edited February 2010
    BlackDove wrote: »
    Can someone host this?

http://www.mediafire.com/?0rjzymdy22d
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »
    eh, why?

ed: I mean, why not just link the spreadsheet?

Because the information is not clear unless you have one specific program for it, that's not exactly in common use.

openoffice.org

Anybody can open excel spreadsheets for free. It's not limited to one program.

Like I said - not happening.

I am fully aware of what you can use to open an .xls file with, and you can even do it online without a program.

Thanks for the information though.

Would it be better if DVG just moved it to googledocs or something? It's clear that you have some prejudice against .xls files. I dunno, maybe you're a Mac user who is all anti-Microsoft, but whatever. :rotate:

I mean he made the spreadsheet, and put a tinyurl in his sig for it. I wouldn't want to steal it from him and repost it, so I've just been putting up the link when people ask for minerals/upgrades. He already has the spreadsheet hosted somewhere, not using some crappy file downloading site. :?

I guess general FAQ etiquette from using gamefaqs for years prevents me from stealing his stuff and posting it somewhere else. I just give him the credit, post the original file, and leave it up to DVG if he wants to move it to googledocs or somewhere like that if he think it's better.

And I do have to laugh about the "common file" comment. Not sure if anything is more common in business and school worlds than an .xls file (maybe .doc files?). Every job I've ever worked the last dozen years has kept records of some type with excel files.

Stele on
    Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keels. Makes her home.
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I decided to try to grab the Dr Pepper headgear using the codes that are floating around. I went through the whole process and at the end it takes me to my social.bioware page, where I can see my various DLC (Zaaed, Normandy, etc), but no headgear. No sign of it in-game, either. Any idea what gives?

Also, when does Cerberus armour/shotgun DLC go live?

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    so i was under the impression that new dlc dropped @ 9am todaty

was i mistaken?

Joolander on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Anyone been following the Cerberus daily news?
    The New York Giants beat The Beijing Dragons in Super Bowl CCMXIX.

Also, for the past couple of days there's been news about a comet heading for a plaet called Belen. ( I thinkt they said this was the Hanar homeworld). The Turians were going to send a frigate to blow it up, but then scientists said it would miss, so the Turiens were like "Well, cool, we'll just send a science team to watch." Then yesterday the news feed said that scientists now believe that the comet will pass close enough to produce meteor showers.

I smell some kind of DLC mission pack.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Anyone been following the Cerberus daily news?
    The New York Giants beat The Beijing Dragons in Super Bowl CCMXIX.

Also, for the past couple of days there's been news about a comet heading for a plaet called Belen. ( I thinkt they said this was the Hanar homeworld). The Turians were going to send a frigate to blow it up, but then scientists said it would miss, so the Turiens were like "Well, cool, we'll just send a science team to watch." Then yesterday the news feed said that scientists now believe that the comet will pass close enough to produce meteor showers.

I smell some kind of DLC mission pack.

It could be a new and original mission where you try to stop a batarian terrorist from crashing a meteor into a planet.

That would be great.

reVerse on
  • Options
    SteleStele Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Joolander wrote: »

was i mistaken?

Kotaku article says Noon Mountain time. So 2pm eastern, 11am pacific, etc.

Stele on
    Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keels. Makes her home.
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Stele wrote: »
    Can someone host this?

http://www.mediafire.com/?0rjzymdy22d
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »
    eh, why?

ed: I mean, why not just link the spreadsheet?

Because the information is not clear unless you have one specific program for it, that's not exactly in common use.

openoffice.org

Anybody can open excel spreadsheets for free. It's not limited to one program.

Like I said - not happening.

I am fully aware of what you can use to open an .xls file with, and you can even do it online without a program.

Thanks for the information though.

Would it be better if DVG just moved it to googledocs or something? It's clear that you have some prejudice against .xls files. I dunno, maybe you're a Mac user who is all anti-Microsoft, but whatever. :rotate:

I mean he made the spreadsheet, and put a tinyurl in his sig for it. I wouldn't want to steal it from him and repost it, so I've just been putting up the link when people ask for minerals/upgrades. He already has the spreadsheet hosted somewhere, not using some crappy file downloading site. :?

I guess general FAQ etiquette from using gamefaqs for years prevents me from stealing his stuff and posting it somewhere else. I just give him the credit, post the original file, and leave it up to DVG if he wants to move it to googledocs or somewhere like that if he think it's better.

And I do have to laugh about the "common file" comment. Not sure if anything is more common in business and school worlds than an .xls file (maybe .doc files?). Every job I've ever worked the last dozen years has kept records of some type with excel files.

The real problem with rehosting the file is once you take it and host it elsewhere and directing people to that, I can't update it anymore and finish my little data project.

EDIT: Also, my thinking was if I can view .xls files on my iPhone it shouldn't be too big a headache for anyone else. Having it as a normal spreadsheet right now simply makes it easier for me to update it.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So was anyone else surprised/relieved when: (post IFF spoilers)
    You ran around with Joker and didn't break any bones? I was seriously worried about his legs :(

Bobble on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bobble wrote: »
    You ran around with Joker and didn't break any bones? I was seriously worried about his legs :(

I was incredibly worried that if I pushed him too hard I was going hear a great big "crack!"

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I was incredibly worried that if I pushed him too hard I was going hear a great big "crack!"

I want a "buddy cop" spin-off with him and EDI.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

was i mistaken?

wait, proper mission dlc with hammerhead or this new armour and weapon ive heard about thats already up?

on another note this is how dlc should be done, stuff released with a few weeks of main release and a constant stream of it.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    PaperPrittPaperPritt Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    the fact that he is hobbling the whole way mad this sequence very stressful , which is a really nice trouch from Bioware incidentally. I was cheering him up like mad the whole time, haha.

PaperPritt on
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    DVG wrote: »
    The real problem with rehosting the file is once you take it and host it elsewhere and directing people to that, I can't update it anymore and finish my little data project.

EDIT: Also, my thinking was if I can view .xls files on my iPhone it shouldn't be too big a headache for anyone else. Having it as a normal spreadsheet right now simply makes it easier for me to update it.

If you want me to take it down, I'll take it down.

But you can just as easily export it as an HTML and host it just as you did the .xls file.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    JarhogJarhog Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So i just finished the loyalty quests on the Krogan homeworld.

Can anyone tell me what is different with the Krogans if you don't have wrex alive?

Jarhog on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

was i mistaken?

wait, proper mission dlc with hammerhead or this new armour and weapon ive heard about thats already up?

on another note this is how dlc should be done, stuff released with a few weeks of main release and a constant stream of it.

new armor and weapon

and where is it already up?

Joolander on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jarhog wrote: »

Can anyone tell me what is different with the Krogans if you don't have wrex alive?
    His cousin Wex is in charge. He's a conservative and doesn't rock the boat.

reVerse on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I heard that they aren't uniting.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah where is it up? Just logged into bioware account and no shotgun or armor is showing yet.

Stele on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah where is it up? Just logged into bioware account and no shotgun or armor is showing yet.

Heard it is like 2 PM eastern time.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I have no idea because i live in a world where killing Wrex is just plain impossible. Plus it would be totally weird not to find him there now, especially when you have experienced the whole thing with him to begin with.

I have no problem with choosing even the completely messed up Renegade options, but that's just too much, man. Just oo much

PaperPritt on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wait, new DLC today? What is it?

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    haha have you guys seen this, (last squad mate spoilers)
    500xlist2.jpg

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

was i mistaken?

new armor and weapon

and where is it already up?

someone mentioned it was up already in the last thread, i havent turned on my 360 yet so i dont know. D:

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    JarhogJarhog Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    PaperPritt wrote: »

I have no idea because i live in a world where killing Wrex is just plain impossible. Plus it would be totally weird not to find him there now, especially when you have experienced the whole thing with him to begin with.

I have no problem with choosing even the completely messed up Renegade options, but that's just too much, man. Just oo much

I totally agree even with a repeat play through I don't think I will ever have the heart to kill him.

Jarhog on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    500xlist2.jpg
    "Reaching consensus.... Yes. Right there. We like that."

Bobble on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    500xlist2.jpg

That is great.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Machismo wrote: »

Heard it is like 2 PM eastern time.

Yeah I just posted that from article.

