As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]Romance of the Two Kingdoms: Final Act. The Day of the Dead

• Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I vote for Aviarta

Do the johnson's proud.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »
    The Ghost of Sleep !votes for Avarita

I was killed because I found out the truth about key players too early in the game. Thorgot had a chance to do away with his biggest rival in the game, and spared him for the life of a minor noble of the Dong family.

Does this not seem suspicious to any of you?

I don't know Avarita's motives, but I do know that with him, there will be progress in figuring out the motives of the big two, which right now seems more important than worrying about the eventualy Dong family win.

You realize you're voting for a proclaimed Johnson, and that you were killed by the Johnson vigilante, right?

I do.

But giving him temporary power to expose other shenanigans is something that I feel I must do. I want to change my vote, and I just may, but right now, I'm not sure. There are two thing's going on right now, 50/50, that I'm sure is happening.

How many Johnsons are left?

3 or 4 Johnsons, 7 or 8 Dongs.

You were killed the first day, before I even got into power.

Right.

At this point in time, I'm voting more to ease suspicion about a few members and further things along. Hopefully that will cause the downfall of another Johnson family member. If not, oh well. I can't participate anymore, anyway.

Sheep on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I! vote for Avarita
    Fight the power!

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !vote for precisionk

CangoFett on
  • Options
    LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !vote for precisionk

LightReaper on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !vote for precisionk

.....because I was told to. =)

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    PRECISION WILL KILL YOUR CHILDREN! IN FRONT OF YOU! AND THEN HE'LL MAKE YOU WATCH A REALLY BAD MOVIE! AND PLAY AQUA MAN!

And Thorgot is Johnson scum.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Senor Fish wrote: »
    PRECISION WILL KILL YOUR CHILDREN! IN FRONT OF YOU! AND THEN HE'LL MAKE YOU WATCH A REALLY BAD MOVIE! AND PLAY AQUA MAN!

And Thorgot is Johnson scum.

Interesting how all the dead Johnsons are voting for Avaritia, then.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    meh we're tired of you guys dicking around and killing your family members. You two held office the longest, yet...only really the johnsons are dying, we're taking our chances, hopefully she kills either of you too

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    Random.org seems to be favoring the 9th player today. That would beeeeeee Elbonian Man.

What? I get a vote too. :P
    Sure, vote for a third party candidate. THROW YOUR VOTE AWAY!
    05jf4.jpg

Aroduc on
  • Options
    Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You're right, Digger Dude. It turns out I was wrong. I should have killed precisionk the first chance I got.

I made a mistake. Sorry.

That's not really a good answear.

Presionk was a way more obvious rival. I mean, if you ask anyone there they would say the two people with the biggest influence on the game were you and Presionk.

Can you please show your reason as to why you killed me.

Digger Dude on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have noticed that Dizzen was killed...quite soon after outing suspicion that there is a thorgot/precisionk alliance.

I had also intercepted a letter that was directed to Dizzen...from Thorgot. The letter was written as a warning, but read more as a threat. It threatened Dizzen to withdraw his suspicions before anything unfortunate happens to him.

There is too much chaos to determine whether they have an alliance as brothers, or if they just love the cock, but one thing is certain...

ONE MUST FALL.

I !vote for Avaritia.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    meh we're tired of you guys dicking around and killing your family members. You two held office the longest, yet...only really the johnsons are dying, we're taking our chances, hopefully she kills either of you too

You have no idea what is going on.

precisionk on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If there are any living Dongs voting for Avaritia, you are throwing away any advantage the Dongs had, and setting yourselves up as tremendous targets for the Dong vigilante.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !vote for precisionk

Because I think I should.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Pay no mind to this wandering Phallian, I merely come into this land to reclaim one of our own.

I !vote for Avaritia, so that he can kill precisionk, and then precisionk can pay attention to his fellow Phallians. :P Plus, he hardly needs to be involved in three Phallas at once. It must be an awful burden on ya, precisionk, so I'm gonna help lessen your load.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    If there are any living Dongs voting for Avaritia, you are throwing away any advantage the Dongs had, and setting yourselves up as tremendous targets for the Dong vigilante.

What are you doing for the Dongs? You killed Digger Dude.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    precisionk wrote: »

you had your chance to explain precision, yet you sold me out. Dick.

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Digger Dude was a Johnson....

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Sorry. Got my people mixed up and didn't want to go back through 30 pages to get things straight.

I've considered changing my vote, but I won't. Even if I'm making a mistake, there will still be a chance to recover due to the Dong lead.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Elbonian ManElbonian Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lesser of two evils, I guess. I vote for precisionk

Elbonian Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Sorry. Got my people mixed up and didn't want to go back through 30 pages to get things straight.

I've considered changing my vote, but I won't. Even if I'm making a mistake, there will still be a chance to recover due to the Dong lead.

