Options

[CAKE ON] Fat Princess: Cake Ninjas....vs PIRATES?

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Xaviar wrote: »
    Add me to the list o' names: Xaviar357

Also, I've accidentally blown up my own door trying to take down the ladders. Is there an easier way to do this?

Worker or Warrior Melee attacks. I haven't tried much with the Warrior, but a Worker's Axe seems to -tear- constructs (Doors, springs, ladders, etc.) the hell up. Worker's bombs might work too, but they're too inaccurate when you're not actually locked on.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

Also, I've accidentally blown up my own door trying to take down the ladders. Is there an easier way to do this?

Worker or Warrior Melee attacks. I haven't tried much with the Warrior, but a Worker's Axe seems to -tear- constructs (Doors, springs, ladders, etc.) the hell up. Worker's bombs might work too, but they're too inaccurate when you're not actually locked on.

Must be doing it wrong. Couldn't lock on to the ladder, and my axe just kind of passed right through it without so much as a scratch.

X_X

I'll just leave the ladder-taking-down to the professionals, I guess :wink:

Xaviar on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

Must be doing it wrong. Couldn't lock on to the ladder, and my axe just kind of passed right through it without so much as a scratch.

X_X

I'll just leave the ladder-taking-down to the professionals, I guess :wink:

Well, it is a bit funky; you can't lock-on to the ladders, but being next to it with a charged up attack and letting loose (If you're pointed at it) generally hits. But it can be wonky sometimes!

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Picked this up the other night cause I was bored, after playing a few matches online I love it. I get the same feel I get when I'm playing TF2. I just love team based games where you do actually have to work together

So anyone playing tonight? I want to play with a PA crew now and have some real fun :D

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    JimmyNavioJimmyNavio Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Picked this up the other night cause I was bored, after playing a few matches online I love it. I get the same feel I get when I'm playing TF2. I just love team based games where you do actually have to work together

So anyone playing tonight? I want to play with a PA crew now and have some real fun :D

I should be on tonight either right before or right after Wipeout. And if you want "some REAL fun" make sure you look into a bluetooth headset if you don't have one already. It's infinitely more fun when you can actually plan your defences/attacks with your teammates.

JimmyNavio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I will be on sometime this evening (PST)

And yes, having a headset makes a world of difference.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I ordered a official Sony headset, so i'll be able to talk again soon. I play this when I get a chance, but with my work hours i'm usually on super late.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ugh. Not so great games today for me.

Three times, I jump into games the -second- before the team I'm thrown on loses.

THREE TIMES.

Much earlier, I played, and lag was making it unbearable. (I kind of liked it before the patch; I have shitty internet so at least I was on a level playing field then.) But it's only acted up like that once or twice, nothing to be annoyed with.

Then in one of the games, it was me and three other people with the rest bots against a team full of people.

Apparently, in that situation, if you go into the enemy castle and start killing dudes (Hoping your teammates will follow and grab the princess), you get kicked. o_O I guess the host was on that team.

I find that my enjoyment with the game drastically changes on a day-to-day basis. But the times that are good make it worth it more than the bad times make me hate it. I just wish there were less bad times.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I can't get my headset to work right. The PS3 recognizes that it's connected, but pushing R2 just makes an X appear above my head and none of the other chat is coming through the headset.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also I vote we try and coordinate a time for everyone to get on.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Second.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TheStig wrote: »

Second.

Third, although I won't be on again until us lot over this side of the Atlantic get the patch; over a second of lag is not fun.

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    10 PM EST all right, or do we need to start later for the west coast folks?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    10 PM EST all right, or do we need to start later for the west coast folks?

Sounds good to me.

TheStig on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What a novel concept! So what times are people available to play?

Since I'm on the West Coast, I'm usually not available until at least 8:30-9:00pm EST.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    10pm EST sounds doable for me. I have a headset and will be on barring aliens, king of England coming into my house and pushing me around, or I get drunk and pass out.

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What's your PSN? You're not on the list.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Speaking of the list about 50% of them have failed to accept my invitation, maybe we should start a new list of people who still play/actually got the game?

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    K1ng_Awesome

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
  • Options
    JimmyNavioJimmyNavio Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am jumping on right now. I'm on the fat list. add me and lets play.

JimmyNavio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm jumping on right now too. I'm on the Fat List and my PSN is also in my sig. Lets rock this shit!

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    bleh, i forgot about class tonight. I'll be on at 8ish pst.

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, can't make it tonight after all. Oh well :/

Tomorrow I should be good to go though.

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
  • Options
    NovembersChopinNovembersChopin Las VegasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'll be making my purchase tonight...

NovembersChopin on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    JimmyNavio and I have been having good times. Where is everyone?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    JimmyNavio and I have been having good times. Where is everyone?

getting on now.

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, I just got off, it's bed time. To everyone who came, thanks, that was an awesome time!

God, that match when our (blue) princess vanished for like 30 minutes? Intense!

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hey another griefer! Guy hand-delivered our princess to the other team. That was nice of him!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    That was the dude who kept running into their base alone and bitching when no one helped him capture the princess. His total score was like 90 when the match ended.

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Moar Cake? More Patches!

It's going to try to Address the Scoreboards, The Disappearing Princesses(!), and The Warrior's Need of a Buff(!!).
    Hello intrepid Fat Princess fans. I am happy to report that we have found the issue related to trophies, stats and scoreboards. Not only did we find it, but we think we have it fixed. This is thanks to detailed bug information provided by many players – but especially Boko577. Boko, by the way, is ranked number one in Warrior Gladiate. Fear him. No word on timing of a fix, but we’ve got it, we’ll test it, and roll it into a future update.

