As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat] and Catastrophe

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Hm, what are good FPS games out right now for the 360? I want to play one just so I'll be awesome at console FPS games when Dust 514 hits, as silly as that sounds. I have CoD4 already. I know a new Halo is coming out soonish.

wolfenstein?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I slapped you Drez but not with my hand.

Hm, what are good FPS games out right now for the 360? I want to play one just so I'll be awesome at console FPS games when Dust 514 hits, as silly as that sounds. I have CoD4 already. I know a new Halo is coming out soonish.

Resubscribe to EVE with me.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    wolfenstein?

Oh, I forgot that came out. I forgot to mention I specifically want good multiplayer console fps games, to get good at that.

I don't know if wolftenstein has good multi or not.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Resubscribe to EVE with me.

But that won't make me better at Dust at all! You get EvE, and I'll be your Dust soldier.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    wolfenstein?

Oh, I forgot that came out. I forgot to mention I specifically want good multiplayer console fps games, to get good at that.

I don't know if wolftenstein has good multi or not.

I don't know about the multiplayer, I know it has it, I just don't know if its any good.

Battlefield 1943? (is that out yet)

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I wish AH would just make a newsletter so I could go ahead and not read it instead of seeing his threads litter the forum.

No offense to the guy. He's not a bad guy. But every time I see one of his thread titles I know it's his thread without even looking at the name AND my chest seizes up a bit.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Perhaps this evening I will lure people to my house with promises on beer and toad in the hole.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't know about the multiplayer, I know it has it, I just don't know if its any good.

Battlefield 1943? (is that out yet)

Ooh, I think that did come out. I'll do some research as to the games reception.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I can't afford a friggin Dust soldier.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Drez wrote: »
    I wish AH would just make a newsletter so I could go ahead and not read it instead of seeing his threads litter the forum.

No offense to the guy. He's not a bad guy. But every time I see one of his thread titles I know it's his thread without even looking at the name AND my chest seizes up a bit.

I think everyone has that same reaction.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I can't afford a friggin Dust soldier.

Especially not this Dust soldier.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Time to give my car a quick wash.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Isn't there some new call of duty game with like, vampire nazis or something that came out a bit back?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Call of Duty: World at War, Inquis. It starts out as your standard WWII shooter then winds up fighting Nazis in the pacific.

It's not a good game. CoD4 is superior by miles.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Call of Duty: World at War, Inquis. It starts out as your standard WWII shooter then winds up fighting Nazis in the pacific.

It's not a good game. CoD4 is superior by miles.

Well convenient for me seeing as I already own CoD4 then. I'll probably pop that in later today to start getting my console FPS skills back. I haven't played one in so long, this is going to be rough.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I can't believe Dust is going to be a console game. Friggin CCP.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I can't believe Dust is going to be a console game. Friggin CCP.

I have no problems with this, personally *shrugs*

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Now for the cheating thread in H/A to bring all the people who declare one should never tell their SO if they cheated on them.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What the fuck is Dust?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What the fuck is Dust?

Dust 514 is going to be a console MMOFPS made by the same people who made EvE. This game will take place within the EVE online universe. And when I say that I just don't mean thematically or story wise. I mean an EvE corporation will be able to contract my Dust corporation to wage a ground war on a planet to take over that planet within the online game of EvE.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Is Star Trek the Next Generation available on Netflix Instant Watch ?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What the fuck is Dust?

Dust 514 (i think...could have got the numbers wrong), CCP's new FPS multiplayer shooter in development, that will have ties in with Eve Online, and will allow PC players to dictate the battles of the Dust troops.

BEATED. :(

WMain00 on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    Now for the cheating thread in H/A to bring all the people who declare one should never tell their SO if they cheated on them.

Those threads piss me off. People are not looking for anything but for us to share some of their guilt. They tell US which throws the secret out into the wild and alleviates some of that burning secret guilt. People should make their own decisions and shoulder their own burdens.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    they're always there. lurking. waiting.

Aldo on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What the fuck is Dust?

Dust 514 is going to be a console MMOFPS made by the same people who made EvE. This game will take place within the EVE online universe. And when I say that I just don't mean thematically or story wise. I mean an EvE corporation will be able to contract my Dust corporation to wage a ground war on a planet to take over that planet within the online game of EvE.

I am intrigued. Tell me more.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well EVE is one of the worst "games" I've ever played, so I'm assuming Dust will be utter garbage too.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Is it an MMO? I didn't realize there was anything persistent about it besides the effects on EVE. I thought you were contracted, dumped into an instance and then you fought to take control.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I am intrigued. Tell me more.

Unfortunately there isn't much more to tell at the moment, the game was only quite recently announced. All the info has been rounded up into this OP for the thread though:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=99296

The game has apparently been in development for three years already, which means hopefully the release date isn't too far out.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Not neccessarily. The spreadsheets of the MMO are not likely to exist in the FPS of Dust. However whether the scenes/settings and gameplay of Dust are interesting remains to be seen.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I had the worst dream last night. :(

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Is it an MMO? I did t realize there was anything persistent about it besides the effects on EVE. I thought you were contracted, dumped into an instance and then you fought to take control.

It is persistent, your character is persistent, gains skills, your corporation probably can advance as well tech wise and stuff like that. As far as I understand it your conquests are fully persistent. Also the game has light MMORTS elements as you can deploy structures and stuff, it seems?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Was I in it? :winky:

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Not neccessarily. The spreadsheets of the MMO are not likely to exist in the FPS of Dust. However whether the scenes/settings and gameplay of Dust are interesting remains to be seen.

Based on what the developer said, they realize quite fully that EvE attracts a very specific type of gamer and they want Dust to attract the complete opposite kind of gamer, so, I wouldn't worry about spreadsheets too much.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Are you my friend who killed himself in 2007?

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If everything is instanced so that you're basically just fighting matches then I wouldn't call it an MMO, even with persistent stats, but I don't know how that is being handled.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If everything is instanced so that you're basically just fighting matches then I wouldn't call it an MMO, even with persistent stats, but I don't know how that is being handled.

Yeah, I didn't hear anything in regard to instancing one way or the other so, that's a big question mark right now.

Anyway, I'm hungry, gonna get me some breakfast.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Based on what the developer said, they realize quite fully that EvE attracts a very specific type of gamer and they want Dust to attract the complete opposite kind of gamer, so, I wouldn't worry about spreadsheets too much.

I wonder though if they'll take the customization options of Eve to Dust? Will you for instance be able to change gear, weapons, upgrades, possibly have mini ships at your disposal, etc?

Also I wonder if we'll see any cameo like appearances of the larger ships and structures of Eve Online.

Well way to ruin it and make me feel sad :cry:

¬_¬

WMain00 on
  • Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I can't even imagine how bad the dream must have been :(

Angelina on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Will Eve players be able to annihilate an entire planet of enemy Dust players from their ships?

Although I'd imagine that Dust will not have anything akin to Eve's "perma-death" if that's their plan for the game.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    woohoo! jason and the argonauts!

BobCesca on
This discussion has been closed.