I think you overestimate the Dong lead. Also, consider this:

Of the people voting for Avaritia, 5 are confirmed Johnsons, 3 are from out of game, 2 are unknown, and 1 is you.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Of the people voting for Avaritia, 5 are confirmed Johnsons, 3 are from out of game, 2 are unknown, and 1 is you.

That's my reason of suspicion. I expect Av to target either you or PrecisionK, and you two are the people that I'm most skeptical about. I can not trust you two with my vote.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

That's my reason of suspicion. I expect Av to target either you or PrecisionK, and you two are the people that I'm most skeptical about. I can not trust you two with my vote.

OK, now you've got me. You are skeptical about... what?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Just wondering, but how did thorgot and precisionk manage to position themselves as the only two electable candidates?
    Because there were no mechanics to help in deciding who to vote for on the first day, which lead to a kind of popularity contest. And only precisionk and thorgot, who have possibly (though not necessarily) been working together since the beginning, were willing to become big enough targets on that day in order to rally support, working off each other in order to generate presence for themselves.

On day two, thorgot killed the only person who's had a chance to challenge either of them (Digger would have had at least 4 votes, tying thorgot at least, if he hadn't changed his mind and made a bid for survival instead). Since then, they've generally picked off the more independent minded voters and the inactives, thus herding the rest into voting for them.
    You're right, Digger Dude. It turns out I was wrong. I should have killed precisionk the first chance I got.

I made a mistake. Sorry.
    That's because it's a lie. If they were partners, you were a threat, and thus you were eliminated. If they weren't partners (which is very well possible), then precisionk couldn't have been killed regardless, since precisionk had the majority of votes, thus that execution attempt would have failed. Thus, it's logical to take out the next biggest threat to thorgot: you. I hate to say it, having been your staunchest supporter despite the family divide, but it's as simple as that, bro.
    Avaritia wrote: »
    I wanted to break this unholy union, but at least amongst the players, paranoia has been much too strong.
    Says the guy who voted for thorgot last act. And the second act. And the first. Bah.

Yeah, it got me killed, but at least I stuck with my guns and never voted for either for the whole game , even though it cost me my one unexcused vote to skip act 2 to help avoid attention. The only support for a third party you've ever given was to yourself, with today being no exception. I cannot support someone who's only aims are their own power and survival.

Seriously guys, you're rallying against people who have gotten power through bandwagon thinking, by jumping aboard a bandwagon! Stop and think about your votes for a moment.

If no serious, honest third party steps up, I'll have to vote for one of the two partners. Ugh.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I don't know how you think I sold you out, seeing as your kill was from a vigilante, not me.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I don't know how you think I sold you out, seeing as your kill was from a vigilante, not me.
    I hate to agree with him (seriously, I feel the bile building up even now), but... he's right. Thorgot had the execution rights in act two, not precisionk, and Thorgot killed Digger. Everyone who died that night was a Johnson who voted for precisionk. While it is very possible that the two have been working together since the beginning, there's no proof that. They could have hooked up later. Or still be independent of each other, although I'm skeptical of this.
    It's also possible that they are the lovers, and so they only avoid killing the other to prolong their own lives, while still trying to do the best they can for their families. In which case, you were never betrayed, Cowboy.

If anyone was betrayed, it was me being killed by my own family's assassin. The jerk...

Dizzen on
  • Options
    Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dizzen wrote: »

I made a mistake. Sorry.
    That's because it's a lie. If they were partners, you were a threat, and thus you were eliminated. If they weren't partners (which is very well possible), then precisionk couldn't have been killed regardless, since precisionk had the majority of votes, thus that execution attempt would have failed. Thus, it's logical to take out the next biggest threat to thorgot: you. I hate to say it, having been your staunchest supporter despite the family divide, but it's as simple as that, bro.
    I'm curiouse as to why thorgot lied instead of saying that he couldn't kill presionk for reasons of the rules. I would have accepted that answear.

Digger Dude on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I hate to agree with him (seriously, I feel the bile building up even now), but... he's right. Thorgot had the execution rights in act two, not precisionk, and Thorgot killed Digger. Everyone who died that night was a Johnson who voted for precisionk. While it is very possible that the two have been working together since the beginning, there's no proof that. They could have hooked up later. Or still be independent of each other, although I'm skeptical of this.
    It's also possible that they are the lovers, and so they only avoid killing the other to prolong their own lives, while still trying to do the best they can for their families. In which case, you were never betrayed, Cowboy.

If anyone was betrayed, it was me being killed by my own family's assassin. The jerk...

The lovers are definitely dead, unless there was some other way for 4 people to die in Act V that I'm forgetting.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I made a mistake. Sorry.
    I'm curiouse as to why thorgot lied instead of saying that he couldn't kill presionk for reasons of the rules. I would have accepted that answear.
    Because your question was 'why did he kill you', not 'why didn't he kill someone else'.

Imagine the following scenario: thorgot and precisionk are neither lovers nor brothers, and their only connection is a Mutually Assured Destruction pact; if one dies, the other becomes a pretty big target, after all, but as long as both live, there's still speculation over who is of who's family.
    Now? When you first asked thorgot your question today, precisionk was looking like he was in the lead. Publicly stating that he only spared precisionk due to a technicality probably wouldn't aid thorgot's own survival much.
    Of course, this is just conjecture. He may have just not liked your name, I dunno. But I don't see any flaws in the theory.
    Zek wrote: »
    The lovers are definitely dead, unless there was some other way for 4 people to die in Act V that I'm forgetting.
    Inactivity. Read the prologue.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I bear greetings from Hades! Also, I bear a vote for precisionk, since I'm not playing in this game and I enjoy the suffering of others.

P.S. <3 Aroduc, this game is fuckawesome.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I vote myself for the Imperial Seal.

Wait...no I don't.

I'll give my vote to thorgot for the moment.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Avaritia wrote: »
    I wanted to break this unholy union, but at least amongst the players, paranoia has been much too strong.
    Says the guy who voted for thorgot last act. And the second act. And the first. Bah.

Yeah, it got me killed, but at least I stuck with my guns and never voted for either for the whole game , even though it cost me my one unexcused vote to skip act 2 to help avoid attention. The only support for a third party you've ever given was to yourself, with today being no exception. I cannot support someone who's only aims are their own power and survival.

Seriously guys, you're rallying against people who have gotten power through bandwagon thinking, by jumping aboard a bandwagon! Stop and think about your votes for a moment.

If no serious, honest third party steps up, I'll have to vote for one of the two partners. Ugh.

I voted for Thorgot first simply to be out of the line of fire. Yes, it's an asshole tactic, but it's not uncommon or unfair. Also, Thorgot's offer seemed fair, until it turned out that he was lying with every single word.

I voted for Thorgot in the second act, because I didn't want him to kill himself, thinking that we are in the same family.

I just waited till we got a +1 advantage (it turned out to be a +3) to start my plan.

I voted for Thorgot in the last act, because the Dong party plan obviously didn't work out as I wanted it to do.

What's still slightly troubling me is why Thorgot and precisionk don't join forces. Maybe we'll see such a development later today.

Anyway, all things become clear in death.

P.S.: Wow, my prophecy is fulfilled, too. :D (Maybe it was too self-fulfilling.)

Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2007
    I !vote Avarita

because she is a proclaimed Johnson.

You know I find it retarded that both PrecisionK and Thorgot ended up being Dongs.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    I !vote Avarita

You know I find it retarded that both PrecisionK and Thorgot ended up being Dongs.
    How have you discovered that precisionk is a Dong? I've been pouring over the votes and execution orders, and haven't yet been able to find that link. Please share?

Dizzen on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2007
    I !vote Avarita

How have you discovered that precisionk is a Dong? I've been pouring over the votes and execution orders, and haven't yet been able to find that link. Please share?
    Senor Fish wrote:
    I am the Johnson Family Seer, I have just seered you and know you are a Johnson. The other Johnson I seered was killed. Last night I seered PrecisionK and he is a Dong, what are we gonna do about it?

Our network expanded to Titmouse when his brother died, but then he and Senor Fish got axed after we desperately decided to trust Thorgot since we knew PrecisionK was a Dong. The end result was we were screwed if we did and screwed if we didn't and Thorgot most likely viciously betrayed us. The Johnson network died with me.

Its like a chess game and all we have left is a Rook and a couple of pawns.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    Current Tally
    Avaritia: 13
    Precisionk: 9
    Thorgot: 3
    Elbonian Man: 1
    Malkor: 1

untitledjl9.th.png

Aroduc on
  • Options
    AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !vote Avarita

Senor Fish wrote:
    I am the Johnson Family Seer, I have just seered you and know you are a Johnson. The other Johnson I seered was killed. Last night I seered PrecisionK and he is a Dong, what are we gonna do about it?

Our network expanded to Titmouse when his brother died, but then he and Senor Fish got axed after we desperately decided to trust Thorgot since we knew PrecisionK was a Dong. The end result was we were screwed if we did and screwed if we didn't and Thorgot most likely viciously betrayed us. The Johnson network died with me.

Its like a chess game and all we have left is a Rook and a couple of pawns.

It's like a chess game but you don't know how the figures move and they don't do what you want them to and you're uncertain whether they're black or white.

Yeah, made the chess metaphor. Now I can die happily! (But hopefully not tonight.)

Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    Aroduc wrote: »
    Current Tally
    Avaritia: 12
    Precisionk: 9
    Thorgot: 3
    Elbonian Man: 1
    Malkor: 1

untitledjl9.th.png

Sorry, two errors. Zek is listed there twice. Only his Avaritia vote is valid (-1 for Pk). Also, titmouse voted for Pk, not Avaritia (-1 Avar, +1 Pk). Durrrrrrrr. End result is -1 vote for Avaritia. So she's at 12, not 13. Feel free to keep doublechecking my numbers.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I change my vote to Avaritia

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'