Speaking of Scoreboards

As all but 1,000 of you are no doubt aware, the scoreboards are currently limited to the top 1,000 players. We are working with Sony to have this cap removed, so all players can see their score. Just to give fair warning, this will happen with a future update and when it does, all scores will be reset to zero. This will allow all players to be on the boards and in the race. BEFORE ANYONE FREAKS OUT: We are working on a way of doing this that will allow you to retain your unlocked Get Fabulous options. K, NOW FREAK OUT.

To the top 1,000 – You rock. We’re sorry we have to do this, but we’re confident that you’ll recapture your rightful place at the top.

To everyone else – Those cheating bastard AoE exploiters will now be in your sights. Crush them.

Just a little humor folks… Thanks in advance for seeing this as an opportunity to legitimately prove your skillz. No word on timing yet.

Disappearing Princess

We need your help! We’re unable to actively reproduce the disappearing princess bug. If we can’t reproduce it, we can’t fix it. Yes, we’ve all experienced it, and we think it usually involves the catapult or destructible walls, and it may not happen unless the host has migrated. Unfortunately, this is one of those things that requires a wicked cocktail of factors in order to manifest, and (usually) fortunately, in the safe, protected confines of the Titan Studios world HQ, said wicked cocktail does not exist.

Senseless rhetoric aside, we would like to appeal to you, the community to help us track her down. If you are in a game, and the princess disappears, we would greatly appreciate it if you could take a photo or screen grab of the mini-map, the score board, and the location on the map where she is supposed to be, including the UI, describe the circumstances under which it happened, and send it all to:

FatPrincess@TitanStudios.com

Please write a Fat Princess is Missing subject line. Feel free to be clever. Anyway – the person or people that give us the info that help us track her down will get special mention. Maybe something more.

Warrior Tweak

With the noted exception of Boko577, the warrior is not quite crushing enemies as much as we’d like. There’s been a lot of discussion and consideration, and we’ve decided to tweak the warrior a bit to restore her (or his! – see how PC that was?) glory in the Fat Princess ecosystem. We’ll detail the changes at a later date. No word on timing.

Sony Europe Patch

Word ’round the campfire: Coming very soon…!

I was going to say that it's nice to know they have a Sense of Humor, but then I remembered the game in question and, well, I think we all know they do. :P

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Developers that patch their games in a timely manner are awesome.
    I was just starting to enjoy the warrior online too, nice to see that they will get a buff. I think they're great except when your enemy decides to run from you and there is nothing you can do about it. It kinda reminds me of Asheron's call when it first came out.

TheStig on
  • Options
    ClayburnClayburn Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    throw me on the list o' names got this the other day, and its a blast.

PSN: Caerus

Clayburn on
    clayburn.png
    PS3 FriendNameThing: Caerus | Steam: clayburnp
    "He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...For when you gaze into the Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you."
    "Ónen i-Estel mellyn, ú-chebin estel anim"
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Developers that patch their games in a timely manner are awesome.

Pretty much this. These guys are obviously dedicated to the game, and there's nothing nicer than that.

Also, I think we need to change the thread title to "Fat Princess is Missing!" (or [Fat Princess] is missing!).

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    PartialartistPartialartist Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I would be down for some chubby chasin'.

PSN: TheIdiomatic

Partialartist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]PSN : TheIdiomatic
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Patch is up in Europe.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Anyone up for a game sometime? (preferably after 6 PM PST)

I wish more players would use their damn headset or buy one.

NovembersChopin on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So I was playing last night on that map with only 1 path to the other castle, black forest I think and dudes kept coming to our base with bombs to blow up the well. We got pretty sick of it so me and this guy played defense, I was ice mage and he was worker. I would put out the bombs with nova then he would dispose of them and do any repairs or ladder chopping needed. It's also a great combo for slowing people up and bombing their face too :P

edit: I'll be on november. I was using my headset before but I just found out last night that you actually have to press a button to make it work :/

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So I was playing last night on that map with only 1 path to the other castle, black forest I think and dudes kept coming to our base with bombs to blow up the well. We got pretty sick of it so me and this guy played defense, I was ice mage and he was worker. I would put out the bombs with nova then he would dispose of them and do any repairs or ladder chopping needed. It's also a great combo for slowing people up and bombing their face too :P

edit: I'll be on november. I was using my headset before but I just found out last night that you actually have to press a button to make it work :/

Yeah, I meant just all the random players I've come across. It's boring when you have a full room and no one
    is communicating at all.

NovembersChopin on
  • Options
    pheknophekno Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So are PA people still playing? It seems like I logon to play some games and no one on my friends list is playing.

Also, after realizing that none of the people on my friends list are playing, I just jump in to a game. This, however, never works, despite the new patch. I'm not sure what's going on.

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    phekno wrote: »
    So are PA people still playing? It seems like I logon to play some games and no one on my friends list is playing.

Also, after realizing that none of the people on my friends list are playing, I just jump in to a game. This, however, never works, despite the new patch. I'm not sure what's going on.

Last night seemed pretty bad for the network, in general. I know that the game hosts each game locally (which can be bad for everyone if the host is on a shitty connection), but it seemed to take FOREVER to join games last night, and then even in games, I kept getting the snail in the corner, which I assume means I am lagging.

I also figured out that if you stand still near a tower, you recover life. Pretty quickly, too.

DietarySupplement on