The Phalliad: Hades

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    So, do we kill Cass first?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Uh, Elkamil, we vote to kill the living.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    No I still maintain my innocence, even if none of you will believe me. I'm just a bitter, bitter hoplite.

If we kill the dead does that make them the living?

tofu on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Some observations:

18 people were killed by the spies tonight. Jeffe said the spies got to choose 5 of them. Notice that the number of spies alive after the staking for the first three nights was 7,6, and 5 respectively. Since 7+6+5 = 18, I suspect the number of nightly kills the living spies get is equal to the number of remaining spies. If this is true, then it means it's in our best interest to kill spies as fast as possible despite the powers they gain when dead. After all, the first two spy powers at any rate are one-time use, while each night a spy lives gives them an extra kill. Bad for us.

Smasher on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    FYI precisionk just came out in support of "spreadsheet boy" which I'm going to assume means Squashua. So if we are going with the theory that one or the other is a spy, it means the other might be too. The post in question:
    precisionk wrote: »
    As I am way too tired to think up of a list of potential suspects, someone needs to do so. Do we still have the spreadsheet boy? I hope so, because that man is worth his weight in gold.

And now looking over the vote history it seems unlikely that they are both spies though certainly one or the other could be.

Locus on
  • Options
    BunyipBunyip Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Couldn't hurt to kill Cass again though. Maybe that's how we get to the secret Hades. Extra life!

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    Some observations:

18 people were killed by the spies tonight. Jeffe said the spies got to choose 5 of them. Notice that the number of spies alive after the staking for the first three nights was 7,6, and 5 respectively. Since 7+6+5 = 18, I suspect the number of nightly kills the living spies get is equal to the number of remaining spies. If this is true, then it means it's in our best interest to kill spies as fast as possible despite the powers they gain when dead. After all, the first two spy powers at any rate are one-time use, while each night a spy lives gives them an extra kill. Bad for us.

I unno maybe its just me but from the sounds of the narration it might start from having the spies kill the hoplites from within instead of another massive raid. But than again we can't know for sure.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well in that line of thinking, and since I no longer have to worry about the spies targeting me for speaking out... I !vote for PrecisionK(Are vote rules the same here?)

Hes been incredible suspicious to me all game, generally sowing confusion and arguing against plans that make sense(to me anyway).

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I'm thinking so, don't see why not. I;m going to hold off my vote till tomorrow.

I;m guessing now there isn't any use to backdoor pming here is there? Unless theres some power unlocked or something we want to hide from the spies.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think we should wait until closer to the deadline to start actually voting, to make sure we don't overlap with the living vote. Unless, of course, we want to overlap with the living vote.

Locus on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well, its plausible that Tofu was a hoplite and one of the randomn 13 was a spy, if the spies were part of the random drawing as well that is. I mentioned that if I was Athan I would kill Saburbia because Saburbia was connecting dots and asking the right kind of questions.

Also, no, I am not a special, I don't even want to get into the seers and their incompetence right now.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    I'm thinking so, don't see why not. I;m going to hold off my vote till tomorrow.

I;m guessing now there isn't any use to backdoor pming here is there? Unless theres some power unlocked or something we want to hide from the spies.

Yea PMs are kinda worthless unless the dead-village gets some power that isn't public, or we suspect someone of cheating and passing info.(Can mods read PMs sent to/from other people?)

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Some observations:

I unno maybe its just me but from the sounds of the narration it might start from having the spies kill the hoplites from within instead of another massive raid. But than again we can't know for sure.

I'll be honest; I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.

Smasher on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yes the vote rules are the same here. I'm going to hold off on voting until more stuff happens in the living thread though. Johannen and DarkPrimus are still at the top of my list of Grecians.

EDIT: Apparently DarkPrimus was killed.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    Well, its plausible that Tofu was a hoplite and one of the randomn 13 was a spy, if the spies were part of the random drawing as well that is. I mentioned that if I was Athan I would kill Saburbia because Saburbia was connecting dots and asking the right kind of questions.

Also, no, I am not a special, I don't even want to get into the seers and their incompetence right now.

Do you know who the dead seer is? And I'm guessing you were sorta right if I was one of the people that was selected by the spies for last night.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

If you're not a special, how do you know what the Seers have been up to?

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Some observations:

Well from the sounds of it you think there will be no spy kills for a few days than another huge massacre depending on how many are left? Or do you mean that the spy kills are just according to their numbers in general.

Cause in the narration Athan says "Retreat, we will kill them from within."
    Which makes me think they are going to start doing daily kills now.

Of course what you said makes sense for the previous massacre.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Locus wrote: »
    FYI precisionk just came out in support of "spreadsheet boy" which I'm going to assume means Squashua. So if we are going with the theory that one or the other is a spy, it means the other might be too. The post in question:
    precisionk wrote: »
    As I am way too tired to think up of a list of potential suspects, someone needs to do so. Do we still have the spreadsheet boy? I hope so, because that man is worth his weight in gold.

Also, I just had an idea. What if we vote the same person the living do? Does that count as one, unblockable kill?

Umm... yeah, single, unblockable kill.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Some observations:

Well from the sounds of it you think there will be no spy kills for a few days than another huge massacre depending on how many are left? Or do you mean that the spy kills are just according to their numbers in general.

Nah, I meant the number of kills each night would depend on the number of spies alive. So if I'm right, there will be either 5 or 4 (or maybe 3 if both we and the living manage to hit a spy) spy kills tonight.

