Options

s1ckh4ndsb4ss & cloudeagle appreciation thread

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I forsee alot of Wiis being sold today.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nimble Cat wrote: »
    dragonsama wrote: »
    Fuuuuuuck I'm leaving in ten minutes to pick this up.

I'm so scared

What do I do

You go out there

Get that game

And don't stop playing it don't stop
    I won't have a chance to play this until late tonight :(
    I'm with you there man. darn things like a job getting in a way for gaming

Also anyone pick up their copy from Gamestop? what were the "3 free songs" ?

Apparently they let you choose 3 songs from the upcoming Sgt. Pepper's and Abbey Road albums. You get emailed the codes when they are released.

Well isn't that lovely. Especially considering I was going to buy those albums in their entirety anyways. So I guess I get a bit of a discount on them then.

Artoria on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Not really.

Actually, you'll end up spending more.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I think a lot of all three systems will be sold today, though I'd give the edge to the 360.

1) It's the cheapest system
    2) It's the lead platform for The Beatles: Rock Band. That combined with the cheapness, I imagine anyone recommending it to them would recommend it for 360.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm a bit disappointed that the free songs don't cover Rubber Soul at all, as getting Nowhere Man for free would have been awesome. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.
    I'm buying Nowhere Man anyway

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

I think a lot of all three systems will be sold today, though I'd give the edge to the 360.

2) It's the lead platform for The Beatles: Rock Band. That combined with the cheapness, I imagine anyone recommending it to them would recommend it for 360.

But the general public, when buying a game system, thinks Wii.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited September 2009

But the general public, when buying a game system, thinks Wii.

Or thought Wii.

I imagine that a lot of the same audience that this game is reaching already owns a Wii.

I think the Wii version will sell highest, no doubt.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Any sort of hardware bump will be impossible to figure out, as ODST also drops at the end of this month. I'm still not sure whether the Wii or 360 version will come out on top in terms of overall sales; like UnbreakableVow said, a huge chunk of the mainstream audience Beatles RB hits probably already own a Wii and some kind of Guitar Hero or Rock Band, but all of the marketing and demo setups have been squarely 360 focused. As in Microsoft's own PR people, not MTV's or Harmonix's, reaching out to publications and sites to pimp out the game.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Not really.

Actually, you'll end up spending more.

I already planned on buying both albums, so I may give the code to my brother.

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    RCagentRCagent Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I played both Guitar Hero 5 and The Beatles: Rock Band, and The Beatles just win so hard.

Few of the Guitar Hero 5 songs are songs I actually want to play over again and most of the songs seem like they are there just to be there, like Ring of Fire or Sympathy for the Devil. And these songs are very dull and boring to play.

The Beatles though, while it can be argued that its doing the same thing, I haven't played a song that was boring yet. It's like each song has atleast one awesome part for each instrument to look forward to. Oh and its the fucking Beatles of course.

RCagent on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sadly, I must wait on the Beatles goodness. I want to get the whole bundle, but I'm also looking to get it through a friend who works at Gamestop for a discount, and they're all sold out. I'm getting mine when they get another shipment, which hopefully wont be long? How long do you guys think it will be?

Endaro on
  • Options
    CellorifficCelloriffic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Saying it right now: Dear Prudence is the Freya of Beatles: Rock Band.

My hand doesn't want to move like this anymore! Stop making me play this riff!

PS: This game is incredible.

Celloriffic on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Saying it right now: Dear Prudence is the Freya of Beatles: Rock Band.

D:

Noooooooooooooooooo

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Zimfan, I don't see you posting.

I hope this means your either getting the game.

Don't let me down!

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm curious how well Beatles: Rock Band are going to sell.

I went out earlier to get some pants and stopped in Best Buy shortly after it opened. There were a ton of people there just for Beatles: Rock Band. I live in a pretty small city (about 50,000 people), and I saw 10 different people buying the bundle. The big, $250 bundle. Most of them were for Wii, the rest 360; I didn't see any PS3 people picking up the bundle (although a couple people in the PS3 aisle had the stand-alone game, so they probably already had instruments).

I picked up a copy of the new Past Masters for my brother ($12.99 for a 2-CD set, not bad), because I already nerded out and sold off a bunch of crap to get the horrendously overpriced Beatles boxes without going into debt or jeopardizing my finances. Because I'm a huge nerd. :rotate:

Norfair on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Norfair wrote: »
    I picked up a copy of the new Past Masters for my brother ($12.99 for a 2-CD set, not bad)

:shock:

Nice!

