Options

[WoW] Fail of the Lich King: [Chat] 3.3

• Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wow, Horde are camping their leaders super heavy. Impossible to do BB King right now.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got in to all of the leaders without incident. Of course I can stealth, so that makes things really easy.

Opty on
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have stealth as well. There are about 50 horde in Thrall's room chain AoEing the hallways.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dranyth wrote: »
    This character pulled a solid 600 DPS or so through the run.

I ran into a lot of people around this, and I'd been having such a hard time figuring out why, because...

(Spoilered for gnomish buttcheeks)
    nakeddps.jpg

1007 dps bare ass naked, on the heroic dummy with no hit talents in the class's most gear dependent spec, and to make matters worse it was a patch day and my entire UI was broken. It's not clean or good looking on the best of days, but this mess is not what I usually raid with. The random shaman who showed up likely added a bit, but that barely brought my crit rate into double digits, so I didn't bother trying again for a clean parse.

Anyway, rant and naked gnomes aside, get Rankwatch and you'll understand very quickly why people can be doing 600 dps as level 80. I actually convinced a warlock on my server who was doing 480 dps in a heroic to queue with me and rankwatch lit up like the Vegas strip, guy hadn't trained a single spell since level 60 or earlier.

Hevach on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    :( I went an entire Utgarde Keep run on my 70 warlock(with a mage group member no less) without putting up curse of elements.

Man, it's been too long since I played a warlock.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hevach wrote: »
    Dranyth wrote: »
    This character pulled a solid 600 DPS or so through the run.

I ran into a lot of people around this, and I'd been having such a hard time figuring out why, because...

(Spoilered for gnomish buttcheeks)
    nakeddps.jpg

1007 dps bare ass naked, on the heroic dummy with no hit talents in the class's most gear dependent spec, and to make matters worse it was a patch day and my entire UI was broken. It's not clean or good looking on the best of days, but this mess is not what I usually raid with. The random shaman who showed up likely added a bit, but that barely brought my crit rate into double digits, so I didn't bother trying again for a clean parse.

Anyway, rant and naked gnomes aside, get Rankwatch and you'll understand very quickly why people can be doing 600 dps as level 80. I actually convinced a warlock on my server who was doing 480 dps in a heroic to queue with me and rankwatch lit up like the Vegas strip, guy hadn't trained a single spell since level 60 or earlier.

I know for a fact that the code that updates your buttons sometimes bugs out and doesn't update some of them as you train. My friend and I couldn't figure out why a boomkin, pressing all the right buttons, in decent gear, was pulling 1k. Come to find out he was inadvertently downranking spells left and right. He had been healing heroics, successfully, with downranked heals in his tree spec. It was hilarious when we figured it out.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, I've noticed that when in randoms on my pally, I will very rarely (if ever) get another ret pally in the group (though the healer and tank are a different story).

It's made me wonder whether or not the LFD purposely tries to diversify the group by class as opposed to just taking the first DPS in line. I mean, I remember one time we kicked a warlock out of our group and got another warlock. It seemed like a pretty weird coincidence at the time but thinking back it may have been just a part of the system.

I mean, if the DPS classes were all in existence in equal proportions I might understand it, but given the preponderance of paladins and death knights in most of the servers in our battlegroup, the idea that I would never end up with another ret pally if the dps queue was just a straight line seems unlikely to me.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    this could be very selective memory after reading your post, but I don't think I've seen many if any doubles of class+spec. I have only once been paired with another shaman and he was dps.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So my big plan was to farm primordial saronite on 2 alts running heroics and gearing up at the same time with triumph badges.

Yesterday was complete hell and I do not wish anything like it on people.

Yesterday I log on my last alt to get a heroic, dps so long wait off the bat, and get oculus, tank and healer drop asap. New leader doesnt que back up for a couple minutes so I leave.

Wait for another que, AN pops up and we get to the first boss and 3 people afk.....for at least 15 mins. They were all from the same server and threatened to kick me when I complained that they were afk for longer then it takes to finish the instance. after that I pulled the boss trash on them and left.

Oculus again, same as before.

OCULUS AGAIN....finish it with competent people, getting make it count in the process.

Log in today, get to the same alt again into VH. Smooth till last boss when tank DC's at the very start and we wipe.

polloface on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have worst times with Oculus. People just do not want to run it, they leave the group the instant they finish zoning in. IT TAKES LIKE 12 MINUTES TO FINISH.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Just had like a total of 4 people leave my Oculus random heroic today before we finally got a full group going and did a 5-Amber clear. Then two consecutive failed H HoR runs (both with warrior tanks) before we got a tankadin and cleared that.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i'll usually work through an oculus group just because i want me some badges.

this thiught just occured to me. there are at least 3 instances that the lfg tool hasnt put me in. CoS, UK, and HoL, which are 3 instances i actually like. however, i'vd run Oculus like 8 times since the patch came out.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I have worst times with Oculus. People just do not want to run it, they leave the group the instant they finish zoning in. IT TAKES LIKE 12 MINUTES TO FINISH.

