As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blazblue: Continuum: Shift: Colons - Changes in OP

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    The title is fucking horrible. Change it.

Give me a suggestion then.

Preferbly without ice cars.

I kinda want to go with this.

NOT THE BEES

And yeah, I'll update the videos. Going with one for each character.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Shrieve wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Hmm...if you're looking for a decent fightstick sadly you're going to end up paying 80+, The SF4 fightstick is your best option at this point and even then I'll say it's only good once modded so probably makes no different than buying a more expensive one.

Laaaameeee. Was hoping something like one of these, would be decent, but it does seem iffy. Oh well guess just money saved.

They're good for entry level sticks. But depending on how much use you put into it, the EX2's buttons turn into shitpiles fairly quickly. Unfortunately swapping out the parts isn't as easy as with a HRAP and would end up having to de-solder/resolder a couple of things. But that actual task is fairly insignificant if you have to tools.

Skut: HRAP is EASY MODO modding. EX2, slightly more involved but not to the point where it's rocket science. If some folks here have the money to burn I'd suggest putting down money to get a guaranteed EX SE from arcade shock. Shipment doesn't come out til Sept. So you're going to be in for a long wait.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    EX2 is a middle of the road stick. It's not terrible or anything, but the damn thing is just so tiny and light. Even with modded parts, it will still move around in your lap and generally be uncomfortable to play. Also the start and xbox buttons on the front panel just asking to be pressed, which means a round loss in a tourney.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The Madcatz Fightpads are supposed to be pretty good, I hear.

The standard Fightstick is $80 but the stick and buttons are crap so you'd eventually have to spend more money for quality parts.

Well looking into the EX2 and upgrading in the future is definitely a possibility. However I did see that the Chun Li fightpad was on amazon for $30, and although I'd prefer a stick, a pad for that cheap might be a nice alternative until I find something else down the road. Most of the reviews there and elsewhere seem to be pretty decent, unless you get a faulty one leaving it as a shitty paperweight. Did anyone around here happen to buy one of the pads at some point?

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I would just go with the madcatz SE stick.

Cheap and easier to mod.

edit: alright, finished putting up some new vids in the gameplay vidjas.

I think that most of them are pretty good, but if you have a video that reps your character better let me know.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I have one of the pads. It's actually really good.

But I mean the sooner you learn stick the better.

Anti talking like you have a stick.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I... have a stick. Hori FS3.

I got it with blazblue.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh snap shit just got real.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'd recommend NOT getting a madcatz SE fightstick. You might get unlucky like I did and begin with a stick with non responsive buttons and joystick action, forcing you to either get some new parts or get lucky and trade it in for free for a TE stick... :D

I played SF4 with a 360 d-pad then had to relearn everything on a stick. I finally settled on a modified wine grip the other day and still have trouble with quick dash like motions. If your buying blazblue, either start with a stick or fightpad from the start. It takes time to relearn muscle memory.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh snap shit just got real.

Word.

Anyone on PSN coming on?

Antihippy on
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Alright Im goin to try and learn a 3rd character! I started with Hakumen, he's pretty solid right now. Went to Tao, fuck Tao, shes just for fun. Carl is pretty solid right now (sortof...) so I got a low tier character, a upper mid tier character. I'm thinking I need a Top character to fuck around with. I think ima look at either Arakune or Rachel... or maybe Nu. Fuck! Hard to choose.

I think I could do well with Arakune cause I'm already used to negative edging and all that bullshit.

Rachel, not sure how she plays, would have to give her a trial run.

Nu, I'm sure I could do the combos and im used to having a weak character with pretty crappy close range combat (Carl).

Tips?

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You used to play dhalsim don't you?

Nu is like an amped up dhalsim, where instead of fleshy limbs you use magical swords.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    20090727.jpg

Things just got real.

Eh, not really feeling this one, but if the next one is good I can deal.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fight pads are good. That's what I use.

Stoked, you saw my Rachel play. All of that is pure muscle memory, pretty much. I don't really think when I play her, and I get pretty good results. My combos are fairly predictable, but that's because they work in one way or another (like Guard Break).

I need to figure out how to step up my Tager play. I'm pretty satisfied where I am with Rachel right now.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i liked the first two panels the best

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Did PA even do one for SF4?

Surprised that they made a series for this.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »
    20090727.jpgThings just got real.  Eh, not really feeling this one, but if the next one is good I can deal.

You weren't amused because the words in the second panel actually meant something to you. To us in the rest of the world it was hilarious gibberish :P

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, here's hoping that I'll actually be able to find this goddamn game this week. The wait has been torture.

I'm wondering if I should bother check to see if anywhere receives it tomorrow, or if I should just wait until Wednesday to look. Different places have told me different dates, so I don't really know what to expect.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    28 july should be the one for SE.

And I know what the comic was trying to do, but it was still eh to me. Maybe I'm just too used to it that i consider them actual legit terms. :P

Antihippy on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Eh I use the 360 controller just fine, I may get a TE stick around xmas or somethin, unless there's a stick with 8 buttons instead of 6 so I don't have to have D on the lower buttons.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I could never understand straight layouts.

Seems like you have to use the little finger instead of the thumb, and the little finger is weak like capitalist pig.

The arcade I go to uses curve layouts for the kof12 cab but it curves to the right so you have to use the little finger instead of the thumb. It's really MADDENING.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Eh it doesn't really matter I'm gonna have to break my thumb only habit whenever I get a stick anyway. Prolly just get a TE stick around Xmas or so.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Still, if this is your first time using stick, be prepared to suck at first till you get used to it.

Feels much more fluid once you get it down though.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Still, if this is your first time using stick, be prepared to suck at first till you get used to it.

Feels much more fluid once you get it down though.

Oh definitely, but I do know I could pull off stuff easier that requires holding with a stick (6C loop comes to mind) and it's going to take some getting used to.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm contemplating selling my SF4 stick and buying a fightpad for 360...

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Eh I use the 360 controller just fine, I may get a TE stick around xmas or somethin, unless there's a stick with 8 buttons instead of 6 so I don't have to have D on the lower buttons.
    The Hori sticks have 8 buttons as well (except for the Xbox EX2). You can get a Hori HRAP for about $99 most places, which is similar to a TE stick only with Hori buttons. But seriously I had a FS3 with Hori crap buttons and didn't really notice until I had put about 300 hours of SF4 into it and then my jab buttons and such started to lose sensitivity.

So those people that actually know how to play, do you ever just join a low level scrub room then wait 3 games till your turn, only to pick Nu and then proceed to double perfect whoever the hell had the misfortune to be matched with you that game and then quit out? I had that happen in 2 rooms last night. The juggling, it was scary. o_O

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I always start off by using hakumen to gauge the level of the room. (plus hakumen is awesome anyway)

I then pick Nu. If they're somewhat competent or really kickass, I proceed to play Nu for awhile. If they aren't all that good, I switch between tager and bang, with Nu and hakumen again maybe.

I usually go for rooms with people that could kick my ass though. I like the pain.

Really starting to love haku's counters. One great thing to know is that if you counter a projectile with the attacker near you, it will still "hit" the opponent and counter them too. Finishing off a jin who uses his projectile to cover himself while rushing towards me with a 6D > 6C is really goddamn satisfying.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wait...all TE sticks have 8 buttons unless you mod them with new plexi or button plugs w/e. Same for the SE.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Note:

I saw copies of the BB:LE box still sitting at Best Buy, for those looking.

Houn on
  • Options
    GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Note:

I saw copies of the BB:LE box still sitting at Best Buy, for those looking.

Yes. I got the game this weekend from BB. They had 4 limited edition boxes for ps3. I didn't see any for xbox 360 though.

Can someone point me to a guide that describes what 6c, 6d, etc mean?

GooseyGoose on
  • Options
    thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Numbers denote direction (look at your num-pad on your keyboard). 1 = down-back 6 = forward 5=neutral etc. Letters denote button press.

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ABCD are the attack buttons, and 1-9 are directional notation for the joystick. the directions are based on the numpad layout on a keyboard, so 214D would be a backwards quarter circle plus D.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I really wish I'd gotten the PS3 version now. I spent most of yesterday hiding in the bedroom where the AC is playing PSP. It was 90 in the room with the TV and consoles.

Houn on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I should start using the stick I have pretty soon. Got the SF standard edition but the joystick is so horrible I can't even do a hadoken on it. But I'm going to need it by the time Tekken comes out. Though except for my inability to do supers consistently on Blazblue, I'm doing good with the fightpad at the moment.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    By the By, Jin's Astral Heat is obviously designed to be buffered. The only thing I've found so far that it works off of it a grab. Anything else?

Houn on
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I could never understand straight layouts.

Seems like you have to use the little finger instead of the thumb, and the little finger is weak like capitalist pig.

The arcade I go to uses curve layouts for the kof12 cab but it curves to the right so you have to use the little finger instead of the thumb. It's really MADDENING.
    I'm with you, I was using the EX2 with 6 buttons when the game came out. I mapped ABC like LP MP HP and D to FK. When I got the TE stick I tried the straight layout but my mind was so used to the 6 button layout that I switched. Plus it was getting uncomfortable spamming D with my pinky when using Nu.

solsovly on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    By the By, Jin's Astral Heat is obviously designed to be buffered. The only thing I've found so far that it works off of it a grab. Anything else?
    Anything that makes them hit the ground as you stab the sword down works.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Do we have any very good Arakune players on the forum? I'm still struggling against very good ones.

solsovly on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Anything that makes them hit the ground as you stab the sword down works.

I was more referring to buffering the input; it's easy to do a 720 while he's in the throw animation, not so much on anything else I tried.

Houn on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm very good! I'm also a liar!

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif