Options

THE GRANDEST MONU[CHAT] TO METALBOURNE'S EGO

• Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    After a mere 12 straight hours I have nearly completed cleaning my room. I do however have the rest of the house after this. So, awesome.

rts on
  • Options
    SonicSonic Absentee Landlord Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So. I'm learning Illustrator. Who has resources for me?

Sonic on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    Yes you may, as long as you agree not to look at any of the artwork which hasn't been changed in years...and years.

If you open your site and my site on separate tabs and then switch between them...its weird.

HAHAHA holy moly!

beavotron on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sonic wrote: »

well if you have specific questions i can give you some answers!

beavotron on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, that was the "I like working on this thing" stage done and straight into "god this thing sucks" stage. Artistic progress completed!

And I think my hard drive's dying.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

You learn stuff too fast already. It's only a matter of time before you become self-aware and end up dooming us all to a nuclear armageddon.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    A self-aware Sonic? OH, the HUMANITY.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    beavotron wrote: »

True. I think the resources will depend on what you wanna do. Do you wanna draw or do some design work?

I'm stepping away from Illustrator for a while, gonna focus on Photoshop. Beavo, where do you get the textures for your drawings from?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    beavotron wrote: »

True. I think the resources will depend on what you wanna do. Do you wanna draw or do some design work?
    Umm. Both. Yeah, I'm actually going to need to do both of those within Illustrator for a couple projects I'm working on. A good source for tutorials on pretty much everything would be good. I always look for places like that, but I can never find the good ones. Like, I searched all over for a single place to find a wide array of textures and I finally asked beavo one night and she was all like "http://www.cgtextures.com dummy." I just need a good catch-all site for the basics... basically.
    You learn stuff too fast already. It's only a matter of time before you become self-aware and end up dooming us all to a nuclear armageddon.
    Yes, I am a ravenous consumer of knowledge and skills and I'm proud of it. If anything will be responsible for a nuclear holocaust, though it will be that pervasive trifecta of government, religion and ignorance, not me. I won't have anything to do with that shit.

Sonic on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    CAAAAAKE!! Cake, I can't use a pencil any more! HELP!

Tam on
  • Options
    Shiekahn_boyShiekahn_boy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Tam...
    Is your avatar suppose to line up with Motley Crues' "Kick start My Heart?"

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
    What the fuck are you people even arguing about? Shut up.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Tam wrote:
    I can't use a pencil any more! HELP!
    Do you keep trying to press ctrl-z on your sketchpad?

Unfortunately there is no cure for wacomitis. You just have to keep using the pencil and eventually (probably shortly) it will come back to you.

Sonic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Tam...
    Is your avatar suppose to line up with Motley Crues' "Kick start My Heart?"

it lines up with anything with a certain beat

edit: and stop listening to Motley Crue

Sonic: No, I've never had that problem, it's just that I feel like I regressed a bunch.

edit: no, actually, come to think of it, I have done that- just not recently

Tam on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yes, I am a ravenous consumer of knowledge and skills and I'm proud of it. If anything will be responsible for a nuclear holocaust, though it will be that pervasive trifecta of government, religion and ignorance, not me. I won't have anything to do with that shit.

That's a convenient way to rationalize it, just blame everything bad you do on the three things you hate the most :)

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I find these places are sometimes useful:

http://vector.tutsplus.com/
    http://vectips.com/
    http://www.gomediazine.com/

Veritas on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Napp, you probably already know about Nick Drake, but just in case you don't, you should really check him out.

Tam on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Tam wrote: »

we're trying to make shiekahn more manly, not less. don't take away his rock n roll.

Radar6590 wrote: »
    And, Manovon, I think we should take a moment of self reflection before we insult other people's artwork, yeh?

Not an insult, merely a statement of observation. I'm not saying your stuff is shit. For being 19-ish, it's not too bad. What I am saying is that it's nowhere good enough to warrant the bold and pretentious statements that you drop.

Overall, I find much of your commentary to be sophomoric due to the confidence and absolutism in your statements. You've finished a year of studies, have seen the tip of the iceberg, but you speak like you're the world's foremost expert on glaciology. Undoubtedly, you'll be somewhat offended and present some form of "nuh uh!" as a retort, but after two or three more years of studies when you really start to comprehend what's been taught to you instead of merely regurgitate it, you'll totally see exactly where I'm coming from with that.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Tam wrote: »

we're trying to make shiekahn more manly, not less. don't take away his rock n roll.

there's better rock n roll he could listen to

and by better, I mean "not utter and complete vapid shit"

so we're looking at just about every other notable rock n roll band ever

Tam on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You've insulted my "Motley Crue Radio" Pandora station.

Why, Suh If I didn't know any bettah, I'd think yer lookin' for a duel. /southern.colonel.speak

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You've insulted my "Motley Crue Radio" Pandora station.

