Options

[BORDERLANDS] The Vault Hunter: Hero or Thrill Killer?

• Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Zetx wrote: »
    Also Quaz, considering this game was modded from UT3, I'm not all that surprised. Consider, UT3 is a multiplayer game with no "rpg"-like elements at all. All the configs can be changed via the ini files. Gearbox comes in and uses it for an FPS/RPG hybrid with client-side saving. You do the math.

I don't think you guys understand. I can accept games that can be easily hacked. I understand many games hold vital data client side, and thus with the right tools, it can be tweaked. But I'm talking about a joe shmoe who doesn't want to cheat enough to download sketchy programs or learn how to use a hex editor, but goes looking through these mystical "ini" files he heard about on teh webs with notepad, and finding a value that says "Max Inventory Size" and goes, "I would like to hold a 100 guns."

Holding data like that client side is understandable, especially when there's no dedicated servers and such. But couldn't they have at least not documented it?

Surely, this is just me overreacting to something that is simply not the case, somebody please correct me.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm looking to start a game, ID is Zek23. Anybody up for it?

Also invite me to the group: http://steamcommunity.com//id/zek/home

Zek on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    So has anyone noticed what stuff they added during the extra week, besides bugs and inconvenience?

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Holy shit fuck my router. I'm looking at the model and its completely different from what portfoward is showing me. I have like a hour to get this working before my friend can play.

This is aggravating.

EDIT: I got it V2 apparently. I take that back fuck Portforwarding can't get this to work.

Steam id is in Sig I need a invite/someone to shoot shit with.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Darkchampion3dDarkchampion3d Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Holy shit fuck my router. I'm looking at the model and its completely different from what portfoward is showing me. I have like a hour to get this working before my friend can play.

This is aggravating.

EDIT: I got it V2 apparently.

Steam id is in Sig I need a invite/someone to shoot shit with.

Being a network admin geek does have it's uses! Already configured my home router remotely for play when I get home :D

Assuming the stars align. Apparently even a proper setup isn't a guarantee of success.

Darkchampion3d on
    Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence --Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am getting intense video stuttering. Poor 8800, you lasted me 2 years, but sadly, your time has passed.

Verr on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So has anyone noticed what stuff they added during the extra week, besides bugs and inconvenience?

They didn't add an option to toggle aim, you have to hold down your aim button or key :D

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Verr wrote: »
    I am getting intense video stuttering. Poor 8800, you lasted me 2 years, but sadly, your time has passed.
    :? What kind of 8800?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Adda wrote: »

They didn't add an option to toggle aim, you have to hold down your aim button or key :D

Honestly I would have enjoyed having that for the console as well. :(

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I've been thinking that there must be a way to add this via the INI's

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    IMPORTANT SHIT THAT NEEDS TO BE SIZE 7[/aize]

Forward ports 6500 and 9989 (TCP/UDP) in addition to the ones listed in the OP
    I did this and it now works

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

What? Man, I can run UT3 on high settings with no problems in my 8800 and Crysis on high @30ish FPS. There is no way this game should be more taxing than those from what I've seen of it so far.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Take your ball and go home.
    YOUR BALL.

(he has 3 balls)

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Zetx wrote: »

I've been thinking that there must be a way to add this via the INI's

Just search the ini's for 'aim' and you'll probably get some hits :D

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Axen wrote: »

Why dear god why? Toggling aim would suck as enemies close fast and being able to just release the trigger makes shooting mans a lot easier then shooting mass in front of me.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, why would you guys want options, gawd.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, why would you guys want options, gawd.

Choices are scary.

Darkchampion3d on
    Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence --Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Apparently using the free trial on here: http://www.gotrusted.com/ will allow you to decrypt the files. Then set Steam to offline until Friday and you should be good to go. I will be trying this out in a few hours and will report back with more detailed instructions if necessary.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sheep wrote: »
    Glad Gearbox has a real winner here. Only other game of theirs I've played was Band of Brothers. Wasn't too impressed.

I can only imagine the 360 version did well sales wise if they are sold out. Though I dunno how videogame sales work.

Do we have anymore word on when they expect the dlc to drop? Other than its coming?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

What? Man, I can run UT3 on high settings with no problems in my 8800 and Crysis on high @30ish FPS. There is no way this game should be more taxing than those from what I've seen of it so far.

Im running an 8800 and it is fine.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Why PC mourning, I've missed the last few days of the thread?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

What? I'm running it on an 8800GT @ 1920x1200 with pretty much everything maxxed and its silky smooth

How important are weapon levels? It seems like brick should be using launchers+shotguns, but i haven't seen a launcher yet, my only shotgun is horrible, and i have unbelievably kick ass pistols and smgs falling out of the sky so i'm using those..but i'll use my crappy shotgun if it'll gimp me later

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    edited October 2009

What? I'm running it on an 8800GT @ 1920x1200 with pretty much everything maxxed and its silky smooth

How important are weapon levels? It seems like brick should be using launchers+shotguns, but i haven't seen a launcher yet, my only shotgun is horrible, and i have unbelievably kick ass pistols and smgs falling out of the sky so i'm using those..but i'll use my crappy shotgun if it'll gimp me later

They seem to catch up pretty fast when you switch. Don't worry about it.

Darkchampion3d on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So yeah, haven't tried the multiplayer yet, which is apparently why I am not currently seething with PC nerd rage.

Yet, anyway.

Since I can't find any fucking documentation anywhere, if I fuck around with the single player and level up a character, does that character carry over to co-op, or do I have to start from square one?

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Then you probably saw the previous thread, it's moving so fast :lol:
    Everyone seems to be having trouble with getting co-op going on the PC aswell as the fact that it's all console-ified in terms of the interface. Then there's teh non-North Americans who can't play it until 30th but were expecting to play it today.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Since I can't find any fucking documentation anywhere, if I fuck around with the single player and level up a character, does that character carry over to co-op, or do I have to start from square one?

Carries over.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Axen wrote: »

Why dear god why? Toggling aim would suck as enemies close fast and being able to just release the trigger makes shooting mans a lot easier then shooting mass in front of me.

First I should mention that I would want "Toggle aim on/off" in the options so you can turn it off if you hate it. Reason I would want it is because it would have made the controller preset that is laid out like Halo 3 viable. I suppose if you weren't a sniper it might suck. Though the "Nuked" preset has worked well enough for me.

Axen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well weapon proficiencies help but aren't super required to kill mans. And weapon skills again help, but if you go gunslinger you won't fumble the smg when it goes to fire, you just won't do as well as if you were using a pistol.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    IMPORTANT SHIT THAT NEEDS TO BE SIZE 7[/aize]

Forward ports 6500 and 9989 (TCP/UDP) in addition to the ones listed in the OP
    I did this and it now works

not to discredit, but I still can't host. Frustrating.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »

8800 GTS, i'm playing on a LAN with my 3 IRL buddies, and i'll run for about 30 seconds, then freeze, then my character will continue running froward spraying bullets off a cliff. :? Trying to find a fix for it.

Verr on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    Take your ball and go home.
    YOUR BALL.

(he has 3 balls)

Oh funny story about that.

When I was in my early teens I had to go the doctors to get this hernia thing checked out and he told me an interesting story (probably to take my mind off the fact that I was having to get my junk out in front of a random stranger.)

Apparently in ye olden days (he didn't really specify an exact era) if anyone had this particular hernia condition thing then they were thought to have 3 balls and this entitled them to have more than one wife because obviously they would have more baby making materials to go round.

My '3rd ball' has since been removed and my feet are whole, so the similarity to 9 toes ends there.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Big Isy wrote: »

Everyone seems to be having trouble with getting co-op going on the PC aswell as the fact that it's all console-ified in terms of the interface. Then there's teh non-North Americans who can't play it until 30th but were expecting to play it today.

The fuck? And after ALLLLLLLL the bragging they were doing about how the PC version would be the definitive version?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

The fuck? And after ALLLLLLLL the bragging they were doing about how the PC version would be the definitive version?

Pretty much. Lol PC gamers MIRITE!?

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So last night I encountered a bug that annoyed me on some levels. Couldn't get the Rescue Claptrap achievement even though I did all the quests. Somehow I only got 36 slots yet I've done all the claptrap quests. Not sure if it has anything to do with finding the last claptrap after beating the game but GRRRrrrr

If it does it again on my Roland run I'll be every so cross *pouts*

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Yeah, that was a lie.

Darkchampion3d on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

8800 GTS, i'm playing on a LAN with my 3 IRL buddies, and i'll run for about 30 seconds, then freeze, then my character will continue running froward spraying bullets off a cliff. :? Trying to find a fix for it.
    The GTS, which I have, is a pretty sexy card. I daresay it's a driver issue, given the others who have chimed in earlier saying they're not having issues with theirs.

I'm still at work, so...

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009

The GTS, which I have, is a pretty sexy card. I daresay it's a driver issue, given the others who have chimed in earlier saying they're not having issues with theirs.

I'm still at work, so...

I'm reading a few other sites, and i'm getting all sorts of different reports. From the latest 191. drivers not working, to all of them being borked, to only the 173. drivers working.... It's all very confusing. I'm fairly sure that you're right, and it is a driver issue.

Verr on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jeez, if you thought Lance were annoying in the first playthrough.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well weapon proficiencies help but aren't super required to kill mans. And weapon skills again help, but if you go gunslinger you won't fumble the smg when it goes to fire, you just won't do as well as if you were using a pistol.

Indeed! Like I mentioned ealier in this thread (or the one before) I played as Mordecai, the sniper, but I ended up just shotgun'n people in the face to great effect for most of the game.

Basically the weapon bonuses each class gets are appreciated, but not required to kill mans.

Axen on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So last night I encountered a bug that annoyed me on some levels. Couldn't get the Rescue Claptrap achievement even though I did all the quests. Somehow I only got 36 slots yet I've done all the claptrap quests. Not sure if it has anything to do with finding the last claptrap after beating the game but GRRRrrrr

If it does it again on my Roland run I'll be every so cross *pouts*

The max slots is 36? I think I have 30 which probably means that I need 2 more clap traps... Hmmm good way to guage progress. Though I swear people claim there is one in skag gully I do not believe this!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.