Options

Rubber Nipples: Comic Movies, Games, and Television

• Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nah. How else would I get my toys and video games and movie premieres?

Tach on
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    also, sexins

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Can't blame her. You know Tach would come in here to spill the details, we would spread them elsewhere, the studio would find out who it was and would fire her, causing her to divorce him. He would then go on a drinking binge, which would cause him to get fired from his job, leading him to a life on the streets.

Do you want that on your conscience. Cause I don't.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Can't blame her. You know Tach would come in here to spill the details, we would spread them elsewhere, the studio would find out who it was and would fire her, causing her to divorce him. He would then go on a drinking binge, which would cause him to get fired from his job, leading him to a life on the streets.

I could live with that.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I could live with that.

Until, mad with rage and grief, he killed you and everyone else who asked him to spill about Kick-Ass.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I could live with that.

Until, mad with rage and grief, he killed you and everyone else who asked him to spill about Kick-Ass.
    I could live with that.

Tach on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    well tach

get to doing that

(make sure your wife gets me a job first before this)

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Some general WB/DC news from Super Hero Hype:
    Warner Bros. Restructuring DC Comics!

I've learned that the announcement may be made as soon as later today. The restructuring of the stand-alone DC Comics business is being described to me as Warner Bros Pictures Group president Jeff Robinov's first priority since having his contract re-upped by Time Warner. I know what everybody is thinking: that this move is in response to the announcement August 31st that Disney is buying Marvel. You can think that, but you would be wrong. This change has been in the works quietly for two years ever since Robinov moved into the top slot. "It was Jeff's idea to have DC Comics reporting to him, and DC will be his direct responsibility with Diane Nelson," an insider confided to me. I've also learned that Robinov for months has quietly gone to producers like Chuck Roven and Joel Silver and Akiva Goldman "call back" all their existing high profile DC titles in development like The Flash and Wonder Woman. Not only was that shocking to the producers, but even more so when they found out this was part of Robinov's strategy to severely limit the number of gross players on the projects. Producers were told that they may get the titles back to develop, but with far less rich deals. "Jeff always wanted some kind of oversight of DC, and now he wants Warner's to hold onto ownership," my insider explains. (My understanding is that Joel Silver, who is buddies with Robinov, was told he can continue to develop low profile The Losers under the Dark Castle banner. But his 10 years of developing Wonder Woman is history now.)

Edit: The rest of the original article:
    I'm told that Robinov went to management as soon as he took over as president of Warner Bros Pictures Group in January 2007 with a proposal to take over DC Comics. It's taken this long to get it done. Paul Levitz, DC Comics president and publisher, will stay with the company. But in charge and reporting directly to Robinov will be Nelson, the brilliant marketer who beginning in 2000 oversaw the management of the Harry Potter franchise across all platforms and represented the studio's interests with author JK Rowling. The plan is to have her do the same with DC Comics biz.(Kudos to the website BleedingCool.com, which on August 25th first tipped that Nelson might "take on more new projects at the media empire -- including DC Comics".)

Nelson has served as President of Warner Premiere the studio-based production company which develops and produces direct-to-consumer DVD and short-form digital programming content since its founding in August 2006. She's already well familiar with DC Comics since it has titles already in development and production and release with Warner Premiere. Prior to that, Nelson served as EVP of Global Brand Management at Warner Bros Entertainment since May 2004, with the primary responsibility of working cross-divisionally and throughout Time Warner to maximize and optimize all the various windows and outlets available to the Studio’s signature franchises, brands and event properties on a global basis. And, before that, Nelson was EVP of Domestic Marketing for Warner Bros Pictures.

Previous to this, DC Comics' Levitz reported directly to Warner Bros Chairman Alan Horn. But then Horn's film division was embarrassed by not nailing down the legal rights to Watchmen adequately, with mogul after mogul shaking their heads in disbelief how Warner Bros could even have started filming the graphic novel with 20th Century Fox still laying claim to the pic. Cutting Fox in at the last minute with paramount already an overseas played wrought havoc with Warner Bros' economics on the movie. But Horn's biggest failure has been to leave the most valuable DC Comics characters in movie development limbo. Of Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Justice League, only Batman has an ongoing live action franchise. And now that director Chris Nolan is working on back-to-back pics, who knows when the threequel will get a start date. True, Jonah Hex has wrapped, and Green Lantern starts shooting in the spring. That's the same time period that Human Target debuts on Fox. There's been some very successful development by DC Comics SVP of Creative Affairs Gregory Noveck. But Horn's studio has been chaotically starting and stopping work on scripts for the high profile live action pics. Meanwhile, Marvel is exploiting the hell out of its characters with an ultra-ambitious and self-financed (except for Spider-Man at Sony) film slate.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2009
    If that leads to them actually starting to make progress on a lot of these superhero projects, I'm all for it.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    LilithiumLilithium __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    I really miss hearing news about the Thor movie. I'm going to kill myself. :S

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    See what you have wrought, Simon Bianchi? See?
    storm1.jpg

Why they would pick this costume when it's only been used on a book that's released once every few years is beyond me!

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ha. Hahahahaha.

Black string on the side of her hip?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Here's the Bianchi art for reference.
    643087-storm_large.png

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It looks more like a vacuum seal on her crotch is creating creases in her skin, not string pieces holding her suit in place.

Wakanda be whack, yo.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Eh, if it's like the other games, she'll have 3 or 4 other costumes to pick from. And at least one of them will have a mohawk.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    No, that's the problem Hensler. They're only making one costume per character because there's a lot more work involved because they're different models or something.

And they picked that!

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh really? So you can't make Cap USAgent again? Lame.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Only 1 costume per character? And they got rid of the awesome company that made the first games cinematics? Uh-oh.

I was worried when Ultimate Alliance 2 got a new developer. Maybe I shouldn't have pre-ordered... but they gave me Juggernaut!

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The cinematics will be just as awesome if the stuff they have released so far is any indication.

I don't particularly mind them only choosing one costume, because they did put a lot into some of them, like Iron Spider. I do mind that they've picked a few silly ones, however!

Faynor on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh sweet, they are using the Iron Spider suit? Sign me up!

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't get why they wouldn't choose the most Iconic one, in that case. Like, why put Spidey in Iron Spider instead of his classic Blue and Red?

I saw a picture of Juggernaut, he looked pretty good. *scurries off to find pictures of the rest*

Ah wait, this is set during Civil War right? Maybe they just went with whatever costumes the characters were wearing at that time, which might explain Storm (kinda)

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Oh sweet, they are using the Iron Spider suit? Sign me up!

spiderman1.jpg

Faynor on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ah, now I get it. There are TWO costumes per character, one standard and one alternative.

So like Classic Spidey, plus Iron Spidey. Or Classic Thor and Current Thor.

Pics of alternative costumes here

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    This is a better source because that guy hasn't updated in two days.

And god damn, Modern Thor should be the main costume!

Faynor on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Damn.

I wish it was coming out on PC. I have my Xbox up here, but I only have one controller, and can't afford a second one right now. The other other option would be to get the PS2 or Wii version...

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Iron Fist variant is pretty cool

but yeah, modern Thor is the better looking of the two

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    We are so on the same level, Thane.

You are my new posting buddy.

Consider yourself replaced, Ringo.

Faynor on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh, it's that Penance. Here I was hoping this would lead to Chamber, Husk, and the whole gang showing up.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Damn.

I wish it was coming out on PC. I have my Xbox up here, but I only have one controller, and can't afford a second one right now. The other other option would be to get the PC or Wii version...
    Well, if you've got a friend who you know would really like it, you could have them pay for it, then pay them back later. I did that with Rock Band. My roommates paid 1/3 apiece, and I refunded them when I moved out.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Damn.

I wish it was coming out on PC. I have my Xbox up here, but I only have one controller, and can't afford a second one right now. The other other option would be to get the PC or Wii version...
    Well, if you've got a friend who you know would really like it, you could have them pay for it, then pay them back later. I did that with Rock Band. My roommates paid 1/3 apiece, and I refunded them when I moved out.

Nah, I don't think he has the cash either.

Hmm. I wonder if the Wii/PS2 version will be any good.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wait, why can't you just play with one controller? Your room mate wants to play so bad, he can buy one.

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    Wait, why can't you just play with one controller? Your room mate wants to play so bad, he can buy one.

I don't really want to pay $60 for any Xbox games.

I prefer not to buy console stuff unless it's quirky, off the live arcade, or co-op.

If I can't do the co-op component, I'd rather have it for my PC.

But it doesn't matter, because Red Faction is out for PC next week, which I preordered in full a couple months ago, and Batman is out on that day as well. I'll probably just pinch pennies for a month or so after next week until I can grab another controller.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Batman Arkham Asylum is so good, I don't even want to play something like Ultimate Alliance after that. Tied for best comic videogame made with Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

B:AA made me pick up the volume 4 of Batman: TAS (which had those episodes from the New Adventures of Batman/Superman that I never really saw), and man Dini is in love with Batgirl. I remember watching the first season of the show (which was like 60 episodes) and there being maybe 5 or 6 episodes with Robin in them, but Babs is in every episode, and you have Tim Drake as nu Robin who has Jason Todd's origin. And Dick's in maybe 4 episodes as Nightwing? Come on.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I actually like Volume 4 the best. The team dynamic, and the fact that the rogues are a focus in almost every episode.

I hated all the one off episodes in the original series/seasons where Batman would go fight furries or whatever and things just dragged. I still have negative memories about a lot of those episodes, plus I saw them over and over when I was a kid. I literally watched that show every day from the month it started until it finally dropped from cartoon network.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh, volume 4 is good, make no mistake, and the animation is a lot smoother. It just annoyed me how Batgirl apparently leaped over Robin in terms of importance to the Animated Series mythos. She's not written badly or anything, it was just that those Robin episodes in the first run of shows would be a treat as they were so rare.

It's kind of like in Batman Beyond they ignore Dick completely until one episode they explain why he's not there anymore, and they even had Babs and Bruce get together (now what the hell was that about?)

TexiKen on
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dini always wrote some pretty good episodes, but i've got to say i like it more when he was supervising.
    The episodes that he wasn't main on, had more action and just were more...batman-y.
    I'm not digging on the Dini episodes, a must for the character growth, but y'know, just sayin and all.

Arkham Asylum was pretty amazing though, considering everything. Only problem i had, was with the color scheme which reminded me way to much of the Schumacher films. I'm hoping the sequel has a bit more freedom, in the way you move around a room(ie the gargoyles felt a bit confined, in a swing here do this here kinda a way).

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Batman Arkham Asylum is so good, I don't even want to play something like Ultimate Alliance after that. Tied for best comic videogame made with Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

B:AA made me pick up the volume 4 of Batman: TAS (which had those episodes from the New Adventures of Batman/Superman that I never really saw), and man Dini is in love with Batgirl. I remember watching the first season of the show (which was like 60 episodes) and there being maybe 5 or 6 episodes with Robin in them, but Babs is in every episode, and you have Tim Drake as nu Robin who has Jason Todd's origin. And Dick's in maybe 4 episodes as Nightwing? Come on.

Dini obviously realised how lame Robin is.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Jeeze who didn't see that coming?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Dini realizes that Robin is special and beautiful, to be used only in with the utmost care and dedication. Not like Batman, a lumbering troll that can simply be slotted into whatever inane adventure you may have planned. I've always said that really the worst part about Batman is Batman. The second worst part is the new movie series.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Dini realizes that Robin is special and beautiful, to be used only in with the utmost care and dedication. Not like Batman, a lumbering troll that can simply be slotted into whatever inane adventure you may have planned. I've always said that really the worst part about Batman is Batman. The second worst part is the new movie series.

W...what?

DarkWarrior on
This discussion has been closed.