As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Urban Dead] Remove The Head Or Destroy The WANG

1565758596062»

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wheaton Avenue PD is at VSR and has only zed left inside at 3 HP. It also has a few bodies that need to be dumped before they rise as zeds.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Wheaton Avenue PD is at VSR and has only zed left inside at 3 HP. It also has a few bodies that need to be dumped before they rise as zeds.

I killed the zed and dumped the only body that it said I could dump before heading back to Mycock. Should be good to go.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    One zombie out at Stewart Crescent (2E 1S from Mycock) with 11 HP left.

Rius on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i totally lost track of where I ran to when mycock and anne general was invaded

M.D. on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i totally lost track of where I ran to when mycock and anne general was invaded

I keep http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Main_Page in my favorites for when I start wandering at random it is pretty useful for finding my way back. There is a link to a map of Malton at the bottom and that map has links to each of the suburbs and then each block is represented as well.

Seg on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If the attacks have died down, should we drop Anne General Hospital back to VSB++ so that new characters can get into it?

Darian on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I hate that I have to do everything when I'm a survivor. :P I log in to see a zed broke the 'cades in a police station. I kill the zed, dump the body, and bring the cades back up to VSB+++ before running out of AP. I just wanted to get some more ammo!

urahonky on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What's the best way to get experience? At the moment I'm cowering in the Perriott Museum and running out every now and then to hit zombies over the head with my axe.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    What's the best way to get experience? At the moment I'm cowering in the Perriott Museum and running out every now and then to hit zombies over the head with my axe.

That works, though if you notice any ruined buildings nearby go inside and see if there's any zombies in there to whack instead.

Diagnosis + healing people also works very well. Don't get any healing upgrades other than diagnosis though. Each heal will be 5 XP for you.

For best results, use a combination of both!

theSquid on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

I'm finding that healing gives pretty quick experience, hanging out in a lit hospital stocking up on FAKs and healing whoever shows up needing it. But that pretty much requires Diagnosis so that you can tell who needs it. Until then, I hit zombies over the head with my axe (and picked up hand-to-hand accuracy boost with my first level).

Darian on
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    urahonky wrote: »
    I hate that I have to do everything when I'm a survivor. :P I log in to see a zed broke the 'cades in a police station. I kill the zed, dump the body, and bring the cades back up to VSB+++ before running out of AP. I just wanted to get some more ammo!

For extra awesome, try clearing out an NT building by rot reviving everyone inside.

theSquid on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ahahaha, that would be hilarious.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Resupplying for some ammo/guns. I should be back in a day or so.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I'm guessing this is a Hardcore RPG huh?

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Eeep, I've run out of AP over at Purlewent Library out in the open. It was too heavily barricaded for me to get in to.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    TanolenTanolen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I'm guessing this is a Hardcore RPG huh?

At the early stages it is, but get alot easier as you level up.

Tanolen on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm taking refuge in Tapton once again, in Swithun General. Until I get freerunning, Mockridge is an exercise in futility.

And this game is only hardcore in that you need to play everyday. But only for about 15 minutes.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    tehmarken wrote: »
    I'm taking refuge in Tapton once again, in Swithun General. Until I get freerunning, Mockridge is an exercise in futility.

And this game is only hardcore in that you need to play everyday. But only for about 15 minutes.

I'm not getting on too bad in Mockridge. A friend and I have joined up about the same time so we're (roughly) sticking together.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This fucker pk'ed me, so if you run across him, feel free to return the favor.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'll keep an eye out for him.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    MifioMifio MrrlendRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've been revivified by someone named Violett, want to thank them (if they are here).
    Where do you need me?

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I currently have 4 shotguns and 5 pistols. I'm going to murder some zombies, brb.

urahonky on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    there's one injured zed left in wheaton PD (the one 3 east of Mycock). the bldg is damaged and unbarricaded, however, so more could wander in.

dojango on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    dojango wrote: »
    there's one injured zed left in wheaton PD (the one 3 east of Mycock). the bldg is damaged and unbarricaded, however, so more could wander in.

Got him down to about 15 hp, but the building has now been ruined and I'll need to stock up on AP before I can help out anymore.

Darian on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Killed, headshotted and dumped. Wheaton repaired and barricaded to VSB+1.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have a transmitter now. I'll be bringing it back to mycock in the next day or so. I suggest you not set it up in mycock though, or if you do, we need some serious help defending mycock because powered buildings are like beacons for zeds.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Mockridge, at least around Mycock, is a dead zone right about now. A generator may not be such a bad thing. The fatalist in me was having a lot more fun when we were under siege. Are there any buildings that need it more? Is Anne General up and running?

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, the hospital needs power more than Mycock. Hell, put the transmitter in there, too.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Woot, I have freerunning now.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I can't make it in to the hospital right now, too heavily barricaded. I'm close to being able to buy my first skill, currently just a bog standard fireman, suggestions on what to go for?

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Free Running. That way, you can get into the hospital and heal folks for your next skill.

Willeth on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    free running is just so helpful for travelling and looking for safety

M.D. on
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Free Running and Diagnosis are the best two skills to get early game. Heal, heal and heal your way to free (mostly) skill points.

Edit: I would recommend not getting First Aid or Surgery until much later. You do not receive any extra experience even though you are healing for double or triple the value.

Shens on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So now that I've got freerunning, I'm making my way back up to the Mycock area, healing anybody I come across.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Anne General with 6FAKs, will stay here and heal then probably head to a more dangerous area to help out.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm gonna make a new thread, just gonna steal the OP from Colt. I will throw the link here when it's up.

*EDIT* Ok, new thread here. Anybody who posts in this thread is a silly goose.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.