But Deaderinred up a few posts said the armor and shotgun was already out. o_O

Stele on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    500xlist2.jpg

lol

too bad its missing
    Tali

Joolander on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That's because everyone loves Tali.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I totally agree even with a repeat play through I don't think I will ever have the heart to kill him.

Yeah my totally renegade femShep that I finished up a few weeks back didn't have the heart to kill Wrex. She did renegade him into backing down, but there's no way she could shoot him or let Ashley do it either one.

Stele on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    A product of the times I'd say, especially since there's a lot of things the council is outright just not dealing with.

I mean their solution to AIs is to ban it, to genetic engineering is to ban it. They don't regulate things that have caused problems in the past, they just try to pretend they don't exist. The Krogan are an ongoing testament to this - they've never answered what to do about any fast-replicating species.

EDIT: Hell take it further
    The bartender on Illium notes the Asari showed no interest in building their own Mass Relays, whereas it's something you'd think the species should be very very interested in.

It's the same story with the Citadel - everyone living on it, yet overall interest in how it works is non-existent. Hence the entire threat of Mass Effect 1. The Council races simply aren't trying to drive technology through it's dangerous points (with appropriate regulation) to advance themselves, they're just banning everything they don't like.
    The Turians seem interested in weapons tech. After all, they developed the Thanix cannons. The salarians we know for a fact updated the genophage, and genetic modifications are implied to be less than uncommon. The Council has also given licenses to four corporations to develop AI...one of which we know is on Noveria.

My best guess is that it wouldn't be politically expedient for the Council to deal with such issues out in the open, so they do so away from the public eye.

Well the Turians...
    repurposed technology from Sovereign for that cannon. So they didn't invent it.

The Salarians did create the Genophage, although those are virii adapted to a purpose, as I recall.

I think the point is that the Council races are lazy bastards. Even the Salarians get criticized for wanting to explore (stumbling upon the Rachni).

Humans are criticized by trying new things and for colonial efforts.

Really, the Batarians and the Humans are the only races that aren't lazy shits. And the Batarians are too uncivilized to accomplish anything impressive.

They did do a good job painting humanity as being impressive.
    Just copying this post from the old thread. Interesting discussion.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Seriously i think every squadmate is but guaranteed to have a fan following for ever and ever. Except maybe for Jacob, who is probably the most "generic" of the NPCs you can interact with.

PS: Do want a spin-off with Tali as the main character. Please ? Pretty please?

PaperPritt on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    New DLC is out, ahead of schedule. I just D/Led it for the 360.

Arteen on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Arteen wrote: »

And yet i'm still stuck at work for at least 2 hours . there is no god!

PaperPritt on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    what is it about?

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    JastJast Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jacob isn't generic, he's just normal. No deep dark secrets, no horrible past, dude just joined the alliance, chilled out, and joined Cerberus.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Neli wrote: »
    what is it about?

Andromeda Galaxy missions.
    I lie.
    New armor and a new shotgun.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    G RolG Rol Dorsia? Nobody goes there anymore... Nell'sRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Arteen wrote: »

Is the armor modular? Can I at least remove the helmet?

EDIT: Or, is it not the armor after all..

G Rol on

G%20Rol.jpg
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Seriously i think every squadmate is but guaranteed to have a fan following for ever and ever. Except maybe for Jacob, who is probably the most "generic" of the NPCs you can interact with.

PS: Do want a spin-off with Tali as the main character. Please ? Pretty please?

At first I felt that Jacob was kind of generic, but the more the game went on, I felt he actually increased the believability of the overall squad just because he was that guy who was just a normal dude. He was a soldier who got screwed over by the alliance and his dad, and it took him a long time to get over it, and now he's just going to work, doing his job, and wants to drink some beer with Shepherd when it's all over with.

The fact that they actually included an 'everyman' instead of having every character be super conflicted or an assassin or some shit adds nicely, if subtly, to the dynamic. Just my opinion of course. :mrgreen:

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jast wrote: »
    Jacob is generic, he's just normal. No deep dark secrets, no horrible past, dude just joined the alliance, chilled out, and joined Cerberus.

I like leaving Jacob and Miranda alone.

WHY CAN'T THOSE KIDS JUST PATCH THINGS UP AND LOVE EACHOTHER?

BlackDove on
This discussion has been closed.