As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]wipe

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    My Xbox has apparently been fixed. This is good news for me and the ivy, on whom I have been taking out my bottomless rage without the safety vale of pixelated zombies.

Bogart on
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    part of the reason i don't have a facebook is because my mom has one

i did have one at one time, my mom tried to friend me, and i deleted it

yeah uh

no

Yeah, my grandma tried to friend me on facebook. Like, my super-religious-lives-in-the-middle-of-Arkansas grandma.

...No.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/319854.html

O.O

Edit: Japan: Yes, the movie was so awful.
    You know

I just don't care at all about character customization. "Oh look, I can put tattoos on it!"

So?

I'm paying $60 to do their job for them now?

Give me a good story and gameplay, then we'll talk about character customization.

Do you even know what All Points Bulletin is?

It's an MMO.

Why would I want the developer to tell me what I look like?

And it's a PC game, so it's not $60.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Seriously. Just hit your family with a limited profile.

Yeah, I regret not doing that when they actually friended me a while ago, cause if I do that now then they'll be like WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO HIDE

my parents aren't on fb though, it's cousins and uncles

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I don't use Facebook because I am a handsome rogue.

But how will people know that you're a handsome rogue if you don't use facebook to post up pictures of yourself?

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Yeah, I regret not doing that when they actually friended me a while ago, cause if I do that now then they'll be like WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO HIDE

Sounds like someone needs a second facebook.

japan on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

So just don't tell them you did that...?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bogart wrote: »
    'Resolutions'. That's a new euphemism on me.

apparently the CF draws a difference between "casualties", "kills" and "resolutions"

it uses those terms for different things

a resolution, as was explained to me, is when a specific target is successfully taken out by the assigned unit

so, in reality, the guy i knew might've actually killed more people!

he just mentioned the 150 he was specifically told to kill

that did some shit to him, man

i went drinking with him the one time and talking with him, god damn

Pony on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I don't use Facebook because I am a handsome rogue.

But how will people know that you're a handsome rogue if you don't use facebook to post up pictures of yourself?

Well I admit they won't know what I look like when I'm behind them but sometimes there might be a mirror handy.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You know

I just don't care at all about character customization. "Oh look, I can put tattoos on it!"

So?

Give me a good story and gameplay, then we'll talk about character customization.

Uh....

It's an MMO dude.

Being able to create a character that looks unique to you is a pretty big deal.
    Not really. How good you look doesn't matter if the game is utter crap. I mean that video is a glorified tech demo. It's Barbie dress-up. I understand what they're trying to do, making it possible for you to recognize people you play with in-game on sight alone, but what's the point if playing the game isn't any fun? Character customization should be the last thing they work on, not the first.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I put pictures of me on a social network for the first time last week

but it was me with the blue man group so it was coo'

Tav on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Do you actually think your cousins and uncles are going to be scrutinizing the people who post on your facebook? Anyway, it's super easy to be like "oh, it's a friend of a friend".

I know the real reason you don't want us posting on your wall...

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    And you can tell from that video what order they worked on things Matt? God, you are being such a retard right now.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh motherfuck. I just turned my DS off when I hadn't actually saved.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hakks I understand you're having to deal with living with your parents and what-not but... If you can't deal with explaining your internet friends to them then something is wrong. I understand the cultural differences - really, I do - but your parents are going to have to accept that they don't live in Iran anymore and that most of your friends aren't good Muslims, or even theists.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

yeah uh

no

Yeah, my grandma tried to friend me on facebook. Like, my super-religious-lives-in-the-middle-of-Arkansas grandma.

...No.

yeah, fuck that

i love my family, don't get me wrong, but you could fill the grand canyon with what they don't know about me

i practice very strict information control with them. i don't lie to them, per se, but i am very specific about what they know and who they know me to be

i got a problem with my family being around my friends for that reason. many of my friends actually know me better than my own mother... and i'd prefer to keep it that way

Pony on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »

Which is what I meant. And is the whole point of FB. Otherwise people could just e-mail you for the same effect.

Not really...

My main objection came cause AJ responded to another guy who posted on my wall, and frankly the less that dude knows about the 'online friends' the better

like what Passer posted, just innocuous stuff, that's fine

but if kakos were to post something in the vein of PA messing around, like ZOMG SEX HOT STUFF BONING then that would not be ok

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You know

So?

Uh....

It's an MMO dude.

Not really. How good you look doesn't matter if the game is utter crap. I mean that video is a glorified tech demo. It's Barbie dress-up. I understand what they're trying to do, making it possible for you to recognize people you play with in-game on sight alone, but what's the point if playing the game isn't any fun? Character customization should be the last thing they work on, not the first.

as someone who plays champions online i disagree with you quite a bit

Pony on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You know

So?

Uh....

It's an MMO dude.

Have you seen gameplay videos?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man, I always forget I actually have a facebook until you people bring it up.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    And you can tell from that video what order they worked on things Matt? God, you are being such a retard right now.
    I see they worked on character modeling and decal application. I don't see a game there. I see nothing that tells me that's anything but a glorified Zwinky or something. It's PS Home with guns at this point, and PS Home sucks.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    APB customization looks awesome

I don't really need that much more of a game to have a good time

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

yeah uh

no

...No.

yeah, fuck that

i love my family, don't get me wrong, but you could fill the grand canyon with what they don't know about me

i practice very strict information control with them. i don't lie to them, per se, but i am very specific about what they know and who they know me to be

i got a problem with my family being around my friends for that reason. many of my friends actually know me better than my own mother... and i'd prefer to keep it that way

Well, see, my mom knows me perfectly, she's no problem. My sisters are fine with who I am too, but I lived with those three all my life.

Anything outside of them, though, I will lie to their face. "Oh of course I love Jesus...oh boy that Jesus...man, me and Jesus we are good friends".

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I see they worked on character modeling and decal application. I don't see a game there. I see nothing that tells me that's anything but a glorified Zwinky or something. It's PS Home with guns at this point, and PS Home sucks.

No, you're still being retarded. You saw a character customization feature. Does it occur to you that they maybe have other videos? About the other shit? Come on, man.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Are you being purposefully dense or what?

Yes, they have one video out that focuses on the customization the the game.

THAT MEANS THAT THERE CAN'T BE ANYTHING ELSE TO THE GAME GUYS. ANY VIDEO OF THE GAME MUST COVER ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME OTHERWISE THOSE ASPECTS MUST NOT EXIST.

Christ you are a dumb bugger.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »

Which is what I meant. And is the whole point of FB. Otherwise people could just e-mail you for the same effect.

Not really...

My main objection came cause AJ responded to another guy who posted on my wall, and frankly the less that dude knows about the 'online friends' the better

like what Passer posted, just innocuous stuff, that's fine

but if kakos were to post something in the vein of PA messing around, like ZOMG SEX HOT STUFF BONING then that would not be ok

He was posting about vampires and shit, what was I supposed to do!?

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Hakks I understand you're having to deal with living with your parents and what-not but... If you can't deal with explaining your internet friends to them then something is wrong. I understand the cultural differences - really, I do - but your parents are going to have to accept that they don't live in Iran anymore and that most of your friends aren't good Muslims, or even theists.

look they don't care about my friends being muslims or theists

but they have an irrational fear about internet people as rapist freaks

if they even knew i posted online with people i didn't actually know in real like then they would flip out, and it wouldn't matter what the explanation was

trust me, when i was 12 and we first got dial-up, i was so excited that i was talking to someone from kentucky online and it was so awesome look at what the internet can do

and they freaked out, almost got rid of the internet forever, just basically went ballistic over fear

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My parents have fb but never use it. The only other family is my sister and one cousin. Make that two but one is nutty and in the south and I don't really care about what I post there.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

jesus dude it was one video showing off one aspect of the game

an aspect that's actually quite unique in MMOs and worth noting

did you know that character customization is actually a selling point to some people?

it is!

Pony on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Matt, did City of Heroes, Champions Online and All Points Bulletin break into your house and rape you or something? That video is detailing the character customization because the character customization is impressive and deserves its own video. There are other videos that show how the game plays. Just because you haven't bothered to look for these other videos doesn't mean it's reasonable to assume they don't exist, or in fact assume that there's nothing to this game besides what is shown in this one video that you probably only saw because Inquisitor posted it here.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

if they even knew i posted online with people i didn't actually know in real like then they would flip out, and it wouldn't matter what the explanation was

trust me, when i was 12 and we first got dial-up, i was so excited that i was talking to someone from kentucky online and it was so awesome look at what the internet can do

and they freaked out, almost got rid of the internet forever, just basically went ballistic over fear

To be fair, you were 12.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I will never add anyone I'm related to on any social network ever.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Are you being purposefully dense or what?

Yes, they have one video out that focuses on the customization the the game.

THAT MEANS THAT THERE CAN'T BE ANYTHING ELSE TO THE GAME GUYS. ANY VIDEO OF THE GAME MUST COVER ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME OTHERWISE THOSE ASPECTS MUST NOT EXIST.

Christ you are a dumb bugger.
    The first video they released was on skinning the character, and people jizzed all over it. That's what I'm talking about.

That said, I've watched the gameplay videos too. I'm still not impressed. GTA MMO, ok, so?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

So just don't tell them you did that...?

I always thought that they would get an FB notification like "Sara put you on a limited profile!"

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

I was going to say that you're safe in our hands, but then I thought...

Kakos

Drez

Pony

SE++

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

hakks i am going to say something rude to you and i am sorry in advance and remember that i do like you but

is the reason you appear to have absolutely no backbone with your parents entirely oriented upon your current financial dependency on them?

like is this sort of thing going to continue going once you no longer are reliant on their money?

please say no

because it would make me sad if you said yes

Pony on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I just posted on FB how much I enjoy killing the undead with my brother.

Weeee FB.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That's because you only watched like one video and didn't read anything about the game?

Sounds like you're trying to pin your ignorance on the developers here.

Yes they have a detailed character editor. But they also have a game, and it's been demoed to various journalists and their impressions are online. Don't be so quick to judge.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hmmm...

I need to figure out a way to make/print thick glossy boardgame tiles...

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I was going to say that you're safe in our hands, but then I thought...

Kakos

Drez

Pony

SE++

hey i am a totally upstanding citizen

you could take me home to meet your mother and she'd think i was a wonderful lad

Pony on
This discussion has been closed.