I agree with this one. If you know the right path, you can fly through Occulus faster than any other instance. No pun intended.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    :( I went an entire Utgarde Keep run on my 70 warlock(with a mage group member no less) without putting up curse of elements.

Man, it's been too long since I played a warlock.

I myself really want to, because in the past 2 weeks of heroics (about 50+) I've seen exactly 1 (UNO! ONE! Oh En Eee!) Warlock in all my pugs. ONE.

But I'm waiting for Worgen. :)

KiTA on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

this thiught just occured to me. there are at least 3 instances that the lfg tool hasnt put me in. CoS, UK, and HoL, which are 3 instances i actually like. however, i'vd run Oculus like 8 times since the patch came out.

There's a lot of instances I haven't hit too. WoW Random is Streaky Random.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    End wrote: »

There's a lot of instances I haven't hit too. WoW Random is Streaky Random.

I haven't hit CoS or HoL either.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I hate when people leave oculus. I decided to start trying to insult them before they can leave with the hopes that they'll feel bad for a split second.

it hasn't yet backfired... I mean, I haven't yet had no one leave.

Variable on
  • Options
    Elessar ElfstoneElessar Elfstone Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The funny thing about Oculus is if you have people who know wtf they are doing / aren't retarded, its one of the quickest dungeons to complete.

Elessar Elfstone on
    Tobias: Or it could be your colon. I'd want to get in there and find some answers.

Forsake, Warlock of Stonemaul
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    captaink wrote: »
    I haven't hit CoS or HoL either.
    It's going to trend towards the dungeons people want to leave from specifically because people are leaving them. If someone leaves a dungeon right as it starts then the dungeon finder goes "Oh, here's a group with 4 people at the start of a dungeon, go fill in the hole." They really need to increase the punishment time to like 30m to help curb people leaving, but even with that I can still see people being irrational and leaving even though they'd need to wait more time than it'd take to do the dungeon.

Opty on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Oculus is the one instance I need to complete to get Northrend Dungeon Hero on the mage I have been doing randoms with. I would try to stick around to do it if I could but I haven't been tossed into it yet.

Seg on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Seg wrote: »

Oculus is the one instance I need to complete to get Northrend Dungeon Hero on the mage I have been doing randoms with. I would try to stick around to do it if I could but I haven't been tossed into it yet.

Then go to Specific Dungeons and click up Occulus? That should work, right?

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dac wrote: »
    Seg wrote: »

Then go to Specific Dungeons and click up Occulus? That should work, right?

Wouldn't get my emblems and gold then.

I'll keep using the random tool.

Seg on
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The funny thing about Oculus is if you have people who know wtf they are doing / aren't retarded, its one of the quickest dungeons to complete.

The problem with it is that you can quite easily get people that are too incompetent to complete it in 30 minutes, let alone 10-15 minutes.

I remember the first time I took off my Tanking flag on the new LFG system, just to see how long it'd take for the queue to pop. It was Occulus, in a group of well-geared people, the DPS in particular. Hell, the tank and healer I got were from the same realm and the same guild, so the odds of this going smoothly were pretty high.

And then one of the DPS asks which Drake he should get, because he doesn't know what any of them do. He never did Occulus, even though he had ToC gear. The second DPS quickly chimes in saying that he hasn't run it in a while, so he forgot where to go.

The tank then tells us to follow him and starts clearing the drakes.

As in... Every. Single. Drake. In. The. Instance.

I tell him there's no need to clear it all, just as one of the DPS goes AFK. He in turn tells me he wants to be safe. Then the other DPS gets lost in the instance and dies to something, and asks to be rez'd. The healer goes off to find him and gets himself killed too.

I tell the tank that we can skip a lot of mobs safely. He asks me why I'm in such a rush, and his healer buddy chimes in telling me to leave if I'm bothered.

I'm happy to oblige. I leave, wait the debuff out, then queue as a Tank and blaze through DTK.

On a whim I log off and create a character on their realm. After a quick /who, I find out the tank and healer are still in the instance. D:

aunsoph on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Last night my brother and I got Oculus with some really stupid people
    A warlock who claimed he knew how to ride a bronze drake and a preist who rode a green but did not know they did not heal till the end

It was just bad my brother was gald they did not get the 20 minute achievement because they did not deserve it

Brainleech on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've gotten Oculus in LFD two times so far. Both of them were less than stellar experiences, the second being the better of the two.

In the second one, we had two people drop right away, just as the tank said "don't leave, it'll only take 20 minutes, I PROMISE". I think we wiped on Eregos once.

Yesterday I was queued up for a dungeon and got Oculus. I sat there for a few seconds, then typed a brief sentence wishing the group luck and saying I just wasn't in the mood to do it and left. That's right, I was that guy, but I did kind of feel bad about it. I'm DPS, though, so I'm sure they had no problem finding a replacement.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I will say, I shouldn't actually say I hate people dropping oculus as much as I did. because, doing it with people who don't know it sucks. and to be honest, I don't know it. granted, that's because since I've had opportunity to go it's been hard as hell to find a group, but it is what it is and the why doesn't matter.

I know a couple of folks in my guild want to do it for the achievements so hopefully that works out soon.

Variable on
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Got a gold farmer hunter in a DM East group recently. Rolled need on everything he could, never said a word, pulled several groups at once and wiped us. On the run back, he fell into the free for all PVP pit and couldn't get out (again, not saying a word). After the second need roll on a random green, we tried to kick him, but it wouldn't let us until the dungeon cooldown wore off. Why is that? Would have saved us a lot of trouble.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i tanked oculus the other day on my pally.

i dont know what everyone whines about, it's actually a really easy instance now that it got nerfed. it does seem to go very slowly though.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got a nice spam mail from a level 44 Paladin who was online at the time. Looks like someone should have gotten an authenticator for Christmas!

Joeslop on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I get HoL random a lot of times, but I don't think I've gotten HoS random once so far.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Out of all my heroics, I've gotten HoR more times than I can count, and the other 2 new instances... never. As far as I can tell, it's skewed cause some people are queueing up for H-HoR specifically.

KiTA on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    tehmarken wrote: »
    i tanked oculus the other day on my pally.

i dont know what everyone whines about, it's actually a really easy instance now that it got nerfed. it does seem to go very slowly though.

Dunno about others, but MY problem is the whole "Mount drake. Kill a blue drake. Drop off, AoE pull, mount drake, kill a blue, drop, AoE, mount..."
    And to top off the tedious "Fuck you" that is giving you a dragon and barely letting you use it, you get a NEW ability at the end. That you don't get to use on anyone but the boss.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is HToC even in the rotation? I've never encountered it.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Is HToC even in the rotation? I've never encountered it.

It is, but I believe you're less prone to encounter it since some people may be locked out because of their gear.

Toldo on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I dunno, my random dungeons seem to be pretty varied. The one I see the least is VH, but I've had all of them pop up fairly regularly. Maybe that's because I do so many though. If I start doing heroics I generally do about ten before I call it a night.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I know for a fact that the code that updates your buttons sometimes bugs out and doesn't update some of them as you train. My friend and I couldn't figure out why a boomkin, pressing all the right buttons, in decent gear, was pulling 1k. Come to find out he was inadvertently downranking spells left and right. He had been healing heroics, successfully, with downranked heals in his tree spec. It was hilarious when we figured it out.

There's two things that cause it to bug: Very old macros (you used to need to specify rank) and dual specs (your inactive spec doesn't update).

The warlock I mentioned, though, didn't know you had to train new spells and didn't level his own character.

Hevach on
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is it really that bad to roll need on Books of Glyph Mastery if you can use them? I've been yelled at twice now by people who wanted to sell them. They sell for 20g on my server...

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    adejaan wrote: »
    Is it really that bad to roll need on Books of Glyph Mastery if you can use them? I've been yelled at twice now by people who wanted to sell them. They sell for 20g on my server...

I once Needed that one JC quest item on a H Nexus, and this dude flips out and keeps giving me shit the entire run. Culminating with him, being the healer, convincing the leader to kick me out.

His reasoning: "Doesn't matter that it's your profession, and you're going to use the token to buy your recipes. It sells on the AH, therefore it's Greed."

If you can use it, and will use it, it's Need. Anyone that says otherwise can fuck off.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    aunsoph wrote: »
    adejaan wrote: »

I once Needed that one JC quest item on a H Nexus, and this dude flips out and keeps giving me shit the entire run. Culminating with him, being the healer, convincing the leader to kick me out.

His reasoning: "Doesn't matter that it's your profession, and you're going to use the token to buy your recipes. It sells on the AH, therefore it's Greed."

If you can use it, and will use it, it's Need. Anyone that says otherwise can fuck off.

I agree. If a BOE recipe drops, if you need it, then you need it. I don't see how this is any different from a gear upgrade. Same thing with books, tokens or anything else.

By using the above asshole's logic, even BOE gear upgrades should be rolled as greed, because they can be sold at the AH. Who cares if it's a gear upgrade, right? I would've love to have seen a healing BOE drop, and then forced him to roll greed because "it sells on the AH".

Honestly, some people are just assholes.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hevach wrote: »

There's two things that cause it to bug: Very old macros (you used to need to specify rank) and dual specs (your inactive spec doesn't update).

The warlock I mentioned, though, didn't know you had to train new spells and didn't level his own character.

I just noticed this on my druid when he got some resto spells but they didn't update. Now I know what caused it. He was in his feral spec

initiatefailure on
This discussion has been closed.