Mass Effect 1&2 - RELEASING CONTROL OF THIS FORM

• Options
    Trimble87Trimble87 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Stele wrote: »
    Jarhog wrote: »
    PaperPritt wrote: »
    So i just finished the loyalty quests on the Krogan homeworld.

Can anyone tell me what is different with the Krogans if you don't have wrex alive?

I have no idea because i live in a world where killing Wrex is just plain impossible. Plus it would be totally weird not to find him there now, especially when you have experienced the whole thing with him to begin with.

I have no problem with choosing even the completely messed up Renegade options, but that's just too much, man. Just oo much

I totally agree even with a repeat play through I don't think I will ever have the heart to kill him.

Yeah my totally renegade femShep that I finished up a few weeks back didn't have the heart to kill Wrex. She did renegade him into backing down, but there's no way she could shoot him or let Ashley do it either one.

My renegade femshep shot him in the face and did not look back. The difference for me3 could be huge, although it has very little impact on me2:
    Without Wrex the krogans are not united and the clans are still warring. Your visit is only to the Urdnot clan and theres no mention of any of the advancements that Wrex was implementing. The annoying Krogan you eventually fight does say something along the lines of "Wrex had crazy ideas, its better off hes dead."

Trimble87 on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So i just finished the loyalty quests on the Krogan homeworld.

Can anyone tell me what is different with the Krogans if you don't have wrex alive?

I have no idea because i live in a world where killing Wrex is just plain impossible. Plus it would be totally weird not to find him there now, especially when you have experienced the whole thing with him to begin with.

I have no problem with choosing even the completely messed up Renegade options, but that's just too much, man. Just oo much

I totally agree even with a repeat play through I don't think I will ever have the heart to kill him.

Yeah my totally renegade femShep that I finished up a few weeks back didn't have the heart to kill Wrex. She did renegade him into backing down, but there's no way she could shoot him or let Ashley do it either one.

The only reason I know about Wrex not being in the Krogan homeworld is because my second runthrough was done without character import to see what the default choices would be.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jast wrote: »
    Jacob is generic, he's just normal. No deep dark secrets, no horrible past, dude just joined the alliance, chilled out, and joined Cerberus.

It really is nice to know that there's a guy on my crew who's just there because he's a very good soldier. Zaeed's like that in a roundabout way, but still has his "Shepard, fix me" issues. Jacob, meanwhile, simply says "Shepard, I need to fix this."

edit- overstated Zaeed's issues. The only fixing he needs is a punch in the face if you're a paragon. He's just angry.

Bobble on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Zaeed just wants to kill a guy

Not sure how that translate to a "fix me" issue

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bobble wrote: »
    Jacob is generic, he's just normal. No deep dark secrets, no horrible past, dude just joined the alliance, chilled out, and joined Cerberus.

It really is nice to know that there's a guy on my crew who's just there because he's a very good soldier. Zaeed's like that in a roundabout way, but still has his "Shepard, fix me" issues. Jacob, meanwhile, simply says "Shepard, I need to fix this."

Yeah, Jacob is like the most well-adjusted person on your team. In so much as one can be well-adjusted in this game.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    SteleStele Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Steam released Bioshock 2 already too, although last night it was saying late this afternoon. Crap.

Was hoping to finish ME2 2nd run before B2. I guess I got some time while it downloads... silly steam with no pre-loads...

Still nothing showing up on bioware account for PC Cerberus stuff today.

Stele on
    Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keels. Makes her home.
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gyral wrote: »

Yeah, Jacob is like the most well-adjusted person on your team. In so much as one can be well-adjusted in this game.

That's why he's GOOOOOOOOD, REEEEEEADY FOR - - - ANYTHIIIIIIIIIING!

