[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Strangers With Candy is fantastic

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    yes it is

I think it's the best thing Stephen Colbert's ever done

and he's done so many awesome things

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This has been the weirdest damn thread, even for SE.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    that's just how we do

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    is the entirety of Strangers With Candy on Hulu?

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    if it is I may just have to start using hulu

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I believe they do have the entire series

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009

See, now there's something good about not being in Canada any more!

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    AMP'd wrote: »

Two seconds of checking later and the answer is yes.

EDIT: I am sad they lost the rights to the entirety of it's always sunny.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    The Geek wrote: »

See, now there's something good about not being in Canada any more!

it's not canada I miss, it's just one of the people from there

I don't really care where the hell I am as long as it's with the person I care about

also yes I know you were joking

it is nice that I can exploit netflix's free trial to watch beast machines though

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh fun

Gingrich: Sotomayor 'racist,' should withdraw nomination
    Rush Limbaugh isn't the only one calling Sonia Sotomayor a racist. Newt Gingrich is, too — and he's demanding that Obama's pick to the Supreme Court withdraw her nomination.

On Twitter, Gingrich pointed to a line in Sotomayor's 2001 speech to a Hispanic group in Berkeley that has drawn fire from some conservatives.

On Wednesday, Gingrich tweeted: "Imagine a judicial nominee said 'my experience as a white man makes me better than a latina woman.' new racism is no better than old racism."

Moments later, he followed up with the message: "White man racist nominee would be forced to withdraw. Latina woman racist should also withdraw."

JoeUser on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Rich white guys screaming racism. Nice.

GRMike on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    from what I gather about the comment these guys are pissing themselves about, all she was saying is that, as a minority who was not necessarily raised in well-to-do conditions, she might have a better grasp of certain judicial decisions than someone who grew up with money, and never had the negative stigma of being a minority

and I think that is a reasonable statement

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Damn slaveowners.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Funny how the people making the biggest stink are the ones who have no say whatsoever in the confirmation process

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Remind me why anyone gives a shit what newt cares about?

How long has it been since the man has been in office? Oh, right, 11 years. What kind of approval ratings does he currently hold, anyway? Oh right, as shitty as every other Republican official.

Fuck him, he's meaningless.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    AMP'd wrote: »

Two seconds of checking later and the answer is yes.

EDIT: I am sad they lost the rights to the entirety of it's always sunny.

awesome

that looks like a good series

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The republicans are confusing losing with being cheated, being out of control, and worst of all tyranny from the Obama administration. It's like they forgot that if a guy from the other party wins the presidential election, he will most likely do things they don't like. Apparently they thought the Democrats were happy as pigs in shit for 8 years under Bush instead of being all WARRGGGGLLLBURGGGLE. Now that they're all WARRGGGLLLBURRKAGGKAGGGGKKLLLL they think they're the only people to have ever felt that way. That losing sucks and not being in charge is like eating a shit sandwich everyday.

They need to pace themselves. Obama still has at least another 3 1/2 years to piss them off. If they keep going thing strong, they'll run out of rage sometime in 2010.

Hunter on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    sure is nice to watch the republicans flail about in nigh-moribundity, though

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    so when does she get confirmed anyway

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Obama wants to get it done before the court goes on recess or whatever. So hopefully near the end of june/july

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Fallout wrote: »

I'm not one to do politics of "you fucked us when you were all powerful, so now we're going to fuck you back", but honestly...it's like the Republicans thought they didn't piss in the Democrat's cheerios for like 6 of 8 years under Bush. Same way the Democrats flipped them off under the Clinton admin. Same way the Republicans said "fuck off" under Reagan-Bush 1 for 12 years. It's a cycle of torment.

It's hilarious. Our elected officials are like children. Children with control of trillion dollar budgets, nuclear weapons, and our infrastructure. I only laugh to keep the fear from driving me insane.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hunter wrote: »

I'm not one to do politics of "you fucked us when you were all powerful, so now we're going to fuck you back", but honestly...it's like the Republicans thought they didn't piss in the Democrat's cheerios for like 6 of 8 years under Bush. Same way the Democrats flipped them off under the Clinton admin. Same way the Republicans said "fuck off" under Reagan-Bush 1 for 12 years. It's a cycle of torment.

It's hilarious. Our elected officials are like children. Children with control of trillion dollar budgets, nuclear weapons, and our infrastructure. I only laugh to keep the fear from driving me insane.

They also didn't realize that allowing the executive branch to consolidate power could possibly turn against them.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    The republicans are confusing losing with being cheated, being out of control, and worst of all tyranny from the Obama administration. It's like they forgot that if a guy from the other party wins the presidential election, he will most likely do things they don't like. Apparently they thought the Democrats were happy as pigs in shit for 8 years under Bush instead of being all WARRGGGGLLLBURGGGLE. Now that they're all WARRGGGLLLBURRKAGGKAGGGGKKLLLL they think they're the only people to have ever felt that way. That losing sucks and not being in charge is like eating a shit sandwich everyday.

They need to pace themselves. Obama still has at least another 3 1/2 years to piss them off. If they keep going thing strong, they'll run out of rage sometime in 2010.
    Obviously this means we need to open up ANWAR to rage mining to bolster our flagging reserves

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    does anyone have any records of what these toolboxes said about the nom back when she was a Bush nominee to the bench at the District level?

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

this is why there's only one political group i support

http://www.vhemt.org/

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Butters wrote: »
    My input would be that while it is incredibly sad that CNN puts this on their front page it does not however warrant a thread.
    Yeah I mean, front page news on CNN is one thing.

But a thread about it? Whoa whoaa there, let's not go crazy.

jwalk on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

this is why there's only one political group i support

http://www.vhemt.org/

might want to to update their site's design from 1999

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Druhim wrote: »

Obviously this means we need to open up ANWAR to rage mining to bolster our flagging reserves

I seriously think that if Obama gets a 2nd term that Glenn Beck will go on live TV and just explode from sheer rage.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Yes but when have the Republicans ever been about sustainability?

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Druhim wrote: »

I seriously think that if Obama gets a 2nd term that Glenn Beck will go on live TV and just explode from sheer rage.
    Maybe this time he'll pour gasoline on himself instead of some other guy, and then explode.

That would be neat.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    pismo no homopismo no homo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_052609/content/01125106.guest.html

you should all just read this entire transcript. it's so good.

"So here you have a racist. You might want to soften that and you might want to say a reverse racist. And the libs of course say that minorities cannot be racists because they don't have the power to implement their racism. Well, those days are gone because reverse racists certainly do have the power to implement their power. Obama is the greatest living example of a reverse racist, and now he's appointed one -- you getting this, AP? -- Sonia Sotomayor to the US Supreme Court."

i really hope obama's strategy here was to pick a chicana/latina woman so that in attacking her the republicans would completely alienate themselves from that entire community.

and uh fallout i think you misspelled www.randpaul2010.com

pismo no homo on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Most politicians never grew out of their High-school phase. Everything is just incredibly petty bickering and postering. Not only do they have to beat the other guy, they have to belittle and humiliate him.

What's that, can't win your arguement with facts or logic? No problem, just call the other guy a fag (or a liberal or any other dirty word) and drown out his voice with childish taunts and mocking laughter.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    The problem with politics is it's a career. It's a way to make a ton of money and be powerful too.

There's no money in fixing shit. The money is in the treatments, not the cure.

Hunter on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    american race politics are so dense, with a thousand different eggshells to step on

like first you have the term reverse racism, which implies that applying racial stereotypes to white americans is somehow in a different category than when applying them to an asian american. as if non-whites are somehow more innocent than white people in regards to racism. you never hear about white on white racism, or black on black racism. it's when some social line is crossed that headlines are made.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The problem with politics is it's a career. It's a way to make a ton of money and be powerful too.

Quick, write a report claiming that politicians cause autism!

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I thought Rand Paul was some kind of mutant hybrid of Ron Paul and Ayn Rand.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    i wonder what kind of politics we'll have in a few thousand years as our descendants look back on us and go "heh oh man can you believe those cavemen??"

(probably exactly the same)

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »

Quick, write a report claiming that politicians cause autism!

Jenny McCarthy will become an anarchist advocate in response

Meissnerd on