edited October 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    I got drunk in the womb and I turned out perfectly okay

Drinking while pregnant leads to monstrous appearance and a love of JRPGS

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Damn, Ludious is jailed. This is going to seriously affect his average "Alaska"-per-minute.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My facebook is alight with omgbama comments as well.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Everyone in my work place is throwing a shit fit over the Nobel Peace Prize thing. Like, wow, guys, I didn't know you cared so damn much about the Peace Prize, seeing as you have never discussed it before in the three years we've been working together.

Alaska.

I used up a precious post for this. That's how important it is for me to crush your spirit on a daily basis.

<3 you Mori

P.S. I had this typed up before your comment.

It's still that important to me.

Ludious on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I got drunk in the womb and I turned out perfectly okay

That's not true.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Everyone in my work place is throwing a shit fit over the Nobel Peace Prize thing. Like, wow, guys, I didn't know you cared so damn much about the Peace Prize, seeing as you have never discussed it before in the three years we've been working together.
    Do me a favor and ask them who they think should have won.

Bama on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    so glad Im isolated from people I wouldnt be able to hold back from arguing with

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    8? That's fucking retarded.

I have no problem with your logic, but let's try to be a little reasonable here. 13 or 14 or so for the first drink.

Not fucking 8 years old. What the fuck is wrong with you?

By age 14 here, a lot of kids are drinking cans down lanes and in fields.

I'm from a reasonably well off area, and I remember people coming in hung over when I was in first year of secondary school. It's definitely a cultural thing, though.

Here too, actuallly. My 14-year-old has been telling me stories of her friends bringing beer to school and drinking in the bathrooms at lunch or between classes.

And this was at a charter school, where parents had to go out of their way to get their kid to go and thus (assumedly) paid a bit more attention to what their kids were doing than the kids at the neighborhood schools.

You've gotta shape their outlook on these types of things before age 12 or so if you want to catch them before they have the opportunity to DO them.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

When people tell you he hasn't done anything just reply "Well I guess he hasn't allowed the worst terrorist attack on american soil and gotten us involved in pointless wars so true he hasn't done as good as the last guy."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Bama wrote: »

I brought that up with a coworker, I mean was it a really robust field this year?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009

:^:

Variable on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Here too, actuallly. My 14-year-old has been telling me stories of her friends bringing beer to school and drinking in the bathrooms at lunch or between classes.

And this was at a charter school, where parents had to go out of their way to get their kid to go and thus (assumedly) paid a bit more attention to what their kids were doing than the kids at the neighborhood schools.

You've gotta shape their outlook on these types of things before age 12 or so if you want to catch them before they have the opportunity to DO them.

Actually, I find these types of parents tend to me even more painfully out of touch with their kids. In my admittedly anecdotal personal experience.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

When people tell you he hasn't done anything just reply "Well I guess he hasn't allowed the worst terrorist attack on american soil and gotten us involved in pointless wars so true he hasn't done as good as the last guy."

I've always liked you Preacher. Now you're really high up on my list. :)

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    And I mean, to copy-paste a post from the thread about it, obama has apparently done some stuff:
    How about the $5 billion in aid he helped secure for Pakistan to rebuild their economy and help fight Islamic terrorism?

Or the active steps he's taken to engage the Islamic world on the diplomatic front, rather than just bomb the hell out of them?

Or all the work he started as a Senator, and has continued as President, in nuclear disarmament?

Saying he hasn't "done anything yet" is just playing into the stupid fucking stuffed-shirt meme the GOP has been shouting from the rooftops since last year. If you don't think he's done anything, that's more indicative of your ignorance than his actions.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

I brought that up with a coworker, I mean was it a really robust field this year?
    I can't really say, but I'll be all the money in my wallet that nearly all the jackasses who are complaining about this can't either.

Bama on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have a problem with saying its ok for parents to allow their children to break the law. Maybe parents should teach their children about the effects of drinking, and if they do choose to drink, that they should do so carefully. But as of right now, in the US, the age is 21, and parents don't have the right to break that law.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I have a problem with saying its ok for parents to allow their children to break the law. Maybe parents should teach their children about the effects of drinking, and if they do choose to drink, that they should do so carefully. But as of right now, in the US, the age is 21, and parents don't have the right to break that law.

I wouldnt even think once about the fact that it was breaking the law if I thought it was good parenting.

Variable on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The wrong movie wins the best picture Oscar almost every year. Remember that year Titanic won like 8 million Oscars? Now that was a joke.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

All the beer I drank as a minor and all the weed I smoke?

That's dedicated to you.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah I mean, people break laws all the time, I mean...it's really not a big deal..

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

As I recall actually in washington state (I swear its true) that if your parent allows you to drink in their house its ok, but I believe that only applies to their own children.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm a lot more willing to say "it's illegal because it's the wrong thing to do" than to say "it's the wrong thing to do because it's illegal."

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    The wrong movie wins the best picture Oscar almost every year. Remember that year Titanic won like 8 million Oscars? Now that was a joke.

As good as it gets wins best actor and actress, so the movie had the best actors, but was not the best movie? GOD DAMN YOU TITANIC!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ludious wrote: »

Rose's story disarmed me.

thats a stretch.

Variable on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The law =/= what is right.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The law =/= what is right.

that's what she said

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh my gosh, guys, I just heard the law is the only reason we don't go around beating eachother up with randomly found bones!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fuck it I'm turning off Fox News

the best they can come up with is whine whine bitch bitch stop picking on bush

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh my gosh, guys, I just heard the law is the only reason we don't go around beating eachother up with randomly found bones!
    God damn it, I'm so fucking sick of that line of reasoning.

We don't go around beating each other up because we don't want to go to hell.

This isn't that complicated, people!

Bama on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    wait what what's all this about the peace prize well just let me hit up the news and are you fucking kidding me

Rust on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Look those sicko sluts need to be stopped! Some pubes down there is not a bad thing!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Hey, I got my bone while raiding an archeological dig.

Cinders on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

So it's business as usual for Fox News.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    wait what what's all this about the peace prize well just let me hit up the news and are you fucking kidding me

Kidding you about what aspect of it?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    me, i got a boner while raiding an archaeological dig

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Rust dislikes Obama, this just confirms why.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Is there ever a time you don't get a boner from doing something Mike?

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ah, yeah, I haven't really gotten around to figuring much out about the newer chat posters like mazz and rust, and alk is posting a lot more now too, though I'm starting to learn about him.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

which do you think

i mean i probably shouldn't be surprised, it's not like there have been peace prize awardees that have had nothing to do with peace before (hello guy who made dynamite)

but this doesn't help to disabuse me of the notion that the thing is just a huge popularity contest among the elite

Rust on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Are you talking about fucking the dead? I think you are talking about fucking the dead.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.