BlackDove on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jacob has scary and distracting teeth.

reVerse on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    as soon as he gave me a brohug I started liking Jacob

He's got a weird face and looks very stiff in some animations though

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Neli wrote: »
    as soon as he gave me a brohug I started liking Jacob

Hell yeah. Let's tear it up on the Citadel. 8-)

Stele on
    Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keels. Makes her home.
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Neli wrote: »
    Zaeed just wants to kill a guy

Not sure how that translate to a "fix me" issue

Well, the whole endangering innocents thing needed to be fixed with a fist to the face, but yeah, I overstated it because I went Paragon and had to jump thru a hoop for his loyalty. In fact, I'll edit that a bit.

Bobble on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    reVerse wrote: »

They are intended for a man twice his size

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    smof wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »

They are intended for a man twice his size

He's genetically modified with larger teeth so it makes eating the hard food they find on new planets easier.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    im wondering.. how much stuff is optional in the game?
    ive done a playthrough where i got through by just doing recruit missions and two n7 missions, it seems that there's a certain number of missions/assignments you have to do before each "plot world" (horizon/ship/iff/suicide) opens up, but none of them seem required, like it might be possible to recruit 3 people (i think? or maybe just mordin.. not sure how suicide mission would work without teams) then just do n7 missions to unlock the plot worlds.. i think the only required recruit to get horizon opened up is mordin, might be interesting to try out

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    How much is this DLC? Or is the Armor and shotgun free?

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So was anyone else surprised/relieved when: (post IFF spoilers)
    You ran around with Joker and didn't break any bones? I was seriously worried about his legs :(
    the fact that he is hobbling the whole way mad this sequence very stressful , which is a really nice trouch from Bioware incidentally. I was cheering him up like mad the whole time, haha.

I could almost swear that
    when you held space to sprint, you took damage. The first time I ran through it, no red tinge the screen.. then I accidentally died, and was trying to sprint through it the second time, and I had some of the weird red veiny shit starting to appear

Sakeido on
  • Options
    Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Free.

Wet Bandit on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nice.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So what's the DLC for today? The Cerberus Armor and Eviscerator shotgun?

edit: nm, this has clearly been answered.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Free with Cerberus.

Stele on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    New DLC today? Excellent...

When someone gets it, let me know if you can take the helmet off.

Houn on
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Seriously i think every squadmate is but guaranteed to have a fan following for ever and ever. Except maybe for Jacob, who is probably the most "generic" of the NPCs you can interact with.

PS: Do want a spin-off with Tali as the main character. Please ? Pretty please?

This brings up an interesting question for Mass Effect games outside of the trilogy.

How are they going to handle everyone's various choices in the trilogy?

They'll have to do one of three things

1) Completely avoid anything in the trilogy that can go either way (so goodbye Council, Rachi, Krogan, Geth)

2) Let you import a save from Mass Effect 3. If they do this, hopefully they'll add a way to upload your Mass Effect world state to their website.

3) Come up with some default options.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    FloofyFloofy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The romances seem a lot better in ME2 than 1, probably because all the characters seem much more lifelike and genuinely interesting/well rounded. My Shep's flirting with Garrus, and it's a mix of adorable and awesome. He comes across as though he used to be a bit of a playboy with the Turian ladies, but is a mixture baffled, terrified and genuinely affectionate in turns with Shep. Reach and flexibilty, and popping the heat sink, indeed. D'aaaw.

Floofy on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's up for dl on 360, free and 16mb also today's Cerberus news is interesting, a new race! wonder what they look like, they've missed so much already lol

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Houn wrote: »
    New DLC today? Excellent...

When someone gets it, let me know if you can take the helmet off.

You can NOT take the helmet off. It's the same whole suit style that all the DLC armors have, it's not modular in any way. But it does have a clear faceplate, like the inferno armor has, so you can still sorta see Shepard's face in cutscenes.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh. So, armor I'll never wear, and a shotgun my Sentinel can't use. GG, Bioware.

Houn on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Welp, since my next playthrough is going to be my Renegade Pro-Cerebus Vanguard....Thanks Bioware!

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yes, it is quite inconsiderate of them.

I'm shocked and outraged.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Floofy wrote: »
    The romances seem a lot better in ME2 than 1, probably because all the characters seem much more lifelike and genuinely interesting/well rounded. My Shep's flirting with Garrus, and it's a mix of adorable and awesome. He comes across as though he used to be a bit of a playboy with the Turian ladies, but is a mixture baffled, terrified and genuinely affectionate in turns with Shep. Reach and flexibilty, and popping the heat sink, indeed. D'aaaw.

