As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX breakfast

• Options
    Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What's a Vermont?

Frightfully English on
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What's a Vermont?

I think it may involve mountains and large tracts of land...?

Hypatia on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hypatia wrote: »
    What's a Vermont?

I think it may involve mountains and large tracts of land...?

No. That's what they call it.

Toasted crumpet with cream cheese and maple (like the maple on doughnuts, not syrup.)

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    muttonheadmuttonhead Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think I will try and make it though I can't guarantee being sober at that early in the morning due to the triwizard drinking tournament.

muttonhead on
    @muttonhead104|!Hufflepuff|Team !Bulbasaur!
  • Options
    BerylliumBeryllium Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I mean, really. Our accents aren't that similar. There's a distinct twang in the Australian accent that you just don't hear in the British accent.

The only difference is that your ancestors didn't get caught.

Beryllium on
  • Options
    MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    FYI Like only 10% of me is a descendent of Britain. The word "Hella" is more of a Northern California thing. I believe it originated in Berkeley.

Anywho! NOW we have "three" Brits! Wahoo! Authenticity!

Four, assuming the allure of fresh crumpets and tea will be enough to overcome my post-WCTT slumber.

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sir_Lag wrote: »
    Unfortunately Sir Squirminator, I'm not from that part of London so my knife proficiency is somewhat lacking. In fact I'm not from London at ALL! I'm sure you're authenticity shall not be in question once your possibly-Australian accent has been properly examined by my team of expert linguoligists.

Sir Lag, you can be the third Brit if you so desire!

Well, by Squirminator2k's logic, Canadian's are brits, so I'll fit right in.

Now the question stands, how hard should I play the Canadian sterotype

Looks like there will be two Canadians at this feast and I'd really rather not wash some crumpet down with a knife fight!

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Given that I showed up for last years (without knowing it was even on), and then LEFT to go wander around elsewhere, since I felt kinda weird just joining in randomly, I hearby declare that i will be at the pre-pax breakfast this year.

If I can drag my sorry butt out of bed in time, after the pre-pax dinner the night before.

ashridah on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Unfortunately Sir Squirminator, I'm not from that part of London so my knife proficiency is somewhat lacking. In fact I'm not from London at ALL! I'm sure you're authenticity shall not be in question once your possibly-Australian accent has been properly examined by my team of expert linguoligists.

Sir Lag, you can be the third Brit if you so desire!

Well, by Squirminator2k's logic, Canadian's are brits, so I'll fit right in.

Now the question stands, how hard should I play the Canadian sterotype

Looks like there will be two Canadians at this feast and I'd really rather not wash some crumpet down with a knife fight!

Oh, come on now. There's only one way to enjoy crumpets. A nice cup of Earl Grey...

AND A FIGHT TO THE DEATH.

I'll be there if I actually am in Seattle at that time. If not, then I will attempt to be there in spirit. Whatever the hell that means.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    bigben79bigben79 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sounds like something I'll need to do to help absorb the alcohol from the drinking tourney

bigben79 on
  • Options
    waffleboi9waffleboi9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The crumpet shop was pretty awesome last year. I actually went back the next day by myself for some green eggs and ham and a good old almond butter + honey crumpet. delicious

waffleboi9 on
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am attempting to stay up the entire weekend, so that I don't miss a damn thing, and just to see if I can do it. If I haven't failed on the first day I'll be there

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    starlitestarlite Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I feel like the crumpet shop should be warned.

starlite on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't think any of the businesses in the convention center area need to be warned about PAX. They've probably been preparing for weeks now.

I was talking to The Taphouse, the bar & grill where we're having the Post-PAX Dinner, and the lady I'm in contact with said that PAX weekend is the busiest time of the year for them; busier than Christmas, Thanksgiving, whatever. PAX is it.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This is the crumpet shop next to Pike Place, right? Why are you congregating in front of the Barnes and Noble on 7th?

A. It's 6-7 Blocks away
    B. There's nowhere to congregate in front of it.

Houn on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    I am attempting to stay up the entire weekend, so that I don't miss a damn thing, and just to see if I can do it. If I haven't failed on the first day I'll be there

Wow, good luck man... That's all I can say...

Anywho, this sounds like fun... and yeah if I can pull myself out of bed that early with a possible hangover, I'll be there.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    crumpets shrumpets.

What is the name of that unlimited waffle right outside pike's place from last year?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I will likely be there, but I am notoriously not a morning person, so we'll see.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    Sir_LagSir_Lag Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I'm totally doing the same thing, my best is 48 hours. Once you get passed 40 hours, the next eight were easy (with enough caffen of corce)

Sir_Lag on
  • Options
    ZionadZionad CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

I'm totally doing the same thing, my best is 48 hours. Once you get passed 40 hours, the next eight were easy (with enough caffen of corce)

Middle of Alberta, eh? (obligatory)
    Im in the Red Deer area.

Also, I hear that you start halucinating after a couple days... worth a try though. Usually after a all nighter, I feel like im going to die by dinner time the next day (not a good feeling) D:

Zionad on
    I do it all for the pew pew
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Zionad wrote: »

Im in the Red Deer area.

Also, I hear that you start halucinating after a couple days... worth a try though. Usually after a all nighter, I feel like im going to die by dinner time the next day (not a good feeling) D:

1) Lacombe
    2) Yes you do
    3) I'm positive that I;m putting a leathal amount of Caffine into my system every time I do a all nighter, or several day-er......

Sir_Lag on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Im in the Red Deer area.

1) Lacombe
    2) Yes you do
    3) I'm positive that I;m putting a leathal amount of Caffine into my system every time I do a all nighter, or several day-er......

You guys are crazy... I've done my share of all nighters and the aftermath SUCKS!

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Serenity wrote: »

Im in the Red Deer area.

1) Lacombe
    2) Yes you do

You guys are crazy... I've done my share of all nighters and the aftermath SUCKS!
    Canada = Crazy
    This is a well known fact amoung Canadian's, and Albertians are the worst.
    Also, I won't have much time for sleeo with all the things I have planed for pax. The only night I'll be able to sleep will be Thursday.
    That being said, if it gets really bad for me, I will be having power naps from time to time

Sir_Lag on
  • Options
    MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    This is the crumpet shop next to Pike Place, right? Why are you congregating in front of the Barnes and Noble on 7th?

A. It's 6-7 Blocks away

QFT. I second any notion of congregating directly at the shop, but that's mostly because I'll be staying right next to it, although I suppose the mile walk back and forth could do me good.

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You could always wait for people to show up if you're essentially already there. The corner of Pike St and Pike Pl seems like a better spot to meet though.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I know its kind of sad but mabe you should make a written schedual of what your going to be doing for pax like i did, this way i know ill be there for breakfast. also im free for the better most of thursday night. I am also very flexable so I can chancge anything to fit almost any schedual.

lol for those of you who want to look here is my pax schedual:
    THURSDAY (3)

12-1Bus
    1-2 Bus
    2-3 Bus
    3-4 Bus
    4-5 Bus
    5-6 Bus
    6-7 Bus
    7-8
    8-9
    9-10
    10-11
    11-12
    12-1
    1-2
    2-3
    3-4
    4-5
    5-6 Pre PAX Dinner [NRB]
    6-7 Pre PAX Dinner [NRB]
    7-8 Pre PAX Dinner [NRB]
    8-9
    9-10
    10-11
    11-12

FRIDAY (4)

12-1
    1-2
    2-3
    3-4 Sleep
    4-5 Sleep
    5-6 Sleep
    6-7 Sleep
    7-8 Pre PAX Breakfast [Crumpet Shoppe]
    8-9 Wait in Line
    9-10 Wait in Line
    10-10:30 Magic Intro Pack League [LV6] [$10]
    10:30-11 Game Design 101 [Unicorn Theatre LV6]
    11-11:30 Game Design 101 [Unicorn Theatre LV6]
    11:30-12 Wander
    12-1 Working with Fans to Create Better Video Games [Wolfman Theatre LV6]
    1-1:30 Wander
    1:30-2 Weapons 101 [Unicorn Theatre LV6]
    2-2:30 Weapons 101 [Unicorn Theatre LV6]
    2:30-3 Handheld Freeplay [LV2/3] (Whichever is being played most)
    4-5 Wizards of the Coast Art Director's Panel [Raven Theatre LV3]
    6-7 Original Gangstas: Why Table-Top Gaming Still Packs Heat [Unicorn Theatre LV6]
    7-8 UDD
    8-9 UDD
    9-10 UDD
    10-11 UDD
    11-12 Friday Night Concerts [Main Theatre LV4]

SATURDAY (5)

12-1 Friday Night Concerts [Main Theatre LV4]
    1-2 Rockband Freeplay [Raven Theatre LV3]
    2-3 8-Bit Freeplay [Unicorn Theatre LV6]
    3-4 Sleep
    4-5 Sleep
    5-6 Sleep
    6-7 Sleep
    7-8 Breakfast
    8-9 Wait in Line
    9-10 Wait in Line
    10-10:30 Wander
    10:30-11 Girls and Games: The Growing Role of Women in the Game Industry [Unicorn Theatre LV6]
    11-11:30 Girls and Games: The Growing Role of Women in the Game Industry [Unicorn Theatre LV6]
    11:30-12 G4's TheFeed: Nightcap -- PAX Edition [Raven Theatre LV3]
    12-12:30 G4's TheFeed: Nightcap -- PAX Edition [Raven Theatre LV3]
    12:30-1 Console Freeplay [LV6]
    1-2 Penny Arcade Makes a Strip! [Main Theatre LV4]
    2-2:30 Penny Arcade Makes a Strip! [Main Theatre LV4]
    2:30-3Tabletop Gaming [LV2] (Magic)
    3-3:30 Tabletop Gaming [LV2] (Magic)
    3:30-4 Tabletop Gaming [LV2] (DND)
    4-4:30 Tabletop Gaming [LV2] (DND)
    4:30-5 The Art of the Dungeon Master [Wolfman Theatre LV6]
    5-5:30 The Art of the Dungeon Master [Wolfman Theatre LV6]
    5:30-6 Tabletop Gaming [LV2] (Wander/Yu-Gi-Oh!)
    6-7 RoosterTeeth [Main Theatre LV4]
    7-8 UDD
    8-9 UDD
    9-10 UDD
    10-11 UDD
    11-12 I Got Next - Screening and Panel [Wolfman Theatre LV6]

Sunday (6)

12-1 Geek Movies [Serpent Theatre LV6]
    1-2 Evening Freeplay [Serpent Theatre LV6]
    2-3 Evening Freeplay [Wolfman Theatre LV6]
    3-4 Sleep
    4-5 Sleep
    5-6 Sleep
    6-7 Sleep
    7-8 Breakfast
    8-9 Wait in Line
    9-10 Wait in Line
    10-11 Beyond Dungeons and Dragons [Raven Theatre LV3]
    11-12 Handheld Freeplay [LV2/3] (DS)
    12-12:30 Wander
    12:30-1 The Second Penny Arcade Panel [Main Theatre LV4]
    1-1:30 The Second Penny Arcade Panel [Main Theatre LV4]
    1:30-2 Wander
    2-2:30 Gabe and Tycho Signing [Queue Room LV4]
    2:30-3 So you want to be a game designer? [Raven Theatre LV3]
    3-3:30 So you want to be a game designer? [Raven Theatre LV3]
    3:30-4 Wander
    4-5 Handheld Freeplay [LV2/3] (PSP)
    5-6 Omegathon Final Round [Main Theatre LV4]
    6-7 Wander/Say goodbyes
    7-8 Wander/do whatever
    8-9 Post PAX Dinner
    9-10 Post PAX Dinner
    10-11 Post PAX Dinner
    11-12 Hotel and Pack