There's certainly a chance I'm wrong, but it seems pretty plausible to me.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Some observations:

Nah, I meant the number of kills each night would depend on the number of spies alive. So if I'm right, there will be either 5 or 4 (or maybe 3 if both we and the living manage to hit a spy) spy kills tonight.

That sounds like overkill to me since theres only 40 up there right now. I'm guessing they would have maybe a kill or two, plus 2 kills from both living and dead voting, the 5 one off vigilante kill, and at the moment the one dead spy kill.
    There's certainly a chance I'm wrong, but it seems pretty plausible to me.

2 kills sound more plausible just at a common view, since 4 deaths a night with the chance of a extra kill or two sounds like the game won't end so soon.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    (Can mods read PMs sent to/from other people?)

Yeah, though I don't think any of us do unless there's a damned good reason (and making sure nobody is cheating at a forum game isn't a good reason.)

We can also see what any forumer is doing at any given moment.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Aw, go on. Spirit Gossip!

Spirit powers, Forces of Phallia:
    Spirit Gossip - The Spirits get to say something really bitchy about someone alive every day, and the fleshies don't even get to respond.

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Last Son wrote: »
    (Can mods read PMs sent to/from other people?)

Yeah, though I don't think any of us do unless there's a damned good reason (and making sure nobody is cheating at a forum game isn't a good reason.)

We can also see what any forumer is doing at any given moment.

So you can see if someone from the living is reading this thread? :^:

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    ElJeffe said all actions happen simultaneously at narration, so I think the spies get their kills even if they die that same night. He mentioned that if a guardian dies his target is still protected that night.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Oh man I just noticed I have the most posts in this thread, twice as many as the person who is in second. I think I shall head to bed now and cosey up with my greek history book.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Which doesn't actually mean anything because they could just be reading the first two posts. Anyways, Lord Cecil Eaglelaser, Ronniedobbs, or Elkamil should be the first three we kill. I think Ronniedobbs should go first, but you guys decide.

I !vote to kill Ronniedobbs

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Luckily, our network had an informant end up being slaughtered in tonight's invasion who was not only confirmed, but has the information necessary to keep them from voting our specials out.
    Groovy. I'm not sure this person can spill all, but it might be safe for them to identify themselves and at least say "Uh don't vote for that guy" if we're on the wrong track.

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Which doesn't actually mean anything because they could just be reading the first two posts. Anyways, Lord Cecil Eaglelaser, Ronniedobbs, or Elkamil should be the first three we kill. I think Ronniedobbs should go first, but you guys decide.

Elkamil is dead already.
    I think RonnieDobbs is a hoplite, though not a bright one.

I'm not opposed to killing LCE, I am suspicious of him myself but I'd still prefer to kill precisionK.

Last Son on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

Woah there.

That vote was not appreciated. First off, we don't have to kill anybody.

Second off, since we don't have to kill anybody, all votes need to come with damn good reason.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Anyways, Lord Cecil Eaglelaser, Ronniedobbs, or Elkamil should be the first three we kill.
    Elkamil is dead. You can save us some time by including your reasons now rather than with a huffy "You guys are DENSE" post later.

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    gundam470 wrote: »

Woah there.

Second off, since we don't have to kill anybody, all votes need to come with damn good reason.

To prevent Cass and tofu from killing without our consent, the best way not to kill somebody would be to target the same person as the living.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Woah there.

To prevent Cass and tofu from killing without our consent, the best way not to kill somebody would be to target the same person as the living.

Right, which means we don't need to go around making votes like crazy.

That's something a spy would do.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Woah there.

Well we should always vote someone to die, this is a tool that I am sure is meant to keep the game in balance and one we almost completely control.

These three have extremely low post counts and are extremely suspicious for different reasons. Ronnie tried to nix Ardor's plan, and then moved the vote to Johannen. Ardor and I agree Johannen is probably not a spy at this point.

I really don't feel like trudging back and quoting post history for the other two, but go ahead and look for yourself and see if you can figure it out.

Edit: Elkamil is dead? Perhaps I am getting tired.

I retract my vote for Ronniedobbs

I will look at this in the morning.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hey, guys, what's up?

I suppose I should have gone down in less flames, shouldn't I.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    We know Cass is a spy for sure and it seems highly likely that Tofu was one as well. Besides, once we get to the point where we have 4 or 5 spies down here we'll likely have a lot more hoplites here as well. Plus, we can know that certain hoplites (those who die on a day where no spies do) are innocent, and give more weight to those people.

I'm so sorry, but I did say I always seem to get your ass killed. :D

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Your slip about nobody dying for 3 days is what made me vote for you.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I checked all 3 of those guys yesterday and the only one who seemed sufficiently guilty to mention was Elkamil, who's dead. Ronnie supported the Ardor plan early on, and only came off it briefly to support tehspectre before going back to Ardor. And I don't see anything especially strange from Lord Cecil. He voted Senor Fish, Cass, and tofu, and didn't really try to direct the votes in any other way except maybe to squashua.

Can we safely assume the spies knew nothing about the Hades thing? If they knew, they'd be incompetent not to try and get an innocent killed on the last day and send down one of their own. Also, do we know for certain that the random choices were made only from the Hoplites?

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007

That's what swang the vote for me too. That statement was incredibly damning.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Actually, that part didn't sway me. Other people had made the same guess. The bit that had me reasonably convinced was the part about making sure we protect any network hubs that seem to emerge.

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hey, guys, what's up?

I suppose I should have gone down in less flames, shouldn't I.

You were just a little bit obvious.

Tiny bit.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770