As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Boring Title

• Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Doesn't it rather depend on what weapon you're using, Jaunty?

I mean it's almost always a good idea for me to switch because damned if I'm going to get a chance to reload my 4 shells.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Doesn't it rather depend on what weapon you're using, Jaunty?

I mean it's almost always a good idea for me to switch because damned if I'm going to get a chance to reload my 4 shells.

alright, any class but the recon or a pump-shotty. More specifically, a pump shotty other than the NS2000, which is still better off just straight up reloading.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I use my sidearm all the time, especially if I am in a hectic gunfight and I run out of ammo for ANY weapon with an enemy still in my sights.

That's when I pull out my REX and take him out with one bullet between the eyes <3

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Morkath wrote: »
    AA guns don't need a boost, you can already take a chopper down to 50 health with a heavy MG as it is. Grenade launchers don't need a nerf either. The only thing I'm really sad about is the M1911 because I love it sooo much

The 1911 needs a nerf, although not a big one. It kills in the same number of shots as the revolver, but shoots way faster.

All the pistols other than the 1911 are such shit, though. All the other pistols need a buff, not the other way around

I am not so certain. It's a side arm. It's an emergency weapon. The majority of actual troops aren't even issued one.

A pistol is a tool used to get to your rifle that you should have had in the first place.

But yeah, pistol's shouldn't be able to go toe to toe with AR's/SMG's/whatnot, it should be used to finish off the enemy that you already wounded with your rifle.

Morkath on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've a definite fondness for the 1911, but I can understand it getting a nerf. There really isn't much point to using any of the other pistols with it the way it is. As long as the different pistols are still viable for different uses, I see no reason to not fix it.

The M60 fix is something obvious, but I'm not especially concerned with the AA fix. I'd rather see the 40mm, CG, and rez invincibility worked over, but I think those are fixes which be more complicated than just bumping up or down damage and accuracy values.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Arrath wrote: »
    Get some crazy recon points being a magical life restoring tree.

I miss Shadowrun. :(

Sheep on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wish they would bring more guns up to the level of the m60 instead of bringing the m60 down to other guns. I hate having to fire 7 goddamn shots to kill someone.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    All the other pistols bar the Rex are trash. Like M60 vs. PKM trash.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    downer wrote: »
    Here is a link to some extreme video type lag/hit detection/pov quirks that one of my friends experiences in game. From what we can tell it's not any type of latency issue, as he can play any other game perfectly fine. Some of his system specs are listed in the link.

this shit happens to me every time I play. Everything in there except for the GeoMelt. Especially the bullets not hurting people thing, it's so bad that I often just use the CG or 40mm's because shooting is so useless.

as for my specs I have C2Q 6600, 4 gigs ram, 8800GTS 640mb, and X-fi soundcard.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    The M1911 and I would like to have a word with you.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    AA guns don't need a boost, you can already take a chopper down to 50 health with a heavy MG as it is. Grenade launchers don't need a nerf either. The only thing I'm really sad about is the M1911 because I love it sooo much

40mm grenades are fine. The fact that you can recharge your own grenades is not.

override367 on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wish they would bring more guns up to the level of the m60 instead of bringing the m60 down to other guns. I hate having to fire 7 goddamn shots to kill someone.
    Play hardcore. That way all the guns can kill people in 4 shots (except for the M60, which will do it in 2.)

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Yeah, that was supposed to come after Ninja Snarl's post. I only use the 1911 and Rex.

Malkor on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Play hardcore. That way all the guns can kill people in 4 shots (except for the M60, which will do it in 2.)

If you play hardcore, you can't do it with the coolest kids in school.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »

If you play hardcore, you can't do it with the coolest kids in school.
    I am truly heartbroken, I assure you.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, that was supposed to come after Ninja Snarl's post. I only use the 1911 and Rex.
    A man after my own heart.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Saiga or SPAS with the slugs?

Which do you prefer?

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    A man after my own heart.

Right exactly. I always aim for your heart Hacksaw.

Malkor on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    USAS. Its been my go to sniper gun.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »
    Jaunty wrote: »

The 1911 needs a nerf, although not a big one. It kills in the same number of shots as the revolver, but shoots way faster.

All the pistols other than the 1911 are such shit, though. All the other pistols need a buff, not the other way around

I am not so certain. It's a side arm. It's an emergency weapon. The majority of actual troops aren't even issued one.

A pistol is a tool used to get to your rifle that you should have had in the first place.

