Options

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Let's gift!
    photodm.jpg
    I have received a package from an unknown person! Could it be...? Better get a cat in the shot.
    Incidentally Santa a week ago I was totally in your city for work! Did we run into each other??? Who knows.
    photo2wo.jpg
    ...Ok another package! Cat I don't need your help anymore thank you.
    photo3hx.jpg
    Oh goodness, thanks you Santa!
    From my amazon wishlist or inferred via my list of owned games? Rorus Raz, reveal the secret!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    and both my posts seem to be totally inappropriate :-(. Worst timing.
    That's awful for you Ice D:

Noooo ooooo oooooo I'm sorry! Your gift is awesome, I do not wish to take away from the cheer in the thread!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, these gifts are AWESOME. I am getting some excellent ideas for next year that I need to somehow write down where I'll see it next year.

Also, santa, we had around 18 inches of snow fall this weekend, so if my package was scheduled to arrive soon, it may be delayed as I'm sure the post office didn't do a thing on Saturday, and since around here we aren't prepared for snow, they may not get much delivered Monday either.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    Your 360 list was too vague for me to make a real good guess, and all I had left was your presence in the Pokemon thread. So I got the best, most recent DS game I could think of.

I planned to include an invoice as if you bought a train ticket to Hyrule, but my printer died. Bah, next year will be better.

Enjoy the game!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Whyyyy hasn't my santee posted about receiving his present D: He should have it by now...

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Your 360 list was too vague for me to make a real good guess, and all I had left was your presence in the Pokemon thread. So I got the best, most recent DS game I could think of.

I planned to include an invoice as if you bought a train ticket to Hyrule, but my printer died. Bah, next year will be better.

Enjoy the game!

<3

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Post man come oooon

Also, I hope my santee has received his D:

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Post man come oooon

Mail doesn't come on Sunday, does it?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    OK, can I just say that,
    I know my xbox RRODing isnt the same as Spaniards situation, not even close.
    All I was saying is that I got a little, tiny taste of what it must feel like.

I'm sorry if it seemed like I thought it was the same thing.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    OK, can I just say that,

Hey now don't sell yourself short.
    It was an xbox 360

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I arrive at my mom's house to start unpacking everything. They've got me all set up on the table and such. I didn't get a picture of it cause it's got my real name on it, but someone's added "The Wrench" to my name and my parents are amused by this.

I didn't think to ask for someone to get the camera until I'd started opening it, and all of the in-process pictures of me are really unflattering, so I'll just post pictures of the stuff inside.
    First up was a card with an envelope that said "Open me!" so I did.

ss_01.jpg

Again, I didn't get pictures, but they were all wrapped in wrapping paper very nicely. A good presentation.

The first package I opened contained lots and lots of candy! Sweet! One of the kinder eggs busted open a little in transit, but it's still tasty.

ss_02.jpg

Up next is some kind of book-shaped package. Oh, it's a book!

ss_03.jpg

Sweet! I always wanted to read this, but never got around to it, and I love zombies. A good choice.

Another rectangular package is up next. Another book, perhaps?

ss_04.jpg

Nope! Master of Orion 3. Never played it, but I keep hearing people gush about it on here, so I guess I'll have to give it a shot. Appears to be sealed? Nice.

Another box-shaped box is up. Another game maybe?

ss_07.jpg

It is, but not the kind I was thinking of. I wonder how this plays? It looks kind of interesting.

Now, on the declarations form on the front, I had seen that this contains clay sculptures, and there's only one box left, so this must be it. I wonder what's in there? It's packed pretty tight with noodly packing material, but eventually I pull out...

ss_05.jpg

Moustachio the Pistachio! Wow! He looks great, though shipping has taken a toll on his arms.

There's something else in there, so I dig a little deeper...

ss_06.jpg

A hand-sculpted power armor bust? Holy crap! That's amazing!

Wow! What a haul. I've already dug into some of the candy and it is pretty fantastic. I just realized I didn't get a shot of the inside of the card, but rest assured that it is sufficiently phallic for PA.

All in all it's a great Christmas! Thanks a ton, Figgy!

Shiiiit. I was hoping it would make it intact, but I think we've learned well this year that anything with arms is going to get damaged in transit. Some super glue should fix that right up, as long as nothing was actually crunched in transit.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Post man come oooon

mine was delivered on a sunday

(canada post if it makes a difference)

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    So I arrive at my mom's house to start unpacking everything. They've got me all set up on the table and such. I didn't get a picture of it cause it's got my real name on it, but someone's added "The Wrench" to my name and my parents are amused by this.

I didn't think to ask for someone to get the camera until I'd started opening it, and all of the in-process pictures of me are really unflattering, so I'll just post pictures of the stuff inside.

ss_01.jpg

Again, I didn't get pictures, but they were all wrapped in wrapping paper very nicely. A good presentation.

The first package I opened contained lots and lots of candy! Sweet! One of the kinder eggs busted open a little in transit, but it's still tasty.

ss_02.jpg

ss_03.jpg

Sweet! I always wanted to read this, but never got around to it, and I love zombies. A good choice.

ss_04.jpg

Nope! Master of Orion 3. Never played it, but I keep hearing people gush about it on here, so I guess I'll have to give it a shot. Appears to be sealed? Nice.

ss_07.jpg

It is, but not the kind I was thinking of. I wonder how this plays? It looks kind of interesting.

Now, on the declarations form on the front, I had seen that this contains clay sculptures, and there's only one box left, so this must be it. I wonder what's in there? It's packed pretty tight with noodly packing material, but eventually I pull out...

ss_05.jpg

Moustachio the Pistachio! Wow! He looks great, though shipping has taken a toll on his arms.

ss_06.jpg

Wow! What a haul. I've already dug into some of the candy and it is pretty fantastic. I just realized I didn't get a shot of the inside of the card, but rest assured that it is sufficiently phallic for PA.

Shiiiit. I was hoping it would make it intact, but I think we've learned well this year that anything with arms is going to get damaged in transit. Some super glue should fix that right up, as long as nothing was actually crunched in transit.

It's all right. They didn't actually fall off 'cause I think there's some kind of wire skeleton? It just kind of looks like his pits ripped open. Which is actually really weird to think about happening to someone.

freakish light on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    SoaL wrote: »
    Post man come oooon

It's Monday in Candy Land.
    Australia

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    SoaL wrote: »
    Post man come oooon

It's Monday in Candy Land.
    Australia

Chocolate kangaroos. Lemony wallabies. Sour *insert another Australian animal*.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, I got some bad news this morning, my xbox, has passed away. The cause of death is thought to be the dreaded ring of death, and foul play is not suspected.

Spaniard, I'm getting a small taste of how you must feel, to all of you who have your xbox, wiii ands playstations to hold this holiday season, hold them tightly. :cry:

Sorry your Xbox red-ringed, but unless it detonated when it did taking out your saves, other systems, and games, I'd say it's just a liiiiitle different. :P

Seriously, I didn't want to be a dick, but I can't believe someone compared their Xbox Redringing to what happened to you.

Down boy, I don't think he meant anything by it.

Also fuck I think the buglers might have damaged my computer when they dropped it, because it just randomly shut off for no good reason when I was playing Torchlight.

You know it turns you on when I get all overprotective of you.
    Mrow.. *licks his finger and rubs his nipple with it* :winky:
    Louie wrote: »
    Also fuck I think the buglers might have damaged my computer when they dropped it, because it just randomly shut off for no good reason when I was playing Torchlight.

I'm sure I saw these guys on Americas most wanted
    apr2007buglers.JPG
    Damn spell check fucked up.
    my wonderful boyfriend wouldn't take no for an answer and has offered me his new PS3 that he got a week ago as a Christmas present.

Icemopper is your boyfriend?
    I'll let him announce it..
    OK, can I just say that,

We were just teasing you.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Figgy wrote: »

ss_01.jpg

ss_02.jpg

ss_03.jpg

ss_04.jpg

ss_07.jpg

ss_05.jpg

ss_06.jpg

It's all right. They didn't actually fall off 'cause I think there's some kind of wire skeleton? It just kind of looks like his pits ripped open. Which is actually really weird to think about happening to someone.

Yeah, they won't ever actually fall off. The arms are wire inside, as is the rest of the sculpture. I guess the postal service is stronger than moustachio.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    DuoRCNDuoRCN Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Dear Santa,
    I waited to open my presents until I had my santees packages away. So my reward for a couple weeks of procrastination and failed stalking were as follows

A giant Tome of Trivia knowledge, to better assist my attempts to play 1v100 on my nights off:
    GTSS01-TomeOfTrivia.JPG?attredirects=0

1600 Microsoft Moonbucks for being awesome at trivia:
    GTSS02-MSFunbux.JPG

John Dies At The End, which shall be devoured shortly:
    GTSS03-JohnDiesAtTheEnd.JPG

Additionally, I received a pair of ingame pets for WoW, which I was going to purchase for my fiance (she has like 80 pets in game, no joke). So I gave them to her. She thanks you, Dear Santa.
    lilkt.jpgpandaren.jpg

The Spread:
    GTSS04-thespread.JPG
    But what is that friendly blue face among the loot? And why is his other side black? Someone to my north will better know the answers to these questions soon enough.
    Aforementioned fiance may have been drafted to assemble him.

Wait, no candy? Well...expect candy.

DuoRCN on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    jesus christ icemopper. what a year. im so sorry man. :(

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    DuoRCN wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Dear Santa,
    I waited to open my presents until I had my santees packages away. So my reward for a couple weeks of procrastination and failed stalking were as follows

A giant Tome of Trivia knowledge, to better assist my attempts to play 1v100 on my nights off:
    GTSS01-TomeOfTrivia.JPG?attredirects=0

1600 Microsoft Moonbucks for being awesome at trivia:
    GTSS02-MSFunbux.JPG

John Dies At The End, which shall be devoured shortly:
    GTSS03-JohnDiesAtTheEnd.JPG

Additionally, I received a pair of ingame pets for WoW, which I was going to purchase for my fiance (she has like 80 pets in game, no joke). So I gave them to her. She thanks you, Dear Santa.
    lilkt.jpgpandaren.jpg

The Spread:
    GTSS04-thespread.JPG
    But what is that friendly blue face among the loot? And why is his other side black? Someone to my north will better know the answers to these questions soon enough.
    Aforementioned fiance may have been drafted to assemble him.

Wait, no candy? Well...expect candy.

Negative, sir. Gift reception as follows: Box from Amazon containing Trivia Book and Points; WoW Pets; Amazon box containing John Dies At The End.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I want to point out to my Santa and Doc that I will no longer be able to recieve my gifts until the end of next month (If not longer.) I am currently undergoing TAD to Maine, and my mail will be waiting for me when I return sometime (Hopefully.) in Jan. My gift to my Santee is already sent out, however.

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pixel Blue wrote: »
    I got home today and was informed there was a package waiting for me!

I asked Mr. Kiefer (named for his rescuer, not the guy from 24) if he could help, but he merely sighed. Once again, I rudely forgot he has no hands:
    ss1.jpg

The Christmas cheer is practically exploding from the box, watch out, dog!
    ss2.jpg

Wow, look at all the goodies!
    ss3.jpg

Little goodies first: pins and pads and a sticker and, holy cow, a $25 gift card for Knit Picks, the very bestest needles for knitting around (how did you know??):
    ss4.jpg

And wow, three amazing moleskines, and awesome stickers!
    ss6.jpg

Ok, ok. Calm down. More presents to open, let's go for this red-wrapped tissue ball ... OMG!
    ss7.jpg
    Secret of Mana sages! These are amazingly cool, I showed them to my brother (who played this game with me as a kid) and he knew what they were insantly and is totally jealous.

This one feels like ... a game ...
    ss8.jpg
    Mario game for the DS that I don't have? Hell yeah!

One last parcel. Feels soft and squishy. Like ... hand-crafted goods!
    ss9.jpg
    I have been going like this: :O since I opened them. Its two little deku (ok - korok, really) dudes, Makar the cello-style violin player, and super cute Rown, from Wind Waker! They are *adorable*.

Who could have got such amazing presents? Doc Holliday, of course. King of Christmas. Dude, thank you so much. You're amazing, you ran my favorite Let's Play -- you totally made my week. I am showing everybody these goodies. Thank you!

Yay! So glad you enjoyed it!

So I thought explain some things...
    the I (bicycle wreck) PDX sticker is from a relatively famous sign here in Portland warning bicycles to stay clear of the rails:
    bike%20sign.jpg (PDX is the airport code for Portland)

The I <3 Banao pad and the sticker sets are from Powell's bookstore, the largest independent bookstore in the world. That's where I got the Moleskine books too.

The purple pin is a pin I made (for PAX) representing the Basilisk merit badge from the Lookouts comics. I saw that you liked the Lookouts in one of your posts.

The dinosaur card is from http://qwantz.com - Dinosaur Comics :D

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    my wonderful boyfriend wouldn't take no for an answer and has offered me his new PS3 that he got a week ago as a Christmas present.

4196220457_9eff83bef4.jpg

Just as dashing as the real thing, I'd say!

Get a 'tache! Become your avatar!

Man if only I could grow a stache.

I just grow a pedo-stache. Also known as a hipstache (hipster stache)

Doc Holliday on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    I think it would have been awesome if I had been able to track BlueBlue during his stay in my neck of the woods and give the gift in person. Oh well.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

4196220457_9eff83bef4.jpg

Just as dashing as the real thing, I'd say!

Get a 'tache! Become your avatar!

Man if only I could grow a stache.

I just grow a pedo-stache. Also known as a hipstache (hipster stache)

I could grow one for you, I swear a week of not shaving and I have a full on terrorist beard.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    cyphr wrote: »
    So I've had these on my coffee table for the past week and a half or so, and I've held back on posting because my Santa says there's one more gift on the way (holy crap!!!), but I want to make sure to get these up before the holidays so everyone can see how awesome my Santa was.

