As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat] and Catastrophe

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    oh shit they sprung a commercial on me in the first 2 minutes!

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    So I started watching Kill Bill and now I don't know what's going on because I'm not sure whether or not I fell asleep at the beginning of The Blood-Spattered Bride

well what have you seen and what's happening now?

I'd read the wiki summary up til something doesn't look familiar and skip to that, assuming you have control. if it's just on tv, read the summary to catch up.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I started watching Kill Bill and now I don't know what's going on because I'm not sure whether or not I fell asleep at the beginning of The Blood-Spattered Bride
    It's a bit weird for a while but all becomes clear.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Skippy what did you think of Saw?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    God damn it. There's no cordial in the house, it's too late for alcohol.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I didn't get a chance to watch it yet

our friends invited us over to watch The Others, which I thought was quite good

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

I didn't get a chance to watch it yet

our friends invited us over to watch The Others, which I thought was quite good

Oh that is right, you said. Carry on!

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Variable wrote: »

well what have you seen and what's happening now?

I'd read the wiki summary up til something doesn't look familiar and skip to that, assuming you have control. if it's just on tv, read the summary to catch up.

It's on my iPod and plugged into computer speakers

Turns out I slept through a total of 40 minutes of it, in chunks

From the beginning of Blood-Spattered Bride to her in the hospital, then again until she's in the wheelchair in the parking garage, then again until the animated part

I just rewound it a bit, I'll pick up where I fell asleep the first time in a minute

Me Too! on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    One would argue that if you fell asleep that long you might not be enjoying it much? :P

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    or that you're too tired to be watching a movie, especially if you didn't even know you fell asleep.

Variable on
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

What time is it there? You seem to be online at all times.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man my fucking back is killing me. I pulled a muscle below my shoulder blade playing basketball on friday and I could barely move after it. I had to go into work and stand on my feet for nine hours the net day, so that didn't help either. I wish I had something stronger than otc pain meds

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Awww...the first meeting of Jason and Medea.

Such a shame that at a later date he will be an absolute bastard, and that his new bride, himself and his children will suffer because of it.

Also, all the people in these film seem to have had botox.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Coldred wrote: »

Him and his identical twin share an account. One of them pretends to be his probation officer at all times.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    my mom said that my toenail falling off was good (O_o) because then the new one would grow in

uh yeah but

that's gonna take over 5 months

>_<

And I dunno, I actually realized these girls are really nice when you hang out with them, but I have always been more of the "stay in room" type of person

siiiigh we will see how it all goes

So, question...if my toenail is halfway detached, even if I have it wrapped up in tape and bandaids to keep it on my toe, is it in danger of coming off completely if I go running?

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    man, this is the least realistic fight ever.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey hey hey guys

hey

guys

can somebody please post that Prawnyo graphic?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    my mom said that my toenail falling off was good (O_o) because then the new one would grow in

uh yeah but

that's gonna take over 5 months

>_<

And I dunno, I actually realized these girls are really nice when you hang out with them, but I have always been more of the "stay in room" type of person

siiiigh we will see how it all goes

So, question...if my toenail is halfway detached, even if I have it wrapped up in tape and bandaids to keep it on my toe, is it in danger of coming off completely if I go running?

Yes. But then again the likelyhood is that it will come off anyway. In fact it would probably be best if it did come off, as if a new one grows where the old one is you could be in for a shitload of horrible pain.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    or that you're too tired to be watching a movie, especially if you didn't even know you fell asleep.

You know how sometimes you doze off for a few seconds/minutes but it's so light and unrestful you don't even realize it until you see a clock

It was a series of those

Me Too! on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    But if it does come off I'm still in a shitload of horrible pain

not to mention i will have a completely exposed big toenail area, and that can't be much less painful, or conducive to running...

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah you want that toenail to come off.

Remember a week ago I was telling you it should be removed?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

not to mention i will have a completely exposed big toenail area, and that can't be much less painful, or conducive to running...

elliptical machine

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    Yeah you want that toenail to come off.

Remember a week ago I was telling you it should be removed?
    A week ago, it was totally fine! The doctor said it didn't need to be removed, just leave it alone

Stupid suitcase pulled it up and it's all been downhill from there

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How do people lose entire fingernails or toenails?

edit: oh, luggage. Well that makes sense.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

You know how sometimes you doze off for a few seconds/minutes but it's so light and unrestful you don't even realize it until you see a clock

It was a series of those

no, I've never had that.

Variable on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

At this point having the nail there could be doing more harm then good as it sounds like the nail is already starting to come away from the skin underneath and causing irritation, hence the pain. If the nail's removed then more then likely you'll still feel pain but the skin might heal a bit quicker for you.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You know, the crazy thing about the kennedys is that the person who was supposed to be president was the oldest -- Joseph Jr., who died in WWII.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Coldred wrote: »

3.30 am.

I don't have a lot of incentives to sleep at the moment. It means I have to deal with tomorrow sooner. Where's the fun in that.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You know what. I've learned something today. Toasted sesame oil is not an acceptable substitute for sun flower. It's not an acceptable substitute because it has a flash point below two hundred and forty degrees.

The good news is that I'm not dead. The bad news is: Oh God, the smoke.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    No Bama, I had actually stubbed it very badly in July, so there was already a great deal of injury and bleeding under the toe making it weak...the suitcase just exacerbated the situation by a billion

Podly: I don't know how to use machines in gyms...and I like running alone to avoid people

Also if it's like a treadmill I like being able to change my speed at my leisure

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't have a lot of incentives to sleep at the moment. It means I have to deal with tomorrow sooner. Where's the fun in that.
    I know, and hate, that feeling.

It's self-reinforcing too, what with tomorrow sucking even more because you're sleep deprived.

Bama on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2009
    Jason is played by such a terrible actor. Boo! Get off!

Bring on the skeletons!

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    I know, and hate, that feeling.

It's self-reinforcing too, what with tomorrow sucking even more because you're sleep deprived.
    It works out when you can exploit your Ph D student status and take a day off whenever you want. It can't be good for my overall productivity, but such is waiting for things to arrive. Which I seem to be doing a lot of lately.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    You know what. I've learned something today. Toasted sesame oil is not an acceptable substitute for sun flower. It's not an acceptable substitute because it has a flash point below two hundred and forty degrees.

The good news is that I'm not dead. The bad news is: Oh God, the smoke.

Well, it's good that you learned something from it. At least you haven't lost your eyebrows.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/14906/black-holes-the-other-side-of-infinity

Oh shiiiiiit

watching right now, looks so interesting

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    No Bama, I had actually stubbed it very badly in July, so there was already a great deal of injury and bleeding under the toe making it weak...the suitcase just exacerbated the situation by a billion

Podly: I don't know how to use machines in gyms...and I like running alone to avoid people

Also if it's like a treadmill I like being able to change my speed at my leisure
    You go completely at your own pace on an elliptical, though you can set programs that will automatically adjust resistance and whatnot. Think of it like a stationary bike. I have to use them because I get shin splints if I dream about running. They're low-impact, so you should be much better off.

Bama on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    They're making ANOTHER fucking Saw movie?

critic_beating_dead_horse.jpg

EDIT: Bonus, when looking for that gif, I found a website explaining in critical detail how Islamists were taking over the world. *sigh*

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ellipticals are really cool except for having to go to a gym.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/14906/black-holes-the-other-side-of-infinity

Oh shiiiiiit

watching right now, looks so interesting

I like how they use the tomb raider type face

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.