As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Information and FAQ (OLD THREAD)

• Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, there wasn't really a clear answer, but do i need to get the name on the will call changed from my brother's to mine, or should i be good?

Nephirij on
  • Options
    SpiraUnitedSpiraUnited Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    A friend of mine bailed at the last minute and another ended up taking his place. We're Canadian, so we have to pick up our badges at the Hyatt because we've only got out barcodes. The original guy has the ticket bought in his name, so we're wondering what's required on the photocopied ID so that my new travelling companion can pick it up and use it.

SpiraUnited on
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Anyone know how the entry into the Queue room in the morning is gonna be handled? Certain escalators, or elevator or from the parking garage?

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That is correct - Enforcer applications have been closed for some time.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    Xtian80Xtian80 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So on the registration page it has the days and times, and I'm prety sure that they just added Thursday from 12pm to 11pm on that list. At least I haven't seen it before. Anyone know what that's about?

Xtian80 on
  • Options
    KarickKarick Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just looked at the registration page and it looks same as always. I do not see anything about Thursday from 12 to 11.

Karick on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sorry it's on the Schedule page http://www.paxsite.com/schedule.php

Xtian80 on
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    the previous text says:

Registration Schedule
    If you are picking up your badge, you will find Registration at the Grand Hyatt Hotel on 7th and Pine. The hours are:

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That is the hours for will call @ the Hyatt

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    murtemurte Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Pre pickup. Maybe they just wanna hang out? hehe

murte on
    PAX Prime 2011
    (+) PAX Prime 3-day - In my hands!
    (+) PAX Dev 2-day - READY
    (+) BYOC - READY
    (+) Hotel - READY
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ok cool that's what I thought it was, but I wasn't sure if I missed something. Didn't want to miss part of PAX you know, just cuz I didn't ask a stupid question, LOL

Xtian80 on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Anyone know how the entry into the Queue room in the morning is gonna be handled? Certain escalators, or elevator or from the parking garage?

Go up to the 4th floor through whatever means are available (there are both elevators *AND* esclators)
    Walk through doors of the huge glass wall
    Walk into queue room

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    BigRed wrote: »

Go up to the 4th floor through whatever means are available (there are both elevators *AND* esclators)
    Walk into queue room

Mmm I love simple.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Walk into queue room

Where's the "make a mad dash for the expo hall before getting tackled by BigRed then thrown out of the WSTCC through the skybridge windows" step?

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Where's the "make a mad dash for the expo hall before getting tackled by BigRed then thrown out of the WSTCC through the skybridge windows" step?

Your questions intrigues me... I wish to subscribe to your newsletter :P

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    whypick1 wrote: »

Walk into queue room

Those windows are too thick to break with a human body, ill just throw you off of freeway park.

I-5 moves faster than Pike street traffic anyway :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Those windows are too thick to break with a human body

Sounds like you're not trying hard enough...
    ill just throw you off of freeway park.

I-5 moves faster than Pike street traffic anyway :P

...but you make an excellent point.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How many hugs does it take to get to the center of BigRed's anger?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How many hugs does it take to get to the center of BigRed's anger?

That sir, is a trick question.

He isn't angry.

he's seething with hatred for the human race.

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    important question for people who were there in 08: IS THERE FREE WI-FI?

thespiffyneostar on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    There was last year

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    With 75,000 people, the free Wifi could get swamped.... if you really need internet access, there are plenty of coffeeshops in the area where the Wifi is included with your cup of coffee.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    or you could hit up PC freeplay

BigRed on
  • Options
    mag2009mag2009 Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Anyone with any information about this, please reply:

"My friends and I signed up for the Playstation.blog MAG Meetup held on Friday, September 4 at W Hotel from 6PM-9PM. The MAG meetup tickets were free but it did not state if a PAX badge was required or not. Please reply via email at your earliest convenience. Thanks!"

mag2009 on
  • Options
    mag2009mag2009 Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Anyone with any information about this, please reply:

"My friends and I signed up for the Playstation.blog MAG Meetup held on Friday, September 4 at W Hotel from 6PM-9PM. The MAG meetup tickets were free but it did not state if a PAX badge was required or not. Please reply via email at your earliest convenience. Thanks!"

mag2009 on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have no direct knowledge, and direct knowledge seems to be what you're asking for . . . sorry . . . but in my experience even unofficial PAX-related events, parties, etc. do indeed check for current year PAX badges.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    BabbleBabble Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Are wristbands being handed out again for concerts this year? If so are they being used for anything other then getting into a concert?

Thanks!

Babble on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Babble wrote: »
    Are wristbands being handed out again for concerts this year? If so are they being used for anything other then getting into a concert?

Thanks!

Yes. No.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Eric8056Eric8056 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yes i forgot to pre - order my ticket... so now i got stuck paying a high price to get one last minute but i got the 3 day pass, so now the question is.. since i bought the pass from someone am i going to have any difficulties getting into pax being that the person who pre - ordered these tickets are currently not going and i purchased them from him? or am i all good to go once i got the badges?? thanks

Eric8056 on
  • Options
    ReverendJynxedReverendJynxed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yep, get the badge and you're in.

ReverendJynxed on
  • Options
    artearte Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, PAX is less than a week away and I still haven't have my badge mailed to me. Should I be concerned? I'm thinking I may call on Monday and ask. For the record, I DID order before the 15th.

arte on
  • Options
    AverageToasterAverageToaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yep, get the badge and you're in.

I just got my badge in the mail form a guy i bought it from so i just need to show that at the door and im good?

AverageToaster on
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yes, once you have the badge you're good - they are not tied to any specific person. You will get a Lanyard in the bag handed to you when you get in line, you just have to be wearing the badge to be admitted into the exhibit hall or any panel.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    Shifty_Shifty_ Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    so when i went to go print out my tickets, my printer decided to crap out on me and so in the process of trying to fix my printer, my computer crashed and i don't have a way of re-printing my ticket... and i won't have the physical card on hand that i used to buy my PAX ticket with because somebody gave me the info for a $50 prepaid card that i paid for my ticket with... and didn't send the card so is there any way to redeem my ticket still? =/

Shifty_ on
  • Options
    nanaki254nanaki254 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Heyy shifty (from the clan i'm assuming)

Can you print your email confirmation from a library or somewhere (I don't remember if they had it in the email or not; it was a while since I printed mine)?

Do you still have that prepaid card? maybe you can show that?

nanaki254 on
    My clan: www.killazinc.net
    I sub music: My Youtube
  • Options
    talkingparrottalkingparrot Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That PAX might open up new tickets? I am really upset that I didn't buy my tickets online first. This is a real heart breaker for me this year. Is there anyway they could possibly open up more tickets?

talkingparrot on
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    No. Khoo or one of the official said that they can't print anymore because the fire capacity for the center is 75000 or something around that.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    talkingparrottalkingparrot Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    :(. I already posted in the need one thread, here's to hoping a good soul helps me out :(.

talkingparrot on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    mavrick88 wrote: »
    No. Khoo or one of the official said that they can't print anymore because the fire capacity for the center is 75000 or something around that.

The capacity is more then that but they indeed have reached the limit set to them by the fire chief.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    75,000 was just 3-day passes (although I'm think that's a turnstyle count). You also have to factor in the number of single day passes sold.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.