Lazax SurvivorLazax Survivor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Map Update:
    2zfo6rk.gif

Order of Play:
    (1) Leadership - Hacan - Rend
    (2) Diplomacy - Yin - Darian
    (3) Assembly - Muatt - Hermenegilde
    (4) Production - Winnu - El Skid (Speaker, Minister of Peace, Strat Plan)
    (5) Trade II - Mentak - Jeddicus and Etoychest
    (6) Warfare II - L1Z1X - Ryadic
    (7) Technology II - Sol - MrBlarney
    (8) Bureaucracy - Jol-Nar - Iron Weasel and Megazver

C-Tap
    Hacan:
    0/4/1
    TAP: 3/4/0
    Leadership:X

Yin:
    2/3/2
    TAP: 5/3/1
    Diplomacy:X

Muaat:
    0/2/1
    TAP: 1/4/1
    Assembly:X

Winnu: (pass)
    1/4/2
    TAP: 2/6/3
    Production:X

Mentak: (pass)
    2/3/0
    TAP: 5/3/1
    Trade:X

L1Z1X: (pass)
    2/4/1
    TAP: 3/2/3
    Warfare:X

Sol:
    0/4/1 -> 0/4/0
    TAP: 5/4/0 -> 2/4/0
    Technology:X

Jol-Nar:
    2/3/2
    TAP: 2/1/0

Iron Weasel-Megazver/Jol-Nar is active.

Lazax Survivor on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    lol he's sooo killing me :P

I could definitely say the same of you. :O

I just noticed that Darian's recap post forgot to include Muaat's production of extra fighters from their War Sun. Perhaps that should be mentioned, for record-keeping purposes.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I just noticed that Darian's recap post forgot to include Muaat's production of extra fighters from their War Sun. Perhaps that should be mentioned, for record-keeping purposes.

And so it is written.

Lazax Survivor on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Spend one Counter from Command Pool to activate Jol-Nar.

Spend 1 Trade Good + Sarween Tools to produce 2 Fighters and 2 GFs on Nar.

2S/3F/1C
    TAP: 1/1/0

I'm kind of sad I didn't get to make this move while we were still in the Hannukah forum; I was going to talk about drawing a token from the Ten Commandments Pool and spending shekels and stuff :(

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    There's no reason you can't. :)

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JeddicusJeddicus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Spend 2 Trade Goods to produce 2 Fighters and 2 GFs on Nar.

2S/3F/1C
    TAP: 0/1/0

I'm kind of sad I didn't get to make this move while we were still in the Hannukah forum; I was going to talk about drawing a token from the Ten Commandments Pool and spending shekels and stuff :(

Hey Jol-Nar, dont forget your Sarween Tools. Please remember this act of kindness in the rounds to come!

-Mentak Foreign Minister

Jeddicus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Jeddicus wrote: »

Spend 2 Trade Goods to produce 2 Fighters and 2 GFs on Nar.

2S/3F/1C
    TAP: 0/1/0

Hey Jol-Nar, dont forget your Sarween Tools. Please remember this act of kindness in the rounds to come!

-Mentak Foreign Minister
    Oh hey, thanks!

Order adjusted in original post.

Spend 1 Trade Good + Sarween Tools to produce 2 Fighters and 2 GFs on Nar.
    Corrected C-TAP:
    2S/3F/1C
    TAP: 1/1/0

Send a nice Chrismukah card to the Mentak.

Rend/Hacan is up!

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pass

Rend on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    On to Darian/Yin!

El Skid on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Activate Bereg system
    Move Dreadnought and Cruiser from Darien to Bereg
    Exhaust Capha (3) and spend a trade good to build a Space Dock on Bereg

Yin:
    2/3/1
    TAP: 4/3/1

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Muatt!

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Activate Quann
    Move ESS Flames of Destiny, along with its 3 attendant flamelings and 2 ground flamers

Invade Quann if possible.

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oooo... battle!

That's a very...bold move, Mr. Muatt. :o

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    War Sun + 3 fighters vs. Carrier+2, Destroyer, Cruiser?