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I wanna join you all. I am getting to Seattle via the CCST this year so it really depends on how much
    sleep I need after arriving on Thursday and then hanging out with the Magical Mystery Tour all day.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

A. It's 6-7 Blocks away

Well, if you've got a better place to congregate that doesn't involve everyone finding Pike's Place on their own then I'm all for it. Last year we pretty much met on a corner as well and everyone walked over together, I picked in front of the Barnes & Noble because it's recognizable (last year there was confusion about which corner for those of us who got there early) and because I'm not from Seattle so I really don't know what the geography is like. :)

Hypatia on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

A. It's 6-7 Blocks away

Well, if you've got a better place to congregate that doesn't involve everyone finding Pike's Place on their own then I'm all for it. Last year we pretty much met on a corner as well and everyone walked over together, I picked in front of the Barnes & Noble because it's recognizable (last year there was confusion about which corner for those of us who got there early) and because I'm not from Seattle so I really don't know what the geography is like. :)

The best place to congregate is at the Market itself, because largely the foot traffic down there blocks out the cars, the corner of Pike and Pike. Where the famous Pig is.

Directions, you ask? Alrighty. You know where PAX is? That's 7th and Pike St. Most of you have hotels around there, I bet. Anyway, find Pike St, walk 7 blocks toward the water. You're there!

Houn on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

A. It's 6-7 Blocks away

The best place to congregate is at the Market itself, because largely the foot traffic down there blocks out the cars, the corner of Pike and Pike. Where the famous Pig is.

Directions, you ask? Alrighty. You know where PAX is? That's 7th and Pike St. Most of you have hotels around there, I bet. Anyway, find Pike St, walk 7 blocks toward the water. You're there!

I was thinking the Info Trolley Car. It's right there and across the street from the Crumpet Shoppe. But the Pig will do as well, I guess.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You can see the Info Trolley from the Pig, and Vice Versa. It's pretty much the same place. :lol:

Houn on
  • Options
    trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    S
    B) We'll splinter off into little groups and explore Pike's Place, foraging for food like wild but sleepy animals

Sorry, gotta mention it, it's Pike Place Market.

There's a piroshky bakery that makes amazing sweet rolls if that's your sort of breakfast thing. Their apple cinnamon rolls are like the size of my face! It's a few doors down from the original Starbucks. http://www.piroshkybakery.com/

trickycoolj on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah. Last year we just met up on the corner where the golden pig is. We should do that.

Arco on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    There's a piroshky bakery that makes amazing sweet rolls if that's your sort of breakfast thing. Their apple cinnamon rolls are like the size of my face! It's a few doors down from the original Starbucks. http://www.piroshkybakery.com/

Oh, don't worry, I am so hitting up that place Friday morning as well! Why? Duh! Need food for Second Breakfast and Elevensies!

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    HyperneticHypernetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I like this idea. Especially the part about being zombies. Can we eat actual brains instead of crumpets?

Also, I'll try to get up, but I don't know if I will or not. I might end up staying up all night getting drunk anyway, so I might not have to worry about waking up.

Hypernetic on
  • Options
    thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    yum yum! let there be crumpets!

thespiffyneostar on
  • Options
    HxzynhdaHxzynhda Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Sounds like fun, definitely gonna try to make it to this. I actually really want to check out Pike's Place as well, I have a thing for farmers market.

Hxzynhda on
  • Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to this. I live in Belltown which is like a 10 minute walk from downtown (by the space needle).

Being a local rocks 8-)

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Options
    RedlanceRedlance Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If all goes as I plan I'll be in Seattle around 6:00AM. If so I think I'll meet up you guys in raiding the crumpet shop before moving onto to other delicious targets.

Redlance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I plan on getting donuts every morning. And possibly in the afternoon.

Arco on
This discussion has been closed.