• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Seriously though Rolo, I'm super happy for you

Did you meet her through OKC?

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Blaket I am having the worst day

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    For her birthday I bought my wife one of those romance novels that you order and give info about what she looks like, what her name is, if she has a dog/cat and what it's name is, etc., and it makes her the heroine and you're the hero who she falls in love with and whatnot. It's so cheesy but she loves it and I'm happy and we had a good day off together today.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

back off, bitch

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    nice fag, hat

Robcham on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tossrock wrote: »

Yessir, after years of heartbreak the internet finally slipped up and matched me with someone wonderful.

I deleted my old profile on there, but I still check in using a blank one from time to time just to chat with people. Are you still on? Anything good come of it?

Brolo on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am drinking good beer and listening to some good powerful music and I'm like "man, this is the life."

I haven't felt serious stress in a long time except work-related stress, and thats all due to other people being stupid or whatnot. I'm picking up an extra shift tomorrow, five hours which isn't a biggie, and its to cover a shift for my coworker who is sick, a coworker that I happen to quite enjoy as a person so I'm not begrudged in the slightest.

I'm pretty broke right now, but I'm making my ends meet while still enjoying a robust life. If I penny-pinched I could be saving more right now, but I don't have a lot of time left to hang out with my friends before we all part ways so I'm living it up a little.

I finally know what I want to study, I know how I want to go about that goal, and I finally feel motivated to go back to school and finish my education. It is wonderfully liberating to know that, for the first time in your life, I actually have a concrete (and achievable) plan about what I want to be when I'm 30+.

I recently made some progress with a lady and it upped my confidence on that front. I've been single for so long its like I've forgotten how a person does the whole dating thing. And I don't even care, thats the best part. I'm just doing whatever feels the most organic and its working and to hell with the consequences. In ways I feel like I'm 19 again.

Oh, and I guess the most important part is I've thrown out a lot of my old rules. Finally. After saying I would a year and a half ago and not doing it.

And I just had an eyelash in my eye and christ it was uncomfortable but I got it out, no problems, and now my eye feels so relieved, dogs.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Rolo wrote: »

Yessir, after years of heartbreak the internet finally slipped up and matched me with someone wonderful.

I deleted my old profile on there, but I still check in using a blank one from time to time just to chat with people. Are you still on? Anything good come of it?

Hurray for the internet!

As for me, I never really gave it serious effort. I've got a profile that I check... um, more frequently than I'd like to admit, but I haven't messaged anyone in ages.

I suppose as I approach male spinsterhood I'll have to take more drastic measures. On another note, I can't believe Firefox recognizes 'spinsterhood' as a word.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »

back off, bitch

hey come on now, you can't keep him all to yourself

let's share

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    cfiles35163.jpg

Marathon, Florida.

This place makes me incredibly happy. It's in the Florida Keys. This place is pretty much perfection to me...it has a really small-town feel to it, none of that overly touristy feeling that plagues Key West, and driving through the Keys you really get this incredible sense of remoteness and isolation. It's about a nine-hour drive from where I live, so I usually go down there a few times every year and just get a room for the weekend, relax, go fishing, and enjoy the peace.

I got a similar feeling from North Shore on Oahu in Hawaii, but, you know, that's pretty far away.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

back off, bitch

yes I can

watch me

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

back off, bitch

yes I can

watch me

we'll both watch you

from the bedroom

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Rolo wrote: »

Hurray for the internet!

As for me, I never really gave it serious effort. I've got a profile that I check... um, more frequently than I'd like to admit, but I haven't messaged anyone in ages.

I suppose as I approach male spinsterhood I'll have to take more drastic measures. On another note, I can't believe Firefox recognizes 'spinsterhood' as a word.

Oh man, I know the checking thing and then just... not messaging people thing. When it's the same people on the same list the novelty wears off pretty quickly.

Perhaps it is time for a horrible okcupid thread. Perhaps it should wait until 2010. Hmm.

Actually, what year of CompSci are you in? Or is it CompEng? Or are you in a masters program? I can never remember these things.

Brolo on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hardcore is the worst thing

except Madball

did you know that there is a hardcore/powerviolence (yes that is a subgenre) band called Charles Bronson?

L|ama on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    cfiles35163.jpg

Marathon, Florida.

This place makes me incredibly happy. It's in the Florida Keys. This place is pretty much perfection to me...it has a really small-town feel to it, none of that overly touristy feeling that plagues Key West, and driving through the Keys you really get this incredible sense of remoteness and isolation. It's about a nine-hour drive from where I live, so I usually go down there a few times every year and just get a room for the weekend, relax, go fishing, and enjoy the peace.

I got a similar feeling from North Shore on Oahu in Hawaii, but, you know, that's pretty far away.

My first thought when I saw that photo, was, oh no, it looks like a giant area has been flooded.

Blake T on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Rolo you queerbag

I was all ready to run off to you and then I find that you're dating this hussy

(seriously dude, congrats)

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm in my senior year of a plain old BS of CS, but because of problems.jpg I'm gonna be taking 5 years

so my second to last year, pretty much

I've thought about graduate school but I think I'll probably get a job at least for a while. Get money get paid, you know.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What makes me happy? knowing my life is in order and I have a career where I make enough money to buy the things I want.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Seriously, though, what makes me happy is the fact that my wife gets back from her trip tomorrow; it's been 4 weeks since I last saw her and this is the last night I get to sleep alone for a while.

I always like the space I get when she goes away, but I also miss her while she's away and dearly look forward to her return.

Plus, you know, nudity.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Robcham wrote: »
    WIMBLE, are you a woman
    What Wimble and I have transcends boundaries. It doesn't matter if Wimble is man, lady, dog, or Swedish, our love is truer than an arrow.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am less happy that that post became a TOTP.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man it is a bad idea for me to work in certain parts of the Target I work at

Kitchen stuff? Oh man I want these kitchen appliances!

Halloween? Dammit I want this candy!

Toys? I want this nerf minigun! Fuck!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am happy we finally live in a world with flying cars and teleporters.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I do not know of nudity

that makes me sad

der

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »

Mori maybe you just need to accept that you will want whatever section you are placed in.

Just be glad it is not women's underwear.

Blake T on
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Campion wrote: »
    WIMBLE, are you a woman
    What Wimble and I have transcends boundaries. It doesn't matter if Wimble is man, lady, dog, or Swedish, our love is truer than an arrow.

hooray

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh man and I should mention that I have two new scenes that may make it into my story or they might just linger on as blurbs that may one day be incorporated into the main novel project.

Decisions, decisions!

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Blaket wrote: »

Mori maybe you just need to accept that you will want whatever section you are placed in.

Just be glad it is not women's underwear.

Men actually aren't allowed to work in those sections

it's slightly awkward, though, when I get called up to the front lane and there's some lady with her boyfriend buying like ten thongs on clearance

"So, uh, his or hers?"

Moriveth on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Furthermore, other things that make me happy include: Wiretap on CBC, thanks to Rank. Also a working computer.

Things that make me angery: A broken stupid dumb computer, nothing to draw on, an uncomfortable chair, and this goddamn mouse that's picking at something in the room, or the walls, or I don't know where it is but I wish it would just die.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wimble wrote: »
    WIMBLE, are you a woman

hooray

Yeah well you are kind of a whore.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm in my senior year of a plain old BS of CS, but because of problems.jpg I'm gonna be taking 5 years

so my second to last year, pretty much

I've thought about graduate school but I think I'll probably get a job at least for a while. Get money get paid, you know.

I know the feeling, and have been there (and am currently there). And yeah, masters in CS doesn't really do much, from what I hear. What you want is to put those skills to use and become a bitter old database admin making a measly $150 000 a year for a contracting company. "Tossrock can you build us a company database that only we can see... and that we can host our powerpoint files on?"

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I feel this way about my job as well, since we supply our state with the neatest volleyball stuff

to date I have purchased kneepads, a volleyball strategy board and a beach volleyball crop top... and I'll have to buy ANOTHER crop top along with playing bottoms for the tournaments

I am so tempted to also purchase a beach volleyball and the knee-high socks for indoor and a whistle for coaching/refereeing and a drink bottle and a volleyball carry bag and a beach volleyball visor/cap thing and sand socks all kinds of nifty stuff

but noooooooooooo

Vivi has to save money

stupid priorities

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Rolo you queerbag

I was all ready to run off to you and then I find that you're dating this hussy

(seriously dude, congrats)

Dammit man we can leave our women and go be roommates like we always planned!

And have an apartment with two xboxes and two big screen TVs and two copies of Mass Effect 2!

Just like we planned!

Edit: Also fuck yeah dude, congrats at the job! Save that cash! Shower your lovely wife with xboxes and big screen tvs and copies of mass effect 2!

Brolo on
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wimble wrote: »
    WIMBLE, are you a woman

hooray

Yeah well you are kind of a whore.

I'm a whore 4 u

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Who the hell wears sand socks?

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I feel this way about my job as well, since we supply our state with the neatest volleyball stuff

to date I have purchased kneepads, a volleyball strategy board and a beach volleyball crop top... and I'll have to buy ANOTHER crop top along with playing bottoms for the tournaments

I am so tempted to also purchase a beach volleyball and the knee-high socks for indoor and a whistle for coaching/refereeing and a drink bottle and a volleyball carry bag and a beach volleyball visor/cap thing and sand socks all kinds of nifty stuff

but noooooooooooo

Vivi has to save money

stupid priorities

yeah, working at a computer store didn't help

working at the crack cocaine store was just a mess

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I mean besides my girlfriend when she is day dreaming.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

but noooooooooooo

Vivi has to save money

stupid priorities

I actually thought of you today since I was in the sporting goods section and they had volleyballs

I was like "Hm, I wonder what Viv would think of these volleyballs?"

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    Who the hell wears sand socks?

well according to YOU sometimes the sand here gets too hot to walk on barefoot

let alone PLAY VOLLEYBALL ON barefoot

so I would imagine Australians wear sand socks

Vivixenne on