Bold isn't the word I'd use. If he's lucky, Blarney will take 2 fighters with him instead of 1.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Rend wrote: »
    War Sun + 3 fighters vs. Carrier+2, Destroyer, Cruiser?

Bold isn't the word I'd use. If he's lucky, Blarney will take 2 fighters with him instead of 1.

I was more thinking about ending up adjacent to the two Sol fleets, regardless of how many fighters live.

Edit: NOW I see why he wanted leadership next round...gotcha.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah and no more strategy counters to pop fighters

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That's somewhat true, but I wouldn't pin it on blarney to move immediately. He would probably win the fight, yes, but his losses would be severe, to say the least. He's already losing 7 resources to Herm's 12, if he takes basically anything else with him (which he would, almost guaranteed 3 hits, which with his fleet amounts to no less than 4 resources) and he'll break even at best. A little unluck on his part and he even stands a decent chance of losing the battle, and if not, well, goodbye to an additional 6-11 resources.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    He can afford it. I can't. :P

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I would rather not take it, though. El Skid, I would love it if you could invoke your powers as Minister of Peace to avoid this conflict. I'm sure we can write up some terms of agreement for the use of your abilities to my benefit (I'm thinking something along the lines of an Assembly vote and three Trade Goods for starters). You will also deny Muaat a victory point that he will almost certainly gain from winning this battle. It's definitely worth thinking about...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Gentlemen, gentlemen, however this horrible conflict resolves, I just want everyone to remember.

The Sicily and the Moscow are still up for bid.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Playing mercenary-type political people is hard!

Your offer of 3 trade goods and an assembly vote intrigues us, allies from Sol.

If the Muatt (or anyone else, if there are strong anti-Sol sentiments out there) are not willing to make a counteroffer, we would be almost obliged to accept your proposal and invoke the Minister of Peace power.

Anyone with a counter-offer, speak now or forever hold your peace.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    See this is why I'm screwed. My trade agreements only net me 1 TG. Sol has taken 10 production worth of my planets, has more tech, more vps, has better trade agreements gets better results on his dice and you are still willing to help him. Next turn, he'll just take more of my planets all the while telling you all how dangerous I am...

I can offer you 1 TG and 1 assembly vote and in exchange you do nothing, allowing you to sell (or not-sell) your minister of peace thing during another turn. You get pure profit from this :P.

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Heading back to my hometown until after christmas. Updates will be slow during this time, but still forthcoming.

I'll update this battle when I get home before I head out for dinner/drinks tonight. Sorry for the delay :P

Lazax Survivor on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Don't resolve anything until we get a decision from Winnu, though!

Muaat may try to sway you through emotion, but you have to focus on the concrete components of the offers to make an appropriate decision. I can offer you more influence and goods than he. And since you can only use the ability on others, you have to consider the likelihood that there will be another scenario like this where you will get offers like mine. Doesn't seem like you'll get a better deal than with myself or Muaat, and I've got more to give at this point.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yes certainly. El Skid to make a decision while I drive home :P

(Thanks for reminding me every time, I have a hard time remembering about it)

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I will offer an argument of reason as to why you should not help MrBlarney:

As the leader in VPs by a large margin, he is in the strongest position to win, especially if the Imperium Rex VP comes up. He holds 2 homesystems and a crapload of good resource planets, backed up by a really big fleet. You, the Winnu, would be well served to have Muatt take him down a bit; even if Muatt gets a VP, they are still at the bottom of the race and are in a tenuous position. If the two of them fight it out, they weaken each other, giving you more room to help yourself. Don't help the tyrant become stronger! Save your ability for a later round, when it could stop the leader in points from claiming victory!

Jeddicus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I will offer an argument of reason as to why you should not help MrBlarney:

As the leader in VPs by a large margin, he is in the strongest position to win, especially if the Imperium Rex VP comes up. He holds 2 homesystems and a crapload of good resource planets, backed up by a really big fleet. You, the Winnu, would be well served to have Muatt take him down a bit; even if Muatt gets a VP, they are still at the bottom of the race and are in a tenuous position. If the two of them fight it out, they weaken each other, giving you more room to help yourself. Don't help the tyrant become stronger! Save your ability for a later round, when it could stop the leader in points from claiming victory!

