Options

Modern Warfare 2: Complete map collection in OP! (NSF56K)

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh...I'm not saying that the scenes in MW aren't awesome, because they are, and I even enjoy dumb action movies. Yet, in the same token, I also enjoy poking at plotholes and straight up nonsensical stuff which MW isn't short on..

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    If you use Akimbo 1887s you're a dog rapist.

Well hell.

I thought the Ranger was the cool terminator dual wield shotgun. I had it on last night. Reload was hell a slow so I put on the fast reload perk but never got to play the class again.

I'm disappointed that I have to unlock yet another shotgun.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't understand the Navy's full blown obsession with shelling the Gulag, even though there's an operation going on at the moment.

"Hold on dammit.. we got guys in there"

"but we wanna shoot our guuuuuuunnnnssssss!"
    I assume it has something to do with Shepard

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I don't understand the Navy's full blown obsession with shelling the Gulag, even though there's an operation going on at the moment.

Yes. To the spoiler.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Man, what a prick

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    firemanfredfiremanfred Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I finally decided to give the FAL a rest and go back to my one true love: the SCAR. I decided to try out a Silencer with a Holographic Sight and running with Bling Pro, Cold Blooded and Ninja.

The result of this was 33-1 and a killstreak that went something like predator missile, harrier, AC-130 (my first!), predator missile, harrier, match ended.

Ahhh SCAR, I love you so. All this on Skid-Row. I didn't find that the silencer reduced my killing power enough to be a concern, but without Scavenger I spent the last part of the match creeping around with a pistol looking for a replacement weapon.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
    Spaceships are better than relationships
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I recieved a Makarov icon last night, I don't know why. I did get a "placed the most bombs" accolade a few times.

Also, is there a website that has a listing of requirements for icons and titles?

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    bejeavisbejeavis Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I called in a Harrier strike last night on underpass. The airstrike part failed to kill the target. The lingering Harrier hung out for the whole duration without being shot down. However, the lingering Harrier didn't fire as much as a single round. So. Much. Rage.

bejeavis on
  • Options
    SirsonSirson Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I recieved a Makarov icon last night, I don't know why. I did get a "placed the most bombs" accolade a few times.

Also, is there a website that has a listing of requirements for icons and titles?

Look up the MW2 Wikia, it has the requirements. I think Makarov is for planting 10 bombs or something like that.
    http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns

Sirson on
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I finally decided to give the FAL a rest and go back to my one true love: the SCAR. I decided to try out a Silencer with a Holographic Sight and running with Bling Pro, Cold Blooded and Ninja.

The result of this was 33-1 and a killstreak that went something like predator missile, harrier, AC-130 (my first!), predator missile, harrier, match ended.

Ahhh SCAR, I love you so. All this on Skid-Row. I didn't find that the silencer reduced my killing power enough to be a concern, but without Scavenger I spent the last part of the match creeping around with a pistol looking for a replacement weapon.

Did you even get more than 40% of your kills with the SCAR-H then? I frequently find that when I go with a RECON/infiltrator-type build with Bling, Cold Blooded and Ninja and a silenced rifle that I'm forced to eventually use non-silenced ARs I looted off of my enemy because my ammo doesn't hold out long enough.

Side note -- you don't get even one bullet from killing a guy with the same base weapon as yours if his weapon is modded differently than yours is, right? I hate that shit.

SammyF on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As someone who is almost always silenced, I can say I have no problems getting one hit kills with the m14 silenced and acog. I rock faces with it. The best part about it is, even if I dont kill them in the first burst, they dont know where I am for the second.

Heck, I usually dont even use the acog, and go with heart beat sensor.

Why are there still people who dont use ninja? What could possibly be in that last slot thats worth letting me hunt you down with my heart beat sensor?

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    T3rryT3rry Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Disrupter wrote: »
    As someone who is almost always silenced, I can say I have no problems getting one hit kills with the m14 silenced and acog. I rock faces with it. The best part about it is, even if I dont kill them in the first burst, they dont know where I am for the second.

Why are there still people who dont use ninja? What could possibly be in that last slot thats worth letting me hunt you down with my heart beat sensor?

commando.

T3rry on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    T3rry wrote: »

commando.

Its all making sense now.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    firemanfredfiremanfred Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SammyF wrote: »

Did you even get more than 40% of your kills with the SCAR-H then? I frequently find that when I go with a RECON/infiltrator-type build with Bling, Cold Blooded and Ninja and a silenced rifle that I'm forced to eventually use non-silenced ARs I looted off of my enemy because my ammo doesn't hold out long enough.

Side note -- you don't get even one bullet from killing a guy with the same base weapon as yours if his weapon is modded differently than yours is, right? I hate that shit.

Before I started my kill streak I got 2 kills with the SCAR then died.

Then I got the 5 in a row with it to start the predator/harrier killstreak going. While the harrier was in the air I got 2 or 3 more from guys running across the street trying to find cover, then I ran out of ammo. I did manage to pick up another SCAR, but its only mod was RDS and I held onto that for the rest of the round. Admittedly, I spent most of the rest of the round piloting the AC-130, calling in another predator, and calling in the second harrier. I tried to hunt around for more squishy targets, but we hit 7500 too soon.

firemanfred on
    tepvoy5.png
    Spaceships are better than relationships
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Analrapist wrote: »
    Insanity wrote: »
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Isn't ARMA the most realistic out there? I thought this was established.

Nah, Red Orchestra.

Most realistic I've played (Neverplayed Arma) would be Full Spectrum Warrior. They need a new one of those games soon I'm thinking.

One thing i don't get is how everyone crits the single player as being too "Micheal Bay"
    COD was never about realism, and it's always been about shout outs to various action movies, so it being like a Bay movie wasnt too bad for me. Visually I love his movies, pure eye candy. The space scene for example was my favorite, next favorite was when the BMP was firing randomly into peoples homes during the invasion.

I pretty much agree. I've developed the highly useful skill of being able to turn the "What the fuck!?" part of my brain off for short periods of time.

Although playing through single player for the third time I did find something that made me laugh.
    Not only would the nuke do nothing to the ISS because of the whole no medium to transfer the shockwave thing, the ISS appears to be orbiting over the carribean. Which means the shockwave would have had to travel a thousand miles through nothing to explode it. Which means the nuke would have annihilated the everything on the east cost to the midwest

Yeah, I was wondering how it could have done that. Maybe I should google space nukes.

Oh, I'll save you the time: They don't work. At least not anything like the way they do inside an atmosphere.
    How deep in space is the space station? Is it close enough for there to be *some* if very little atmosphere? this is stuff I should ask my friend Chris. He got like 80 boners when Firefly did the space scenes right.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Is there any major difference between the red laser sight and the holographic sight?

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Insanity wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Is there any fucking reason to take holographic over red dot? Seems like it is exactly the same except holographic has a larger and more obscuring housing around it.

As far as I can tell, the holographic one has the parallax sorted.

In a nutshell, whatever angle you're looking through the sight at, the crosshair will be where the bullet hits. With the red dot, if you're not looking straight down the site (recoil, nearby explosion, etc) the dot will be in the wrong place.

2 pages ago.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Is there any major difference between the red laser sight and the holographic sight?

The holographic obscures more of your view, it's counter-benefit has yet to be determined. Theories of it having higher zoom have been expressed, though if this is the case it's not enough.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

commando.

Yeah, Commando Pro is just so good. I sometimes forget when I switch to a class that doesn't have it and plummet to my doom.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009

commando.

Yeah, Commando Pro is just so good. I sometimes forget when I switch to a class that doesn't have it and plummet to my doom.

haha. i did that like 4 times last night.

T3rry on
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    By the way, I wish we had a recordable replay feature on the 360 version of this game.
    I was behind a building in Favela facing the direction of the street that runs up hill.
    Everyone was on the street shootin' and dyin' so I figured I'd toss a random knife over the building. Sure enough, it hit someone and killed them. T3rry was there, but didn't see it. He and my buddy called me a dirty whore liar all night because of the lack of replay. To top it off, the guy I killed with it refused to say anything in the lobby about it.

I wish it was the game ending kill.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    By the way, I wish we had a recordable replay feature on the 360 version of this game.
    I was behind a building in Favela facing the direction of the street that runs up hill.
    Everyone was on the street shootin' and dyin' so I figured I'd toss a random knife over the building. Sure enough, it hit someone and killed them. T3rry was there, but didn't see it. He and my buddy called me a dirty whore liar all night because of the lack of replay. To top it off, the guy I killed with it refused to say anything in the lobby about it.

I wish it was the game ending kill.

that would have been cool, if it really happened :D

T3rry on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So Akimbo Uzis is just pure rape.

Coupled with Scavanger, I never stop shooting.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    fodderboyfodderboy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I gave the danger close perk a try last night. On the afghan map tossed a couple of stun grenades in to a bunker, and ended up getting a kill. I know you can finish off some one in a last stand with a stun grenade, but I don't know how much damage it will do with the perk.

The guy in the bunker could have already been wounded, or maybe he was standing on the thing when it went off. Any thoughts?

fodderboy on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    fodderboy wrote: »
    I gave the danger close perk a try last night. On the afghan map tossed a couple of stun grenades in to a bunker, and ended up getting a kill. I know you can finish off some one in a last stand with a stun grenade, but I don't know how much damage it will do with the perk.

The guy in the bunker could have already been wounded, or maybe he was standing on the thing when it went off. Any thoughts?
    I've only seen a thrown item kill someone if they're either very wounded (red'd out screen) or in last/final stand. I point-blank (5' maybe) threw a cooked grenade at some guys head last night in that old CoD map, it just put up the little "X" mark when it hit his head, but he didnt die until the thing went off a second later.

I watched myself get killed by a flashbang last night while in final stand. I felt *awesome*. <sigh>

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

What icon did you see for the kill? You may have hit them in the head with the grenade and killed them.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kris_xK wrote: »

You mean you spray and pray and cut down scrubs, until some 8-) face puts a high velocity round through your noggin

Robman on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I chuck flashbangs like whoa

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Robman wrote: »

You mean you spray and pray and cut down scrubs, until some 8-) face puts a high velocity round through your noggin

Essentially, yes. It's great for like the first 2 min, then they catch on and you have to switch back to something useful.

but those two min are fantastic.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ok, so, the javelin? Freaking awesome. I'll generally just pick some place where I know people usually hang out, then fire a javelin at it from as far away as possible. I'll go around doing my own thing, and 20 seconds later I get a double kill like half the time!

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Try it with dual G18s. Dual weapons should NOT be this accurate.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just got my ACR title this morning. Cool gun ,lame looking title.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just got my ACR title this morning. Cool gun ,lame looking title.

You can get better gun-related titles if you prestige. They look a lot better than the starter gun mastery ones.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If anyone was wondering, if you are walking around the map and you come up behind smeone holding a throwing knife, DO NOT stab him in the back, lest his knife falls from his hand and hits you in the face killing you the second you were stabbed.

Happened to a guy that stabbed my on quarry yesterday, and that is the only way I can fathom that I killed him. I think I was holding my throwing knife, and when you die holding it, it falls to the ground at your feet. And I think the guy must have gotten in the way of it's fall cause I didn't do anything else and he died and I got a Payback kill the second I was stabbed.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

I think one of my flashes caused a car to explode and kill a guy on Favela. I'm not sure though. It was weird.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Yes. To the spoiler.
    Wait.
    So Shepherd ordered the Navy to bombard the Gulag? I thought it was just because the Navy was pissed off that their country was invaded.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I think one of my flashes caused a car to explode and kill a guy on Favela. I'm not sure though. It was weird.

Stun grenades still explode, they'll hurt you quite seriously if you're close to one

Robman on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    CyborgZeta wrote: »

Yes. To the spoiler.
    Wait.
    So Shepherd ordered the Navy to bombard the Gulag? I thought it was just because the Navy was pissed off that their country was invaded.

If you've finished the campaign then it makes much more sense.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Big Isy wrote: »

Not really.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Big Isy wrote: »
    CyborgZeta wrote: »

Yes. To the spoiler.
    Wait.

No.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.