As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Boring Title

• Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Had a fantastic moment on Angry Dome yesterday. Was on the jungle map for rush on the defending side. Attackers had their chopper circling with the chaingun wreaking havoc. I was assault and as they passed over teh docks I shot a 40mm at the chopper in an attempt to hit it and maybe cause it to spin into the water. What happened instead was MUCH more satisfying... If only I had a video of it.

Just as my 40mm grenade was about to hit the chopper, it turned to head away from the docks and my grenade landed right INSIDE the passenger bay netting me a triple or quadruple kill and causing bodies to rain from the sky. 'Twas glorious.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    IceyIcey Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Some people enjoy cheesy unbalanced weapons.

Icey on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    god forbid you use something that doesn't have the capacity to kill in one shot
    Well, exactly!
    Sladvan wrote: »
    Oh, you mean the thing closest to the TF2 sniper rifle?
    God forbid I play something in a manner that I'm good at and enjoy.

You're good at easy mode? Might want to tone down the bragging.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Had a fantastic moment on Angry Dome yesterday. Was on the jungle map for rush on the defending side. Attackers had their chopper circling with the chaingun wreaking havoc. I was assault and as they passed over teh docks I shot a 40mm at the chopper in an attempt to hit it and maybe cause it to spin into the water. What happened instead was MUCH more satisfying... If only I had a video of it.

Just as my 40mm grenade was about to hit the chopper, it turned to head away from the docks and my grenade landed right INSIDE the passenger bay netting me a triple or quadruple kill and causing bodies to rain from the sky. 'Twas glorious.

This just happened to me today. I was in the chopper and someone hit me with a 40mm nade while in it. The fuck?

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Icey wrote: »
    Some people enjoy cheesy unbalanced weapons.

Yes because they enjoy not dying. I prefer something like the m60 which kills people in a reasonable amount of time compared to all other weapons which seem like I'm shooting nerf balls at people.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i like using the m60 in random servers because i never have to worry about losing in a firefight

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I only play recon to pad my K/D ratio.

I often say that I find it fun, but that's a lie. I just don't want a bad ratio.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah the M60 is a little ridiculous that I can defend a point by myself against 4 other people in conquest by just holding down the fire button, strafing and aiming at the bodies of the enemy.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Auto shottie with slugs and magnum ammo is sex. I'm torn whether to swap out magnum ammo for extended mags though. Plz advise.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to level up the sniper quickly besides motion sensor spam and spotting?

I just found how easy it was to level the medic with my lovely defib revive spamming.

Steal a dead medic's stuff.

Make sure he ain't a noob, nothing is worse than taking a kit and having no defib or medpacks!

Really? This works?

Pretty sure it doesn't. You gain points in whatever kit you have equipped.

Are you sure? I seem to remember being annoyed that after picking up a recon kit and sniping the shit out of the other team, the points only went towards assault, which was already maxed.

I may just be crazy though.

exis on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Oh, you mean the thing closest to the TF2 sniper rifle?
    God forbid I play something in a manner that I'm good at and enjoy.

You're good at easy mode? Might want to tone down the bragging.
    You, goomba and sladvan should really just drop the idea that you have to attack almost every post I make. It's kind of pathetic. You even swap jokes; goomba used that 'tf2 sniper rifle' line the other day.

I get it, you don't like me. You think I brag, you think I have an ego. You also hold me to be useless, cheap, or not a team player, based on some inscrutably subjective metric that changes to suit the current argument.

If I'm getting kills, it means I'm not achieving objectives. If I'm getting points (ie, doing useful things), too bad, because 'points are easy to get'. If I'm using a sniper rifle I'm lame, if I use a shotgun I'm cheap. If I'm psyched because I did something awesome, I'm bragging. If I get frustrated just once at high ping fluffing my knife I shouldn't play (reinforced, in game, by a message ALL IN CAPS!), despite the fact you guys do nothing but bitch and whine here in the thread. If I talk at all, I'm being self-indulgent. If I'm advising my team, I'm 'spamming voice'.

And hey, the other day, I shot goomba and he tried to kick me because he said I was exploiting based on some e-rage hissy fit he had. Yeah, that makes sense, the guy who is a server admin in several other locations has nothing better to do than risk being barred from playing with his friends by manipulating the game in a totally obvious manner. And if you knew anything about me, you'd know that that sort of thing would be completely against my character anyway.

The point is, you're not going to drive me away. I don't care if you don't like me. I don't care if you insist on jumping on every other post I make. I just want you to understand that you're wasting your time, because it's unpleasant for everyone. You're not going to stop me playing with my friends, having fun, or playing whatever class I wish to play with whatever loadout and in whatever manner. Your odious and just plain inaccurate taunts and accusations (seriously, if you think I'm not a team player you're just wrong) achieve nothing except this post. Find another guy to obsess about and provoke.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    SanguinarySanguinary Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just wanted to post and say that I want to play but I can't right now.

I love dropping C4 on tanks from roofs and 2nd stories and blowing them up all unawares.

Whycome the sig stats site doesn't seem to update for 360?

Sanguinary on
    "Und... under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka, you dumbass"

"I don't even bother to use my brain any more! There's nothing left in it"
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Flippy the thing is just that sniper rifle/headshot is associated with you.

So if someone gets killed by you from across half the map he's not gonna say "man how did he do that???",but he'll roll his eyes and say "ugh,flippy again,great".

We call this phenomenon "being flippyd".

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Does anyone know how to level up the sniper quickly besides motion sensor spam and spotting?

I just found how easy it was to level the medic with my lovely defib revive spamming.

Make sure he ain't a noob, nothing is worse than taking a kit and having no defib or medpacks!

Really? This works?

You are 100% wrong. You gain XP in the kit you selected when you spawned. If you pick up something else, you still get XP in your own kit.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    downerdowner Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Here is a link to some extreme video type lag/hit detection/pov quirks that one of my friends experiences in game. From what we can tell it's not any type of latency issue, as he can play any other game perfectly fine. Some of his system specs are listed in the link.

downer on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Really? This works?

You gain points in whatever class you spawn as, regardless of what you've picked up off the ground. Spawn as recon and grab a medic? Get some crazy recon points being a magical life restoring tree.

Edit: Dammit MegaMek

Arrath on
  • Options
    BecomingBecoming Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    downer wrote: »
    Here is a link to some extreme video type lag/hit detection/pov quirks that one of my friends experiences in game. From what we can tell it's not any type of latency issue, as he can play any other game perfectly fine. Some of his system specs are listed in the link.

Please, someone help this more man!

Becoming on
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arrath wrote: »
    Get some crazy recon points being a magical life restoring tree.

lol A Magical Life Restoring Tree with an LMG.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tehkensaitehkensai Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I have every single one of those problems. I think it has something to do with processor power as mine is somewhere in the middle.

not sure though.

tehkensai on
    jAhPU.jpg
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Becoming wrote: »

Please, someone help this more man!

I've run into "the slide" before, though nothing as drastic as in the video. I can only assume its client prediction of movement and the server correcting it a bit, must be on a fairly laggy connection?

Arrath on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Enjoy your M60 while you can: http://twitter.com/Demize99/status/10833476163

tofu on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tofu wrote: »

And no mention of the Gustav, or grenade launchers.

Just awesome.

Suriko on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    tofu wrote: »

WATT ARE THEY GOIGN TO DO TO MY BELOVED M1911?

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wouldn't surprise me to see a boost to AA guns. Attack choppers can shut out a map with a good enough pilot and gunner (Port Valdez, lookin' at you). M1911 will be nerfed I guess, same with the M60.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    Angry WeaselAngry Weasel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Almighty people, this is the deal, the teams are going to be usually unbalanced especially with PA folks wanting to stick together. When you are on the shit end of the stick getting destroyed and you choose to complain about team stacking or team skill being unbalanced and then once you are the winning team choose not to switch sides or trash talk about "owning" you will gain no sympathy from me.

Also I hope you die in a fire.

Angry Weasel on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    AA guns don't need a boost, you can already take a chopper down to 50 health with a heavy MG as it is. Grenade launchers don't need a nerf either. The only thing I'm really sad about is the M1911 because I love it sooo much

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    One thing that has to be fixed is Isla Innocentes phase 2 M-Com A.....I think?

Anyways that one where you can take down the whole building just by destroying the fence.

Done it twice now with one flyby in the Blackhawk and let loose on that fence thus taking the m-com.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THE 1911

Senshi on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    AA guns don't need a boost, you can already take a chopper down to 50 health with a heavy MG as it is. Grenade launchers don't need a nerf either. The only thing I'm really sad about is the M1911 because I love it sooo much

The 1911 needs a nerf, although not a big one. It kills in the same number of shots as the revolver, but shoots way faster.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Klyka wrote: »

So if someone gets killed by you from across half the map he's not gonna say "man how did he do that???",but he'll roll his eyes and say "ugh,flippy again,great".

I'm pretty sure that's never been the issue.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Anyways that one where you can take down the whole building just by destroying the fence.

Done it twice now with one flyby in the Blackhawk and let loose on that fence thus taking the m-com.

I HAVE TO TRY THIS.

ALSO WITH CG, APPARENTLY.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TKane wrote: »

I HAVE TO TRY THIS.

ALSO WITH CG, APPARENTLY.

Remember that exploiting is bannable on the Angry Dome.

To anyone who wants to try it.

tofu on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    Jaunty wrote: »
    [PA] Jabberwokky is my little sister, she doesn't post here but don't kick her anyways because she is awesome.

so she is a poser

ban her

BAN HER

edit: i am actually a member of the wu-tang clan

That wasn't even a real edit, poser

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that's never been the issue.

Hi I'm Pancake and it's always opposite day for me.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Morkath wrote: »

The 1911 needs a nerf, although not a big one. It kills in the same number of shots as the revolver, but shoots way faster.

All the pistols other than the 1911 are such shit, though. All the other pistols need a buff, not the other way around

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

All the pistols other than the 1911 are such shit, though. All the other pistols need a buff, not the other way around

I am not so certain. It's a side arm. It's an emergency weapon. The majority of actual troops aren't even issued one.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I did the fence thing earlier today on angrydome. I was on the defending team though. I just couldn't resist trying it

I accidentally killed one of my own guys, too. Sorry guy

We still won though so I don't feel too bad

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I did the fence thing earlier today on angrydome. I was on the defending team though. I just couldn't resist trying it

I accidentally killed one of my own guys, too. Sorry guy

We still won though so I don't feel too bad

Ugggggghhhhhhhh. I banned Enders for a round for it. THIS WILL NOT END WELL FOR YOU.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    oh god

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I am not so certain. It's a side arm. It's an emergency weapon. The majority of actual troops aren't even issued one.

I suppose a nerf would at least realign expectations for sidearms, but I really do think that switching to your sidearm should pose at least a slight advantage over waiting to reload your primary. Otherwise why even have it on any class but the recon?

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png