Reason is all very well, but the humans are offering cash

If you believe that using the power is such a good idea, perhaps you would care to help the Muatt sway me? If I were given 2 TGs (by whomever) to NOT use my power in addition to the Muatt's vote for a round, I would certainly not use my power unless Sol were willing to sweeten the deal on his side.

Although I know how distasteful bidding wars are, so we can just let Sol buy me out if you prefer...

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ah, well, I am not going to offer any bribes to help Muatt- it was they who got me into this position after all. I will be lucky if I survive in this game until the end, too- my chances of winning are pretty dismal, although dont get me wrong- I am still having a good time. I just wanted to chime in so that you are not blinded by Sol's offer of goods without looking at the big picture; it is your huge, expansionist, juggernaught neighbor that you will be aiding here, and if you deny Muatt this outlet for their righteous rage, what will they do instead? Perhaps go through the Sun Gate to Arinam-Meer where there are three weak little ships sitting there, just waiting to become a VP? I am just saying...! :)

Jeddicus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I am not offering to buy the use of the Minister of Peace, merely to delay it. Surely 1 TG now and a vote, with the definite possibility of more later is just as good as 3 TGs and a vote now and none later.

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I can chip in one trade good to you on the Muaat's behalf; Sol has been growing far too powerful of late.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Sold. 1 TG from Muatt and 1 TG from Yin, and a promise to have the Muatt's votes once in future (obviously only if it does not hose them) in order to not use my Minister of Peace.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    1 TG to Winnu from Yin

Yin:
    2/3/1
    TAP: 3/3/1

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    How many TGs do I have now? I have none on the map but 2 in my TAP- did I get 2 phantom TGs from Haccan when they tried to use their racial and failed?

[strike]If I have 3 now, feel free to give me the TG next turn, Muatt. I'm confident you're good for it (plus I don't get it stolen by the pirates)[/strike]

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Mmm, I can take them if you have at least 3; you are safe with 2, though.

Jeddicus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I thought it was more than 3. Very well, then... I guess it's irrelevant. Either I now have 1 and will get a second from the Muatt, or I have 3 and will get a 4th from the Muatt.

If OS could clarify that for me, it'd still be great. :)

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Give 1 TG to Winnu

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    El Skid wrote: »
    How many TGs do I have now? I have none on the map but 2 in my TAP- did I get 2 phantom TGs from Haccan when they tried to use their racial and failed?

[strike]If I have 3 now, feel free to give me the TG next turn, Muatt. I'm confident you're good for it (plus I don't get it stolen by the pirates)[/strike]

Their racial didn't fail; it was ret-conned to use a command counter this turn, only.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    El Skid wrote: »

I thought it was more than 3. Very well, then... I guess it's irrelevant. Either I now have 1 and will get a second from the Muatt, or I have 3 and will get a 4th from the Muatt.

If OS could clarify that for me, it'd still be great. :)

To tide you over before he gets home- here is the Mentak Racial ability: -During the Strategy Phase, you may take one Trade Good token from up to two different players. Each such target player must have at least 3 Trade Goods on their race sheet.

Jeddicus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hm hmm, interesting things have happened while I was away on campus. So Yin and Muaat have transferred goods to El Skid as incentive to not interfere. My offer is still on the table, of course, should you decide to use the power of the Minister of Peace. Otherwise we will see how much resistance my military can attempt to put up against the power of a Muatt War Sun.

EDIT: Also, Darian, shouldn't you be at 4 Trade Goods now?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    He bold cyaned the decision not to block the attack, so I think that moment has passed. However, you could declare a [strike]death star trench[/strike] sabotage run against the Muaat War Sun, if you so desire. Assuming neither of you are doing action cards or other pre-combat effects, of course.

Darian on