But yeah, pistol's shouldn't be able to go toe to toe with AR's/SMG's/whatnot, it should be used to finish off the enemy that you already wounded with your rifle.

Absolutely, I'm not saying a pistol versus an AR should ever win in a straight on fight. I just want it to be worth switching to rather than just reloading.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I like playing with PA people and the PA servers aren't hardcore.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Isn't there a PA Hardcore server?

Alternative answer: if you can scare up a crew, I'll set PA West Coast to Hardcore temporarily and we can make an evening of it.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Okay? The option is still available to you, whether or not you choose to take it.

P10 on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tofu wrote: »

Ugh, from a related and apparently not sarcastic tweet.

"@Demize99 why not add some c4 for medics? like they have 1 gun and a first aid kit lol."

YES THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA. ALSO, PLZ 2 GIVE THEM ROCKETS.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

"@Demize99 why not add some c4 for medics? like they have 1 gun and a first aid kit lol."

I hope they get the Gustav.

Then it will be the Battlefield: Vietnam launch all over again.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I have read many posts on many forums saying that the medic needs something so he can deal with vehicles. It is mind boggling.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Haha, oh man.

People are complaining about BC2 now, but they don't even know. They don't even know the sheer horribadness of Vietnam's 1.0 balance.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What medics really need are jetpacks.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've a definite fondness for the 1911, but I can understand it getting a nerf. There really isn't much point to using any of the other pistols with it the way it is. As long as the different pistols are still viable for different uses, I see no reason to not fix it.

The M60 fix is something obvious, but I'm not especially concerned with the AA fix. I'd rather see the 40mm, CG, and rez invincibility worked over, but I think those are fixes which be more complicated than just bumping up or down damage and accuracy values.

I've actually been using the Grach and it kicks ass. I never use the 1911 anymore.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fuck yeah. It can be Secret Weapons of WWII all over again. 8-)

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zxerol wrote: »

Haha, oh man.

People are complaining about BC2 now, but they don't even know. They don't even know the sheer horribadness of Vietnam's 1.0 balance.
    At least it had Surfin' Bird though. BC2 players will never know the joy of tearassing around in a tank with that blaring or darting around in a jeep, beeping along to the beat.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fuck yeah. It can be Secret Weapons of WWII all over again. 8-)

Good lord, the jetpack that spawned in the second floor of that church in the demo.

The number of people that died running that gauntlet, and the one out of ten who would triumphantly leap out the window and fly away.

Pure beauty.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Isn't there a PA Hardcore server?

Alternative answer: if you can scare up a crew, I'll set PA West Coast to Hardcore temporarily and we can make an evening of it.

It would be nice having that server hardcore all the time :'(

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TKane wrote: »
    One thing that has to be fixed is Isla Innocentes phase 2 M-Com A.....I think?

Anyways that one where you can take down the whole building just by destroying the fence.

Done it twice now with one flyby in the Blackhawk and let loose on that fence thus taking the m-com.

I HAVE TO TRY THIS.

ALSO WITH CG, APPARENTLY.

Remember that exploiting is bannable on the Angry Dome.

To anyone who wants to try it.

I'm on Xbox. So no biggie for me. My PC is a pile of crap with a crap cream center.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    One thing that has to be fixed is Isla Innocentes phase 2 M-Com A.....I think?

Anyways that one where you can take down the whole building just by destroying the fence.

Done it twice now with one flyby in the Blackhawk and let loose on that fence thus taking the m-com.

I HAVE TO TRY THIS.

ALSO WITH CG, APPARENTLY.

Remember that exploiting is bannable on the Angry Dome.

To anyone who wants to try it.

I'm on Xbox. So no biggie for me. My PC is a pile of crap with a crap cream center.

You really think this will stop them from banning you? The Anger of the Dome transcends time, space, and hardware friend.

Malkor on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    there should be a medal for crashing the most helicopters

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    hahahahaha oh wow m95 with red dot is glorious

Senshi on
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Senshi wrote: »
    hahahahaha oh wow m95 with red dot is glorious

8-)

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I try classes other than recon

but I end up grabbing slug shotgun and going 'now, motion mines GOOOO' and get all sad when i pull out a stupid ammo crate

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    SanguinarySanguinary Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've been looking around, but I haven't been able to find if there are any assist stats. Is it that they just don't exist or that I'm not looking in the right places?

Sanguinary on
    "Und... under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka, you dumbass"

"I don't even bother to use my brain any more! There's nothing left in it"