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So the Bleach filler was actually worth checking out?

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Also about Avatar
    It has Azula. ONLY GOOD ANSWER.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Saki 08
    Not liking this Fake Akagi guy already - the whole stats play will blow up in his face quite fast it seems. Meanwhile, looks like the real one is out there picking fights with scums and yakuza goon-

hey wait a minute here

Joking aside, blergh. Wasn't expecting much, didn't get much. The whole bit with the president could have been done 4 or so episodes ago (there was even some discussion about this exact character developement before!) and apart from Kazekoshi's motivations we learned appropriately nothing else. Filler that could have been spent better and without meaningless discussions.

At least ep9 bring us the beginning of the finals. Don't know if it was the intent but we've heard so little about the fourth school that I'm expecting some surprises from their side. At least one suspense is done right!
    Be aware that the anime is somewhat close behind the manga, so they have done a little bit of padding here and there to not overpace it.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Saki 08

hey wait a minute here

Be aware that the anime is somewhat close behind the manga, so they have done a little bit of padding here and there to not overpace it.
    ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff i hope this doesn't mean super filler

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Saki 08

hey wait a minute here

At worse they can show Taco charge up her power for about 4 episodes.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    SpectreSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    risumon wrote: »
    Is Fairy Tail good? I like stupid shonen for the most part so I want to like it. Read some chapters, maybe as far as 10, and I am really not hooked at all. Plus it doesn't help that I thought Rave Master was pretty meh.

So what is the verdict? Does it get more awesome? I will prolly give it til 20 or 30 to see...
    At first I felt the same, but there's a point where it became awesome and didn't stop, at least to me.

Spectre on
    gst+spectre.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Saki 08

hey wait a minute here

At worse they can show Taco charge up her power for about 4 episodes.
    Pika don't read this even though you're current (future pacing speculation)
    My current belief is that they'll end the tournament a couple episodes before the end of the season, leaving the last two for a coda + training + hype for nationals.

This may be wrong.

EDIT:
    Spectre wrote: »

At first I felt the same, but there's a point where it became awesome and didn't stop, at least to me.
    Basically, it's average until Erza shows up. After that it gets pretty good for awhile.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

I've read 5 or so volumes now. It's shonen, but it's good shonen. Pretty cliche of course, but still fun. And that's the factor to look for in shonen. It's not the height of philosophical literature or artistic expression, but it's fun to read through and hopefully will be fun to watch. Give it a shot if you're a fan of typical shonen stuff. You'll probably end up liking it.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Sweet that sounds like what I was expecting it to be. I really should give something more then just a couple chapters before asking about it.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I saw in the OP the list of legit places to watch streaming anime, how about manga?

I've been using onemanga lately, I've seen others mention it as well, is it legit? Are there other good manga sites?

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I saw in the OP the list of legit places to watch streaming anime, how about manga?

I've been using onemanga lately, I've seen others mention it as well, is it legit? Are there other good manga sites?

I'm not aware of any sites to legally read manga online, including the one you mentioned. Other people here may know of some I don't know.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    d'aaww <3 spectrum. especially since I'm NOT current (remember non-premium crunchyroll's a week behind)

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    no there isn't a legal way to read manga afaik,

Falx on
  • Options
    setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Maybe it was just me, but it looks like Jessica's bust size jumped about three sizes in the latest Umineko episode.

setrajonas on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think I've seen some companies put up a sample chapter or two on their sites before (but I'm not entirely sure, so don't quote me on that), but other than that I'm afraid there's not much in regards to free legal viewing of manga online.

Slicer on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think he's asking for a site that will not bombard him with ads and spyware.

I recommend that we not answer this question.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh my God, that 8-bit Gurren Lagann video is awesome. I just wish that it had a sequence of sprites reenacting the series.

I also watched Dragonball Evolutions with my cousin last night. Between emo Goku, not-bald Master Roshi, fireball kamehameha and air bending my cousin almost had a heart attack from shear nerd rage.

I didn't really care for the movie either, but I didn't get all pissed off about it. I could have accepted it if they replaced Goku and Chi-Chi with Teen Gohan and Videl, made it so the kamehameha was not a fireball, and made the final battle actually exciting to watch.

Oh well.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    dorohedoro is awesome. one of the most creative manga i've read.

NotYou on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    I also watched Dragonball Evolutions with my cousin last night. Between emo Goku, not-bald Master Roshi, fireball kamehameha and air bending my cousin almost had a heart attack from shear nerd rage.

I didn't really care for the movie either, but I didn't get all pissed off about it. I could have accepted it if they replaced Goku and Chi-Chi with Teen Gohan and Videl, made it so the kamehameha was not a fireball, and made the final battle actually exciting to watch.

Oh well.
    Ahahaha.

High School.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I really wish Gohan had been the star of that movie. Then we could have seen him blow off steam by playing Great Saiyaman.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    For what it is worth, Negima?! and Virus have appeared on Hulu.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Zek wrote: »

What the?

Bleach is in another filler arc again isn't it?

Sigh

They are very close to the manga right now, so no surprise.

This filler was written by Kubo though. And the episode has a interesting set up. Should be better then the Bounts or Captain Filler.
    Even official writing can't save filler from its critical weakness though, which is the fact that you know nothing permanent or significant will ever happen.

I had to go and check to see how they excused themselves into the filler. And I did chuckle at the fact it's explained by the characters as a studio exec decision. And since the filler was Kubo written I figured I check it out. 227 was based off the manga so ok. Then 228. And then my brain broke.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dang, this Dorohedoro manga is pretty cool. I came for the art, but the story is.......morbidly quirky? That's all I can think of to describe it.

Despite its flaws, color me surprised. I'm enjoying it.

Godfather on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited July 2009
    Tea party~

I'm actually pleased with how Deen handled it, although I do kind of wish they had hammed the start up a little more since the subversion's the whole point.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is Red Garden any good? It's on sale at Best Buy, but I hated Gantz.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    I don't know a single person who watched it. I think I snagged the first ep and then promptly forgot I even had it. It's probably still sitting in my mega Unwatched folder right now.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

It's not like gantz in the slightest.

It's good. Nothing spectacular though.

NotYou on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is Red Garden any good?

I watched a few episodes. Didn't really make much of an impression.

juice for jesus on
This discussion has been closed.