• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    Larlar wrote: »
    A duck! wrote: »
    Bogey wrote: »
    okay so what is the deal with beavotron and pedophilia now
    I know, right?
    It was pretty shocking when she posted it, but just a little hot at the same time. Where were these moderators when I was a kid?

why is a quote tree growing over the worse reply

come on, I didn't create a smooth baby cock closet for nothing here
    LARLAR, I AM GIVING YOU ATTENTION!

(There, is that better?)

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    BusterK wrote: »
    Man, pedophilia was quite a big deal when I was a kid
    It seemed like it was all over the news, classrooms, very special episodes of crappy sitcoms
    It was the reason I was scared to go to camp
    Was it also the reason you became a teacher?

Sexy kids!

Bogey on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    mmm, sexy children all reading books

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2010
    okay so what is the deal with beavotron and pedophilia now
    I know, right?
    It was pretty shocking when she posted it, but just a little hot at the same time. Where were these moderators when I was a kid?

why is a quote tree growing over the worse reply

come on, I didn't create a smooth baby cock closet for nothing here
    LARLAR, I AM GIVING YOU ATTENTION!

(There, is that better?)

no, now it seems forced

I'll never be happy, bogey, not while we're apart

Larlar on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I don't want to talk to you no more, you silly goosed silly goose silly gooser. I silly goose in your general direction. Your mother was a silly goose and your father smelt of silly goose.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, I should take that to the guess the quote thread.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Pedophilia is the reason why myself and everyone in my grade 1 class used to call out white vans driving down the street.

Funny for four year olds to be having fearful discussions about someone trying to shove their cock in your ass.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Stigma wrote: »
    Pedophilia is the reason why myself and everyone in my grade 1 class used to call out white vans driving down the street.

The last time I got close up to an unmarked white van, a trashy white guy came out of the back and tried to sell me speakers. Yes, actually speakers.

I should have asked him "why speakers?" but was way too overwhelmed by the surrealism.

Larlar on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    One time when I was walking through an alley a guy hidden in shadows asked me if I wanted to buy a bike
    I was 22 at the time but it still kind of freaked me out

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    when I was a freshman in college two guys zoomed up in a pickup truck and tried to sell me speakers that they said had come on accident for a movie theater

so they just wanted to sell them instead of sending them back

they even had a brochure

I was like, what am I going to do with stolen movie theater speakers?

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

The last time I got close up to an unmarked white van, a trashy white guy came out of the back and tried to sell me speakers. Yes, actually speakers.

I should have asked him "why speakers?" but was way too overwhelmed by the surrealism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speaker_scam

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I learned something new!

Larlar on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I learned something new!

So how are your new Volk speakers?

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I was on the edge of downtown last weekend walking back to my car when a truck pulls up and a very agitated-looking guy gets out

starts trying to tell me about how he's from Myrtle Beach and his wife is a piece of shit and had social services take his son away and he came to Columbia to look for them and would I know anybody who owns a gas station? Could you go get me some gas, please, I'll give you my laptop (not sure what this part was relevant to, either he meant as collateral so he wasn't gonna run off or just, you know, as payment), please, my 3-year-old son is waiting in the truck (presumably a different son)

And it was a really weird story and I felt like some things didn't add up and the dude was hella creepy-lookin' so I made some excuse and got back to my car

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Speaking of downtown I wonder if it's worth getting cleaned up and going out tonight

(It isn't)

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    a testiment to humorlessness

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Wait, what's wrong with being a Bill?
    Sittin' here on Capitol Hill...

hugs for you

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2010

This happened to me! I'd never heard about the scam at the time and until I read about it a few years later I thought it was just a really surreal thing that had happened.

Tube on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    wow that's an actual thing

Fuga on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    All they need to do is paint it black and no one would suspect them

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    redhead wrote: »
    oh dang i never would have noticed that announcement if it weren't for this thread

ditto

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wait so those speakers that guy tried to sell me three years ago at a gas station (probably) weren't stolen, just shitty?

Huh

Ledneh on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the nice thing about this is I can continue to be snide without reprecussion

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the nice thing about this is I can continue to be snide without reprecussion

You're such a silly goose head. Why don't you just go get silly goosed

T. J. Nutty Nub on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    redhead wrote: »
    oh dang i never would have noticed that announcement if it weren't for this thread

ditto
    Well, it is a trap...

Bogey on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

This happened to me! I'd never heard about the scam at the time and until I read about it a few years later I thought it was just a really surreal thing that had happened.

a roommate of mine got taken in by that thing last year

me and the roommate I actually liked made fun of him

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    man

Goose! came out really bad in this deal

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i thought you liked hip-hop!

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    oh also can we still be self effacing without using the term silly goose

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »

wait

hold on

not only is this still done...but people actually buy the speakers?

I need to sit down

Larlar on
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My older brother bought speakers from the back of a van once.

They were pretty decent.

Maybe he overpaid but they were still pretty decent speakers. I think he still has them to this day.

Cristoval on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

wait

hold on

I need to sit down

You know why exiled Kenyan prince emails keep showing up in your inbox? Yeah, sorry to break the news to you.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

wait

hold on

I need to sit down

Yes, well people still believe all sorts of things.

Like that whole fake lottery thing.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    BrimfieldBrimfield Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I was on the edge of downtown last weekend walking back to my car when a truck pulls up and a very agitated-looking guy gets out

starts trying to tell me about how he's from Myrtle Beach and his wife is a piece of shit and had social services take his son away and he came to Columbia to look for them and would I know anybody who owns a gas station? Could you go get me some gas, please, I'll give you my laptop (not sure what this part was relevant to, either he meant as collateral so he wasn't gonna run off or just, you know, as payment), please, my 3-year-old son is waiting in the truck (presumably a different son)

And it was a really weird story and I felt like some things didn't add up and the dude was hella creepy-lookin' so I made some excuse and got back to my car

I used to go to school and live in Hartford, CT. Shit like this used to happen to me all the time. Out of gas, needed a bus ticket, gfs a bitch kicked them out, just got out of jail, etc. Asking me right in front a liquor store isn't helping your cause guy.

I think I gave a couple bucks to one one guy cause his story was really entertaining. It was more like paying a bard for a tale then feeding some drunk's addiction.

Brimfield on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    xbl: brimfields
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What fake lottery

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What fake lottery

Like the regular lottery isn't enough of a scam?

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Indeed! Ha!

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What fake lottery

Like this one.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Brimfield wrote: »

I used to go to school and live in Hartford, CT. Shit like this used to happen to me all the time. Out of gas, needed a bus ticket, gfs a bitch kicked them out, just got out of jail, etc. Asking me right in front a liquor store isn't helping your cause guy.

I think I gave a couple bucks to one one guy cause his story was really entertaining. It was more like paying a bard for a tale then feeding some drunk's addiction.

The Bum's Tale, starring Cary Elwes and his Bindle of Holding

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif