As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Champions Online - Zero trans fat hero spread

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    GungHo wrote: »
    aeiouy wrote: »
    Better safe than sorry. You should probably be using a strong gibberish password anyways, but I know how it gets sometimes as you get beatdown coming up with passwords.
    Providing a link for folks who want to know what "strong password" actually means.

The site also actually generates strong passwords if you don't have any idea how to do something random. The site suggests at least using 7 characters, I prefer 8 characters, as that's a very reasonable amount of encryption. Some characters don't work with SQL, Oracle, or other DBs, so depending on how they store passwords/wrote their code (i.e. if they're retards), you may have to lay off of quotes, ampersands, brackets, percent signs.

Note, strong passwords DO NOT INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR PET, FAVORITE BAND, OR HARRY POTTER CHARACTER.

But what about Cloud or Sephiroth? Surely no one uses them!

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I prefer characters from Tolstoy novels. I figure, if they hack my shit, at least they're well-read.

GungHo on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    GungHo wrote: »
    I prefer characters from Tolstoy novels. I figure, if they hack my shit, at least they're well-read.

Dude, your password is totally k@R3N1n@

You're totally hacked.
    I can't believe I just typed that. I think I need to go wash this keyboard.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So if you run lairs at their normal level (instead of sidekicking up) do you actually get decent loot? The ones I've run were fun, but I've been really underwhelmed with the rewards, and I'm hoping it's just because I was sidekicked.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wren wrote: »
    I kept on trying to target a party member to use my cone aoe heal but the stupid targeting reticle kept on changing back to the fucking enemy

was like fuuuuuck this shit, like there's any penalty for them dying. they can just zoom back to this point anyways

I think there's a controls option called "Autoassist on attack" or something that might prevent this behavior.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    AkinosAkinos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sonelan wrote: »
    Akinos wrote: »
    Lawndart wrote: »
    absolutely no fix to Taser Arrow being able to chain-hold people.

Soon, soon...

Did you ever look into blocks and travel powers Akinos?

I knew about the teleport and tazer hold things awhile ago since Akinos told me ingame he was fixing them. Granted I don't pvp anymore due to that glitch or whatever Magitek showed me but still nice to see they are fixing some stuff.

Fixing block+travel powers right now, actually >.>

What is this glitch then?

p.s. All holds/roots/etc have diminishing returns, though we are still evaluating if the resistance buff you get lasts long enough/is strong enough.

edit: Except Taser Arrow. Taser Arrow was just broken.

Akinos on
  • Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The loot is underwhelming to be honest, especially since there is only one loot dropping boss and he only drops one item. All in all from a returns perspective there isn't much point in going back to a lair once you have completed the quests/perks there is there.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Soon, soon...

I knew about the teleport and tazer hold things awhile ago since Akinos told me ingame he was fixing them. Granted I don't pvp anymore due to that glitch or whatever Magitek showed me but still nice to see they are fixing some stuff.

A related question:

IIRC, the description for the block powers say that they should do something like -100% to speeds. Does this mean that fixed block will effectively root us while we block?

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Some holds don't seem to hold either. Like, it will say I'm held, and I'll have the "break hold" progress bar but then I can still move around and attack and stuff.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    and some holds seem to linger while i am blocking

it will give me the PRESS Z TO BREAK OUT bar

and if i release block while that bar is still there, i get held

but the bar sometimes doesn't empty on its own, either

this is more common in PVP but some enemy attacks do it too

Pony on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm not sure about PvP, but in PvE there seems to be 2 different bars for holds.

The first bar you get is not indicating you are held... instead, what it says is "Hold Incoming", which I guess is the mob using a maintain power that will eventually result in a hold. The ice demons in Canada are a good example of this; they cast a huge block of ice around you, but if you're quick enough to see the hold incoming, you can run away before the block forms and you don't get held. If you sit there and mash 'z' trying to break the hold, you will get held, and then shattered.

Not sure if that's what it's supposed to do, but I've ran many alts through there so have figured this out with experience. :P

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is early game Fire underpowered or am I doing it wrong? I made a guy last night and just I felt so weak.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Hang on, is Akinos from Cryptic?

AKINOS!

HEY!!!

ADD SPINNING PILEDRIVERS ASAP!!!!

SPINNING. PILEDRIVERS!

also remove holds alltogether they are lizzame.

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Soon, soon...

What is this glitch then?

p.s. All holds/roots/etc have diminishing returns, though we are still evaluating if the resistance buff you get lasts long enough/is strong enough.

edit: Except Taser Arrow. Taser Arrow was just broken.

The other glitch has already been fixed. It involved using a macro program (or manual, though harder) to alternate-spam block and a tap power. As long as the power didn't have a significant start-up time, you could essentally cause the power to fire off 5+ times a second. Oh, and for some reason, you would gain massive amounts of energy while doing this, so you could keep firing indefinitely. Some level 35-ish guy I know was able to solo Kigaltigktiafkdhe or whatever his name is in Canada with it.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Its cool that they're adding new quests to MI, it definitely needs it. What is the highest level repeatable quest right now (well below lvl 35)?

krylon666 on
  • Options
    PhosPhos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    Hang on, is Akinos from Cryptic?

AKINOS!

HEY!!!

ADD SPINNING PILEDRIVERS ASAP!!!!

SPINNING. PILEDRIVERS!

also remove holds alltogether they are lizzame.

You need to spam him in game when ever he gets online. I don't think enough people are hounding him about theory craft and requests. :winky:

Phos on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    AKINOS!

AKINOS!

AKINOS!

I don't want anything at the moment, it is just a fun word to say. Man, if you want people to not bother you then you have to come up with a name that is a pain in the ass to spell.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    AKINOS!

AKINOS!

AKINOS!

I don't want anything at the moment, it is just a fun word to say. Man, if you want people to not bother you then you have to come up with a name that is a pain in the ass to spell.

Like Syzygy?

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    For people worried about losing dueling in the powerhouse:
    Antiproton wrote:
    So we're investigating a bunch of different things, we know duels in the entrance of the Powerhouse are annoying, and we know people want better PVE and PVP testing of their powers before committing to them. We've got some cool ideas, we're scoping out the art and tech side of things to make sure we can deliver them. I can't go into detail yet, but Chronomancer will talk about it when we know we can actually do it.

I just wanted tp make sure you guys to know that we know about the issue and we want to make the Powerhouse work better for both PVP and PVE testing purposes and we're actively addressing it internally.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Antiproton wrote:
    So we're investigating a bunch of different things, we know duels in the entrance of the Powerhouse are annoying, and we know people want better PVE and PVP testing of their powers before committing to them. We've got some cool ideas, we're scoping out the art and tech side of things to make sure we can deliver them. I can't go into detail yet, but Chronomancer will talk about it when we know we can actually do it.

I just wanted tp make sure you guys to know that we know about the issue and we want to make the Powerhouse work better for both PVP and PVE testing purposes and we're actively addressing it internally.

While I've never been annoyed by duels at the Powerhouse entrance, I do think that the giant room with the gear-shaped rings behind the trainers would be an ideal PvP testing/dueling area, especially since currently nobody ever uses it for anything ever.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I flew through those rings once. It was kinda lonely.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm thinking a room with a tiny circle in the center being the only place allowed to start a duel match would work. That way the duel bubble is completely visible on all sides.

Or a giant room with several of these areas, each on a giant gear so the duel bubble is just smaller than the edge of the gear, and the only place to start a duel again is in the center of the gear so the rocket lands there.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    IvanIssacs wrote: »
    I flew through those rings once. It was kinda lonely.

I fly in there to get massive boxes on my Str characters and then come back to the lobby to challenge people to a duel.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • Options
    MimasMimas Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Antiproton wrote:

While I've never been annoyed by duels at the Powerhouse entrance, I do think that the giant room with the gear-shaped rings behind the trainers would be an ideal PvP testing/dueling area, especially since currently nobody ever uses it for anything ever.

The only thing Ive ever used them for is testing out travel powers.

Mimas on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    well yeah. that room is for testing out travel powers.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    and some holds seem to linger while i am blocking

it will give me the PRESS Z TO BREAK OUT bar

and if i release block while that bar is still there, i get held

but the bar sometimes doesn't empty on its own, either

this is more common in PVP but some enemy attacks do it too

I think Akinos said once that Holds are suppose to be an anti-block counter for PvP, but that blocking in PvE is suppose to resist NPC holds, and if it still happens, it is a bug... I think...

Also, someone was complaining earlier about pitiful healing... sounds like you were using Psionic Healing, which, while it is an energy builder as a tap and has the longest range for a heal, is one of the worst heal powers when it comes to time/energy effenciency when charged. Acane Invocation: Vitality and Empathic Healing are better heals for pure healing power.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My support class, with rank 3 psionic healing, can fully heal myself in one full charge. He is of course stacked with presence as his superstat.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    so what is the counter to those personal force fields that just simply absorb ridiculous amounts of damage?

Grath on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Psionic healing is giving me a hard on for making a healing character.

Any ideas on how to solo with it tho? I'm considering either int/pre or end/pre. End is that I just do as many little heals for energy and have a big full bar for major heals when needed. End/pre i'd probably go fire, and int/pre i might as well try out pets since iirc thosse are the two pet stats.

I basically want one, at most two offensive skills for when i need to solo.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    MimasMimas Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    well yeah. that room is for testing out travel powers.

Ha I didnt know that was what it was actually for.

Mimas on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Pick up Telepathy's energy builder, get the -resist ego damage advantage and I will personally run you through everything you need with my tk blades character. <333

edit - But seriously, that advantage + ego blast is pretty good for damage. You wont be able to die if you're quick on untargetting things and healing yourself, and you can eventually kill almost anything.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Grath wrote: »
    so what is the counter to those personal force fields that just simply absorb ridiculous amounts of damage?
    Those are the easiest, just burn down the shield and it's pretty much gone until they field surge. Ignore that you're doing 0 and remember that you're really in actuality kicking their ass.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well somebody had it and was 1 level higher than me. I threw everything at him and his shield dropped and i did about 10% of his health in damage by the time he had killed me.

I have regeneration.

Grath on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Uh when you get low you block up to full health and his PFF doesn't get to full by the time you're full health. In the LONG run, you'll win out.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i guess maybe i need to actually play a little defensively. I'm used to just going all out with damage dealing.

Grath on
  • Options
    AkinosAkinos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    mrflippy wrote: »

Soon, soon...

A related question:

IIRC, the description for the block powers say that they should do something like -100% to speeds. Does this mean that fixed block will effectively root us while we block?

This fix will make it so that block will slow you down while flying and swinging, the same way it slows you down when you're walking on the ground, currently.

Akinos on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is the server down or is it just me?

Crimson King on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm failing to authenticate all over the place over here.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    CrovaxanCrovaxan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    same here

Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
    Crovax.436 Steam: Crovaxan
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Can someone post the way to get both Crisis perks?
    I saw it posted a while ago, but I haven't been able to find it.

Invisible on