As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Japanimation] Mahjong: Putin, Papa Bush & Pope vs Hitler for fate of the world.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I would have liked another season of Baccano, but that sounds like the next best thing.

I still hold out hope for one

Someday

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I would have liked another season of Baccano, but that sounds like the next best thing.

Someday

I found some website somewhere that talked about how one of the later novels is (Baccano spoilers, don't read unless you've watched the whole show)
    Set in modern times, with the Immortals meeting on a cruise ship that gets taken over by terrorists or something.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Someday

I found some website somewhere that talked about how one of the later novels is (Baccano spoilers, don't read unless you've watched the whole show)
    Set in modern times, with the Immortals meeting on a cruise ship that gets taken over by terrorists or something.
    Que Isaac and Miria shenanigans

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    JONJONAUGJONJONAUG Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    I'm reading Chapter 2 of that Onani Master Kurosawa manga... What the fuck is wrong with this dude? What is wrong with the guy who wrote this shit? What's wrong with people for liking it?

And in what way is this the same as Death Note?

You're reading a manga that has the word masturbation in the title.

You knew damn well what you were getting into.

JONJONAUG on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Heatwave wrote: »

Someday

Que Isaac and Miria shenanigans

God that would be so fucking awesome

I heard that a significant amount of time is devoted to (SPOILARS)
    Ladd, Jacuzzi, and Firo in Alcatraz, the subsequent meeting with Huey, and their eventual escape

which would just be the coolest shit ever

Fucking Strike Witches gets another season and not this. It's a fucking crime against God and man, is what it is

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Welp, Heatwave ruins it for me this week. Fun fun.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    65.gif

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    NOT NEARLY AS CUTe-

... hi! >^_^<

..... dammit again

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    More people need to hop on the bandwagon. It doesn't even have any fanservice, so it's safe for you guys who don't like that stuff.
    I would if my comp wasn't decrepit. Only ep3 is available in Xvid. :(

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Chen wrote: »
    More people need to hop on the bandwagon. It doesn't even have any fanservice, so it's safe for you guys who don't like that stuff.

Clearly the solution is to buy a new computer.

Or hardsub/re-encode it yourself.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Barrakketh wrote: »

I like astronomy, but not that much.
    I really should.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Barrakketh wrote: »

I like astronomy, but not that much.
    I really should.

I wrote something in Python before I upgraded my computer to automate the task. I should take a look at it again sometime and see if I can make what changes are needed so people with Windows can use it :P Since it was very much a "me" thing I made some assumptions that should be placed in a config file somewhere...it's also ugly because it was a "learn as you go" project from long ago.

Barrakketh on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I read something that CoreAVC is really good at letting people watch files they usually might not... am I remembering it right or is it overhyped?

Falx on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That would be great, Barrakketh.

There is considerably less .avi and .mp4 nowadays which is a development I'm not too fond of. Sure, .mkv allows more flexibility, but fuck it if I can't run hd video.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That would be great, Barrakketh.

There is considerably less .avi and .mp4 nowadays which is a development I'm not too fond of. Sure, .mkv allows more flexibility, but fuck it if I can't run hd video.

Matroska is a container, not a video/audio format. You can put AAC and h264 video in the MP4 container, but it doesn't support the subtitle format used by most softsubs.

On that note, my old machine with an AthlonXP 2500+ could run HD video in the Xvid format.

Barrakketh on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I have this week and next week at work, then 9 straight days off (counting weekends), 2 of those with my fiancee still at work. Anime catch up time! Maybe I'll actually finish my spring stuff, or even my last fall stuff! Which might actually be last summer. When the hell did Allison & Lillia come out?

So which fall stuff should I be excited about? I tend to pick show to watch for the most tenuous of reasons, which actually works out pretty well. Except for Saikano.

Trapeze looks interesting enough, but it might be too weird to have a good hook. It's from the guy behind Mononoke, so it's got that going for it at least.

Armed Librarians? I might watch it just because of the title. Ditto for Railgun.

Hmm.. School drama, school drama, school drama. Unless you start with "His and Her" and end with "Circumstances" I'm not watching another school drama.

White Album could be a good character drama if done right. Chances slim.

The rest seems pretty generic. I'll probably watch Fairy Tail at least to start, since I like the manga and there's always room for mindless shonen action as long as it's flashy.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

What the?

Bleach is in another filler arc again isn't it?

Sigh

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I remember when Macross Frontier first aired, and my computer had it's ass soundly kicked and beaten like a red-haired stepchild every time the opening played, especially Lion, which was a clusterfuck of color. That was the time I knew I had to buy a new computer.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    darksteel wrote: »
    I remember when Macross Frontier first aired, and my computer had it's ass soundly kicked and beaten like a red-haired stepchild every time the opening played, especially Lion, which was a clusterfuck of color. That was the time I knew I had to buy a new computer.

Frontier never gave me a problem except for the finale. Gundam 00 could, and the Code Geass logo exploding into particles always caused a slowdown even though practically nothing else in the show would :lol:

Barrakketh on
  • Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sora no Manimani ep3: so good.

Epic misunderstanding scene to start off had me bustin up. Then the other girl who likes him asks him if the rumours are true, and they censor her with animal noises :lol:. This show has great facial expressions, Mihoshi's frustrated reaction to the student body president's antagonism was delightful.

Nice stargazing scene. This might be the first show to feature an obligatory stargazing scene in each episode. They really manage to strike a nice balance between the comedy and the more emotional scenes.

Edit: well played, Heatwave. I was going to do one with Makoto's face on the sign, but I got frustrated and gave up.

I've been on this bandwagon for a while now. The show has expert comedic direction--its the zany astronomy-infused lovechild between Nodame Cantabile and Yankee-kun to Megane-chan.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ok, so I just finished watching Soul Eater... man I wish it were longer...
    Also, I kind of wish it would have gone into their futures after they beat the Kishin...

So now I want to watch Hajime no Kippo (or whatever, the boxing anime), but I can't find a site to stream it off of... the site I used for Soul Eater (onepieceofbleach) has decided to stop working now and I tried to google some, but youtube and megavideo and blocked in China so there was no dice there.

TIA

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Taking a look at the fall preview, I must say I am surprised by one of those on that list. But then again it how could Sunrise pass the opportunity to revive its cash cow. It could also be a sign of the coming apocalypse. And suddenly Kitty Films is brought back from the dead and all hell breaks loose on Earth.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    fmz65 wrote:
    So now I want to watch Hajime no Kippo (or whatever, the boxing anime), but I can't find a site to stream it off of... the site I used for Soul Eater (onepieceofbleach) has decided to stop working now and I tried to google some, but youtube and megavideo and blocked in China so there was no dice there.
    Is crunchyroll also blocked? There are also guides on how to access nicovideo if you do not read Japanese.

Falx on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    crunchyroll doesn't appear to have hajime no ippo :(

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Damn, then I'm stumped. Sorry man :(

Falx on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So I gather from the subject of all of your conversations that Aoi Hana and Sora no Manimani would be good shows to watch right now, huh?

Weird question. What the hell does まにまに mean, anyhoo? I don't believe I've encountered the word, me Google fu is failing me, and I'm not sure about the sample sentence Yahoo!辞書 is giving me.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That's Manimani I presume? I've seen it translated as both "stilness" and "mercy" So Sora no Manimani is listed as either "The Stillness of The Sky" and "At the Mercy of The Sky".

Falx on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Welp, Heatwave ruins it for me this week. Fun fun.

what is a new Haruhi out? How many episodes till they've been doing the endless 8 crap for 8 episodes?

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    blkmageblkmage Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I watched Saki 9-11 last night:
    Club president is now my favourite character. And that other captain, WHY DOES SHE HAVE GEASS. This ridiculousness is reminiscent of the shenanigans in Code Geass R2.

blkmage on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    "Stealth Momo" is the best Saki character.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    blkmage wrote: »
    So I watched Saki 9-11 last night:
    Club president is now my favourite character. And that other captain, WHY DOES SHE HAVE GEASS. This ridiculousness is reminiscent of the shenanigans in Code Geass R2.

wait, but you haven't got to the magic girl avatar stuff yet, right?

you haven't seen ridiculousness yet.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Falx wrote: »
    That's Manimani I presume? I've seen it translated as both "stilness" and "mercy" So Sora no Manimani is listed as either "The Stillness of The Sky" and "At the Mercy of The Sky".

Yeah, after a few more searches I think I kind of have it figured out. "At the Mercy of the Sky" would be better. The word means something like "leaving the resolution of affairs to other people."

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Klyka wrote: »

Fuck yeah, Stealth Momo! Just watched that episode last night. I also like the magenta-haired girl in that club, she always has the funniest facial expressions and an unusual sarcastic/resigned attitude.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Epic misunderstanding scene to start off had me bustin up. Then the other girl who likes him asks him if the rumours are true, and they censor her with animal noises :lol:. This show has great facial expressions, Mihoshi's frustrated reaction to the student body president's antagonism was delightful.

Nice stargazing scene. This might be the first show to feature an obligatory stargazing scene in each episode. They really manage to strike a nice balance between the comedy and the more emotional scenes.

Yeah the show is hella good. I lol more at it than any other show in recent memory. The cast is amazing, every member of the club aside from that girl with the blueish hair is hilarious.

SPECULATION:
    I think that Mihoshi's parents, or at the very least her father, are dead, and when we find that out it is going to be completely gutwrenching.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yeah the show is hella good. I lol more at it than any other show in recent memory. The cast is amazing, every member of the club aside from that girl with the blueish hair is hilarious.

SPECULATION:
    I think that Mihoshi's parents, or at the very least her father, are dead, and when we find that out it is going to be completely gutwrenching.
    Yeah, there was a pretty big "tell" dropped to that effect in the planetarium scene.

I want to make a .gif of Mihoshi shaking her fist at the student body president. :mrgreen:

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    FMA: B 16 & 17
    Good episodes all around. I think splitting up the two revelations with Hughes and Ross actually works better than the original.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

What the?

Sigh

They are very close to the manga right now, so no surprise.

This filler was written by Kubo though. And the episode has a interesting set up. Should be better then the Bounts or Captain Filler.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    This filler actually looks really good... I'm really excited to see what they're going to do with it.

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Klyka wrote: »

Fuck yeah, Stealth Momo! Just watched that episode last night. I also like the magenta-haired girl in that club, she always has the funniest facial expressions and an unusual sarcastic/resigned attitude.
    "From now on, Stealth Momo's got the stage to herself."

"I want you!"

Squeeeeeeeee <3

Hisa is probably still my favorite individual character for now, but Momo and Yumi together blow her so far out of the water it's not funny ~su.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

What the?

Sigh

They are very close to the manga right now, so no surprise.

This filler was written by Kubo though. And the episode has a interesting set up. Should be better then the Bounts or Captain Filler.
    Even official writing can't save filler from its critical weakness though, which is the fact that you know nothing permanent or significant will ever happen.

Zek on
This discussion has been closed.