Options

[weeaboo bullshit] Shin-Chan :'(

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Everytime I saw Isaac and Miria onscreen I had the widest smile on my face, especially at the beginning of 14 where
    They're setting up the dominoes

If you don't like Issac and Miria then you don't have a soul.

Yes, they're so fun to watch (and seeing them in 70s era clothes in ep. 13 just felt so...right), but the whole cast is fun to watch. Ladd and Claire are delightfully psychotic, Jacuzzi is just a cool character (he's an object lesson in why you never ever fuck with the nice ones), the interplay of the members of the Martello Family is fun to watch...it's a 16 episode roller coaster ride where you're too afraid to blink.

I can't wait for the box set to come out.

Edit: Also, it doesn't hurt that it has an absolutely incredible dub.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The box set is already out. You buy Vol 1 with the box and then you buy Vols 2 3 and 4.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    KtnmooKtnmoo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    blkmage wrote: »
    So, only 5 more episodes of Bakemonogatari. Wonder if they keep going with the "girl/oddity of the week(s)" pattern or if they try to wrap things up.

They still haven't revealed what really happened with Araragi, Hanekawa, or Shinobu. The latter two have some big name VAs, so I'd be surprised if they didn't do more with those characters.

Meme is a great character. Love how he cuts through the bullshit. Even though it would be nice if Araragi (or anyone else) could solve a problem without his help.

Bakemonogatari is 15 episodes and covers the first two volumes of the light novel, which contain five arcs: Hitagi Crab, Mayoi Snail, Suruga Monkey, Nadeko Snake, and Tsubasa Cat. Koyomi Vamp, the prequel story about Araragi becoming a vampire, is in the third volume, so it won't be animated in this season.

Bakemonogatari is one of my favorite shows this past year. Here's to hoping that they'll adapt the rest of the light novels too.

Ktnmoo on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anyone else apart from me reading Franken Fran?

Frankly it's not as bad as I thought it would be :\

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »

You are terrible.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »

You are terrible.

You told me not to read it.

Obviously since I realised you live in opposite world it meant YES DAC READ FRANKEN FRAN IT IS AN AWESOME MANGA. Can't blame me for following opinions.

:P

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

You are terrible.

You told me not to read it.

Obviously since I realised you live in opposite world it meant YES DAC READ FRANKEN FRAN IT IS AN AWESOME MANGA. Can't blame me for following opinions.

:P
    In other news, Touhou sucks.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

You are awesome.

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

You are awesome.
    The missing component is that he dropped Negima to read this.

So, no. TERRIBLE.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Spectrum stop being bitter.

Also I didn't drop Negima. It IS however still throughly not impressing me even after the tournament arc. At least the useless fanservice was toned down.

Continuing, hoping I get a nugget of gold somewhere, but my patience is wearing thin.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    JouleJoule Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Franken Fran is pretty good. Too bad there hasn't been a chapter in awhile.

Joule on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Group that scanlated it has been inactive since April I think.

Lep on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    so thanks to someone with a mind of pitch in g&t i was made aware of loveless

this is knowledge i could've done without

Rust on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Also a mod did it. Whine at them.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Rust wrote: »

I think the fact that when I first heard about loveless I shrugged and went on with my day speaks leaps and bounds about the things I've been exposed to over the years.

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but what's Loveless?

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

it's some kind of romance magic battle thing, the main character is a 12-year old boy who's seduced by some guy in his twenties in the first chapter, it's 80 chapters long, and every virgin in the manga's world has cat ears and a tail

don't try to think about it all at once or you'll pass out

Rust on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

it's some kind of romance magic battle thing, the main character is a 12-year old boy who's seduced by some guy in his twenties in the first chapter, it's 80 chapters long, and every virgin in the manga's world has cat ears and a tail

don't try to think about it all at once or you'll pass out

(begins the regretting)

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just rewatched Cowboy Bebop

Everything about this show is SO RIGHT
    Just a feel good experience overall never gets old.
    Is the movie any good?

Also, still waiting for a way to watch Code Geass Season 2

knockin' on heaven's door is pretty slow-paced on the whole, but the action scenes are quality as usual and the last one in particular is better than anything in the main series

it's a fistfight so brutal that watching it can give a lesser man a broken nose

Spike whips out his kung fu on the bad guy during a chase scene and the bad guy doesn't even care he's being punched in the face. WTF?

Ed and Ein going door to door looking for the bad guy was adorable, though.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    bisondollarsbisondollars Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I like Franken Fran way too much.

And it was good for when I ran out of Black Jack volumes.

bisondollars on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    FMA:B 21 and FMA in general
    Something just dawned on me when watching FMA:B 21.

Ed and Al are talking about how they were allowed to live because they're candidates for sacrifice. Al says he could be a sacrifice because he had opened the Gateway. Ed responds that Sacrifices probably refers to alchemists who could open the gateway and still make it back again.

