Options

[TF2] Arguing

• Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    We should talk about how we pretend that ctf and my sentry plugin don't exist.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Gooma, you said 'hi rak' or something similar in a deliberately provocative manner, I remember that.

Yep, thanks flippy. I'm glad someone was there to witness it.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The only thing that lessened my enjoyment of pyro even slightly was the airblast, strangely enough. Yeah its fun to use, but having an uber completely canceled out by getting bounced around is infuriating.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Gooma, you said 'hi rak' or something similar in a deliberately provocative manner, I remember that.

Yep, thanks flippy. I'm glad someone was there to witness it.
    You charged into a wall instead of me, then I ran around and I didn't even have time to type. I don't know how to move and type at the same time. Then you raged at me pretty hard. Also if you're gonna be all angry at someone saying "hi rak", which I didn't, you might not want to taunt and do the same thing??? Just sayin'

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Goomba wrote: »
    Those are streaks, rak. They don't start counting until it gets to 4.

Also I was watching the demo where I got second place as demoman on harvest even with my quadrupled sensitivity and jeez you sure talk a lot of trash at some guy that hasn't said a word.

rak guy in a - : oh wow goomba you killed me after i was lit on fire and hit by a rocket
    rak guy in a - : you're the greatest

Also flaregun has literally the same travel time and other than that, you're right. It's not like anything the demoman uses because it's not explosive, doesn't add 65% damage immunity, and most importantly it's not overpowered to the point of mind bogglingness.
    God you are so bad.

The flare gun shoots in almost a straight line and is faster than the launcher.

I don't understand how this is so difficult to differentiate.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    How well you do as pyro is 100% based on the skill level of the other team.

Fast-respawn servers make the class fun and easy - spawn, kill 4-8 guys, die, spawn again in 5 seconds, repeat.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The flare gun doesn't actually travel faster than the launcher.

Unless you mean fire rate, but in that case the flare gun doesn't actually fire faster than the launcher.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    DeMoN wrote: »
    The only thing that lessened my enjoyment of pyro even slightly was the airblast, strangely enough. Yeah its fun to use, but having an uber completely canceled out by getting bounced around is infuriating.

The only thing in TF2 better than leafblower-negating an uber is sniping a medic in the head a split second before they were going to pop their uber.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You charged into a wall instead of me, then I ran around and I didn't even have time to type. I don't know how to move and type at the same time. Then you raged at me pretty hard. Also if you're gonna be all angry at someone saying "hi rak", which I didn't, you might not want to taunt and do the same thing??? Just sayin'
    LOL now you're pretending like you didn't say it?

I literally killed you 3-4x while taunting and never said a word.

Then you killed me while I had something like 20 health and burning. Right after you said, "Hi rak."

I'm pretty sure the first thing I said to you was in retaliation of your smug "hi rak."

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well I have the demo right here. Riiiiiiight here.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    IT'S A GAME

STOP BEING PISSY LITTLE BABIES

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nobody watches demos ever

I'm watching the demo.

I'm only six minutes in, but for all the shit talking Goomba does about how easy it is to aim with flares/pipes he sure as hell doesn't get many direct pipes. Hell, when BLU was pushing C he missed a spun-up heavy on the top ledge with all of his pipes (he got some splash for like...34 damage once), again while the heavy was at the exit of the left stairs, and managed to get three kills when he finally hit the heavy while they were further down in the stairs.

I guess he managed to get that one sniper that was running right at him with the kukri...hopefully the rest of the demo isn't as bad or I'm going to be even more disappointed in him.
    Talith wrote: »
    Engineer should get a melee package. A warsuit fueled by metal and the weapons of the fallen.
    Nah, he quickly dons the warsuit when one of his buildings are destroyed for a limited time based on the number and level of buildings that were wrecked.
    The warsuit should also give him a minor speed buff and lets him see any disguised spies that recently destroyed one of his buildings with a sapper.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    Nobody watches demos ever

I'm watching the demo.

I'm only six minutes in, but for all the shit talking Goomba does about how easy it is to aim with flares/pipes he sure as hell doesn't get many direct pipes. Hell, when BLU was pushing C he missed a spun-up heavy on the top ledge with all of his pipes (he got some splash for like...34 damage once), again while the heavy was at the exit of the left stairs, and managed to get three kills when he finally hit the heavy while they were further down in the stairs.

I guess he managed to get that one sniper that was running right at him with the kukri...hopefully the rest of the demo isn't as bad or I'm going to be even more disappointed in him.
    I had to get warmed up, you'll see. :j

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm watching the demo.

Nah, he quickly dons the warsuit when one of his buildings are destroyed for a limited time based on the number and level of buildings that were wrecked.
    The warsuit should also give him a minor speed buff and lets him see any disguised spies that recently destroyed one of his buildings with a sapper.
    LAWL what did I say?

SPAMSPAMSPAMSAPMSPAMSPAM

I am done.

Zen is baby.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You're all doing a good job pretending.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Quaz let's play some tufts

No

Nevermind

You're idling

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    LAWL what did I say?

SPAMSPAMSPAMSAPMSPAMSPAM
    It's not spam, I am shooting around a corner to get indirect fire hits. You said that it was a pretty good tactic, right?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm at work.

Pretending to work.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    FroggyPFroggyP Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I remember when Rak used to play only spy. I think zen was a main spy user also. I haven't played with them forever.D:

Man I would love it if bonk! gave health. Pistol is so incredibly useful, it should have an equally useful replacement.

FroggyP on
    PSN: AnalogSoul
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I say hi provocatively all the time.

Goomba is just not a likable person.
    S'what I get for helping test your sentry plugin.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Have any of you ever considered not talking about being angry at Goomba before?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    FroggyP wrote: »
    I remember when Rak used to play only spy. I think zen was a main spy user also. I haven't played with them forever.D:

Man I would love it if bonk! gave health. Pistol is so incredibly useful, it should have an equally useful replacement.

I still main spy. I still bitch and moan all the time. I haven't changed that much.

Pancake, I have!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't think Rak ever played spy exclusively.

I think he only talked about going to do it.

Also I like Goomba, he helped me test my sentry plugin.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I had a good time being Medic last night on that payload map with the frenetic Engies desperately trying to hold the line. Shoulda taken a whole demo of that run, I didn't die for 15+ minutes but came close so many times. It wasn't a steamroll defense either, people on our side kept dropping like flies but those teleporters held up well.

Next time I'll mic it up.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    War BastardWar Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anyone find the gunboats really, I dunno, not as great as they thought they would be?

I mean, taking your shotgun slot is a huge lose for equipping something that is supposed to help you rocket jump to places to kill enemies.

Shoot one rocket to jump and you only got THREE fucking shots to kill some people or you better get the hell out of dodge to reload.

Really I don't find the trade off worthwhile when I can't fall back on the shotgun to kill someone quickly.

War Bastard on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was a stick.
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nope, I remember Rak playing nothing by spy for a good few months. I feared his stab.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    FroggyPFroggyP Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I think he only talked about going to do it.

Also I like Goomba, he helped me test my sentry plugin.

He started off on the PA servers saying "I wanna learn how to spy!". He started off sucking but started getting really good really fast! I think sirToons was a lot friendlier back then also. I think he was like one of the first on my friends list.

FroggyP on
    PSN: AnalogSoul
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    We should bring back Roland's nostalgia thread.

I was and always have been obsessed with scripting and modding in TF2.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I guess now that the holidays are over we should see a patch soon? I sure hope so at least.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What kind of... patch?

Certainly not a class update, it's been less than a month since their last one.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Yessssss these were the days.

Quick history fact: Did you guys know Enders' main used to be spy?

It would literally be Zen, myself and Enders rolling with each other just backstabbing the whole enemy team.

