Options

s1ckh4ndsb4ss & cloudeagle appreciation thread

• Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There is a bug where sometimes upon loading the RBstore, not all content is there.

Usually reloading RB2 fixes it.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's still available on the xbox.com site...

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I only have it on hearsay, but an HMXer that posts at SA mentioned that in the big RB2 patch that's eventually coming, one of the new song sorting options is "Unplayed," which is a great way to get to songs you bought and promptly forgot about! I do wish they had "times played" or "date of DLC release," but this'll do well enough.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    TheBoginatorTheBoginator Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Something completely different.

The Harmonix guys on Twitter have been trying to get Beatles: Rock Band into the top five trending topics. This is a preview of the reward that they're giving the fans for getting it into the top five. I think it might have hit #1 at one point.

TheBoginator on
    TheBoginator.gif
    Robman wrote: »
    No you don't. It's mass effect brah, just grab your controller in one hand and your dick with the other and go to town
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Something completely different.

The Harmonix guys on Twitter have been trying to get Beatles: Rock Band into the top five trending topics. This is a preview of the reward that they're giving the fans for getting it into the top five. I think it might have hit #1 at one point.

I did my part. After that, how could I not?

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    so here's something:
    the album art on 2 (that I've noticed) of my songs doesn't appear in the song selection menu. It displays correctly in the music store and I remember them being there at some point in the past.
    the songs are Charlene and Promised Land. (pretty sure they were the first 2 I ever dl'ed, being free)

I've tried deleting the sings themselves, the song cache file and the music store cache file then redownloading them, but the problem persists.

any ideas?

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    so here's something:
    the album art on 2 (that I've noticed) of my songs doesn't appear in the song selection menu. It displays correctly in the music store and I remember them being there at some point in the past.
    the songs are Charlene and Promised Land. (pretty sure they were the first 2 I ever dl'ed, being free)

I've tried deleting the sings themselves, the song cache file and the music store cache file then redownloading them, but the problem persists.

any ideas?

Play the song, and then see if it's still there.

Kor on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Play "You Got Another Thing Coming" on guitar.

Then play "Runnin' Wild" on guitar.

Notice anything?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    BroktuneBroktune Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm sure it's been answered but I'll ask again. Are the Beatle guitars available seperately? I've heard everything from them being so hard to find, to only finding the bass in the special edition, to only being available on preorder. I then see Target's weekend ad advertising the game and the bass as being sold seperate for $99.99.

Broktune on
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    ToyD wrote: »
    ToyD wrote: »
    I realize the thread title says rock band, but can someone school me on whether the plastic stuff with Rock band and Guitar hero is cross compatible on all platforms? Or which one isn't? I'd like to pick up one (haven't decided what yet) and have zero desire for too many more plastic toys with my video game equipment.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgQWTTWOctRccGNDN2JXT0NKcktEdVoxb2I0cDV0UUE&hl=en

Yea, that appears somewhat dated. Anything more recent?

Dated?... GH5 just came out a few days ago.

I must have missed where GH5 was on that list. I see GH3?

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    john and george's guitars are ONLY sold separately.

paul's bass comes in the bundle. (but idk if it's also sold seperately or not)

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    the list doesn't need to include GH5, just assume it's compatible with everything

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    the list doesn't need to include GH5, just assume it's compatible with everything

Why would that be a good assumption?

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    because GH5 is compatible with everything

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    because GH5 is compatible with everything

Awesome. Is the same true of the new rock band?

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If they've fixed compatibility with the SingStar mics and Lips mics, then yes. I would assume they've put both those in with B:RB's focus on vocals, though...

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Notice anything?

Are you saying these two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_34tOlXyVn0

sound similar?

David_T on
    13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Seriously, I think I love playing Re: Your Brains a little too much.

It is awesome, during the chorus the camera zoomed in on the drummer and he leans over, looks right in the camera and does the "all we want to do is eat your brains!" and just has this huge smile on his face.

I love HMX.

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't know if it's been said by it looks like the Unplugged tracks are finally up in the RB Store. Although curiously they don't seem to be listed if you look for them through XBL.

Downloaded Gasoline right now.........and it's doneyay!

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    David_T wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Notice anything?

Are you saying these two

*video*

sound similar?

Ahem

TheBoginator on
    TheBoginator.gif
    No you don't. It's mass effect brah, just grab your controller in one hand and your dick with the other and go to town
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Superman by Goldfinger also qualifies for that guys rant

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kor wrote: »
    so here's something:

any ideas?

Play the song, and then see if it's still there.

It happens from time to time. Hardly a big concern, overall.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yay! Chart thread!

Boo! Lack of charts...

Freezepop is well covered. The PAX songs have all bass charts, but the Coulton song has some others...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Those leaked charts I posted last week were dead-on.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Those leaked charts I posted last week were dead-on.

Sort of, the one for Origin of Species was way off in some parts, and the parts it had kind of right was all wrong about which notes were HoPos, and which weren't.

That's the only one I could remember a difference on, don't remember about the others.

TheBoginator on
    TheBoginator.gif
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yesss

Much like "Less Talk More Rokk", "Science Genius Girl" is a different mix than the album version.

Can't wait.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh man ABC is so fun on drums. I love the solo.

And its great how the bandmates sing the different parts.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Totally sucks on guitar, though.

Like really bad.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    CamuiCamui Sogekidan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So, I'm confused. On one picture I seen in a magazine, the drums that you got with the S.E. Beatles game had the "high hats" on it, but every other picture I seen was just the vanilla drums with the Beatles logo on it.

What's the deal?

Camui on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Camui wrote: »
    So, I'm confused. On one picture I seen in a magazine, the drums that you got with the S.E. Beatles game had the "high hats" on it, but every other picture I seen was just the vanilla drums with the Beatles logo on it.

What's the deal?

I've been led to believe it's like the regular RB2 drums in that you just get the vanilla drums with the Beatles logo, but it has expansion ports if you want to buy a cymbal pack (MSRP is $20/$30/$40 for 1/2/3 cymbals).

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well gents, I turn in early tonight.

Tomorrow morning...it awaits me.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yay! Chart thread!

Boo! Lack of charts...

Freezepop is well covered. The PAX songs have all bass charts, but the Coulton song has some others...

As a heads up, all the tracks have been represented including a bonus track preview for one of Coulton's songs through the RBN.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Okay, "Opening Band" is hilarious. Everyone needs to download it, if nothing else then for the rock humility.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Picked up SGG, ended up failing my drum sightread on that tricky little chorus break. :(

edit: got it second attempt

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Moioink wrote: »
    I really want Beatles Rock Band as my entry into the plastic instruments genre this generation but they want £90 for just the game and a guitar! I remember paying £40 for Guitar Hero 2 with the guitar on launch from the high street. Why the huge price hike? Surely replacing a wire with bluetooth doesn't more than double the cost.

Maybe it does. Also, they probably upped the quality of the manufacturing process since it would look really bad if Beatles tie-in stuff failed at a major rate.

Also, there are rumblings that HMX will no longer produce gear in large quantities since it's the biggest reason the series isn't making much money. Kotick (or some other nozzle at Activision) jumped in to say that they're more than happy to pick up the controller slack...

It's not just rumblings. From the LA Times:
    The marketing material for the Beatles: Rock Band urges consumers to use Guitar Hero controllers, enabling Viacom to piggyback on its more successful rival.

"Our core competency is media," said Paul DeGooyer, senior vice president of electronic games and music for MTV Games. "Let [Activision] take on the burden of getting those super-tight margin instruments out there."

Bobby Kotick, chief executive of Santa Monica-based Activision, said his company was more than happy to sell controllers to the Beatles: Rock Band players, as it has increased the efficiency of manufacturing them this year and earns a profit on them.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ct-beatles31-2009aug31,0,4349666,full.story

It could be that just means EA will manufacture less instruments.

Now maybe I'm just a highly unobservant consumer, or maybe it's a regional thing, but to me it seems Rock Band continually outsells Guitar Hero in my area. Wal-Mart was frequently out of the RB2 bundles for all three systems, whereas multiple endcaps of GH:WT were always fully stocked with the same games (Wal-mart apparently dings boxes for your convenience!). Guitar Hero: Metallica and Aerosmith always seem to be overstocked or on some clearance or another. And these days it seems GH5 is all but completely drowned out in talk of Rock Band: Beatles. Hell, to me it even seems like they're stretching for sales by basically giving away GH: Van Halen. So where do the sales really lay? Who's 'winning' this? And dammit why do my friends keep telling me Rock Band is only second best?

grumble grumble love my fuckin' Rock Band grumble get off my ass jerks ...

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    in case the information hasn't been passed. Target has Rock Band 2 marked down to $12.48. Pretty crazy.

Kor on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Moioink wrote: »
    I really want Beatles Rock Band as my entry into the plastic instruments genre this generation but they want £90 for just the game and a guitar! I remember paying £40 for Guitar Hero 2 with the guitar on launch from the high street. Why the huge price hike? Surely replacing a wire with bluetooth doesn't more than double the cost.

Maybe it does. Also, they probably upped the quality of the manufacturing process since it would look really bad if Beatles tie-in stuff failed at a major rate.

Also, there are rumblings that HMX will no longer produce gear in large quantities since it's the biggest reason the series isn't making much money. Kotick (or some other nozzle at Activision) jumped in to say that they're more than happy to pick up the controller slack...

It's not just rumblings. From the LA Times:
    The marketing material for the Beatles: Rock Band urges consumers to use Guitar Hero controllers, enabling Viacom to piggyback on its more successful rival.

"Our core competency is media," said Paul DeGooyer, senior vice president of electronic games and music for MTV Games. "Let [Activision] take on the burden of getting those super-tight margin instruments out there."

Bobby Kotick, chief executive of Santa Monica-based Activision, said his company was more than happy to sell controllers to the Beatles: Rock Band players, as it has increased the efficiency of manufacturing them this year and earns a profit on them.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ct-beatles31-2009aug31,0,4349666,full.story

It could be that just means EA will manufacture less instruments.

Now maybe I'm just a highly unobservant consumer, or maybe it's a regional thing, but to me it seems Rock Band continually outsells Guitar Hero in my area. Wal-Mart was frequently out of the RB2 bundles for all three systems, whereas multiple endcaps of GH:WT were always fully stocked with the same games (Wal-mart apparently dings boxes for your convenience!). Guitar Hero: Metallica and Aerosmith always seem to be overstocked or on some clearance or another. And these days it seems GH5 is all but completely drowned out in talk of Rock Band: Beatles. Hell, to me it even seems like they're stretching for sales by basically giving away GH: Van Halen. So where do the sales really lay? Who's 'winning' this? And dammit why do my friends keep telling me Rock Band is only second best?

grumble grumble love my fuckin' Rock Band grumble get off my ass jerks ...

I'm pretty sure that could be down to Activisions overproduction of Guitar Hero games, saturating shelf space with them. It's not that one sells better, it's just that one doesn't produce as many units.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Today is the day! The Beatles: Rock Band is now available! Quick -- go buy it before your friends have a chance to get better than you!

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Bleh, great to find out the Blue button on my wireless guitar only works if I press it at an angle. Wired guitar sucks...

LordNibbler on
    Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Let's get pumped about the Beatles! I recommend giving this a read!

Dehumanized on