First, an important instructional manual.
    ZJuo2.jpg

Next up is a masterpiece of modern cinema which I have been amiss in not watching up until now - Santa wins again!
    wYvaE.jpg

Thirdly, proof that today's kids have it a hell of a lot better than we ever did. It even comes with the Kraken! This is amazing.
    iYxu4.jpg

And finally, a game I've heard incredible things about. I absolutely can't wait to play this.
    CqyNq.jpg

So Santa, these are stupidly awesome, and I can't thank you enough. And I can't believe that there's apparently one more gift on the way! Whoever you may be, you win Christmas.

Ha, I'm glad you like it. And yes, you are indeed right - there is another package coming your way, actually it was supposed to be delivered on the 18th already. The (amazingly useless) Amazon tracking service tells me this:

Arrival Scan - Dec 15, 2009 4:21:00 AM

So, uh, I guess you can expect it coming this week. Be warned though, I made some last minute additions, and the content might be a little more ... odd. :P

edit: Ah, this explains it - what you thought to be your Secret Sodomizer gift really is the second package I sent to you. Well, looks like you have another present to look forward to. Happy Holidays!

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I know I saw it somewhere in this thread. How do you make custom wrapping paper?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

You took my PS3? D:

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I think it would have been awesome if I had been able to track BlueBlue during his stay in my neck of the woods and give the gift in person. Oh well.

I definitely would have been surprised!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Icemopper wrote: »

You took my PS3? D:

Hey, you're not David! >:O

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

You took my PS3? D:

Ooooooo....

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    X Pr3dat0R XX Pr3dat0R X Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TeeMan wrote: »

You took my PS3? D:

Ooooooo....

Christmas Drama!

By the way, we're still Secret Moses...Santa will be less than pleased. All the Jews will be in secluded areas while they shed their skin after the glorious sea-based Hanukkah orgy so we won't have to worry about them.

...What do you mean that's not how it happens?

X Pr3dat0R X on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I expect to see my Santee post his gifts some time today.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I was worried about my santa sending stuff to my home address (not that stuff has ever been stolen, and our post guy just puts things on our porch chairs which are highly visible), but now that we got 20.5" of snow and I have to walk to work until xmas, I'm happy that I don't have to carry anything home. Especially if my santa decided to send carved granite sculptures or lead aprons.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    Pixel BluePixel Blue Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yay! So glad you enjoyed it!

So I thought explain some things...
    the I (bicycle wreck) PDX sticker is from a relatively famous sign here in Portland warning bicycles to stay clear of the rails:
    bike%20sign.jpg (PDX is the airport code for Portland)

The I <3 Banao pad and the sticker sets are from Powell's bookstore, the largest independent bookstore in the world. That's where I got the Moleskine books too.

The purple pin is a pin I made (for PAX) representing the Basilisk merit badge from the Lookouts comics. I saw that you liked the Lookouts in one of your posts.

The dinosaur card is from http://qwantz.com - Dinosaur Comics :D

I recognized everything but the Banao pad and PDX - I figured the PDX thing via google, but now I know the Banao thing too!

You must tell me who made the super cute Korok plush dudes, though. I have one here at my office right now, creepily peering from behind my monitor.

My extremely late self mailed my Santee's package today. I sent it omg-fast, so hopefully it gets there tomorrow or the next day. Yippee!

Pixel Blue on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Doc Holliday on
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Just finished my last exam of the term, came home to stuff my belly full of McDonalds and other comfort food when I hear a knock at my door. Turns out to be a box of joy and goodies! Just in time for me to actually be able to enjoy them rather than be stressing about papers and exams!
    Oreo volunteered to check it out for me:
    IMG_0182.jpg

Upon opening I found:
    IMG_0184.jpg
    An awesome Zombie comic

IMG_0186.jpg
    Earth Defence Force 2017, which I had considered picking up a long time ago and forgot all about, but I was playing a bit of coop with my brother just now and holy crap is it awesome!

IMG_0187.jpg
    And the Geeks' Guide to World Domination, which should come in handy since I've been meaning to take over the world for a while now.

IMG_0188.jpg
    And the whole haul together!

Unfortunately there was no hints about who it might be from, other than your name and address. So thank you David from Seattle... whoever you are!

Wezoin on
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well, I'm terribly sorry that it took so long, but here are the gifts that I received:

gifts.jpg

Necklace is rather neat, but I haven't been able to listen the CD yet. Thank you santa. :)

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pixel Blue wrote: »

One last parcel. Feels soft and squishy. Like ... hand-crafted goods!
    ss9.jpg
    I have been going like this: :O since I opened them. Its two little deku (ok - korok, really) dudes, Makar the cello-style violin player, and super cute Rown, from Wind Waker! They are *adorable*.

Who could have got such amazing presents? Doc Holliday, of course. King of Christmas. Dude, thank you so much. You're amazing, you ran my favorite Let's Play -- you totally made my week. I am showing everybody these goodies. Thank you!

awesome

My favourite thing of SS this year. They are just too cute!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Explosions in the Sky make beautiful sounds.

LewieP on