Options

Bad Company 2: Objective bravo is getting kicked!

• Options
    MafMaf Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I guess I should lime my name so it doesn't get missed to be added to the OP for the 360.

Maf03

Maf on
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My game crashed twice last night, and I was on a roll both games.

Heartbreaking.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My plan to give Das Ubermensch a K/D ratio above one has been completely upended by the starting weaponry.

Good christ that shit is awful.

Warcry on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    welp +413 marksman headshot bonus

thanks pubbie scrub in Angry Dome

Senshi on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    My plan to give Das Ubermensch a K/D ratio above one has been completely upended by the starting weaponry.

Cool_story_bro.jpeg?AWSAccessKeyId=1C9REJR1EMRZ83Q7QRG2&Expires=1269362765&Signature=PVzu8R61OWCLtMKTOb1UEfPtJLU%3D

WarCry just...just give up. It's ok. Just enjoy the game.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not in the OP!

Verrsplosion

Also, I had a really simple Battlefield moment that made me giggle. Running around in Valapariso, blast down the door (much better than stabbing it) jump through. I turn and see a guy spin around and begin m60'ing me. I unload the 40mm shotgun, and right as it goes off, m60 guy crouches and another medic, right behind him, starts to shoot his m60. Bang, double headshot.

Karma's a bitch.

Verr on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Klyka wrote: »

Cool_story_bro.jpeg?AWSAccessKeyId=1C9REJR1EMRZ83Q7QRG2&Expires=1269362765&Signature=PVzu8R61OWCLtMKTOb1UEfPtJLU%3D

WarCry just...just give up. It's ok. Just enjoy the game.

hissssss

Warcry on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Who runs the PA BC2 group? There's some shithead posting comments with links to Steam password fishing sites.

Echo on
  • Options
    strategerystrategery Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I don't get the hate for the starting weaponry. The PKM is awesome, the AEK I've always liked, the engy SMG is alright not the best but good enough, and the M24 is widely considered one of the best snipers in the game.

Unless you're talking about the stuff you don't start with(ammo box, defib, motion mines, power tool, etc). that does suck donkey nuts.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't like playing without my red dot/4x sight.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Just had a pretty epic Battlefield moment.

The map is Valpariso. I'm defending, on the second MCOM point, and things aren't looking good. I'm up in the lighthouse calling in mortar strike after mortar strike, spotting, and occasionally sniping for good measure. The enemy team knows this, and has been keeping no less than three sharp-shooters watching my windows at all times. Despite this, I've managed to rack up 2 dozen kills and almost twice as many assist in a short 5 minutes.

As time passes, individual recons have been making their way over to my position in an attempt to take me down. Each fails, miserably. One even starts sniping a few feet away from me, completely unaware of my presence and extreme proximity to him. I stabbed him in the head for good measure. Alas, all good things must end. In this case, my end came in the form of a rookie sniper who battled me up close for 2 minutes before finally blasting my head in with the final bullet from his 1911.

Shortly there after, the enemy blew the second MCOM station, and the boundaries moved back. The mission went on, but not before I nailed the lucky rookie in the head with my GOL Magnum while he was sniping out of the top-floor lighthouse window. One shot, one kill, 123 point marksmanship headshot bonus.

Fuck yeah. 8-)

Hahaa I have the exact opposite story about the same location as a defender taking out endless snipers who insisted on using the lighthouse. My story was different because I was an assault shotgunner who used traps of C4 and the saiga to blow everyone up. Cost the attackers a whole bunch of tickets to take me out :lol: .

That lighthouse is either a death trap or godsend depending on who is in it and why they are there.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    strategery wrote: »

I don't get the hate for the starting weaponry. The PKM is awesome, the AEK I've always liked, the engy SMG is alright not the best but good enough, and the M24 is widely considered one of the best snipers in the game.

Unless you're talking about the stuff you don't start with(ammo box, defib, motion mines, power tool, etc). that does suck donkey nuts.

The starting weapons are okay, but yeah, starting without kits sucked. Lots of "why don't you heal/revive me?" yelling when I first started in on Medic.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The only time I yell at a medic for not reviving me is if I see them with an M60

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

The iron sights on the AEK suck arse, so do the ones on the PKM. The APV Avtomat or whatever is really just awful for anything but CQC and even then you only stand a chance if you pop out of nowhere with a clown mask to scare the living shit out of someone before you shoot them.