I have to pick that up this weekend, as well as a new copy of Abbey Road, mine is fucked.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't know about a shortage of guitar-only packages, but my local TrU didn't have any at all and didn't know if they would be getting any at any point. So I used the $30 gift card I got with the Batman game and just picked up the software-only. That's okay since I'm a bit light on cash and won't be getting any until the weekend, so I'll just set aside $110 and wait to find a Gretsch.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I went out earlier to get some pants and stopped in Best Buy shortly after it opened. There were a ton of people there just for Beatles: Rock Band. I live in a pretty small city (about 50,000 people), and I saw 10 different people buying the bundle. The big, $250 bundle. Most of them were for Wii, the rest 360; I didn't see any PS3 people picking up the bundle (although a couple people in the PS3 aisle had the stand-alone game, so they probably already had instruments).

I was getting worried about whether I'd have trouble finding RB:B after work today so I called my local EB to see how many copies they had and they said they haven't sold a single copy of it for PS3. Kinda shocked me after hearing reports about lineups and stuff... maybe it's just the PS3 version that's slow.

midgetspy on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My local Best Buy didn't have the Gretsch Duo Jet guitar (Harrison) package for the 360 but luckily another one close to my work did (and I'm going to hit it on a break soonish).

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    midgetspy wrote: »

I was getting worried about whether I'd have trouble finding RB:B after work today so I called my local EB to see how many copies they had and they said they haven't sold a single copy of it for PS3. Kinda shocked me after hearing reports about lineups and stuff... maybe it's just the PS3 version that's slow.

I thought you weren't getting the game...?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Was able to rent Beatles today. Played the first three chapters. I gotta say I love how the board looks. Fits the style perfectly. The tracking of the achievements is awesome too. Can't wait for the wife to get home and play the shit out of this thing.

Everything about this game just oozes style.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    Monolithic_DomeMonolithic_Dome Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    midgetspy wrote: »

I thought you weren't getting the game...?

Whoa... wait a second... I thought that Beatles RB was going to be time-exclusive for the 360

(googles...)

Hey. That might change my weekend plans just a little bit.

Monolithic_Dome on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man. Hm. Man.

Maybe I will pick this up. I really wish it was cross-compatible with RB2... but I like the Beatles a lot...

Also: Is a guitar + game pack cheaper than buying this game and a RB2 guitar/split-strum bass?

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm really surprised at so many people commenting here that did not pre-order. This is going to be THE big game of the season and perhaps all the way through the Holidays.

I can't wait to get done with work and go pick up my pre-ordered copy. Blood will be spilt if for some crazy reason they don't have it.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    A shame they didn't put more post-song animations. They all keep bowing the exact same way after a song.

and who lied about the 45th song being "Hey, Jude"?

I am going to murder you

edit: it was you, Kor

pistols at dawn, good sir

MrDelish on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    El Guaco wrote: »
    I'm really surprised at so many people commenting here that did not pre-order.
    But notice how they all got the game anyway? That's why.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    MrDelish wrote: »
    A shame they didn't put more post-song animations. They all keep bowing the exact same way after a song.

I am going to murder you

It was mxmarks.

I've been planning on how to do it since I found out. :x

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    David_T wrote: »

Lucky them. I've been burned often enough that for a game I really want I don't take chances.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Beatles: RB will sell like crazy, its even more of a gateway to the genre than regular RB.

Its all over the news in the UK and even all of my non gaming friends want to play.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Monolithic_DomeMonolithic_Dome Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    David_T wrote: »

Lucky them. I've been burned often enough that for a game I really want I don't take chances.

Every time this starts I hear the vultures from Jungle Book in my head:

"Now don't start that again"

Monolithic_Dome on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh God, the animations at the end of "Hello Goodbye" are so fantastic, they brought a smile to my face. :D

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I am going to murder you

It was mxmarks.

Seriously. Of all the DLC they have planned, I'm surprised that this song is being overlooked.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I am going to murder you

It was mxmarks.

Seriously. Of all the DLC they have planned, I'm surprised that this song is being overlooked.

I love the song but I can see why, it's not very "band" oriented. I'd imagine they will release it eventually though.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    GameFly shipped it today, I just hit "Keep It" at $39.09 for the brand new copy.

Allforce on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I am going to murder you

It was mxmarks.

I love the song but I can see why, it's not very "band" oriented. I'd imagine they will release it eventually though.

Actually, it was me, and it wasn't a lie. I told you guys that Gamestop TV (that shitty program that runs in the gamestop stores) announced that the 45th song was Hey Jude. I also said it was Gamestop TV, so don't take it as a fact.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The vocals are a lot tighter than I expected on some songs.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Kor wrote: »

I am going to murder you

It was mxmarks.

Actually, it was me, and it wasn't a lie. I told you guys that Gamestop TV (that shitty program that runs in the gamestop stores) announced that the 45th song was Hey Jude. I also said it was Gamestop TV, so don't take it as a fact.

New plan:

Murder GameStop.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I found a cheap used copy of Eternal Darkness at a Gamestop yesterday.

That's... that's all I've got.

glithert on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Allforce wrote: »
    GameFly shipped it today, I just hit "Keep It" at $39.09 for the brand new copy.

No case or manual?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Allforce wrote: »

No case or manual?

When you keep it like that they send you the case and manual.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png