Why, Suh If I didn't know any bettah, I'd think yer lookin' for a duel. /southern.colonel.speak

I am going to do to you what Sherman did to Georgia.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sherman of Peabody and Sherman fame?

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    I have the biggest man crush on Stephen Silver.

I met him at Comic-Con. He's an absolute sweetheart! Gave me a lot of great advice and offered to pass my details along to his Agent, should I decided I want representation! All around classy guy.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sherman of Peabody and Sherman fame?

no

Tam on
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In 9 1/2 months, I'm packing my bag and pulling a Sonic.
    woohoo!

lyrium on
  • Options
    Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Not an insult, merely a statement of observation. I'm not saying your stuff is shit. For being 19-ish, it's not too bad. What I am saying is that it's nowhere good enough to warrant the bold and pretentious statements that you drop.

Overall, I find much of your commentary to be sophomoric due to the confidence and absolutism in your statements. You've finished a year of studies, have seen the tip of the iceberg, but you speak like you're the world's foremost expert on glaciology. Undoubtedly, you'll be somewhat offended and present some form of "nuh uh!" as a retort, but after two or three more years of studies when you really start to comprehend what's been taught to you instead of merely regurgitate it, you'll totally see exactly where I'm coming from with that.

You're assuming I'm some kind of immature child. I know very well that I don't know everything. And I'm quite sure that I don't understand everything about everything. I wish I did. In fact, despite your statement, my self confidence when it comes to art is mediocre at best, and I'm pretty easily discouraged.

I agree, I will know more with more studies. I've already improved so much from just a year ago. Though, I think I can understand what's been taught to me. If I was regurgitating what some of my new-age professors were telling me I'd be over here spouting that the color wheel's wrong.*

I guess, I just don't really like being dismissed, you know?

One of my professors began explaining hot and cold primaries by saying the color wheel was wrong. Which, it's not. You just can't have a perfect red, yellow, and blue.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You're assuming I'm some kind of immature child.

You may prove us wrong and show us that you are a very mature child... but a child non the less. Because only a child would go on about this subject ad nauseam. Let it go.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm assuming you're fresh out of your first year of college-level art studies.

I think reading over your last post, the intention behind the statement that started this was more along the lines of:

"I think I'm better prepared for advanced art studies by focusing on compositional basics for a year prior to being introduced to figure drawing. (with an implied 'I intend to take figure drawing in the near future')" as opposed to "I'm a better artist because I've never drawn from a nude model."

...which would've caused much less backlash.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Basically.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • Options
    CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

You may prove us wrong and show us that you are a very mature child... but a child non the less. Because only a child would go on about this subject ad nauseam. Let it go.

Children also like to step into each other's arguments and pick sides in battles.

Is that what I'm doing right now? Yes it is. Is it unnecessary and mildly irritating. Oh, very. However, I figured I might as well prove my point. I agree that it's a small disagreement, might as well be dropped. No one will remember it in a few posts. But was I going to say something? Nope, because I figured I might as well leave it to the people who were having the disagreement.

Charis on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Metal: If I was to cause any kind of armageddon it would involve zombies, not bombs.

Vertias: Book and Marked! Thanks for those.
    lyrium wrote: »
    In 9 1/2 months, I'm packing my bag and pulling a Sonic.
    woohoo!
    Awesome! Where to?

Sonic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Metal: If I was to cause any kind of armageddon it would involve zombies, not bombs.

You certainly know how to get people behind your cause. Count me in.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Charis wrote: »

Children also like to step into each other's arguments and pick sides in battles.

Is that what I'm doing right now? Yes it is. Is it unnecessary and mildly irritating. Oh, very. However, I figured I might as well prove my point. I agree that it's a small disagreement, might as well be dropped. No one will remember it in a few posts. But was I going to say something? Nope, because I figured I might as well leave it to the people who were having the disagreement.

Daaaaaayyyyyyuuuuuummmmmnnnnnn!!!!!

edit: it is an open-discussion on a publicly-viewable forum of which MT is an active member generally held in high-esteem, so.....

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    blue biiiird, blue bird

won'tyouplease take a letter down south for me

Tam on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i plan on drawing a naked person today, it has been absolutely ages since i drew any naked people.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Everybody happy!

italian-chef.gif

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If I was to cause any kind of armageddon it would involve zombies, not bombs.

You certainly know how to get people behind your cause. Count me in.
    Muahaha.

Sonic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So, if you were a stripper, what would be your stage name?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Everybody happy!

italian-chef.gif

Mama mia!

(This post is also applicable to MagicToaster's above statement)

Charis on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i love drawing naked people

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    so in my second figure drawing course we had this dude who obviously worked out, although not impressively buff or anything. Completely introverted in class, spoke very little to anyone, but everytime he'd turn in homework, it'd be drawings of himself nude in front of a mirror in real proud, somewhat inappropriate poses.

ManonvonSuperock on
This discussion has been closed.