As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Fire Emblem: Siege of Phallae - Game Over: Cochran Spies are Victorious

1189190191192193195»

• Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Also, thanks, Rend. I appreciate it.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Daius wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote:
    Nolan is actually pretty fantastic as a third tier unit. As for Edward...truth be told my Zihark turned out better than Edward, due to the stat growth bonuses from PoR data.

Nolan, Zihark and Leonardo were the 3 I ended up using from the Dawn Brigade. Zihark because I loved using him in PoR, and Nolan/Leonardo because I hate Boyd/Rolf/Shinon, and so needed any alternate Axe or Bow users I could find.

Only Zihark ever ended up being useful though.
    cj iwakura wrote:
    You all have me playing Radiant Dawn for the first time.

Between the difficulty, enjoyable story, and lack of supports, I don't know whether I'll love it, or it's going to break me.

Oh, it will break you. One of the tests to differentiate between Humans and Robots is to check whether they get horribly frustrated with a Fire Emblem game. You'll love it none-the-less though. Especially in late game where all your favourite characters are all unstoppable killing machines.

That goes double for Ike. What with
    Ragnell. Once he gets Ragnell back in Radiant Dawn, no one is safe. It has a range of 2. I remember sending Ike in first in Duke Olivers abandoned old mansion only to watch as a billion or so people tried to range attack Ike and got horribly maimed for their trouble.

And on a pseudo-unrelated note, I've actually heard that Skrimir is capable of stat growth that outdoes even Caineghis.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Krata,

As long as you are not interefering with other player's ability to have fun, then nobody should have issue with what you do. People enjoy winning. So if you are actively trying to make your team lose for you to have fun, you aren't doing anybody any favors.

Villagers have the ability to take risks or voice whatever they want. If you watched the game at all, notice I was a generic villager and I was called all sorts of names for trying to help out by coming up with ideas I think were useful. I defended myself so as not to die by the vote because I knew it was a 100% chance of losing a good guy.

You should not care if you're good or bad at the game. As long as you are not sabotaging your side's chances of winning to have fun, then ultimately, nobody has issue with you playing.

If I decided to do something out of spite to the village because they voted me off, it's a dick move and I caused a number of other people to have less fun.

Normal villagers are expendable, yes. I'm hoping you do not have the attitude that you are a useless addition to the game if you have no powers via PM to the moderators. With that kind of attitude, you will likely not enjoy most the games you play because most games have a high number of players who have a vote and nothing more. Numbers means a lot, your vote can make the difference in competing bandwagons and most of all, you can voice your opinions to try and make a difference. Many of us do and regardless of the role we get, we try to help our team out so we can win.

Ardor on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My point is that I want to keep playing the game, rather than being forced out, whenever possible.

Why is this wrong?

If you have to eat a bandwagon or the seer eats the bandwagon....which do you choose?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man, when I'm a villager I'm playing to win because that's what you're supposed to do, it's a game with a victory condition and everyone is fully intended to play for it. As mentioned these games don't work right when people don't.

I've been plenty useful as a villager taking out mafia with nothing but a little hard work, some games I'm "useless" and just a vig target, but hey I try. The base mafia game is a game of numbers as well and if you're not playing to win you're tilting the scales.

It's like playing D&D at the table and being the only Defender but deciding oh hey I just wanna hit stuff hard and then your entire party dies because of poor tactics and people not playing their roles. The character may be fun to you but you're being rude to your gaming group by not playing the role you were given and at least expected to attempt.

And I do love me some roleplaying inside and outside of Phalla. I don't think you actually play horrible Krata, I just think you are wrong about not having winning as a priority because this is a group game (a huge group) and it's not fun for many when people don't try and they lose because of it.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man, all this talk of the Fire Emblem games makes me remember that I still have to finish Path of Radiance and then find a copy of Radiant Dawn. I'm only about halfway through the former title, I just have to stop making stupid mistakes against those ravens.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Man, all this talk of the Fire Emblem games makes me remember that I still have to finish Path of Radiance and then find a copy of Radiant Dawn. I'm only about halfway through the former title, I just have to stop making stupid mistakes against those ravens.

Learn that skill now while you still can. Radiant Dawn will punish the shit out of you for making mistakes.

You really have to play it safe in that game.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I personally take the view that if I die before the end then I personally only get a 'minor victory', so to speak.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I personally take the view that if I die before the end then I personally only get a 'minor victory', so to speak.

I'm the exact opposite. If I die by my enemies hand then I consider it a job well done. If you're never worth killing then you're not really doing much to earn the victory.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I just want to enjoy the game, and so I get into it as much as I can. Most of the "objectionable" things I've done in the past include: Getting into my character/role and playing it up for all it's worth, and having more fun with my post restrictions than should be legal. You'd be shocked how nasty some people have gotten with me over that, and how many times it's gotten me killed.
    Those people are terrible and should be lynched.

I think it's obvious that I'm pro-doing something unique as a villager that may well be very, very, VERY far beyond what your bare bones role PM said. However, I do think that you should be trying to fulfill your win condition at all times; as a villager, that means being active and helping out the village. Now, if you're having a ton of fun with your role and actually helping, people might not try to bandwagon you, at least for a few days until the village gets stupid again. Or maybe you attract a mafia kill, which is perfectly okay. It's sort of the point of you being a villager.

But if you're having fun by yourself and not really contributing, it seems a bit selfish to me. Mind, I'm sure there will always be someone who will be entertained by a given person's antics so you are enhancing their experience, but it's indisputable that you help the village as a whole by putting your theories and ideas out there. Even if it's in haiku or iambic pentameter.

I'm the exact opposite. If I die by my enemies hand then I consider it a job well done. If you're never worth killing then you're not really doing much to earn the victory.
    Absolutely. As a vanillager, the more kills I've had targeted at me by mafia and more attention I've taken up, the better I consider myself as having done.

This was a good game.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I for one was very happy when I got pretty much quadruple killed one night in the TehSloth's High School Phalla. I basically fulfilled my roll 4 times over. I also got double killed in the Planetary Diplomacy Phalla thing (don't remember what it was called). To me, the BEST thing I can ever do in a game is suck up multiple kills.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    Chen wrote: »
    JESUS CHRIST YOU ARE HORRIBLE AT FIRE EMBLEM.

ALL OF YOU.

ESPECIALLY B:L AND SPECTRUM. :p

Sorry Chen, I TRIED to heavily hint that you should choose someone else as a guard. :lol:

AND SPECTRUM AND I WERE BUSY!
    255338.jpg
    Pffft, you're not a pretty little princess.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This thread has taken quite the turn.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    B:L is a big fan of canon and Chen is a big fan of Gender Flip.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Unless you both have vaginas I think you have it backwards.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    At the very least, B:L could have tried to use art with an actual Knight character.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    At the very least, B:L could have tried to use art with an actual Knight character.

It's the one that looks closest to the Goltana Knight!

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Out of all the characters from Sacred Stones, she's the most appropriate. I mean, she's an actual Lord at least. Unless I'm forgetting someone, I don't think there are actually any female Knight/Generals in that game, nor any Lords that particularly fit the bill.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    fess-amelia.jpg

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Out of all the characters from Sacred Stones, she's the most appropriate. I mean, she's an actual Lord at least. Unless I'm forgetting someone, I don't think there are actually any female Knight/Generals in that game, nor any Lords that particularly fit the bill.

Eh, that's true enough. Amelia could be promoted to the Knight class, but everybody promotes her to Cavalier. (ON PREVIEW: Ah, beat by Chen.)

... why are we even discussing this? :/

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »

Eh, that's true enough. Amelia could be promoted to the Knight class, but everybody promotes her to Cavalier. (ON PREVIEW: Ah, beat by Chen.)

... why are we even discussing this? :/

I think I promoted her to General. Because having a General that actually dodges attacks is funny.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Well, I was meaning more if I get killed by my own side, by vote or vig.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I just got on the internet.

Oh shizz we won!

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, this is a badguy win I can take pride in.

Also, Malkor...
    Title/Location Hi5

LightRider on