Options

Well this fucking sucks

• Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Critical wrote: »
    Can't find shit in my line of work cause apparently people don't fucking shoot each other anymore. I'm starting to hope for a massive natural disaster so someone is forced to hire my ass.

what are you, a pallbearer?

Close. EMT.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Can't find shit in my line of work cause apparently people don't fucking shoot each other anymore. I'm starting to hope for a massive natural disaster so someone is forced to hire my ass.

Close. EMT.

well there is a disaster. guided rockets are hitting the town. the only problem is that they're targeting ambulances. be careful what you wish for

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    start a meth lab, sell the meth, go pick up the meth heads when they shoot/OD

bam

starting your own business and stimulating your local economy

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm more than 6 months out of law school. I just recently passed the bar and got licensed as an attorney. I have 6 figures of student loan debt.

I can't find a job paying more than $15 per hour, let alone any job that's more than tangentially related to the law. Apparently in this "new economy" I'm not even qualified to do doc review.

I've had exactly 1 interview at a law firm since I graduated, despite applying to more firms than I can count.

I sorta feel your pain, buddy. My wife took a job with the attorney with whom she worked during law school, but there was nothing else out there. A friend of ours just got a job at a firm after a year of looking.

Keep your chin up, you'll get there in the end. I don't think any attorney doesn't have personal experience or knows someone who lost a job during the downturn. Stuff is slowly on the mend, I know it sucks but you'll be okay.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure I'll find something eventually.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2009
    god is punishing you for being a lawyer

Knob on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

bam

sell fireworks to rednecks

Faricazy on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »

bam

sell fireworks to rednecks

even better

fireworks stand/liquor store

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    We're on 35 hour work weeks at work (well, we have been for the last year and will be for the foreseeable future).

so fuck you recession!

Xaquin on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

paul-bearer-2.jpg

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Xaquin wrote: »
    We're on 35 hour work weeks at work (well, we have been for the last year and will be for the foreseeable future).

so fuck you recession!

Yeah, Pod 6 is jerks and stealing all the hours.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Don't become a lawyer. Got it

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

paul-bearer-2.jpg

OOoooohhhhh YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSS

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The PPPPPooooowwwweeeerrrrrr of the UUUURRRRNNNNN!

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    friday-wrestling-list-top-10-summerslam-moments-20080815012020506.jpg

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My brother and his lady don't make much money, so they on WIC.

Welp, turns out the great state of Wyoming is tightening it's belt, and one of the programs getting cut is WIC.

HOW HAS THIS POOR ECONOMY FUCKED YOU IN THE ASS, SE++?

My division was around 2.5mil short of the amount that they needed to cut funds by so I got axed.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The Undertaker is, on paper, a very cheesy gimmick that probably should not have lasted 2 years and instead it turned into an awesome character.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I watched the undertaker (Mark Calaway) fight Sting in the WCW and he was already doing all of the tricks that he did as The Undertaker, only he was doing the boots & briefs thing at the time.

Weaver on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    The Undertaker is, on paper, a very cheesy gimmick that probably should not have lasted 2 years and instead it turned into an awesome character.

Hell, it shouldn't have lasted beyond his Survivor Series debut.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm unemployed and nobody is even thunking of hiring.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ive come to the conclusion that the government/media gives 0 shits about anyone that just got out of college and is looking for a job. The only reason i have a job is because i had it before the recession and now i control things that only i can do. But in my grad student graduating class we have... 15/50 people with jobs roughly. Whole job market sucks, california sucks, everyone that was from elsewhere had to move home, some had to move back in with their parents, the two people that found jobs in the past two months found them out of the country... one in south africa. everything sucks right now.

But its ok guys because cnn says its a recovery now.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    WELL ALL Y'ALL RICH COLLEGE BOYS AINT NEED HELP FROM NO BLUE-COLLAR MURRICAN CUZ COLLEGE IS FER RICH FOLKS DOIN LEARNIN'.

edit: seriously though, being poor is nothing new to my family, we are pretty much in our comfort zone.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    gonna go do some learnin' in the olive garden bathroom brb

Faricazy on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] new member
    edited December 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    the recession has resulted in me having to cut back on hookers and blow

for some reason after this i'm going to imagine your posts as spoken by david letterman

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Look the navy needs gold-plated aircraft carriers to PROTECT OUR FREEDOMS AGAINST THE AYRAHBS.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Knob wrote: »

But I haven't even ruined anybody's life through litigation yet.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I know practically nothing of the process, so tell me if this is stupid, but what is stopping you guys from doing some pro-bono freelance work to pick up experience while you're trying to get hired by a firm?

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The radio company I interned with went bankrupt less than a week after I quit.

Which just goes to show that Citadel Broadcasting is nothing without me.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Rush Limbaugh might be dying!

Fabricate on
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    gurusloth on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    We're all dying, Fabricate.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I know practically nothing of the process, so tell me if this is stupid, but what is stopping you guys from doing some pro-bono freelance work to pick up experience while you're trying to get hired by a firm?

We're talking about lawyers, not people.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

1. The market for lawyers is extremely over-saturated, so right now lawyers are even competing with each other to volunteer at non-profits.

2. As far as taking cases by yourself straight out of law school...some people do it, but the idea frankly terrifies me. In law school, you spend 3 years basically learning the law of 16th century England (the "common law"), and learn next to nothing about how law is actually practiced in the modern world. You generally have to find a firm that's willing to take a risk on training you. Not easy in this economy. It would be perfectly legal to take any client who would be willing to hire me, but even if I'm working for free, I'm still subject to a malpractice lawsuit if I fuck up, and I certainly can't afford malpractice insurance.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    2. As far as taking cases by yourself straight out of law school...some people do it, but the idea frankly terrifies me. In law school, you spend 3 years basically learning the law of 16th century England (the "common law"), and learn next to nothing about how law is actually practiced in the modern world. You generally have to find a firm that's willing to take a risk on training you. Not easy in this economy. It would be perfectly legal to take any client who would be willing to hire me, but even if I'm working for free, I'm still subject to a malpractice lawsuit if I fuck up, and I certainly can't afford malpractice insurance.

The higher educational system is completely fucked, and this just further roots it in my mind. Nevermind how much you paid to have this dictated to you for YEARS.

Pro se thanks.

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Wait you spend several years going to law school to learn only a modicum, if that, of practical training in law? No wonder firms are getting fucked right now.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    SpacehogSpacehog Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, I have to fucking work tomorrow.

Goddamn it.

Spacehog on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    why is it welfare and social security that come first on the cutting block before bloated defense spe-

oh

I kinda wish you had a blog or something. Sometimes it's nice to have a daily dose of vitriolic anti-establishment rage. Sorta cleansing.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The economic downturn has not impacted me in any way.

It has, however, impacted my mom, who used to be a store manager for major retail, and is now decorating cakes.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The downturn only got me at my job by cancelling half of last year's bonuses and I didn't get a raise last year. It has killed our household income though since my wife has been out of work since June. She's a special ed teacher - she starts substitute teaching Monday (we hope).

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Knob wrote: »

But I haven't even ruined anybody's life through litigation yet.

Preemptive strike. I'm assuming this is just a warning. Watch your back, bro.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on