That shit used to be so much fun.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Well, I just resumed watching and got to the part where you've trying to destroy that teleporter between B and C with pipes and then resorted to bottling it. It seems to have gotten better after that.

That sentry that you're spamming at E at about 10:04 can also be gotten from below (the lower part from C), but that's mainly when you're on offense. FAKE EDIT: I see a sentry in the same spot at around 21:00.

15:30 - Good save on E. And you're actually hitting things now!
    Anyone find the gunboats really, I dunno, not as great as they thought they would be?

I never play soldier except when I want to spam rockets from the roof of the koth_harvest point. The gunboats are useful for this. I consider it a counter to all the pyros that constantly rush into the point since you can rain death upon all of them with relative safety.

I also don't have the hang of rocket jumping for distance. I can use it to jump up to places easily, but I can't come close to covering ground like I can with the sticky launcher. I've also been trying to play at a lower sensitivity/DPI, but whenever I play soldier I always get the urge to use a higher DPI for vertical movement since at around 2400 it's not convenient to just use my fingertips when rocket jumping.

He started off on the PA servers saying "I wanna learn how to spy!". He started off sucking but started getting really good really fast!

I am the embodient of a failspy and really don't think there's a way for me to be anything other than fail. Which is sad because I have some dapper spy hats :lol:

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    He started off on the PA servers saying "I wanna learn how to spy!". He started off sucking but started getting really good really fast! I think sirToons was a lot friendlier back then also. I think he was like one of the first on my friends list.
    yesss froggy hahah oh man such a long time ago :) I remember JUST playing spy for the longest time.

I used to be a much kinder person as well.. :( I need to stop being a huge doucher.

Froggy and I used to play soooo much, what ever happened brah?

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    We were all better people back then.

War is hell gentlemen.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Well, I just resumed watching and got to the part where you've trying to destroy that teleporter between B and C with pipes and then resorted to bottling it. It seems to have gotten better after that.
    I remember that. I still don't know how I was missing it since normally it would hit. At least missing it got me three or so kills, though.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    I had a good time being Medic last night on that payload map with the frenetic Engies desperately trying to hold the line. Shoulda taken a whole demo of that run, I didn't die for 15+ minutes but came close so many times. It wasn't a steamroll defense either, people on our side kept dropping like flies but those teleporters held up well.

Next time I'll mic it up.

I remember this game. It wasn't a complete roll, but it wasn't very close at all. We only took the third point in overtime and we never made it past the choke point before the last point. Our team couldn't push out of the corner without an uber, our medic with uber was having trouble staying up, and when we would get a push our team was usually down so we wouldn't have any backup. It was a frustrating as fuck match but I did wipe three or four sentry nests at once on the third point. That was the game when enders was sniping from your battlements the whole time. You had a hell of a game though, you ended with like 120 or so points while everyone else was like 30 or 40 points behind.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    So the last few days I've been obsessed with getting Clearcutter (the 6 axe kills in a life pyro achievement). It is not going well. I don't want to do anything lame like do it on an achievement map though, or have people let me kill them. So given those conditions, what practical advice can anyone give about being an axe murderer?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What kind of... patch?

Certainly not a class update, it's been less than a month since their last one.

You know, the kind of patch they always release after a class update: nerfs and bug fixes.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So the last few days I've been obsessed with getting Clearcutter (the 6 axe kills in a life pyro achievement). It is not going well. I don't want to do anything lame like do it on an achievement map though, or have people let me kill them. So given those conditions, what practical advice can anyone give about being a ninja axe murderer?

Well there you go.

e: No in all seriousness...have you ever played an FPS in a free-for-all gametype? Where the best way to win is to scavenge kills from other people? If you're going for 6 axe without dying, approach it like that. Let your team whittle away at someone's health, and then when that enemy's taken fire jump on down and axe some questions.

T4CT on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    So I should train by watching silly american ninja action movies?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif