As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Has anyone ever done a Reboot! Phalla? I dont' see one in the old games listing. I'm thinking of trying my hand at hosting and want to try a theme that is original.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I loved that show!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I think Saber and I have decided to downgrade our main to a mini for the time being. let us work on all of the mechanics, and use it as a prequel to our main. Should be ready-ish in a few weeks

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hey Hey @Bandwagon

I can be ready to put up my signups in about an hour.

If there's still an opening.

• Options
    BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    Sure, go ahead. I'll still encourage people who are thinking of running their games soon to contact me so that I can get another main game started during mid-August, before PAX hits.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Langly wrote: »
    Please send letters of reference to this address in order to reserve a spot for a new Mini Phalla

Concluded with a Village (or, if you prefer, Township) victory.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    Still have to put the finishing touches but by the time it rolls around to me it'll be done.

Final Fanatasy XIV: A Phalla Reborn sign up please

This is what my Hiatus went in to... Well this and a LOT of working.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    If anyone is interested in helping me run it and/or look over what I got for XIV Phalla and see if I've got some holes send me a PM

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I refuse to help you.

Since I'm signing up to play for that so hard :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    I refuse to help you.

Since I'm signing up to play for that so hard :P

No complaints here, the more the merrier. Really hoping to see 60+ on this one. A lot of work but for Final Fantasy it's all worth it. ^_~

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    But I quit that game because It was bad, and they're all trying to suck my guild is all trying to suck me back into it too. Me playing that will end up being some slippery slope back into MMO land, I swear. D:

Although, on the other hand, it sounds like it'll be fun. Who can pass up FF? :P

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Still have to put the finishing touches but by the time it rolls around to me it'll be done.

Final Fanatasy XIV: A Phalla Reborn sign up please

This is what my Hiatus went in to... Well this and a LOT of working.

I don't even play FF, but this sounds awesome.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I suppose I should Sign Up as well. I'm still only in the very early stages of the one I'm working on, but It wouldn't hurt to put my name at the back of the line. Since there have already been phalla games from most of the major fantasy series, I thought I'd try putting a game together based off my personal favorite, Zelazny's The Chronicles of Amber.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    ^^^ Ooo.
    Walking the Pattern, are we?
    Where's Random?

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    Once again, putting out an open call asking that if anyone is ready or will be ready to run a main game in about a week, get in contact with me. Still trying to fill the schedule for mid-August and would like to get a game through before PAX hits.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    In general, the procedure for mini's is to ask the host currently running if it's cool to run one, you don't really have to ask for permission from Bandwagon.

• Options
    Assuran wrote: »
    In general, the procedure for mini's is to ask the host currently running if it's cool to run one, you don't really have to ask for permission from Bandwagon.

Ok, thanks :)

• Options
    So I've had 3 people come to me and ask to start minis during my game.

@jdarksun asked first, so he's got that spot. There was another person, but that PM got buried amongst game PMs. I would say that if either of them don't start by saturday, then you can go ahead.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    As a quick heads up to our mini runners, The Phallympics main is done and, barring a sudden surprise, sign-ups should be up as soon as game of secrets finishes.

For a variety of reasons, I would like to start the game itself next Saturday. Next week should be a great time for a few minis, just plan accordingly.

• Options
    That was me lonely, I've been waiting for jdark to start. If he doesn't by tommorow though I'll post mine up.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    In honor of the Wheel of Time finally being finished, I think I may do a main sometime next year, probably early

Phyphor on
  • Options
    The Reboot Phalla has begun. Everyone is welcome to sign up!

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I'll go ahead and cede my spot to Greenbarons if he wants it and is ready to go now. Mine's not time sensitive, and I can spend the weekend bug testing. I'll be ready to go after a day or two of his.

So you will go after GB and I will start my phalla after you?

@jdarksun

• Options
    I'll go ahead and cede my spot to Greenbarons if he wants it and is ready to go now. Mine's not time sensitive, and I can spend the weekend bug testing. I'll be ready to go after a day or two of his.
    So you will go after GB and I will start my phalla after you?

@jdarksun
    Sure, I guess. We can theoretically have two running at the same time, but starting another one right now sorta steps on GB.

Alright, fine with me. :)

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    In honor of the Wheel of Time finally being finished, I think I may do a main sometime next year, probably early

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

• Options
    edited August 2012

Time to quickly read the entire series before the phalla hits? Man... that's a lot of pages. Piling all those books on top of rereading all of Zelazny's Amber stuff for my own game. D:

It does sound like it'll be epic though.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Game of Secrets has Ended with a Mafia Victory.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »

Time to quickly read the entire series before the phalla hits? Man... that's a lot of pages. Piling all those books on top of rereading all of Zelazny's Amber stuff for my own game. D:

It does sound like it'll be epic though.

Well it won't be until next year since, unless there's any major objections, it's likely to be set at/around the Last Battle, covering the last couple books, so I'll give everyone plenty of time to not-spoil themselves by playing. Also, I'll need to pick up the books when I go home for christmas to re-read. So probably not until March or even April

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I think I have the most basic framework of my phalla done. I would like to have someone look at it who is not interested in playing my game.

And by most basic framework, I literally mean, just the mechanics, not even the win cons for the various factions. Just before I get too far out on a limb, I want to make sure I'm not making any of the powers OP.

If you have any interest in VTM, I'd rather you play than provide feedback, however. I'm biased, but I think it will be a good game.

• Options
    Assuran wrote: »
    I think I have the most basic framework of my phalla done. I would like to have someone look at it who is not interested in playing my game.

And by most basic framework, I literally mean, just the mechanics, not even the win cons for the various factions. Just before I get too far out on a limb, I want to make sure I'm not making any of the powers OP.

If you have any interest in VTM, I'd rather you play than provide feedback, however. I'm biased, but I think it will be a good game.

I've brought myself to a similar spot with mine. :(

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Now taking entrants for the Phallympic Games!

SaberOverEasy on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'm brainstorming ideas for a mini based on
    Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.
    Would people be interested in things? You'd get to name your own superhero! (within reason)

• Options
    Would people be interested in things? You'd get to name your own superhero! (within reason)

Wait... hero? We can't be the villains and henchmen with all the silly names? D:

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular

I don't understand this. Why is it a question? Why is it not a thing yet? Why aren't you feeding this directly into my brain?

• Options
    1) I need to figure out mechanics
    2) I need someone to test/check it
    3) I need to go back and listen to the soundtrack

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Almost across the board, the answer to any "Would there be any interest in _____?" is "Yes. Absolutely. Give me more games."

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Ok then. I will begin work on it. I think I'll make Bad Horse the narrator :-D

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i intend to run a forum game in the same vein as a mini-phalla, but it's missing random role assignment,
    and the vote has been replaced with a basic attack in an HP system.

would running it in a mini-phalla slot be the best course of action?
    up to 25 players, daily action, inevitable death of most/all characters involved, win conditions, etc.

This discussion has been closed.