The M24 is good because of that scope. Yay for distance notches and one pixel wide lines.

Warcry on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You don't need the distance notches if you fire your gun once

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not in the OP and I don't really care to be.

Hoz on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »

The map is Valpariso. I'm defending, on the second MCOM point, and things aren't looking good. I'm up in the lighthouse calling in mortar strike after mortar strike, spotting, and occasionally sniping for good measure. The enemy team knows this, and has been keeping no less than three sharp-shooters watching my windows at all times. Despite this, I've managed to rack up 2 dozen kills and almost twice as many assist in a short 5 minutes.

As time passes, individual recons have been making their way over to my position in an attempt to take me down. Each fails, miserably. One even starts sniping a few feet away from me, completely unaware of my presence and extreme proximity to him. I stabbed him in the head for good measure. Alas, all good things must end. In this case, my end came in the form of a rookie sniper who battled me up close for 2 minutes before finally blasting my head in with the final bullet from his 1911.

Shortly there after, the enemy blew the second MCOM station, and the boundaries moved back. The mission went on, but not before I nailed the lucky rookie in the head with my GOL Magnum while he was sniping out of the top-floor lighthouse window. One shot, one kill, 123 point marksmanship headshot bonus.

Fuck yeah. 8-)

Hahaa I have the exact opposite story about the same location as a defender taking out endless snipers who insisted on using the lighthouse. My story was different because I was an assault shotgunner who used traps of C4 and the saiga to blow everyone up. Cost the attackers a whole bunch of tickets to take me out :lol: .

That lighthouse is either a death trap or godsend depending on who is in it and why they are there.
    No kidding. I've been able to systematically deny enemy teams a victory on that map simply by holding the lighthouse and preventing their snipers from using it as a crow's nest.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    grambogrambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nayl219 wrote: »
    My gamertag, brautigan219, is listed under the ea pc list but I'm actually on the 360.

Awesome pubby moment last night. Defending on valparaiso. Teams mostly made of recons, go figure, so I say fuck it and go recon as well. Its a pubby group so I don't feel as bad about it.

I'm throwing motion mines and spotting like its my job....wait that is the recon job, anyway. Whole team is pretty disorganized the whole match until the last set of mcomms. That sloped bottleneck ends up being our last stand. We start to pull together when my team notices the motion mines I'm throwing actually help...crazy concept.

I stand in the back spotting and lobbing mines and like magic most of the team switches to assault and engy. The assaults all run past my position and bury me in ammo crates. The enemy team can't get anywhere because once I see them I plaster a motion mine across their position and my team eats them.

It felt fantastic to rally and win the match with barely killing any mans. I had about 5 kills and ended with around 3k points. Being a useful recon feels great if only because its so rare. I felt so appreciated what with the pile of ammo boxes next to me and my team responding to my motion mining like violent ocean waves obeying poseidons wrath. Ah fun times

It's amazing how useful motion mines are on defense of Valpariso if you have a few assault with RPG and ammo boxes down, epsecially in those spots where attackers have to come up over the hill (2nd MCOMs and final MCOMs I think). 2 recons tossing mines and 2 assault RPG'ing over the crest of the hills = death. Toss in some airstrikes for good measure and watch the tickets bleed away.

I mostly suck at shotgun recon but I love playing it. Still using the default shotgun with slugs, need to unlock more goodies.

grambo on
    grambo..png
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/24960/

Battlefield BC2 Squad Pack. Four copies of BC2 for the price of three. Not bad, Steam. Not bad.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wish they'd had that deal at pre-sale.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »

Fuck yeah. 8-)

Knifing people as they're running inside the lighthouse to get to the snipers is the best. I think I took out like two whole squads defending some sniper and medic combo.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

The iron sights on the AEK suck arse, so do the ones on the PKM. The APV Avtomat or whatever is really just awful for anything but CQC and even then you only stand a chance if you pop out of nowhere with a clown mask to scare the living shit out of someone before you shoot them.

The M24 is good because of that scope. Yay for distance notches and one pixel wide lines.

Weird, I thought the open-ness of the iron sights on the PKM made target acquisition easier. And the AEK sights never bugged me in the slightest. Only starting gun I disliked was the avtomat. That thing is pretty much shit.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Love the avtomat.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Having trouble getting the Distinguished Retaliation Combat Insignia. I have no paybacks. I guess no one person is killing me enough. I imagine it is kinda hard for that to happen outside of smaller servers.

I have 6 Nemesises from predictable snipers.

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/Machismo

And still no squad member pin. Guess I need to play more non Rush matches.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If it's not the latency, it's the guns. If it's not the guns, it's the FPS. If it's not the FPS the server crashes and the stats don't get saved.

I could go on and on.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If it's not the latency, it's the guns. If it's not the guns, it's the FPS. If it's not the FPS the server crashes and the stats don't get saved.

I could go on and on.

You're starting to sound like Goomby. ;P

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I just love how all the complaints come from the PC side. Apparently DICE is better at making console versions of their games work. I've never had a single problem since they expanded their servers a couple weeks ago. Stats update nicely, latency is never a problem, and the guns have all been great.

Guess 360 was the right choice :P

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    omg the M1 has a bayonette?

Malkor on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    do you use it instead of the knife?

SJ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Machismo wrote: »

I could go on and on.

Just pointing out how Warcry will never stop to find excuses 8-)

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just love how all the complaints come from the PC side. Apparently DICE is better at making console versions of their games work. I've never had a single problem since they expanded their servers a couple weeks ago. Stats update nicely, latency is never a problem, and the guns have all been great.

Never thought I would say it but yeah, 360 was the better choice. I only wish the maps were slightly larger and allowed for 16 on 16.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What the

Why do you not have The Dentist

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Movitz wrote: »
    [...] which is why there is a need for an autobalance feature. However, I can see it being hard to implement as many players like to play in squads with friends.

Coolest solution would be a scramble that compares squad scores and then shuffles around whole squads to even the teams' scores on a map-change. They already check squad scores to award the medal.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Does the "anti-material" portion of the M95's description actually mean anything? I am about to unlock it and I can't see any reason to use it over the GOL for sniping WHILE SPOTTING AND CALLING DOWN MORTARS ON STRATEGIC TARGETS.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Madpanda wrote: »
    Does the "anti-material" portion of the M95's description actually mean anything? I am about to unlock it and I can't see any reason to use it over the GOL for sniping WHILE SPOTTING AND CALLING DOWN MORTARS ON STRATEGIC TARGETS.

It does damage to light vehicles and helicopters.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I could go on and on.

Starting over with a completely new account and trying to keep a good K/D with weak guns is very difficult.
    Especially since most people are up to at least rank 15. Also my internet is total shit. BUT FOR THIS WEEK ONLY. NEXT WEEK I JOIN THE GLORIOUS ADSL MASTER RACE.

Warcry on
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I've been having a hell of a lot of problems with EA's servers the last couple days. Pretty much constant non-response or disconnects searching for games. Once I actually get in a game it seems fine though.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

:^:

Agreed 100%

The odd crash here and there while loading a map but never frequent.

My only gripe with the 360 version (and I still think it's only a crazy coincidence) is when picking Quick Play for Rush or Conquest, it seems to put me into Nelson Bay.

Other than that, I <3 this game. Like <3<3<3<3<3 big time. I wish I had more time to play!

PS- Tried using the SVG Short (I think it's called anyway) with a red dot and its SO fun! I can rush and take points with decent firepower, basically double tap anyone in my way, or countersnipe if need be...all while being totally silent!

Very fun recon build! A close second to slug shotgun engie with mines :D

Lt. Fragg on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I could go on and on.

Starting over with a completely new account and trying to keep a good K/D with weak guns is very difficult.
    Especially since most people are up to at least rank 15. Also my internet is total shit. BUT FOR THIS WEEK ONLY. NEXT WEEK I JOIN THE GLORIOUS ADSL MASTER RACE.

It's like we were made for each other.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I would go with the whole "there are at least ~260 PA'ers on the PC and this thread on PA is where people go to vent after just getting killed in-game." I'm sure that back in the day there were a lot more complaints from Gears of War 360 players than there were PC players.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
This discussion has been closed.