Since Mustang is a possible candidate for sacrifice as well, wouldn't that imply he's opened the gateway? o_O
    Or is it more that he's a possible candidate in that if pushed hard enough he'd be willing/able to open it?

Zerokku on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Zerokku wrote: »
    FMA:B 21 and FMA in general
    Something just dawned on me when watching FMA:B 21.

Ed and Al are talking about how they were allowed to live because they're candidates for sacrifice. Al says he could be a sacrifice because he had opened the Gateway. Ed responds that Sacrifices probably refers to alchemists who could open the gateway and still make it back again.

Since Mustang is a possible candidate for sacrifice as well, wouldn't that imply he's opened the gateway? o_O
    Or is it more that he's a possible candidate in that if pushed hard enough he'd be willing/able to open it?
    Mustang is a potential candidate. Ed and Al are confirmed - note that Lust says that Al is confirmed when they see him do alchemy without a transmutation circle.

So what they're saying is that they know that Ed and Al have seen the Truth, and Mustang is a potential candidate because he's a very skilled alchemist and (arguably) because he cares for some of his subordinates intently

Jragghen on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Franken Fran creeped me right the fuck out. And I read a bunch of Junji Ito's material too, so that's saying something.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Fuck you.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Barrakketh wrote: »

Fuck you.

Don't mind Spec, he's so bitter

EDIT: double post, but the volume covers of Franken Fran are so damn hilarious.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    New Umineko and Spice & Wolf are out.
    Battler continues to lose faith in his abilities while his alternate universe self completely gives in to Beatrice's magic. And what this about becoming furniture? Is Battler destined to become the next Table-kun?

Meanwhile, in S&W, it would appear Horro and Lawrence are about to face off against the Church...again. I suppose it was inevitable though. When you go around asking about a mythical creature that the Church is after, you're bound to get found out. Not to mention their identities are already known and that girl has blood red fucking eyes...
    EDIT: New Haruhi as well.
    Dammit, Koizumi, why did you hold him back? Kyon was about to falcon punch Haruhi. It would have been awesome! Damn you!!

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Only one more new episode left.

Falx on
  • Options
    AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Bleach 372:
    Is it bad that I want Stark to kick some Vizard butt?

Aurin on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Aurin wrote: »
    Bleach 372:

He has old-timey spanish pistols that machine-gun-level rapid fire big crimson energy blasts.

No, it's not wrong at all.

Furu on
  • Options
    Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Franken Fran creeped me right the fuck out. And I read a bunch of Junji Ito's material too, so that's saying something.

But she's so cute.
    06.jpg

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just watched Dance in The Vampire Bund's trailer.

D:

So much naked loli... I think even PikaPuff would feel guilty from watching it.

Falx on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Furu wrote: »
    Bleach 372:

He has old-timey spanish pistols that machine-gun-level rapid fire big crimson energy blasts.

I like how Stark and Barragan are the only ones to really know that Aizen doesn't give one shit about any of them.

So much so that Stark's willing to just say "fuck it" and go do something else.

Godfather on
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    Bleach 372:

I like how Stark and Barragan are the only ones to really know that Aizen doesn't give one shit about any of them.

It makes sense that Stark is the strongest, barring Yammy and his retarded chimp strength, because everything just bores him. If you are the most powerful of race of super-monsters, it'd be hard to give a shit sense nothing challenges or threatens you.

Stark is best thing about Bleach right now. Though Barragan was pretty bitchin'.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    Bleach 372:

If nothing else I've got to admire Stark's character for its consistency.

From the start he's just been "oh my God go awaaaay" and even his occasional attacks are just to keep people from bugging him too much.

Rust on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Haruhi was...well, I dunno?
    Kyon's never been a good guy, but this was really over the edge.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Latest chapter of Claymore is up.

Lep on
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Haruhi was...well, I dunno?
    Kyon's never been a good guy, but this was really over the edge.
    Wait, you think Kyon was in the wrong there? That is not the common opinion, sir! Personally, I think she ought've been decked. Fate of the world be damned.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is it worth watching that Final Fantasy anime series? Or Witch Hunter Robin? Or Wolfs Rain? Or Hellsing Ultimate over just plain old Hellsing?

Johannen on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    No, dunno, maybe, yes if you don't mind the extraordinary wait between each episode.

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Johannen wrote: »
    Is it worth watching that Final Fantasy anime series? Or Witch Hunter Robin? Or Wolfs Rain? Or Hellsing Ultimate over just plain old Hellsing?
    No, it's terrible.
    Yes, definitely. It's one of my favorites, but I'm sure you'll get a couple people in here shortly to say it was nothing special. I mean, it didn't do anything *particularly* groundbreaking, but it was still reasonably well executed.
    It's all right.
    Ultimate definitely.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.