Garrus definitely struck me as a guy who usually has game, but finally met a woman who was just too much for him :lol:

Sakeido on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Houn wrote: »
    Oh. So, armor I'll never wear, and a shotgun my Sentinel can't use. GG, Bioware.

Its free

Sentinel isn't the only class in the game.

I don't get the big stink about un-removable helmets. Does everyone stare lovingly into their Shep's eyes as they speak or something?

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    New armour looks weird but I never use dlc armour anyways but new shotgun is niceee

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Does everyone stare lovingly into their Shep's eyes as they speak or something?

Yes.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wow new shotty only has a 3 clip size with 15 spare... Balances out it's long rangeness I suppose

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I don't get the big stink about un-removable helmets. Does everyone stare lovingly into their Shep's eyes as they speak or something?

I think it's just the fact that helmet toggle was in the first game and it doesn't make sense why they removed it this time around. Toggle. On or off. Everyone is happy either way. Remove the toggle and now you have a big bunch of people who want to see their face, don't want to sound like they're on a radio, or whatever... but they can't.

Kinda like it makes no sense they took out the screenshot (f11) button, even though there's still a screenshot folder in your ME2 directory...

Stele on
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I don't 'get' the non modular armor sets. Half the freaking fun is making your own suit of asskicking armor and spraypainting it to match your shit. Was I the only one who went with a really angry color scheme specifically for the end mission?

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    gjaustin wrote: »
    Seriously i think every squadmate is but guaranteed to have a fan following for ever and ever. Except maybe for Jacob, who is probably the most "generic" of the NPCs you can interact with.

PS: Do want a spin-off with Tali as the main character. Please ? Pretty please?

This brings up an interesting question for Mass Effect games outside of the trilogy.

How are they going to handle everyone's various choices in the trilogy?

They'll have to do one of three things

1) Completely avoid anything in the trilogy that can go either way (so goodbye Council, Rachi, Krogan, Geth)

2) Let you import a save from Mass Effect 3. If they do this, hopefully they'll add a way to upload your Mass Effect world state to their website.

3) Come up with some default options.

They could always just set it before the trilogy.

Maybe have a spinoff set during the First Contact War.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    Bob the InsaneBob the Insane Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I think it's just the fact that helmet toggle was in the first game and it doesn't make sense why they removed it this time around. Toggle. On or off. Everyone is happy either way. Remove the toggle and now you have a big bunch of people who want to see their face, don't want to sound like they're on a radio, or whatever... but they can't.

Kinda like it makes no sense they took out the screenshot (f11) button, even though there's still a screenshot folder in your ME2 directory...

I sympathize with your points... However I do quite like the new option (with the non-DLC armour) to wear your helmet or not giving you bonuses (or not in the case of a bare head)...

My shephard looks a little daft with the headset thing but the +10% damage to headshots is nice...

(As long as it means a bonus for you shootng others, but if it means +10 damage when you get shot in the head i am going to feel a little stupid...)

Choice with consequences, the cornerstone of RPG...

Bob the Insane on
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Question concerning the IFF mission
    What's a good group to take along inside the Reaper? I took Tali/Garrus for the first step through, but reloaded the mission after discovering that both were poor choices after the first area where you encounter a wave of husks. Since I have a feeling it's going to be chock full of husks, I would assume anyone with AoE biotics & abilities/organic-harming ammo. But what groups have worked fairly well for the mission?

Havelock on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Behemoth wrote: »
    They could always just set it before the trilogy.

Maybe have a spinoff set during the First Contact War.
    Have you played Alliance Corsair? It's pretty realistic, but still fun!

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    G RolG Rol Dorsia? Nobody goes there anymore... Nell'sRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I just want modular armor so I can further explore Barbie dress up with Shepard. Free is free though.

G Rol on

G%20Rol.jpg
This discussion has been closed.