As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

s1ckh4ndsb4ss & cloudeagle appreciation thread

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    "All You Need is Love" is fucking win. Love how the vocals are charted at the end.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You get to sing the bit from "She Loves You"?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    midgetspy wrote: »
    Norfair wrote: »
    I'm curious how well Beatles: Rock Band are going to sell.

I went out earlier to get some pants and stopped in Best Buy shortly after it opened. There were a ton of people there just for Beatles: Rock Band. I live in a pretty small city (about 50,000 people), and I saw 10 different people buying the bundle. The big, $250 bundle. Most of them were for Wii, the rest 360; I didn't see any PS3 people picking up the bundle (although a couple people in the PS3 aisle had the stand-alone game, so they probably already had instruments).

I was getting worried about whether I'd have trouble finding RB:B after work today so I called my local EB to see how many copies they had and they said they haven't sold a single copy of it for PS3. Kinda shocked me after hearing reports about lineups and stuff... maybe it's just the PS3 version that's slow.

I thought you weren't getting the game...?

Well I wasn't really decided but some friends were excited to play it today so I figured I'd pick it up... I'm sure I won't dislike it, I'm just not particularly stoked about it. LEGO RB, on the other hand... I should go preorder that one.

midgetspy on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    So, apparently Lennon/McCartney say stuff like "take two" and "take three" if you restart the song.

Nice little touch.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    "Here Comes the Sun" for Guitar Notechart of the Year '09

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have never heard Good Morning Good Morning before.

That is a fucking awesome song.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Heard it first time in-game?

I'm hoping a lot of people have those experiences.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    IrishmanIrishman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So, I go to plug in B:RB for the first time and proceed to rock, when the worst thing happens. Well, not technically the worst (RRoD).

For whatever reason, my TV isn't recognizing the 'Video' part of the A/V cord. I can hear B:RB. I was just wondering why my cord decided to wuss out? I was playing Halo yesterday night. I tried two TV's just in case so it is the cord. Buzzkill.

Anyways, my local radio station is playing all Beatles today and keep plugging the game. It's a good day to be a Beatles fan.

Irishman on
  • Options
    temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm sick of getting shafted by MS points. I really want to pick up all you need is love, but I've been planning on buying shadow complex also. I have 800 points and if I buy the 500 points pack I'll only have 100 left, and the song is 120. Pretty much I have to spend 10$ or whatever it is for the 20 points I need. Then I'll be short for whatever I want to buy with the leftover points I have, and the cycle continues.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh God, the animations at the end of "Hello Goodbye" are so fantastic, they brought a smile to my face. :D

I giggled like an idiot at them dancing.

As a side note, I'm slightly disappointed by I Am the Walrus' dreamscape. I was expecting mindfuck central. The ending of it was good but the rest just seemed really plain, especially when you compare it to the I Am the Walrus portion of the intro.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm sick of getting shafted by MS points. I really want to pick up all you need is love, but I've been planning on buying shadow complex also. I have 800 points and if I buy the 500 points pack I'll only have 100 left, and the song is 120. Pretty much I have to spend 10$ or whatever it is for the 20 points I need. Then I'll be short for whatever I want to buy with the leftover points I have, and the cycle continues.

You can purchase Xbox Arcade games through Amazon.com's handy Xbox Live store, if you don't want to have to deal with goofy leftover point amounts.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Or you could just go to Amazon.com and buy a code for Shadow Complex for $15 like I did, and just have 800 points still.

And "All You Need Is Love" is 160 points.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Irishman wrote: »
    So, I go to plug in B:RB for the first time and proceed to rock, when the worst thing happens. Well, not technically the worst (RRoD).

For whatever reason, my TV isn't recognizing the 'Video' part of the A/V cord. I can hear B:RB. I was just wondering why my cord decided to wuss out? I was playing Halo yesterday night. I tried two TV's just in case so it is the cord. Buzzkill.

Anyways, my local radio station is playing all Beatles today and keep plugging the game. It's a good day to be a Beatles fan.

Are you using the combo cable? Is the switch on the wrong setting?

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Had to stop playing to eat and let my voice rest. There'll be a few people who want to do Story mode later tonight, that I know of.

Vocals-wise, I had a blast and I'll reiterate that even the songs I knew made it hard for me to FC. In fact, I haven't FC'ed anything. I will later today though.

Arikado on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wow - after 3 hours of playing, I come back to find murder threats?

That's not the spirit of peace and love I find in this game, gents.

Thank you Kor, for saving me. I would have never heard the angry mob coming, with just discovering the awesomeness of "Hey Bulldog", that song that has "Bird Can Sing" in the title, and finally cranking "Helter Skelter".

This game has exceeded all my expectations. And the Christmas record - hearing John Lennon talk like that clearly and crisply and naturally - was kind of eerie in a very very cool way.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    One thing I really can't wait to do is try the "Realistic" mode that makes the crowd noises appropriately loud.

That's one of those features that I just wouldn't have even thought they would include, but love the idea.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    And Your Bird Can Sing was the song that I played on the larger B:RB set at the HMX booth at PAX. I don't think many people did that. :)

Anyways, today is like the best day ever. I lined up some solid work, and picked up B:RB? The only thing left to do is actually play it!

Also, I predict this game won't be a huge seller at the gamestops and whatnot. More likely to move copies in the big box type stores. I think there'll be a pretty decent initial shipment sale, then it'll go slow burn for the whole Christmas season.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Would have preferred the Gretsch, but the Rickenbaker has some nice chrome details and works every bit as well as a RB Strat.

....no, I haven't played the game yet, just regular Rock Band. The fiancee has threatened to murder me if I start before she gets home. :(

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    And Your Bird Can Sing was the song that I played on the larger B:RB set at the HMX booth at PAX. I don't think many people did that. :)

Anyways, today is like the best day ever. I lined up some solid work, and picked up B:RB? The only thing left to do is actually play it!

Also, I predict this game won't be a huge seller at the gamestops and whatnot. More likely to move copies in the big box type stores. I think there'll be a pretty decent initial shipment sale, then it'll go slow burn for the whole Christmas season.

I agree, this is going to sell huge, mostly because of the sales in places you wouldn't expect. The HMX team was in studio selling this on QVC a week or two back. Those are the places that you and I may not think of for buying games, but it will hit the target market perfectly.

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yay, just got back from Best Buy with my Beatles game from my preorder. I also picked up the new Phish cd and the Zappa Plays Zappa dvd (finally).

I'm not going to play it quite yet, for reasons yet to be revealed, but I'll get to it tonight after dinner.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I have no idea what happened, but I Want You (Shes So Heavy) is WEIRD.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I have no idea what happened, but I Want You (Shes So Heavy) is WEIRD.

yeah I thought something broke when it suddenly cut out on me at the end.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wait, is there Beatles DLC already available? I thought I heard it wasn't going to be there until October.

Oh wait, maybe what I'm remembering is the Abbey Road album DLC. I'll have to check in a minute.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Holy shit the ending video after story mode is fuckawesome.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    HoundxHoundx Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Eh, not being able to integrate this with the rest of my Rock Band material pretty much means I'll just borrow it from someone else when they get bored with it, play through it once and then be done with it. Seriously, I don't want more than one music game. I love RB2 because everything is accessible in one place. If RB3 drops the ball on that? I'll skip it too.

tl;dr - any Lego Rock Band news?

Houndx on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The credits.

They don't end.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I really do hope the fast and fluid menus carry over to RB3.

Arikado on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Got it and playing through now. I have to say the changed scroll speed messed me up

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, the advertising for RB:B has been crazy, I've been seeing adverts pretty much everywhere, someone in my family was watching one of the shopping channels while they had it on there, I've seen it on VH1 and the like, even newspapers are really pushing it as a family-friendly fun game.

Harmonix are going to get some serious sales out of this.

Biosys on
  • Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Damn, waiting on my copy to get here from Best Buy's site is murder.

JyrenB on
    osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Biosys wrote: »
    Man, the advertising for RB:B has been crazy, I've been seeing adverts pretty much everywhere, someone in my family was watching one of the shopping channels while they had it on there, I've seen it on VH1 and the like, even newspapers are really pushing it as a family-friendly fun game.

Harmonix are going to get some serious sales out of this.

Anecdotally, it's madness. I've had friends posting Facebook status updates about the game that I had no idea were into Rock Band.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ran to Best Buy and picked this up along with the Gretsch since my guitars have been wonky lately. I didn't realize it didn't come included like old versions so that's an extra 60 bucks... didn't really hesitate though.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Homestar GunnerHomestar Gunner Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There's word that somewhere out there this game is selling out.

Wow.
    JC of DI wrote: »
    One thing I really can't wait to do is try the "Realistic" mode that makes the crowd noises appropriately loud.

That's one of those features that I just wouldn't have even thought they would include, but love the idea.

I'm doing that on my first playthrough. I can barely hear the music. It's great.

Homestar Gunner on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That should make me sad because I don't have it yet, but on the other hand I don't want to live in a world where Harmonix games are not ridiculously popular.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There's word that somewhere out there this game is selling out.

the guy at my local gamestop told me they were already sold out of their copies. (I was there about 90 minutes after they opened)

it's possible it was a subtle "keep on preordering things" comment, but it seemed like sincere conversation

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PantsB wrote: »
    Ran to Best Buy and picked this up along with the Gretsch since my guitars have been wonky lately. I didn't realize it didn't come included like old versions so that's an extra 60 bucks... didn't really hesitate though.

Wait, so when you buy the guitar for 100$ the game isn't even included? I did not know this, guess I won't be buying a guitar "bundle" after all.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm going halfsies with a friend on a copy of Lips to cannibalize it for the two mics, so I'll be grabbing a second wireless mic in a week or so. The Lips mic still doesn't work with RB2 yet, though, correct?

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Need mic stand badly.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    HMXSean wrote:
    Hey everybody,

Hope you are enjoying The Beatles: Rock Band (or will be soon). I wanted to give two clarifications that may be important to you so as to avoid crazed speculation, conspiracy theories, or other somesuch.

FIRST- Our new guitars have an adjustment to their firmware. What does this mean? It means that you need to hold the start button/navigation button down for a little while to make it function. Why is this good? No more butter fingers accidentally pausing the game or bringing up the console navigation thing and stopping the music with their floundering. A win for all!

SECOND - Yes there is a code on the back of the manual. It doesn't do anything. It is our habit to serialize all our games like this.

I hope you all are really enjoying the game and I am wicked pleased to have it out in the world now. If you have any pictures of parties or waiting in line or any other fun make sure to tweet them to @rockband or post links on the forums. We'd love to see!

Arikado on
  • Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anyone who has a Microcenter in your area. They are selling this for $39.99 for all systems.

Just got home with my copy.

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg