Options

Ghostbusters - Out NOW! - Bustin' makes us feel good.

• Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Bamelin wrote: »
    The thing that makes the game so awesome .... they really captured exactly how I dreamed it would feel like to capture a ghost in the stream and then pull it into the trap.

Most of the reviewers are right on the money ... without the ghost buster liscense it would just be an average game, but the story and the feel of the proton pack combined with massive amounts of nogestalia (sp?) makes the game a winner to me.

It feels like a very solid first-outing to me, where they'll perfect the issues with subsequent sequels. Let's hope they actually get a chance to make some.

And I just finished my second, casual playthrough, 890/890'ing the game.
    Damn online, multiplayer-only achievements!

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    tofu wrote: »
    Joolander wrote: »
    come on now

ghostbusters 2 may not have been as good as 1, but by no means was it a bad movie

Here is a handy chart I have produced, you can print it out and it fits in your wallet!

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2553/ghostbustersg.jpg

Ok, so it's not as good as the original, but seriously, remember that "average movie" is still pretty fucking godawful.

Hevach on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ffffffffff Why does this have to be out now, and why does there have to be a Bill Murray marathon with both Ghostbusters on tv when I'm tempted to buy it?

360 folks, how much longevity do you think I could get out of the multiplayer for this? I'm already expecting multiple singleplayer playthroughs

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ffffffffff Why does this have to be out now, and why does there have to be a Bill Murray marathon with both Ghostbusters on tv when I'm tempted to buy it?

360 folks, how much longevity do you think I could get out of the multiplayer for this? I'm already expecting multiple singleplayer playthroughs

A ps3 owner imagining the multi to be the same I'd say alot. Been having a blast on every mode except protection. Even that one wasn't bad just not as good as the others.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The thing that makes the game so awesome .... they really captured exactly how I dreamed it would feel like to capture a ghost in the stream and then pull it into the trap.

Most of the reviewers are right on the money ... without the ghost buster liscense it would just be an average game, but the story and the feel of the proton pack combined with massive amounts of nogestalia (sp?) makes the game a winner to me.

It feels like a very solid first-outing to me, where they'll perfect the issues with subsequent sequels. Let's hope they actually get a chance to make some.

uh you did both the over 3mil (easy i guess) and under 100k(harder) achievements? :o

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    SollahSollah Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

End boss fight
    I was a little disappointed that his weakness was the meson collider. I really felt like the last weapon you use in the game should be the standard proton pack.
    Yeah, I would have liked at least to have to cross the streams in-game and then see the result during the final cutscene.

And man, there's so much bonus concept art for this game. It looks like a lot of enemies never made it off the drawing board. Some I'm glad about, because some of them look downright terrifying.

Sollah on
    palonelydriver.gif
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »

uh you did both the over 3mil (easy i guess) and under 100k(harder) achievements? :o

Yeah, first time through I did a Pro run, hunting down every artifact and scan, and racking up massive damage. Second time, I did a Casual run, doing as little damage as possible. Finally tally when the credit ran was under $20,000.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    tofu wrote: »
    Joolander wrote: »
    come on now

ghostbusters 2 may not have been as good as 1, but by no means was it a bad movie

Here is a handy chart I have produced, you can print it out and it fits in your wallet!

[awful graph]

not to start anything, but i can see that your opinion has little merit as you named yourself after a meat substitute

anyway, as for the game being average without the license: i think itd be less "average" and more of one of those really fun, off beat games no--one has ever heard of.

i mean, if ghostbusters didnt exist, and you told somebody you were playing a game where you hunt and trap ghosts, but in the same way that a firefighter hunts and traps fires (with a little detective work thrown in) they'd say "hey thats mildly interesting" and theyd never pick it up or think twice about it

Joolander on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    1d3e13598e76.jpg

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    1d3e13598e76.jpg

What. The. Fuck?

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    yes prime

it would be like that, but better

Joolander on
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Spoiler question:
    I'm on the ghost castle island place... how close am I to finishing the game? I fear I'm very close D:

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    uh, one more stage after

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tofu is delicious if you know how to cook it, but I wouldn't expect someone as ignorant as yourself to know that.

lol meat substitute

tofu on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Okay, thanks. :(

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Joolander on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    1d3e13598e76.jpg

What. The. Fuck?

this game was really good when it came out

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    unfortunately they cut at least one whole level out of the final game and it's really obvious where they cut it and it seems like it would have been fun to play.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    unfortunately they cut at least one whole level out of the final game and it's really obvious where they cut it and it seems like it would have been fun to play.

I'm not following, what level are you getting at?

Hawk on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hawk wrote: »

A stage/mission involving a parade. The Mayor mentions it when you meet him at the end of the library stage "Messing up my Library, Parade, and now Museum!?" and you see footage of what would have been a CGI cutscene in the firehouse on a TV before the last mission.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hawk wrote: »

A stage/mission involving a parade. The Mayor mentions it when you meet him at the end of the library stage "Messing up my Library, Parade, and now Museum!?" and you see footage of what would have been a CGI cutscene in the firehouse on a TV before the last mission.
    Yeah when you're at the firehouse it's afternoon and then it goes to a cutscene where it's pitch dark out.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    AlienCowThatMoosAlienCowThatMoos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Malechai wrote: »
    hm i don't have that O_o

Neither do I. Must be an American only thing.

I'd gladly trade my zombie/mayor multiplayer skins for the extra european maps.

So even Europe got awesome things and Canada didn't? Come on, Europe always gets the shaft!
    Man, I'm looking up the Real Ghostbusters, and I forgot they turned Egon into a blonde. Weirdest character change ever.

It's the same reason they gave them all different colored uniforms; in animation you need to make all the characters look distinctive. Winston's the black guy, but the other three are all white guys with brown hair wearing identical clothing.

AlienCowThatMoos on
    SpidermanSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Malechai wrote: »
    hm i don't have that O_o

Neither do I. Must be an American only thing.

I'd gladly trade my zombie/mayor multiplayer skins for the extra european maps.

So even Europe got awesome things and Canada didn't? Come on, Europe always gets the shaft!
    Man, I'm looking up the Real Ghostbusters, and I forgot they turned Egon into a blonde. Weirdest character change ever.

It's the same reason they gave them all different colored uniforms; in animation you need to make all the characters look distinctive. Winston's the black guy, but the other three are all white guys with brown hair wearing identical clothing.

Yep: See TMNT and not only the Bandana colors but the skin tone changes.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I will buy the shit out of this ASAP

http://therealghostbusters.com/?p=97

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Huh.

The PC version only allows you to have one saved career at a time.

SJ on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Same with PS3 and 360 versions.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Gay.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1bR1cbGOaU&feature=player_embedded

We didn't see any stages use this tech, it seems.

Edit: And he mentions the Thanksgiving Day parade stage at the end of the clip.

Curiouser and Curiouser.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Grizzly_AddamsGrizzly_Addams Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    So besides the numerous errors getting started with the PC version, I am liking the game a lot.

I am having two major problems I'm hoping someone might be able to address.

1) The mouse seems laggy. I have a Logitech G5 laser mouse and no matter what combination of hardware DPI and in game sensitivity settings the in game crosshair movement just lags behind my physical mouse movements, and the rate of movement of the cross hair seems to increase with the time spent moving it. Anyone experiencing this?

2) Whats up with fighting 5 ghosts in one small room (or enclosed street area) where they do moves that you are obviously supposed to jump or dodge or sidestep (whatever you want to call it) away from but are constantly battling the impassible terrain and debris causing you to be unable to avoid the attacks?

Grizzly_Addams on
    Dr+Bongenstein.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Concerning the...
    Parade level that may or may not have been cut.

In the video folder in your install dir on the PC there are CS_PAR_06.ogv and CS_PAR_07.ogv (which can be opened with VLC)... I don't remember seeing these played during the game... of course I was pretty drunk when I played it.

LittleBoots on

• Options
    edited June 2009
    I will buy the shit out of this ASAP

http://therealghostbusters.com/?p=97

Be prepared for each 6" figure to cost about $30 and for them to release each figure about 3 months apart from each other.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    We didn't see any stages use this tech, it seems.

Edit: And he mentions the Thanksgiving Day parade stage at the end of the clip.

Curiouser and Curiouser.

I don't think we ever really saw people at the scene of action. There were a few people running around at the museum, but certainly not a crowd, and they mostly took off in a hurry if they weren't possessed (by the end of the fight there didn't seem to be anybody left except Peck, and they seemed to just take turns possessing him while I slimed the ever loving Jesus out of him). The street was empty and full of abandoned cars during the Staypuft level - I'd just assumed the police had already evacuated the area, since Winston's dialog made it sound like Staypuft had been wrecking the city for quite a while while I was too busy lowering property values to look out the window. Still, that does make me wonder. Between that crowd stuff and the parade level, I wonder how much ended up dropped from the game and why?

Hevach on
  • Options
    DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Are we still talking about whether or not GB2 is good or not? 'Cuz I kinda enjoyed GB2 but agree that its not as good as the first.

Still, it's got some pretty good moments. Like the part where they are in court. Bundle of laughs.

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If there was a Parade level you can bet itll be DLC in the future.

I mean, the back of the box does say Content Download so...I guess that could mean anything from Themes to Gamerpictures though, even so, most dont say that if only themes and pics are what they plan to release (although some games do sadly).

So maybe SOMETHING. The most likely scenario is maps for online but hey....we can hope.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    They've already stated that the parade level was just for tech demos and the like and never meant to be a part of the actual game.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    In Playstation monthly they had an interview with Ackroyd and Ramis about the Game. One of the things that Dan mentions is the cutting of the parade level where the ghostbusters would have had to fight a thanksgiving day parade balloon.

He said they cut it for time constraints to get the game out for the 25th anniversary.

Mystery solved.

Also -- I can't afford the big Time-Life boxset of RGB the entire Series. BUT they are releasing them Volume by Volume!

I picked up Volume I at Wal-mart last week!

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh yeah I heard something about the Parade level. It's a shame.

The only came that comes to mind that mentions content download, and never delivered was Too Human. Now that was a poorly reviewed game, and by the consumers either a love it or hate it game.

So I think we might find some meaningful DLC, but logically it'll be multiplayer related I think.

Hawk on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    In Playstation monthly they had an interview with Ackroyd and Ramis about the Game. One of the things that Dan mentions is the cutting of the parade level where the ghostbusters would have had to fight a thanksgiving day parade balloon.

He said they cut it for time constraints to get the game out for the 25th anniversary.

Mystery solved.

I'm calling bullshit on this simply because the game was supposed to come out late last year, was it not? They had six months where it simply sat on a shelf collecting dust where they could have finished the stage.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    But if the rest of the game was finished with the parade level gone then it would have been a financial risk to do that.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    george-xgeorge-x New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Mystery solved.

I'm calling bullshit on this simply because the game was supposed to come out late last year, was it not? They had six months where it simply sat on a shelf collecting dust where they could have finished the stage.

Didn't they have tons of publisher issues? The game may have been stamped and submitted, and the delay you mention may just be publisher fault and other issues.

george-x on
    roster.gif