Options

[CAKE ON] Fat Princess: Cake Ninjas....vs PIRATES?

• Options
    JimmyNavioJimmyNavio Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Who is up for a night of chubby chasing on Saturday? We can start say... around 8pm-ish EST? Who is with me?

I'm not sure about Saturday night, but I am definitely going to be on tonight. I have some friends coming over who have been wanting to check out the game, so it should be fun times. I'll try to get on tomorrow as well, but the wife may have other plans for me since I have been out of town for the last couple days... :winky:

JimmyNavio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pheknophekno Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to try to play tonight. You PA people better be on. I was in an awful game last night and lost a ton of games before finally winning a match.

Just wondering, how do the ranks work? When I started last night I was Ensign (I think) and now I have no rank. In the past I've noticed it going up and down. Is it related to the number of games you've won vs. number you've lost? I thought it was just related to how many total points you had accumulated over your career.

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    phekno wrote: »
    I'm going to try to play tonight. You PA people better be on. I was in an awful game last night and lost a ton of games before finally winning a match.

Just wondering, how do the ranks work? When I started last night I was Ensign (I think) and now I have no rank. In the past I've noticed it going up and down. Is it related to the number of games you've won vs. number you've lost? I thought it was just related to how many total points you had accumulated over your career.

I was in that game with you; we did get rolled, didn't we?

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Yeah, but didn't you switch to the other side (i.e. opposite me) that was kicking my ass?

traitor

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Yeah, but didn't you switch to the other side (i.e. opposite me) that was kicking my ass?

traitor

I was on your team for the first couple games, at least. I tried to work with/around you when I wasn't trying to collect resources.

I almost always play a worker, and on that lava map people just didn't care a whit about trying to control the metal node. I can only die, oh, say 200+ times before I switch to a team that actually tries to control that stuff.

I regret nothing!

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I tend to play the worker till most things are upgraded...even then I tend to charge in as a worker with bombs.

::edit:: Also, why did I turn in to a giant chicken? Did I do bad?

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I tend to play the worker till most things are upgraded...even then I tend to charge in as a worker with bombs.

Isn't that for the person with the worst score?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    TheStig wrote: »

I thought it was for the person on the losing team with the best score (i.e. the opposite of the grim reaper). But I could be wrong. I think I've had it once and that might have been in the days when I was "good" at this game. I'm still not back in my groove after a week or two break.

Also, Dietary, I was trying to gain control of that middle node, but seeing as how I play mage, and had absolutely no backup whatsoever, I didn't get very far.

Still...good fun!

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I lost my charger to my BTH, so I couldn't yell and scream at everyone. Seriously, that was one of the least coordinated games I've participated in.

Next time, you can be my wingman.
    topgun2.jpg

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TheStig wrote: »

I thought it was for the person on the losing team with the best score (i.e. the opposite of the grim reaper). But I could be wrong. I think I've had it once and that might have been in the days when I was "good" at this game. I'm still not back in my groove after a week or two break.

Also, Dietary, I was trying to gain control of that middle node, but seeing as how I play mage, and had absolutely no backup whatsoever, I didn't get very far.

Still...good fun!

Basicly it means your the best player on the server with the worst team. First place but lost always sucks. Intrestingly enough if you managed to get killed by the other team you will drop rainbow eggs that when picked up will turn them into reapers.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I lost my charger to my BTH, so I couldn't yell and scream at everyone. Seriously, that was one of the least coordinated games I've participated in.

Next time, you can be my wingman.
    topgun2.jpg

LOL! I almost fell off my chair reading this.

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So supposedly they found and fixed the missing princess bug, patch is in the works:

http://titanstudios.com/blog/2009/08/extra-extra-missing-princess-found/

One of my roommates has been hogging all our bandwidth lately, so I haven't been able to do much if any MP gaming in the last few days. Time to throttle things back a bit so I can get in and play with you all :mrgreen:

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Excellent news about that bug fix. Single most annoying issue I've had with the game!

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    So we've got Ninjas, and Pirates. Ok, on some weird, awesome level those make sense. But now we have...

CHEFS???
    FatPrincessCook.png

All I have to say is WTF Titan. I really want to see where they're going with all of this.

Side note: I won't be able to play this weekend (going out of town), but you guys should get a game going sometime this weekend.
    There are princesses to feed....don't neglect your fatties!

My guess: The chef's going to be a support class that can bake cake.

Which is good, because outside of one or two maps it's a bitch and a half to keep the princess at any level of fatness.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Awesome news about that patch. That Missing Hat thing is even worse than the Missing Princess so it's good that it'll fix that as well. I remember the match I was in where we lost our worker hat. We kept having to jump into the enemy base and grab theirs. Barbaric.

Anyways, just before the Princess Glitch post, we have our latest picture:

FatPrincessKing.png

Hail to the King, baby.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    One more class and they'll have double what they do now.

So I guess that they're going to release new maps with a different set of hat machines?

Good games last night carbonfire. That priest that you guys had on defense was fucking brutal.

I wish I didn't suck with the ranger so much. I think I'd have fun with the class if I wasn't dying constantly.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm game for this when you guys are. I'm a mad priest or archer :)

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    One more class and they'll have double what they do now.

So I guess that they're going to release new maps with a different set of hat machines?

Good games last night carbonfire. That priest that you guys had on defense was fucking brutal.

I wish I didn't suck with the ranger so much. I think I'd have fun with the class if I wasn't dying constantly.

That was ME :mrgreen: It was a good game, though unfortunately, it was all for naught, because we just had too many bots / idle players.

I'm thinking they must be planning a new mode as well, with all these new classes, I can't see how they'd integrate it into the current game.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    In fairness we had a good bit of idle players too. We had a guy that spent the entire game as a villager, standing on the throne and slapping over and over again.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    There's only one other person playing tonight?! Where are you people?

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    There's only one other person playing tonight?! Where are you people?

I'll be on in a few, finishing up some homework.

TheStig on
  • Options
    RaiekRaiek Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just recently discovered Fat Princess and I'm really enjoying it so far. Would love to play a few matches with the PA folk sometime. Since it's always been my MMO role, I think I'm going to work on learning to play the priest really well and dabble with the other classes occasionally.

My PSN is the same as my forum name here: Raiek.

I haven't gotten around to picking up a headset yet for my PS3. May make that a priority soon.

Raiek on
  • Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I actually haven't been paying attention to this thread but I've been loving this game. Freaking dead online right now.

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
  • Options
    RaiekRaiek Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Scrublet wrote: »
    I actually haven't been paying attention to this thread but I've been loving this game. Freaking dead online right now.

I'm actually attempting to join an online game for the first time right now without any luck. I did the story mode just to get familiar with the game and feel ready to do some actual multiplayer. However, every time I get to the "connecting to host" step of joining a match, it times out. This a common thing?

Raiek on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Raiek wrote: »

I'm actually attempting to join an online game for the first time right now without any luck. I did the story mode just to get familiar with the game and feel ready to do some actual multiplayer. However, every time I get to the "connecting to host" step of joining a match, it times out. This a common thing?

If you patched up, then no, that's not too common. It was pre patch however.

I'm afraid the total reliance on client-run servers (and their crappy connections) as well as the lack of coordination among the general playerbase (in a game where teamwork is paramount) has dampened my enthusiasm a bit. I still have fun with the game, and load it up from time to time, but it seems rare that other people from the Fat List are on when I play (which is usually evenings PST). If we can get some games going, at least during the weekends, that'd be awesome...because playing with random pubbies in this game is just brutal.

Still waiting with baited breath to see what all those other player class images were about though. We shall see...

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I'm afraid the total reliance on client-run servers (and their crappy connections) as well as the lack of coordination among the general playerbase (in a game where teamwork is paramount) has dampened my enthusiasm a bit. I still have fun with the game, and load it up from time to time, but it seems rare that other people from the Fat List are on when I play (which is usually evenings PST). If we can get some games going, at least during the weekends, that'd be awesome...because playing with random pubbies in this game is just brutal.

Still waiting with baited breath to see what all those other player class images were about though. We shall see...

I think batman snuck in and killed both teams with sience. Once the Blazblue tourny wraps up or I get eliminated then I'll start playing more often.

So has anyone else noticed that as worker you can repair the doors. Not that it realy matters though most succesful raids are from other points that the main gate.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    can someone add me to the fat list o' names. PSN: DignifiedPauper

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Malechai wrote: »

I think batman snuck in and killed both teams with sience. Once the Blazblue tourny wraps up or I get eliminated then I'll start playing more often.

So has anyone else noticed that as worker you can repair the doors. Not that it realy matters though most succesful raids are from other points that the main gate.

Yeah, I saw the worker being able to repair doors in one of the earlier videos for the game, I believe, so I just knew from the start that it was possible.

For some reason, it's not -easy-, however, as I find a lot of the time, I stand next to the door, locked on, hitting Square and nothing happens unless I move around a little. You can charge up before locking on and then unleash it once you have, and it's the same kind of repair (and more reliable), but it also takes longer.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

Yeah, I saw the worker being able to repair doors in one of the earlier videos for the game, I believe, so I just knew from the start that it was possible.

For some reason, it's not -easy-, however, as I find a lot of the time, I stand next to the door, locked on, hitting Square and nothing happens unless I move around a little. You can charge up before locking on and then unleash it once you have, and it's the same kind of repair (and more reliable), but it also takes longer.
    As far as I can tell, you can only repair the door very slightly unless you have multiple workers going at it. After a second or so a lone worker will just stop trying.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

As far as I can tell, you can only repair the door very slightly unless you have multiple workers going at it. After a second or so a lone worker will just stop trying.

Hit the other door. You only get one swing but once you repair the other door it resets. Also changing to bombs and back to axe works too.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So, why is no one playing right now. Penny Arcade game time!?

Dignified Pauper on
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Me and some friends getting on if anyone is down.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'd love to play but school is sucking all my time right now :(
    I'll be playing on the weekend for sure though.

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Shoot, I just loaded up, and now everyone stopped playing. :(

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    added some more of you to my PSN friend's list.

Message comes across as PA fat princess

Dignified Pauper on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Gentlemen, I bring you news from New Pork City.
    Due to the tremendous success of Fat Princess on PSN, we are pleased to announce a host of new content for you, our loyal fans. Today at PAX we spilled the beans on New Pork, an awesome new city-themed level. New Pork offers an exciting array of strategies to slice and dice your way to victory. Use multiple sewer shortcuts to sneak up behind your enemies, blow up barricades to open up new routes of assault and defend your princess from the rooftops.

New Pork is just the beginning of additional content for Fat Princess. For details on New Pork and news of the coming update, as well as PAX video interviews with the Titan Devs, stay tuned to the Titan Blog.

I imagine the Blog will get a few updates in the next week like it did when they were showing off new characters. (And never did a fifth.)

I just hope they do packs instead of selling individual maps, because that would add up really quickly (Unless individual maps are priced, y'know, really cheap).

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    They can add whatever they want but it won't matter to me unless they host their own servers and/or improve the netcode. I just couldn't have any fun playing the game the way it was, especially as a Warrior.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I haven't had any troubles connecting to games and playing. I play just fine.

Further, New Pork City sounds like a Mother 3 reference.

Dignified Pauper on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The game would be much better if I could just see a list of games being hosted and select which one I wanted to join myself.

TheStig on
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    New Pork City will release for free this Thursday. It's included in patch 1.3.

Also there will be a playable demo for those still wanting to check this game out.

http://scrawlfx.com/2009/10/fat-princess-patch-incoming-includes-new-pork-city

Edit: Patch Notes:
    New Map

* A brand new awesome city map has been added called New Pork…and it’s free!

Game System Tweaks

* The host’s ability to kick and ban players has been removed.
    * The ability for players to switch teams post-game is now restricted so that sides cannot be unbalanced by more than 2 players.
    * A new switching team system has been implemented during matches:

* If there is a deficit of 2 players between teams, the weaker team will drop a team colored ball on the death of a player.
    * Picking up the colored ball switches a player’s team and rewards them with a 300 point bonus.
    * So…get the ball.
    * The 10 game average ranking system has been removed.
    * A new ranking system has been implemented, which adds rank points for every game based on the player’s score.
    * Awarded ranking titles will now never go down once earned.
    * Online leaderboards have been increased to display all players not just the top 1000.
    * All online leaderboards are to be reset shortly after patch 1.03 is released, but all unlocked customizations and trophies will remain unlocked. You will not lose them.

Main Bug Fixes

* The Princess disappearing bug has been fixed.
    * The issue with statistics and trophies not saving correctly has been fixed.

Character Balancing

* The Dark Priest’s lock-on range has been reduced.
    * The Dark Priest’s drain ability has been slightly reduced.
    * The Ranger now has larger movement penalty when locked on and charging attacks.
    * The Adv. Ranger has a smaller shot dispersion and increased damage per shot.
    * The Warrior’s attack damage has been increased slightly.
    * The Warrior’s movement speed has been increased slightly when locked on and charging attacks.
    * The Warrior’s 360 degree protect when his shield is raised has been increased from 20% to 40%
    * Warrior’s Lock on range increased to match Ranger to stop class being hit from behind when retreating
    * Warriors weapon collision box increased in size to aid with hit detection
    * Adv Warrior speed increased slightly when locked on and charging to match his normal movement speed
    * Adv Warrior damage increased
    * Adv Worker’s bomb knockback force removed
    * Princess calorie burn decreased slightly in weight state 3 and 4

Control Tweaks

* Two new control schemes have been implemented to allow players to use the R1 button to attack and to free the player’s right hand for target switching. This is AWESOME.

Scoring Updates

* New switching team bonus added of 300 points.
    * Princess rescue score increased to 300 points.
    * Princess rescue assistance bonus increased to 150 points.
    * Princess escort bonus increased to 75 points.
    * Win game scoring reduced to 150 points.
    * Match completion bonus added of 75 points.
    * Average Rank bonus award removed for games won under 3 minutes.
    * Bonus score for winning games in under 3 minutes removed.

Additional Tweaks

* Candy confetti added as a special effect when blood is turned off. Check this out – it is really cool.
    * All loading screens now in color.
    * Loading screens now allow players to scroll to next and previous tips during the load.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX