As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

s1ckh4ndsb4ss & cloudeagle appreciation thread

1565758596062»

• Options
    ImranImran Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So, I want this game. I want a guitar or two and a mic and this game.

I have a 360, what is the cheapest way I can do this?

Imran on
    nanasigsmallerrj4.jpg
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have to say, the look of the limited edition instruments is wonderful, but the new "feature" of having to hold down the start button for a bit before it will pause is shit.

Yes, I understand that you wanted to keep people from accidentally pausing, but NOW, when I WANT to pause, I have to plan that out a second early. Too bad my ESP doesn't tell me when I'm going to be getting a phone call, or when the pizza will show up, so now I have to lose my note streak on account of a stupid "feature" that I'm not sure who asked for.

Harmonix, you have claimed this is a firmware thing, not a hardware thing. give me an update that allows me to toggle whether or not I want the delay, and I will be perfectly happy. leave me with this delayed pause bullshit, though, and this will be the last grouping of RB instruments I ever buy.

Evander on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Are you being serious?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Can anyone here tell me whether it'll be possible for me to use my PS2 Singstar microphones with a PS3 version of Rock Band?

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Are you being serious?

yes

it is kind of bullshit that I have to MASH on the start button to get it to register

it is even more bullshit when I am told that is a "feature" for my "benefit"

Evander on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    With Beatles, they supposedly work. Dont think they do with other versions.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Evander wrote: »
    Are you being serious?

yes

it is kind of bullshit that I have to MASH on the start button to get it to register

You're upset because you have to press and hold a button to get a game to pause because it might ruin your combo string? This angers you?

Sounds entirely reasonable. Carry on.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    TheBoginatorTheBoginator Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    In Harmonix's defense, last night one of my friends managed to accidentally pause the game even with the delay.

Edit: There's a difference between holding down the button and mashing on it. You should try it some time.

TheBoginator on
    TheBoginator.gif
    Robman wrote: »
    No you don't. It's mass effect brah, just grab your controller in one hand and your dick with the other and go to town
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It is goofy because the guitar is a controller. The Xbox button should work exactly the same on it as it does on any other controller. If you rocked out too hard, Beatles already added the unpause countdown.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Imran wrote: »

Welcome to the fold. :) Dragonsama detailed a way above and the question just came up a page or two ago, but in a nutshell, your best bet right now:

1) The RB2 full band kit, which is $100 in-store at GameStop and a few other places now IIRC, gets you a mic, a drumset and one guitar
    2) Standalone Beatles game
    3) Either standalone separate guitar (on 360 any GH or RB guitar will work) or a GH game+guitar bundle if you want a GH game as well

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Are you being serious?

yes

You're upset because you have to press and hold a button to get a game to pause because it might ruin your combo string? This angers you?

have you used one of these guitars?

it's not like a simple "
    press and hold", it is "jam the button in, and hold for dear life."

I just paid $250 for this kit. I think I'm justified in being pissed that the start button feels like the contacts are worn down, or something, and you have to dig to get them to recognize.

Harmonix claimed that this "feature" is in the firmware, all I ask is for a toggle, rather than having it forced on me.

Evander on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Woop woop, Beatles get.

This install cant finish soon enough!

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    jclast wrote: »
    It is goofy because the guitar is a controller. The Xbox button should work exactly the same on it as it does on any other controller. If you rocked out too hard, Beatles already added the unpause countdown.

yup.

the unpause countdown was one of the best non-gameplay additions to the genre. the "hold-to-pause" feature has single-handedly undone the usefulness of the unpause countdown, because now you're missing notes while trying to pause.

Evander on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lunker wrote: »
    Imran wrote: »

Welcome to the fold. :) Dragonsama detailed a way above and the question just came up a page or two ago, but in a nutshell, your best bet right now:

1) The RB2 full band kit, which is $100 in-store at GameStop and a few other places now IIRC, gets you a mic, a drumset and one guitar
    2) Standalone Beatles game
    3) Either standalone separate guitar (on 360 any GH or RB guitar will work) or a GH game+guitar bundle if you want a GH game as well

Or, if you want more tracks, lower quality instruments, and lower price, do the $80 RB/RB2 combo deal from Harmonix in lieu of number 1.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Are you being serious?

yes

it's not like a simple "

I just paid $250 for this kit. I think I'm justified in being pissed that the start button feels like the contacts are worn down, or something, and you have to dig to get them to recognize.

Harmonix claimed that this "feature" is in the firmware, all I ask is for a toggle, rather than having it forced on me.

Fucking pizza delivery guys... Showing up in thirty minutes or less.

EDIT:
    Now that you have the ability to pause a game with a single press of a button without any effort at all, are you still upset at a feature you no longer have to actually use?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Are you being serious?

yes

it's not like a simple "

Fucking pizza delivery guys... Showing up in thirty minutes or less.

So my buddies and I should stop playing for a halfhour, and just silently wait for the pizza to arrive?

There is honestly no way to defend this not being a toggle, man. Hopefully harmonix can update it.

Evander on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Erm, yay for me?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293