As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BORDERLANDS] The Vault Hunter: Hero or Thrill Killer?

1565758596062»

• Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    For somewhat detailed (though sometimes not exactly the same) instructions on how to access your router and port forward, you can find your router here. It should give you the proper IP to type in to access it (some are funny) as well as the default username and password combo.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'll have to do some coop with you guys soon. I've been having fun with singleplayer and all but that's not really why I bought the game, you know?

What's the best way to get a group going? This thread? Wangs Without Borders chat? I used GameSpy all of one time for some terrible Dawn of War multiplayer so I do have an account with them. GSID is "orochired"

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Louie wrote: »
    isn't it usually 192.168.0.1 in your browser?

then admin as username and password as password?

Depends. I've never seen that set up but I've only got experience with Linksys and Belkin routers.

http://portforward.com/

Lists all the default stuff.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    verbelverbel Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If I am correct and friday is the European release I would like to get some multiplayer games going with people in my time-zone.

verbel on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Holy crap thread four coming up already!? I llove this gmae.

edit: so good it's called a gmae.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man you lose track of time in this game like no other! Played online with a guy I met the first night owning the game, with a goal to get in the basement. Right as we were about to stop and save it for another night, he gets the quest to open it. Nice way to end a session!

Tommatt on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So, apparently you can use Gamespy Comrade with Borderlands. It's like Steam-ish, with a friends list and everything.

Get it here: http://comrade.gamespy.com

Everyone should get it.

Edit: I'm not sure if you can jump into a friend's game, but at least you can add people easily and see who is online and playing without having to launch the game.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    syphonblue, where did your sig/av pics come from, if i may ask?

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    New thread here.

Time for me to sleep.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Houk wrote: »

http://kotaku.com/5303468/if-only-these-characters-were-actually-in-scribblenauts

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Houk wrote: »

http://kotaku.com/5303468/if-only-these-characters-were-actually-in-scribblenauts
    sweeeet thanks. a fine way to end the thread, says i!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think I'm still missing a quest for the achievement for all the Rust Commons quests done, but I can't figure out what it is. I've done the Green Fingers quest and the Bandit one, all claptraps etc. Can't figure out what I'm missing.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I think I'm still missing a quest for the achievement for all the Rust Commons quests done, but I can't figure out what it is. I've done the Green Fingers quest and the Bandit one, all claptraps etc. Can't figure out what I'm missing.

Have you done the bandits keys in Old Haven?

Big Classy on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »

Have you done the bandits keys in Old Haven?

Yes, that's what I mean when I say "Bandit one" :P

I still don't have that achievement. I just can't figure out what quest it is I don't have!

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So i've played the past couple nights solo for a little bit. Won't really have time to "focus" a big playing session until the weekend.

Playing on the PC, my Gamespy ID is "MagicPrime"
    I'm playing a Roland, and loving it. Going Infantry/Medic.

Last night I found a Blue-item Shotgun, it rapes face. I am level 14 and this shotgun is doing 400+ critical damage with point-blank headshots on humanoids. The only downside is it only holds 2 rounds, but I can put some points in "Overloaded" and increase the magazine to at least 3 or 4 rounds.

Also I found blue MIRV/Incendiary grenade add-on. Its like fucking napalm air strike. I throw the first nade and there is a splash of fire then a few seconds later the 4 secondary nades go off and people die in a tidal wave of burning hate.

I chucked two down a narrow hallway last night as I was storming the big underground base looking for the mining keys, I almost felt sorry for the survivors before I removed their face with my shotgun.

I also made the roid-rage giant dude my bitch with that shotgun.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My only complaint against this game is the fact that it was clearly designed for console, and PC was an afterthought. The control settings are just horrendous. I've tweaked the INI to make a few adjustments (disabling Mouse Smoothing, remove toggle from crouch, and adjust FOV.) I still need to be able to mute my mic so people don't have to listen to me yell at my dog among other things.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I was actually pleased as punch when I found out they had crouch on a toggle, more games need to have that at least as some kind of option. The other stuff, yeah, you can't help but feel we're getting pulled down because of them.

And I was wondering where the hell I had seen T.K. from earlier:
    1010381-snap0004_super.jpg
    Good ol' Space Station Silicon Valley.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    My only complaint against this game is the fact that it was clearly designed for console, and PC was an afterthought. The control settings are just horrendous. I've tweaked the INI to make a few adjustments (disabling Mouse Smoothing, remove toggle from crouch, and adjust FOV.) I still need to be able to mute my mic so people don't have to listen to me yell at my dog among other things.
    This.

Also, does disabling smooth mouse actually make it lower?

I really could use help lowering my sensitivity, even the lowest setting isn't low enough.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This thread is over.

Go to the New One

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This.

Also, does disabling smooth mouse actually make it lower?

I really could use help lowering my sensitivity, even the lowest setting isn't low enough.

I have the same problem with mouse sensitivity, and mouse smoothing does not solve it. If I find a tweak, I will let you know, but modifying the value in one of the configs has no effect.

Mouse Smoothing disabled makes the mouse feel more responsive, though.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
This discussion has been closed.